Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650384 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#474540 Sep 2, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "Maybe the simplest way to see the difference is this: Fundamentalists see the Church as man’s gift (of worship) to God, while Catholics see it as God’s gift (of salvation) to man.” End quote.
One of the most asinine ignorant statements spoken by a Roman Catholic. Absolutely stupid.
You said, quote,“For fundamentalists, we’re saved as individuals and then join in a kind of ecclesiastical chorus to sing our thanks back to God. For Catholics, we are saved precisely by being incorporated into the Church, Christ’s mystical Body, as Noah and his family were saved by being put into the ark.(Many of the Church Fathers use the ark as a symbol for the Church.)” End quote.
Everyone, if they are going to be saved it will be individually not corporately.
You said, quote,“It’s as if — to extend the metaphor — fundamentalists prefer to be saved by clinging to individual life preservers, then tying them together for fellowship.” End quote.
Tying them together? You are nuts?
You said, quote,“To Catholics, the Church is “the mystical Body of Christ.” The Church is a “mystery.” Fundamentalists don’t understand this category.“Mystery” sounds suspiciously pagan to them. They want their religion to be clear and simple (as Moslems do). They’ll admit, of course, that God’s ways are not our ways and often appear mysterious to us. But they don’t want their Church to be mysterious, like God, because they don’t think of it as an extension of God but as an extension of man.” End quote.
God did not make salvation a mystery. Even a child can understantd the Gospel message. Obviously, Roman Catholics cannot. Also, spelling is not your long suit is it? Moslems? What is a Moslem?
<quoted text>
Again, you never answer the questions or challenge my statements regarding your dribble. Why not? Rat got your tongue? Evidently you have no answer and agree. Thank you! It finally sank in.
Dr. Peter Kreeft is nothing more than a former Protestant. You gave him a title of "former evangelical fundamentalist". Actually, he is nothing more than a former Protestant.
Jesus spoke to crowds for sure And touched INDIVIDUAL hearts ..But when He healed it was,one on one ..

He,said IF YOU BELIEVE...some did. Some rejected Him .

Every person who heard Him was NOT SAVED ...only those who believed.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#474541 Sep 2, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You wrote
-"Jesus Christs One True Catholic ---LIVES ON--"
IT WILL LIVE ON...ALL RIGHT ... BUT
THE QUESTION IS....
Where will it spend eternity....
AFTER DEATH WHAT THEN....
~~~
Dan 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
Dan 12:3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.
Dan 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and
seal the book,
even to the time of the end:
many shall run to and fro, and knowledge
shall be increased.
SO YOU ARE SURE THAT THE BOOK THAT IS REFERENCED ABOVE
IS THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CATECHISM...?
it is my opinion...that
You are in for one rude awakening....
I/we as Catholics will continue (as we always have for over 2000 yeas years to rely upon the TRUTH of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, in and through Our Lords One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church, which has been PROVEN to be HISTORICALLY AND BIBLICALLY TRUE!!! Everything that you "spew" out on this forum seems to be NOTHING BUT------ "your opinion"!---------which is just one of the other 42,000+ bible only Protestants that "can't agree on ANYTHING except attacking the Faith of the TRUE Christians and the TRUE followers of Jesus Christ manifested in and through HIS One True Catholic Church. YOU CONFRINTING, can believe anything that want.
Jesus HIMSELF established, initiate and formed OUR CATHOLIC CHURCH.
Your Protestant Churches are ALL"man-made" beginning with Martin Luther and the Lutheran Church. We'll stick to the TRUTH! You can do what you want!!!
Gtown71

United States

#474542 Sep 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if Jesus was real, he wouldn't have died for a resigned Atheist. He would only have died for me if I chose to be a faithful Jew that practiced Judaism.
I don't fool my self as you do with your Christian B.S.
He is real. He is God. He did die for you, and all other atheist. Salvation has nothing to do with you practicing anything, it has all to do with who you have your faith and trust in.
why do I know He's the only true God? Becouse He's the only One who came to me, and completely changed my entire core beliefs in a momment.

He can do the same for anyone, all other is just religious talk.

I pray you meet someone like me, that hates the very idea of a God, and does so for years, and then all of a sudden can't get enough of God, and everything about them changes.:)

Using Gods name in vain constantly, lying, cheating, taking pain pills, getting drunk, you name it, then after less than 5 mins with God, not wanting to do any bad thing, and feeling bad if I even say one small curse word.

You tell me June, does that sound like something I was brainwashed into? Less then 5 minutes, it must have been some mighty great brainwashing. Lol

Not to mention Never wanting to go to any church or read a Bible -to couldn't get enough.

Many do go to church and live a certain life, bscouse of their birth, and upbringing, where as I was simply born again.
truth

Perth, Australia

#474543 Sep 2, 2013
who liked sit on God place..

