Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658358 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Pad

Rockford, IL

#474377 Sep 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>sorry Ros, but Robert cant {fool] all of the people. I have known about his foolishness for several years.
God has given me the [gift] of discernment, and this gift has NEVER failed me.
No one can deny you that!
Pad

Rockford, IL

#474378 Sep 1, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Only Robert and God know ..he says,his focus is the Suffering on the Cross ..
You can fool all the people ..But not Our Lord
I have to leave,but I just wanted to say it was great praying with you,Seraphima and Nick.They are really quite a couple,they will make a big difference no matter wherever God places them in life.I love their spirit. RoEze,take care of yourself,and keep believing. Don't ever give up!
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#474379 Sep 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody is running from the title 'Roman Catholic'.
We are just clarifying why the adjective 'Roman' is placed before Catholic. You guys think its a separate Church. In fact, the title came from the Protestants to try and make it separate.
Roman is used to announce the rite being practiced by the diocese of Rome. Catholic Churches in America can rightfully refer to themselves as Roman Catholic if they are practicing the Roman rite. But its not a separate Church than the 22 other Catholic Churches.
The title Roman is not a big deal, except when fanatics try and use it out of context to imply its a separate Church in itself and the Whore of Babylon.
Really, that's just another example in a long line of ignorance and deception embrace by fundies.
So go ahead, Rose. I am a Roman Catholic. I went to Mass this mornin and participated in the Roman rite and liturgy. Although I do plan on attending St. John the Baptist Byzantine Catholic Mass one of these days. I highly doubt I will join that Church. But if I did, I wouldn't be Roman Catholic anymore.
In our day, much greater emphasis has been given to these "non-Roman" rites of the Catholic Church. The Second Vatican Council devoted a special document, Orientalium Ecclesiarum (Decree on Eastern Catholic Churches), to the Eastern rites which belong to the Catholic Church, and the new Catechism of the Catholic Church similarly gives considerable attention to the distinctive traditions and spirituality of these Eastern rites.

So the proper name for the universal Church is not the Roman Catholic Church. Far from it. That term caught on mostly in English-speaking countries; it was promoted mostly by Anglicans, supporters of the "branch theory" of the Church, namely, that the one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church of the creed was supposed to consist of three major branches, the Anglican, the Orthodox and the so-called Roman Catholic. It was to avoid that kind of interpretation that the English-speaking bishops at Vatican I succeeded in warning the Church away from ever using the term officially herself: It too easily could be misunderstood.

Today in an era of widespread dissent in the Church, and of equally widespread confusion regarding what authentic Catholic identity is supposed to consist of, many loyal Catholics have recently taken to using the term Roman Catholic in order to affirm their understanding that the Catholic Church of the Sunday creed is the same Church that is united with the Vicar of Christ in Rome, the Pope. This understanding of theirs is correct, but such Catholics should nevertheless beware of using the term, not only because of its dubious origins in Anglican circles intending to suggest that there just might be some other Catholic Church around somewhere besides the Roman one: but also because it often still is used today to suggest that the Roman Catholic Church is something other and lesser than the Catholic Church of the creed. It is commonly used by some dissenting theologians, for example, who appear to be attempting to categorize the Roman Catholic Church as just another contemporary "Christian denomination"--not the body that is identical with the one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church of the creed.

The proper name of the Church, then, is the Catholic Church. It is not ever called "the Christian Church," either. Although the prestigious Oxford University Press currently publishes a learned and rather useful reference book called "The Oxford Book of the Christian Church," the fact is that there has never been a major entity in history called by that name; the Oxford University Press has adopted a misnomer, for the Church of Christ has never been called the Christian Church.

http://www.ewtn.com/faith/teachings/churb3.ht...

Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#474380 Sep 1, 2013
A Rite represents an ecclesiastical, or church, tradition about how the sacraments are to be celebrated. Each of the sacraments has at its core an essential nature which must be satisfied for the sacrament to be confected or realized. This essence – of matter, form and intention – derives from the divinely revealed nature of the particular sacrament. It cannot be changed by the Church. Scripture and Sacred Tradition, as interpreted by the Magisterium, tells us what is essential in each of the sacraments (2 Thes. 2:15).

When the apostles brought the Gospel to the major cultural centers of their day the essential elements of religious practice were inculturated into those cultures. This means that the essential elements were clothed in the symbols and trappings of the particular people, so that the rituals conveyed the desired spiritual meaning to that culture. In this way the Church becomes all things to all men that some might be saved (1 Cor. 9:22).

