Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658710 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#474603 Sep 3, 2013
Ask the Orthodox Rabbi

In fact, in talmudic times it was believed that rotten fish was good for you!

http://judaism.about.com/od/orthodoxfaqenkin/...

Quesnel, Canada

#474604 Sep 3, 2013
Of course those who believe in a creator want that creator to "personally" love them.

What good is a religion if it can't supply believers with emotional pleasures???

No good at all!

Quesnel, Canada

#474605 Sep 3, 2013
Modern Pagans learned about personal pleasure and how to satisfy their own whims.

When the father of Wicca Gerald Gardner stated that the goddess curses homosexuals ... that made many otherwise happy followers of the modernized religion "uncomfortable" with that teaching.

So, when the bi-sexual Alex Sanders took Wicca off into a new direction by claiming the goddess LOVES homosexuals and bi-sexuals ... that put the Wiccans at ease that the goddess was indeed a very loving and worthy entity to worship.

Religion is silly ... but humans are greedy and needy and insist on entertaining the idea that the deities see in them what their egos see in their SELVES.

Religion is BUNK!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#474606 Sep 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The word "Christ" stems from Judaism. The word "Jesus" stems from Catholicism.
Incorrect - again.

Please review this link for Greek notations that did not come through into Topix.
http://www.abarim-publications.com/Meaning/Je...

Jesus

There are five separate individuals named Jesus in the Bible, which is not such a wonder since Jesus is the Greek version of the Hebrew name Joshua (please revert to that name for etymology).

The most famous Jesus, of course, is the semi-biological son of Mary, son-by-law of Joseph and monogenes Son of God (see our article on John 3:16).
Other men named Jesus in the NT are an ancestor of Christ (Luke 3:29), Joshua (Acts 7:45 and Heb 4:8), a fellow worker of Paul named Jesus Justus (Col 4:11) and a Jewish magician who Paul and Barnabas meet on Cyprus, named Bar-Jesus (a Greek transliteration of the Aramaic for Son Of Joshua).

The name Jesus is the Greek transliteration of either the name Joshua or its shortened form Jesuha.

The name Jesus means "Yah Will Save".

Don't you just love it when people like you try to change up the story - or continue in the lie manufactured so long ago?

You and others are why many are so blinded, that they can't see through the bullshite and find the truths that do exist.

DOH!

Albuquerque, NM

#474607 Sep 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So the cross isn't enough, we also have to do something?
Yes.

Please stop putting all the responsibility on Jesus.

Self.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#474608 Sep 3, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
Self.
?

I happen to agree with you on this point Self.

Quesnel, Canada

#474609 Sep 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Incorrect - again.
Please review this link for Greek notations that did not come through into Topix.
http://www.abarim-publications.com/Meaning/Je...
Jesus
There are five separate individuals named Jesus in the Bible, which is not such a wonder since Jesus is the Greek version of the Hebrew name Joshua (please revert to that name for etymology).
The most famous Jesus, of course, is the semi-biological son of Mary, son-by-law of Joseph and monogenes Son of God (see our article on John 3:16).
Other men named Jesus in the NT are an ancestor of Christ (Luke 3:29), Joshua (Acts 7:45 and Heb 4:8), a fellow worker of Paul named Jesus Justus (Col 4:11) and a Jewish magician who Paul and Barnabas meet on Cyprus, named Bar-Jesus (a Greek transliteration of the Aramaic for Son Of Joshua).
The name Jesus is the Greek transliteration of either the name Joshua or its shortened form Jesuha.
The name Jesus means "Yah Will Save".
Don't you just love it when people like you try to change up the story - or continue in the lie manufactured so long ago?
You and others are why many are so blinded, that they can't see through the bullshite and find the truths that do exist.
DOH!
Apparently there is nothing HOLY about a name. Otherwise it would not be changed at every turn by fickle theologians.

:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

CatholicCulture.Org

I.C.
Jesus -- first and last letters of his name in Greek, Ihcuc.

http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/librar ...

Quesnel, Canada

#474610 Sep 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes.
Self.
Is your RIGHT self now referring to Ihcuc

Quesnel, Canada

#474611 Sep 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
?
So had Jesus actually lived, he was not responsible that he abandoned the faithful Jews to in turn work 24/7 in Catholic confessionals???

That hardly seems RIGHT.

I think Jehovah would be HIGHLY disappointed in his Jewish son.

Silly dogma only make sense to silly people.

Quesnel, Canada

#474612 Sep 3, 2013
In ALL theology of Jesus ... he was a faithful Jew right up to the time he was crucified.

But after he died in mortal body, and his spirit lived on, he must have had a change of HEART ... and VENUE, as after his supposed death, his spirit went flying off to a Christian heaven rather than his spirit reuniting with Jehovah from whence he came.

The lies are very plain to see ... if you are not blind-sighted by that sought-after word SALVATION.