it is written

who is as it is neglected real Creator..

o well did they have shame call themself they created something..

all shine stars and all demons will fall..
truth

Perth, Australia

#474544 Sep 2, 2013
it is written
about temptation..
its your pill
its your set up documents
its set up wicket too
much more..

on Cross is written

INRI
not y.. yiyri or whats so ever..

pretending lips can describe many things..
Gtown71

United States

#474545 Sep 2, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus spoke to crowds for sure And touched INDIVIDUAL hearts ..But when He healed it was,one on one ..
He,said IF YOU BELIEVE...some did. Some rejected Him .
Every person who heard Him was NOT SAVED ...only those who believed.
Hey rose, going back to prison in a few hours, for another week. Lol
I've enjoyed the read, and noticed a lot about baptisms lately.

Most say the thief on the cross died under the old covenant, but upon closer look he did not. When the soldiers went to break the legs of those on the crosses, they didn't break those of Jesus, since He was already dead. A persons will and testiment goes into effect the momment of death.

Although baptism is a beautiful thing, when one has already went from darkness to light, it is not a necessity.

Funny thing is how many believe a person is saved upon their baptism.

I say it is one of the first things a christian should do. They say it is the last thing a lost man should do??!?:)

Take care till next time.
truth

Perth, Australia

#474546 Sep 2, 2013
corupt media and police set up
last week

we know who they are
on grass my neighbour small bags with ice drugs..yep but they share money with big bosess within your law..

my law is not your law as never been..

set up prison from drug dillers politicians police this and that..is that corupt law

21 days
gabriel tell daniels secrets its long time before
its secrets..

in this city nothing exist
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o
truth

Perth, Australia

#474547 Sep 2, 2013
Why Holy scripture is been wrote on front?

be good
think about that
think not wink
truth

Perth, Australia

#474548 Sep 2, 2013
small bags 2.5 cm ..1.25 cm
white dust inside
how much cost that each

no no no
your police volice nevolice know that i know
they can't hide from me
why
earth swear to heaven you can't hide nothing
truth

Perth, Australia

#474549 Sep 2, 2013
i am dying from cancer not from cross or prison

byyyyyyyyyy

if Jesus come maybe miracle will be happen

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

o
did you see that geometric line switch of switch on..
its correct numbers light
now just tiny things and collect whats so ever

remember
tiny things stay in mind as neurons

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#474550 Sep 2, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
No, You don't think and that is your problem. Herme is an idiot. Go read the puritan boards, go read Baptists scholars whom I quoted. The above was debunked throughly. Wild Stories is all they are. There were no Waldensians in 1120 sorry. If you wish to portrya then correctly then you should also bring out that they persecuted others as they protestantized. The Albegnesians murdered the pagal legate. You Protestants want to believe that something like you believed in existed, but it never did. You can add your stories to the gnostics. Waldo formed the Movement period.
So you can cut and paste documents proven to be wrong by Protestant scholars, you can deny what the Waldensians say, you can continue to foster a lie or you can come to grips with reality but suspect you believe Bush blew up the twin towers and Moslems caused the 35w bridge to collapse. I love the Jesuit Oath myth destroyed many times on this thread which your heretic friend Herme took hook line and sinker the scholarly fellow he is. lol
==========

In consideration that your forte lies , not in academics, but in the grade school art of name calling and antisocial art of verbal abuse, i will not respond to the poisonous part of your post.

I will say this. I will clear to everyone on the forium that I was interested in the Waldensens and was going to RESEARCH this issue.

"RESEARCH is a process of steps used to collect and analyze information to increase our understanding of a topic or issue". It consists of three steps: Pose a question, collect data to answer the question, and present an answer to the question." Creswell, J. W.(2008). Educational Research: Planning, conducting, and evaluating quantitative and qualitative research (3rd ed.). Upper Saddle River: Pearson

Understand? I was at the gathering data stage. I am not yet at the answering question stage.At this point I have 50 documents. I am not yet comfortable answering the question.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#474551 Sep 2, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>==========
In consideration that your forte lies , not in academics, but in the grade school art of name calling and antisocial art of verbal abuse, i will not respond to the poisonous part of your post.
I will say this. I will clear to everyone on the forium that I was interested in the Waldensens and was going to RESEARCH this issue.
"RESEARCH is a process of steps used to collect and analyze information to increase our understanding of a topic or issue". It consists of three steps: Pose a question, collect data to answer the question, and present an answer to the question." Creswell, J. W.(2008). Educational Research: Planning, conducting, and evaluating quantitative and qualitative research (3rd ed.). Upper Saddle River: Pearson
Understand? I was at the gathering data stage. I am not yet at the answering question stage.At this point I have 50 documents. I am not yet comfortable answering the question.
