Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650576 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Perth, Australia

#474864 Sep 5, 2013
https://www.google.com.au/search...

do you liked moping mobing cleaning
truth

Perth, Australia

#474865 Sep 5, 2013
life for 7 billions kids who give that you can make joke as well be deceiver and possessor as well accuser as well false judge as well many things

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
if i need i will remove entire planet much more
who say that
not me

nice suits nice evil diploma nice lips with nice speech

evil
truth

Perth, Australia

#474866 Sep 5, 2013
deceivers and possessors speaking in name of real creator

not me

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#474867 Sep 5, 2013
Oxbow sonny,where the scripture instructs us lean not to your own understanding wants youto confide in the Lord with all that is on your mind/Confidewith FATHER like you would your closest friend. Don't rely on yourown discernment with amatter,ANY MATTER, no matter how small it may seem until you have laid it before the Lord. Test the matter with the word to see what instructions the Lord has for you.Then ask God for direction and discernment over the matter.

If you are starting any project,LEAN NOT UNTO YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING but bring the project before the Lord and ask God for direction. Rule of thumb for a wise person is when starting any project regardless of what it may be,if you ask God for direction three times and you aren't successful the third time then God is not supporting that projest....usually.

A word to the wise is sufficient.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#474868 Sep 5, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I repeat:
Catholics insist that "church" in Scripture identifies the Roman Catholic Church.
I find no English dictionary, Bible dictionary, Greek lexicon, nor Scripture, that so defines the word "church"....and neither does any Catholic....
So what! We ALREADY know, believe and follow the TRUTH and it is in the historically and biblically PROVEN TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church!..... If you can't accept this--it doesn't matter (one iota) to us Catholics!!!!!Go live and believe what you want OX! Quite frankly "we as Catholics --"could care less" as to WHAT you want to believe!!!Go argue with yourself --"In the mirror" OX!!!There is "nothing to discuss or debate" regarding this subject! The TRUTH, has, is and will ALWAYS REMAIN in Jesus Christ and His One TRUE Catholic Church!!!

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#474869 Sep 5, 2013
And OXBOWone more wordof advicefrom Gods word when seeking directionfromGod....IN ALL THY WAYS ACKNOWLEDGE HIM AND HE WILL DIRECT THY PATHS....PROVERBS 3:6. KAY?
truth

Perth, Australia

#474870 Sep 5, 2013
excuse me please..

it is written

how in heaven it is on earth
then your map as street directory in every city
many symbols
many no deference explain

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#474871 Sep 5, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Is Kay Marie doing?.Will she be in the rehab center much longer? God Bless!
I really don't know just how much longer she will be there.

The procedure that they are following at present, gives me the opinion that it wont be much longer...

How is Hermi...We are praying for him and, looking forward to his complete recovery...

That God will make him completely whole.

Thank you for asking.

She sends her love .

blessings to you and Hermi.

G.I.F.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#474872 Sep 5, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, that about covers it. They're all about Christ.
Faith - in Christ for eternal life.

Eat Jesus' flesh - Jesus said the flesh is of no help at all..the words I speak are spirit.

Baptism - no one anywhere in scripture has been condemned for not being baptized.

Works - no on anywhere in scripture has been condemned for not having good works. In fact scripture says we are not justified by works of the Law.

**Try again Tony
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#474873 Sep 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Either you or Chuck is guilty for changing the Word of God and undoing what the Apostles taught.
(He's OSAS)
Instead of making an unholy alliance against Anthony with Chuck, why don't you be a Pastor and save his soul?
I had asked you before if I die a true born again Christian who had endured to the end and yet believed in osas, would that keep me out of Heaven, I believed to said no. No all of a sudden I'm a lost soul. Which is it Clay?

I've told you before, Preston and I disagree on osas. That doesn't change the fact I believe he loves and serves the Lord with all is heart. That's probably why him and I stopped talking about it. We are both born again believers and we weren't accomplishing anything by discussing it. I will never discuss it again. It accomplished nothing.

