Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687412 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#474427 Sep 2, 2013
To suggest that had Jesus existed, he would eat pork, is again an insult to every Jew on planet earth. But then, the Catholics suggest that that Jew also works non-stop in Catholic confessionals. Insulting the Jews was and still is ... a Catholic profession.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Kashrut: Jewish Dietary Laws

The Jewish dinner table is often compared to the Temple altar in rabbinic literature. A Jew who observes the laws of kashrut cannot eat a meal without being reminded of the fact that he is a Jew.

http://www.jewfaq.org/kashrut.htm
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#474428 Sep 2, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Therein lies the difference. You define yourself by the church you attend and we define ourselves by the Savior we follow.
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. No oldjg, you guys try and define Catholics by placing Roman in front of the Church. Which normally would be fine, except you do so as snakes trying to create a deceptive image and a separate Church.
The Catholic Church is the one started by Jesus Christ, whether you like it or not. The Bishop of Rome is the successor to Peter. This ensured continuity for 2,000 yrs. The truth is protected.
Outside the Church, truth takes a different- chaotic turn. Many call themselves the true church and true Christians; but truth changes from sect to sect and generation to generation.
There are no labels you can place in front of Our Lords Church, that takes away from its legitimacy. We are in a serious war with Satan. Its not easy being the only Church that stands up against contraception and gay marriage. We don't need you fundies participating in his attacks. He's got you wrapped around his finger. Your lies and hatred are evidence that you do not belong to the Spirit of Christ. Your arrogance will not allow you to see it. Think about it.
Cly, you are pathetic, lost and blind. Your ROMAN CATHOLIC church is nothing more than a callaboration of pagans and pagan beliefs led and rubber stamped by Constantine. The following verses best describe your "form" of Christianity.

II Timothy 3:5-8, 5 "They will act religious, but they will reject the power that could make them godly. Stay away from people like that! 6 They are the kind who work their way into people’s homes and win the confidence of vulnerable women who are burdened with the guilt of sin and controlled by various desires. 7 (Such women are forever following new teachings, but they are never able to understand the truth.) 8 These teachers oppose the truth just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses. They have depraved minds and a counterfeit faith."

Cly, the small (c) catholic church, universal church, is in fact the church of Jesus Christ as found in the book of Acts. Have you ever heard of the book of Acts? Look it up in the Bible and give it a read. You MIGHT learn something.
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#474429 Sep 2, 2013
Jews and Catholics are as different in their beliefs and rituals as day is from night.

Each time you pretend to worship that Jew, you lie.

In order to worship a Jew, you have to BE a Jew and practice Judaism as the Jews practiced and practice Judaism.

I suggest you stop bragging that you follow truth, as you don't even have a clue about the meaning of the word TRUTH! If you did ... you would stop lying about the Jew that you profess to worship.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#474430 Sep 2, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. No oldjg, you guys try and define Catholics by placing Roman in front of the Church. Which normally would be fine, except you do so as snakes trying to create a deceptive image and a separate Church.
The Catholic Church is the one started by Jesus Christ, whether you like it or not. The Bishop of Rome is the successor to Peter. This ensured continuity for 2,000 yrs. The truth is protected.
Outside the Church, truth takes a different- chaotic turn. Many call themselves the true church and true Christians; but truth changes from sect to sect and generation to generation.
There are no labels you can place in front of Our Lords Church, that takes away from its legitimacy. We are in a serious war with Satan. Its not easy being the only Church that stands up against contraception and gay marriage. We don't need you fundies participating in his attacks. He's got you wrapped around his finger. Your lies and hatred are evidence that you do not belong to the Spirit of Christ. Your arrogance will not allow you to see it. Think about it.
Is your Savior a Jew or a pope?
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#474431 Sep 2, 2013
Muslims also don't eat pork ... but then they also don't worship Jesus as their "master."

People do whatever pleases their emotional STATUS in their religions, and they brag that their theology is based on truth.

WHAT A LIE!
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#474433 Sep 2, 2013
The Jews also didn't ask the pertinent question ... that just maybe their Jewish theologians were "fibbers" in the guises of speaking for a god.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

We show our obedience to G-d by following these laws even though we do not know the reason.

http://www.jewfaq.org/kashrut.htm
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#474434 Sep 2, 2013
People that don't ask questions of their theologians will follow whatever the theologians write or preach as being based on TRUTH.

It's common practice.

The modern Pagans were given the impression that they "think" for their selves, and so they do.

Their founder Gerald Gardner was a homophobe who preached that from his perspective, the goddess curses homosexuals.