Quesnel, Canada

#474613 Sep 3, 2013
So according to theology ... on earth Jesus was a faithful Jew ... but after he was crucified his spirit became united first with Catholics, and then with Muslims and then with Protestants, as they all had a PART of him.

The one god became a corporation with Jews, Catholics, Muslims and Protestants ... ALL claiming to own the only REAL SHARES.

Religion is adulterated BUNK!

Quesnel, Canada

#474614 Sep 3, 2013
Many Muslims also have a share in Jesus, as they believe he will come with the 12th Imam (savior) to kill the pigs ... which in biblical language is "swine."

Quesnel, Canada

#474615 Sep 3, 2013
After years of study, I have yet to find anything in religion that is not based on self-invested nonsense.

Even the modern Pagan religions with their goddess of love comes back to the idea ... "'I' am loved unconditionally. The goddess walks hand in hand with me ... even when I go to prison for crimes I willfully committed."

Albuquerque, NM

#474617 Sep 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
So the cross isn't enough, we also have to do something?

New Age wrote:
Yes.

Self.
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
?
Okay. Why use the question mark, sir?

Albuquerque, NM

#474618 Sep 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Is your RIGHT self now referring to Ihcuc
I'm not familiar with "Ihcuc".

So no.

Albuquerque, NM

#474619 Sep 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
In ALL theology of Jesus ... he was a faithful Jew right up to the time he was crucified.
I disagree, as many of his teachings are not included within Judaism, but only refer to them in comparison.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#474620 Sep 3, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
I'm puzzled. I get that way sometimes when I meditate on Gods word.
In the Bible Christ told a man whom He had healed of his infirmities to go and sin no more. I'm puzzled as to why Christ would tell someone to sin no more knowing full well that everyone that is in these flesh bodies eventually will sin again.
Scripture even tells us that if we say we don't sin then we are lying.
Why would Christ tell a man to do somethign that He knows full well a mortal is incapable of doing? I'm puzzled.
Same reason He said to Mary: And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#474621 Sep 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Maybe we should have a vote on which theologian throughout history was the most famous of all theologians.
My guess is it would make at least ONE pack of religious animals ecstatic if they won the title and could in turn there-after brag of their "success."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
Classical Greek theology[edit source]
Various forms of systematic and philosophical reflection on Ancient Greek religion and Greek mythology arose in the classical period—from Hesiod's attempts to organize the diverse materials of mythology into a unified Theogony to the more properly philosophical analysis reportedly carried out by Socrates.
Influential texts include:
Hesiod's Theogony (c. 700 BC)
Plato's Timaeus (c. 360 BC)
Aristotle's Metaphysics Book Lambda (c. 330 BC)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_theol...
Please, please, I am holding back- dont go into philosophy, particularly from the Classical Period. I have tried to be kind to you.To compare Socrates, Aristotle, an Plato's way of arriving at the Truth to mythology is babbling.Theology? They did wrote about God but not in terms of mythological gods or the Christian God.There is an idea of the "logos", but not a personal logos.There is some neoPlatonism in Christianity. But it is a stretch to call any of these men theologians. Just please leave it alone June.The East was influenced by Greek philosophy figures like the Cappadocians perceived the inadequacy of philosophy in exploring God and turned to Apophatic philosophy. The West,receivinG the works of classic philosophy much later than the East, rode it for a much longer period of ScHolasticism but found it wanting as well.One interesting Westerner, Justin Martyr in his Dialogues with Trypho came to the same conClusion as the eAST MUCH EARLIER THAN THE OTHERS.

Quesnel, Canada

#474622 Sep 3, 2013
More theological blather preached as truth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Ask the Rabbi

There is another great difference between animals and humans. The divine human soul is completely independent of any physical substance. For a human being, when the body expires, the divine spiritual soul lives on eternally. Whereas since animals lack a divine soul, when the body expires, their animal soul expires, too. So even though they have an important place in this world, there is no heaven for animals.

http://www.aish.com/atr/Animal_Souls.html...

Quesnel, Canada

#474623 Sep 3, 2013
If you want to avoid being totally messed up ... I suggest you don't believe that preaching of ANY theologians.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.

Transmigration of Souls. An ancient belief concerning the transition of the soul after death to another body or substance, usually human or animal; also known as metempsychosis. BRAHMINS and Buddhists accept human descent into plants as well as animals, and the Buddha underwent 550 births in different forms. The ancient Egyptians held to a form of transmigration in which the soul could inhabit another form to allow temporary revisiting the earth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 min onemale 282,986
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Aura Mytha 70,873
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 9 min Johnny 5,011
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 17 min Ronald 113
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min trifecta1 974,732
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 47 min Spider1954 3,029
I prefer women's satin panties over men's under... (Mar '16) 1 hr Del 40
More from around the web