You however are apart of a world religious system that is taking your soul straight to Heaven. You my friend are the one who needs saved.
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#474874 Sep 5, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>God is gonna deposit the Catholic religion into the deepest cell of hell He can find. But in the mean time we shall continue to pray for it's adherents, that God will eventually show the Catholic church the truth.
Typical fundie response when confronted with the truth. You ignore it and condemn everyone to hell.
Where's your reason and logic? The Bible didn't pop out of the sky. The Apostles didn't just hand out their writings without explaining the contents.
I tell you, if the evangelicals scenario on history and Christianity was truth, then Christ was a joke and His Ministry is even more of a joke.
All you're doing is forming a religion based on whatever you interpret from someone elses Holy Scriptures. Then you are calling this religion 'Christian'.
You guys got no case. I concur that God lifted you up when you were down in the dumps. After all, if He didn't do it because you weren't Catholic, He'd be a fraud too. We understand him to be infinite Love and Mercy. it makes perfect sense that you'd experience this infinite Love too.

Get out of the scripture interpretation business. You are not an authority on it. You're outside of His actual Church. You don't believe the same things that the Apostles taught about the Church.
The Eucharist is the pinnacle of Christianity on Earth, and you take it and throw it on the ground.
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#474875 Sep 5, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I had asked you before if I die a true born again Christian who had endured to the end and yet believed in osas, would that keep me out of Heaven, I believed to said no. No all of a sudden I'm a lost soul. Which is it Clay?
I've told you before, Preston and I disagree on osas. That doesn't change the fact I believe he loves and serves the Lord with all is heart. That's probably why him and I stopped talking about it. We are both born again believers and we weren't accomplishing anything by discussing it. I will never discuss it again. It accomplished nothing.
You however are apart of a world religious system that is taking your soul straight to Heaven. You my friend are the one who needs saved.
Your salvation ain't up to me.
But the bottom line is you undid the word of God. If you are comfortable with that than so be it. Let your words and actions stand before Him.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#474876 Sep 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
But the bottom line is you undid the word of God. If you are comfortable with that than so be it. Let your words and actions stand before Him.
so you lied when you said I would go to Heaven

All I asked for was your opinion and not if my salvation was up to you.

again..I do not teach..I'm not a pastor...I undid nothing.

Now go to your priest for lying.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#474877 Sep 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a great one to say what you have.

FIRST OFF.....NO ONE CAN UNDO THE WORD OF GOD...

Psa_119:89

For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.

SECONDLY..
Your religious organization has set aside the word of God and

ATTEMPTED TO REPLACE IT WITH YOUR OWN CONJECTURE....

BETTER SWEEP OFF YOU OWN BACK PORCH...

Col 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Col 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

NOTE
Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and

by him all things consist.

NOTE AGAIN
Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Col 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

Col 1:20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

Col 1:21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

Col 1:22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

THIS IS WHERE YOUR RELIGIOUS SYSTEM .. FAILS
Col 1:23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and

be not moved away from the hope of the gospel,

which ye have heard, and

which was preached to every creature which is under heaven;

whereof I Paul am made a minister;

I DO NOT THINK THAT BELIEVING OR NOT BELIEVING IN O S A S IS CRUCIAL

TO ONE'S SALVATION...

BUT

THE RITUALS, CALISTHENICS...ESPECIALLY ...REPLACING THE HOLY GHOST WITH A POPE,

LAYING CLAIM TO A MONOPOLY TO HEAVEN...LYING ABOUT THE

MOTHER OF JESUS

AND WORSHIPING IDOLS...

ARE WILLFUL SINS AGAINST GOD.
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#474878 Sep 5, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a great one to say what you have.
FIRST OFF.....NO ONE CAN UNDO THE WORD OF GOD...
Psa_119:89
For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.
SECONDLY..
Your religious organization has set aside the word of God and
ATTEMPTED TO REPLACE IT WITH YOUR OWN CONJECTURE....
BETTER SWEEP OFF YOU OWN BACK PORCH...
Col 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
Col 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
NOTE
Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and
by him all things consist.
NOTE AGAIN
Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
Col 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;
Col 1:20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.
Col 1:21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled
Col 1:22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:
THIS IS WHERE YOUR RELIGIOUS SYSTEM .. FAILS
Col 1:23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and
be not moved away from the hope of the gospel,
which ye have heard, and
which was preached to every creature which is under heaven;
whereof I Paul am made a minister;
I DO NOT THINK THAT BELIEVING OR NOT BELIEVING IN O S A S IS CRUCIAL
TO ONE'S SALVATION...
BUT
THE RITUALS, CALISTHENICS...ESPECIALLY ...REPLACING THE HOLY GHOST WITH A POPE,
LAYING CLAIM TO A MONOPOLY TO HEAVEN...LYING ABOUT THE
MOTHER OF JESUS
AND WORSHIPING IDOLS...
ARE WILLFUL SINS AGAINST GOD.
"no one can undo the word of God"