Well, the modern Pagans didn't like what he preached, so they spun the religion off into another morphed direction and they now believe that the goddess loves everybody unconditionally.

If you don't like it ... CHANGE IT.

That's a simple remedy within ALL religion.

Check out how the Catholics changed Judaism to suit their own emotions ... and then how Muslims changed Judaism and Catholicism to suit THEIR own emotions ... and then how the Protestants changed Judaism and Catholicism to suit THEIR own emotions ... and how they ALL brag that they KNOW truth.

That is religion in a nutshell!
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#474435 Sep 2, 2013
I suggest that when these Christians sing Hallelujah that they are worshipping "Jesus" as Lord and "savior."

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Yet the word Hallelujah originally meant "Praise ye 'Jehovah.'"

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#474436 Sep 2, 2013
You can worship a tadpole if it so pleases your emotions ... but I suggest that you stop bragging that you OWN truth.

It's a very silly trouble-making pastime and not at all based on honesty.

Theology is a fancy word for philosophy ... period!
Human Being

Jena, LA

#474437 Sep 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your FAITH is in the attitude that because you ARE Catholic you belong to the right religion and for that choice you deserve heaven ... while others who are not Catholic deserve to go to hell.
That's quite the FAITH you have Robert F.
It should make you ashamed rather than PROUD!
June:

I ask you not to take this as a sign of disrespect, but I just don't have the time to make sense of your nonsense.
Human Being

Jena, LA

#474438 Sep 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Which Lord?
Keep in mind Robert, that to the faithful Jews, Jesus is NOT a Lord, but rather a fake Catholic messiah.
To faithful Jews, the word Lord means Jehovah, or Elohim, or ADONAI ... which means GOD ... NOT messiah or savior.
You can distort language to bend to your favor ... but if you keep in mind that the word theology is simply a FANCY word for philosophy ... you will stop with the theological B.S. and deflate your fluffed-up ego of its STUFFINGS.
June

Ditto the last post.

You accuse me of distorting, then you try to distort theology into philosophy. You spout nonsense.
Human Being

Jena, LA

#474439 Sep 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If I was a Jew, faithful to Judaism, I would laugh at you for being so presumptuous and so full of your Catholic self.
I suggest that if you want to follow a faithful Jew go to a synagogue ... and STOP LYING!
June:

Nonsense.
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#474440 Sep 2, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Therein lies the difference. You define yourself by the church you attend and we define ourselves by the Savior we follow.
<quoted text>
Cly, you are pathetic, lost and blind. Your ROMAN CATHOLIC church is nothing more than a callaboration of pagans and pagan beliefs led and rubber stamped by Constantine. The following verses best describe your "form" of Christianity.
II Timothy 3:5-8, 5 "They will act religious, but they will reject the power that could make them godly. Stay away from people like that! 6 They are the kind who work their way into people’s homes and win the confidence of vulnerable women who are burdened with the guilt of sin and controlled by various desires. 7 (Such women are forever following new teachings, but they are never able to understand the truth.) 8 These teachers oppose the truth just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses. They have depraved minds and a counterfeit faith."
Cly, the small (c) catholic church, universal church, is in fact the church of Jesus Christ as found in the book of Acts. Have you ever heard of the book of Acts? Look it up in the Bible and give it a read. You MIGHT learn something.
Are you saying Constantine established the Eucharist, infant Baptism and Confession to a Priest?
No of course not. He couldn't have. These are clearly first century teachings.

So do you care to change your opinion that Constantine corrupted the faith? at what point then, do you believe Christianity became corrupted?

Run along my fanatic friend. I do not want to encourage you to lie more than you already do.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#474441 Sep 2, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Is your Savior a Jew or a pope?
"Maybe the simplest way to see the difference is this: Fundamentalists see the Church as man’s gift (of worship) to God, while Catholics see it as God’s gift (of salvation) to man. For fundamentalists, we’re saved as individuals and then join in a kind of ecclesiastical chorus to sing our thanks back to God. For Catholics, we are saved precisely by being incorporated into the Church, Christ’s mystical Body, as Noah and his family were saved by being put into the ark.(Many of the Church Fathers use the ark as a symbol for the Church.)

It’s as if — to extend the metaphor — fundamentalists prefer to be saved by clinging to individual life preservers, then tying them together for fellowship.

To Catholics, the Church is “the mystical Body of Christ.” The Church is a “mystery.” Fundamentalists don’t understand this category.“Mystery” sounds suspiciously pagan to them. They want their religion to be clear and simple (as Moslems do). They’ll admit, of course, that God’s ways are not our ways and often appear mysterious to us. But they don’t want their Church to be mysterious, like God, because they don’t think of it as an extension of God but as an extension of man.