You are,thorough ..Will await your answer.Thanks,for being so thorough Nick .

Hoping to hear did you have time to watch the videos,
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#474552 Sep 2, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins.""
Jesus's sacrifice on the cross is what made baptism salvific. If the cross took care of everything, everyone would automatically be saved the minute they're born.
One is,required to believe in every scripture on the subject .
You believe nothing when you are,born .

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#474553 Sep 2, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe the OLD TESTAMENT IS INSPIRED OF GOD...GOD BREATHED...
THEN YOU WILL HAVE TO TAKE THE WORD OF ISAIAH THE MESSIANIC PROPHET'S
WORD...AND CEASE DENYING GOD'S WORD AND CALLING HIM A LIAR..
ISAIAH SAID
Isa_9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and
-->his name shall be called
Wonderful,
Counsellor,
The mighty God,
The everlasting Father,
The Prince of Peace.
THROW A TANDRUM .... KICK YOUR FEET AND SCREAM....BEAT YOUR NOGGON AGAINST THE FLOOR..LIKE A SPOILED CHILD...if you wish..
BUT
When you get done...WITH YOUR CHILDISH ANTICS
GOD'S WORD.... WILL STILL BE STANDING BEFORE YOU ...AS ETERNAL TRUTH.
AND ....
ALL WILL BE JUDGED ...BY IT... WHEN THEY COME BEFORE HIM...
AND THAT GOES FOR ALL OTHERS....HERE... THAT DENIIES GOD'S HOLY WORD...
FYI...My Bible is the infallible Sacred Inspired Word of God. There are no contractions in the OT...nor in the NT. It does not teach one thing in the OT and the oppopsite in the NT.

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

He who is "born of a woman" must be man; he whose name is "Wonderful, Counsellor, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, the Prince of peace," must be "equal with God." Thus the union of a divine with a human nature, in the person of the Messiah, was clearly revealed to the prophets of the Old Testament.

The only way the Holy Trinity can be expressed before the incarnation....during the incarnation,..and after the incarnation of Christ is:

The Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost..
The Father, the Incarnate Son, and the Holy Ghost.
The Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost..

That is the teaching in my Bible, the Catholic encyclopdia, the Catholic Catechisum, and the SBC...

One of us is as wrong as rain. Show me the Holy Trinity that is experessing Christ as being God Almighty, and I will be forced to look at my hole card....if my down card is not an ace...I will consider accepting that status....

Lacking that...there is only one other conculsion to be realized, expressed and acknowledged..........

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#474554 Sep 2, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You are,thorough ..Will await your answer.Thanks,for being so thorough Nick .
Hoping to hear did you have time to watch the videos,
I see you have a new dress...lol
marge

Leesburg, GA

#474555 Sep 2, 2013
Clay was right about one thing, from day one the catholics of this world have been fighting with the true disciples of Jesus, and it will continue till the last day.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#474556 Sep 2, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, John 8:44 should be a wake up call for anyone caught up in modern evangelical fanaticism. Lies could only be of Satan. Frankly, there are so many one has to embrace to be in your world..
I honestly get a lump in my throat when I think of how ignorant you are. Everything we show you, you simply ignore.
I thank the Lord my kids are not caught up in that cancerous of religion you've got. Forced stupidity are no qualities I want my kids to embrace.
Scripture says the exact same thing in your version and ours ..

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

There,

God loved the world

HE GAVE HIS,SON why

So that we might have ETERNAL life

If we believe in God

Who sent Jesus,

We are not cometh into judgement but pass,to life .

FOCUS on Jesus,..it is He who saves
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#474557 Sep 2, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I see you have a new dress...lol
Already cleared cookies and cache ..have to go back to sleep .

See you all tomorrow,..God bless you all
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#474558 Sep 2, 2013
Work to.morrow,...
marge

Leesburg, GA

#474559 Sep 2, 2013
truth wrote:
i am dying from cancer not from cross or prison
byyyyyyyyyy
if Jesus come maybe miracle will be happen
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
o
did you see that geometric line switch of switch on..
its correct numbers light
now just tiny things and collect whats so ever
remember
tiny things stay in mind as neurons
May God our Father Bless you and heal you dear truth, you go to the cross where Jesus heals all our desease's and tell Him you receive it and believe He paid the price for all your iniguities. And ask always our Fathers will be done in JESUS NAME. Blessings

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Buck Crick 56,083
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 11 min Rider on the Storm 182,946
Texting/Sext Buddies? (Oct '15) 12 min kiked me HoneyVhy 2
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 18 min ChristineM 445,921
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 43 min Student 44,967
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 47 min trifecta1 971,801
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr andet1987 2,335
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 5 hr kobechi3 71
More from around the web