Ya right. People before you literally undid it. That's why you only have 66 Books of the Bible and I've got 73.
If the word of God says Jesus held up the Bread and said, "This my Body"
And now, 2,000 yrs later, you say "No it ain't"!
well, that's undoing it.
Apparently the word of God was misunderstood from 90 AD til you showed up? Ignatius and Clement heard it wrong from Peter and John? Truth was so important for our salvation, that Christ decided to wait until the born again movement arrived in the 20th century to clarify His real Ministry.
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#474880 Sep 5, 2013
marge wrote:
Thought that was the whole idea, to get some SAVED.
marge

Peace

Being SAVED is one side of the coin. The other side is to imitate Christ.(That is to walk with him, become more like him.) Christians often times accept that Jesus is the victim of their sins, but the begins the walk with him. And if one walks away, then it is like one who heard the words of Jesus, in the crowd, and then just went home, back to their old way, with the old man, without Christ....

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#474881 Sep 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. For Christianity, it took an authorative declaration by a hierarchy to decide which books were inspired and which were not.
Jesus Christ nor His Apostles ever commanded a Bible be compiled- less alone which Books were to be included.
Fundies will not like this link.
wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_of_the_New_Tes...
Thank you for agreeing that men decided what you are to believe and what you are not to believe.

So much for "God" being involved with your belief.

Albuquerque, NM

#474882 Sep 5, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>"I will give the world what no eye has seen or ear has heard." Jesus. Did not Jesus tell us that the world would not receive Him,and that He revealed His truth unto babes,and those who were not the educated puffed up in their own vainglory?
You need to finish that statement you quoted."No eye has seen nor ear has heard,what God will do for those who Love Him and are called according to His purpose."
If there is something Jesus shared that you are not revealing,which was not recorded in the New Testament,by all means share it.
Thansk for completing the passage. I didn't think it was necessary if one were to accept what Jesus stated. I guess you need the extra few words to make any sense of the statement.

I didn't.

BTW - for one to be "called" - one must take action. That my friend is Self.

Move past the words and understand their meanings.

Again Pad, I have.

"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God".

You do believe Jesus, right?

Albuquerque, NM

#474883 Sep 5, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>June you should become a BahaThey will explain to you about the Christ spirit,and how it is in all the religions.The problem however is that the True Spirit of Christ is persecuted and hated by all those religions.e see bg evidence of that to date
"Spirit" - an invisible 'entity' that everyone has. Although we cannot see the Spirit, many, including myself, believe it to exist and is the source of all of our actions - no matter what they are.

If one is to accept the "Spirit of Jesus", they would be accepting an invisible energy within their mind - and no where else.

No religion is required to acquire this.

This the RCC's statement is again proven to be false and very misleading.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#474884 Sep 5, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text> Oo
the ONKY passage I keep bringing up is,John 3:16
It doesn't mean what it says??? Very plainly in all versions,I read ..
How,strange .
Now one if the posters,is saying John didn't write it because he died in Jerusalem.
That I do NOT believe ..I do have discernment Anthony ..
I can read ..And understand much more each time I read ..wonder why that is..
About That passage ..please,tell me what YOU think it says ...it's the basis of our faith ..IMO.
We believe because we have faith ..the free gift of Grace ..given nit by the Church ..But by our Lord HIMSELF through HIS SPIRIT ...nit by something we received because we learn prayers,at a certain age and a bishop says,so.
The CHURCH is a great place for worship ...But it dies nit give salvation.
GOD GAVE HIS ONLY SON..THAT IF WE BELIEVE IN HIM ..WE HAVE ETERNAL LIFE .
Or do you deny that ..did the RCC make this,all up..
If not ..we believe the same inspired word of God ..
Not sure why you feel the need to take my statement and twist it to mean something entirely different. We agree on John 3:16 Rose. We don't agree on what "believing in Him" means.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Buck Crick 56,181
>>>> U.S. Court and F.D.A. approve dangerous ch... 2 min DamNation 1
Bring back thd human sexuality forum? 28 min Shanti 34
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 31 min Shanti 41
avandia 2014 (Jan '14) 47 min Richard Tzell 384
does any kids want to be completely naked for 2... 2 hr Susan 2
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 3 hr Steve III 446
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr bad bob 182,967
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 hr Hangman 971,867
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 16 hr ChristineM 445,930