In other words, they think of “mystery” as mere darkness or puzzlement. But in Catholic theology it’s a positive thing: hidden light, hidden wisdom.

Fundamentalists say that they emphasize “the Church invisible” more than “the Church visible” and accuse Catholics of overemphasizing the latter. Fundamentalists draw a sharp distinction between these two dimensions of the Church so that they can explain Scripture’s strong statements about the Church as applying only to “the Church invisible”(the number of saved souls, known to God) and not to the visible Church on earth.

Why? Because if they referred such statements to the visible Church, the claims of the Catholic Church to be that single, worldwide, visible Church stretching back in history to Christ, still forgiving sins and exercising teaching authority in His name — well, these claims would surely seem more likely to be true of the Catholic Church than of any other visible Church."

http://www.integratedcatholiclife.org/2013/08...
LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#474442 Sep 2, 2013
Cupbearer To The King
September 2, 2013 — by Randy Kilgore
Our Daily Bread Radio is hosted by Les LambornRead: Nehemiah 2:1-8
Why is your face sad?... What do you request?—Nehemiah 2:2,4
Bible in a Year:
Psalms 137-139; 1 Corinthians 13One of my favorite Bible passages that applies to work is Nehemiah 1–2. King Artaxerxes’ employee Nehemiah had been such an exemplary worker that the king wanted to honor him by helping him when he was sad that Jerusalem was still in ruins. He asked Nehemiah,“Why is your face sad?... What do you request?”(2:2,4). He wasn’t just any worker for the king, he was the cupbearer, the man who tasted the king’s drink to protect him from being poisoned. In order to have earned such a position, he apparently worked hard and honored God in everything he did. And the king granted his requests.

God cares about the way we work. Colossians 3:23 tells us,“Whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men.” We can follow Nehemiah’s example in these ways: Be such a competent and trusted worker that God is honored (Neh. 1:11–2:6). Care passionately about others and what’s important to them. Take action, occasionally even risky action, to honor what’s important to God and to fellow believers (2:3-6).

When we honor God in work, our employers may notice. But even if they don’t, our heart’s desire and purpose should be to honor the One we really serve—the Lord our God (Col. 3:17,23).

O Lord, may the way I serve tell Your story!I want to bring You all the glory in my work,at home, and everywhere I go. Fill me and useme to bless others and honor You today.God honors faith because faith honors God.
globalreport

AOL

#474443 Sep 2, 2013

ISRAEL's KNESSET shown ANTICHRIST's ID ---

http://youtu.be/2Ay5t2-mrB4

June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#474444 Sep 2, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
I ask you not to take this as a sign of disrespect, but I just don't have the time to make sense of your nonsense.
Of course you don't. You only have time to believe that a Jew salivates to save your Catholic butt!

Silly fool!
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#474445 Sep 2, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Ditto the last post.
You accuse me of distorting, then you try to distort theology into philosophy. You spout nonsense.
Theology IS a form of philosophy.

You believe your Catholic philosophers preached truth and all other religious philosophers preached lies.

You are a ridiculous human animal that messes with your own brain in the idea that you know truth and others are too dumb to catch on to your Catholic "wisdom."

Silly people make religion their play-things.
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#474447 Sep 2, 2013
To be fair ... we would have to believe that all theological philosophy was based on truth ... or none of it was based on truth.

Come-on ... out of your closets now and let's all get together in one big HURRAH ... that all theology is true ... because it was WRITTEN by men as truth.

You SEE ... that makes us equal, and isn't that WONDERFUL that we are equal?

:)
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#474448 Sep 2, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
Nonsense.
Are you suggesting that had Jesus lived, he would NOT have gone to a synagogue for prayer? Are you suggesting that he would NOT have been referred to as RABBONI by other faithful Jews?

It's not nice to LIE Robert F.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

rabboni

Definitions

noun

(Judaism) a respectful Jewish title or form of address (usually given to a rabbi) meaning master

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/e...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min nanoanomaly 987,411
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 9 min Mr Wiggley 31,574
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 1 hr Prophet Meowmed 39,264
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Prophet Meowmed 286,598
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Peter Ross 6,494
Trump: "Get that Son of a B- - - - off the fiel... 5 hr HFCS - What It Is 2
the REAL reasons O.J. Simpson beat murder charges 9 hr Doctor REALITY 31
More from around the web