There are three major groupings of Rites based on this initial transmission of the faith, the Roman, the Antiochian (Syria) and the Alexandrian (Egypt). Later on the Byzantine derived as a major Rite from the Antiochian, under the influence of St. Basil and St. John Chrysostom. From these four derive the over 20 liturgical Rites present in the Church today.

http://www.ewtn.com/expert/answers/catholic_r...
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#474381 Sep 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody is running from the title 'Roman Catholic'.
We are just clarifying why the adjective 'Roman' is placed before Catholic. You guys think its a separate Church. In fact, the title came from the Protestants to try and make it separate.
Roman is used to announce the rite being practiced by the diocese of Rome. Catholic Churches in America can rightfully refer to themselves as Roman Catholic if they are practicing the Roman rite. But its not a separate Church than the 22 other Catholic Churches.
The title Roman is not a big deal, except when fanatics try and use it out of context to imply its a separate Church in itself and the Whore of Babylon.
Really, that's just another example in a long line of ignorance and deception embrace by fundies.
So go ahead, Rose. I am a Roman Catholic. I went to Mass this mornin and participated in the Roman rite and liturgy. Although I do plan on attending St. John the Baptist Byzantine Catholic Mass one of these days. I highly doubt I will join that Church. But if I did, I wouldn't be Roman Catholic anymore.
Therein lies the difference. You define yourself by the church you attend and we define ourselves by the Savior we follow.
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#474382 Sep 1, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Dark night of the soul!! I haven't heard that for awhile.
I had a night like that myself, but God never leaves us does He .
His Gentle Spirit always pursues us right to the end.
I just kept praying, even if I felt I was praying to the ceiling.
LTM

The Lord tests in different ways. And in the case of faith, we often rely to much on our own understanding. Faith is the evidence of things unseen.

Often the Dark Night of the Soul may be short, or in some it can be a lifetime.

Peace
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#474383 Sep 1, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>But Preston,I see that he recently has returned to RCism,and claims to have a personal walk with the Lord.2009 is almost three years ago.I will confront him if he ever comes on here again,Isn't human being Robert F?
Why don't you give it a rest oh holiest of holy. I pray for Robert. He was originally a Protestant and converted to the church. Yes he has gone through deep struggles. Many Saints have also had moments of darkeness or lost their faith or way and sought out something different. Preston would likely have never accepted Paul bringing up his past. No such thing as new with that Loon who thinks he is an Apostle. Preston is a certified nutcase and he doesnt have any discernment. Get Real! LOL Everyone is a liar except him and his fantasties that he chats with God and gets revelations after he googles it. The guy is a gossip and a fraud and not worthy of acknowledgement to feed his Narcissism.

I hope Robert continues to seek and find the Lord and strengthens and grows in his faith and journey to do the will of the Father. I am not going to condemn him while he is finding his way to the Lord. I hope he finds peace and can be an instrument to serve God. Preston could turn antony Flew back into an atheist. God knows Roberts heart and you don't get to tell him what he believes nor do you know his personal struggle. He doesnt spend his time attacking Protestants like you all do the church. He has more patience than everyone on this board combined. You have your beliefs and I have mine. God will judge all in the end. Those who hear him will come and you wont get any converts beating your bibles over peoples heads. It takes conversation none of which has ever occured on these threads. You cant tell someone what they believe. You cant convert a Muslim spouting hate. You seem to like Bishop Sheen. Well read his piece on Mary and and the Muslims. Bishop Sheen was a great Orator loved by Many protestants as well. He had more followers than Rush Limbaugh could dream of.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#474384 Sep 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>yes, HB is Robert.
he posted on this other forum and june outed him ,on this Forum of ours.
Robert is very intelligent, I give him that, but he is very devious and says to You, what he thinks that you want to hear. and then will turn around and say to June what she wishes to hear.
I MUST go with what God has shown me, and I knew he was not what he said he is, and I have called him on this , several years ago.
while he was telling the catholics on this forum, that he was a catholic, he was on other forums saying that he is an atheist.
I guess that you missed CIB's(several weeks ago) post to Robert, when CIB mocked Roberts claim to be a catholic now.
Only the,Lord,knows where he is,coming from ..cowboy ..

I understand going from unbelief to belief ..nit sure,I understand going back and forth ..But it's,his soul ...yes?

I know,in my own life..fir a brief period I read about CAYCE .But I always,believed Jesus,Christ wad the Son of God .And the Savior.

Cache had an odd combination of Christianity mixed EITH his belief I reincarnation ..I only hot into it briefly as it didn't ring true ..But it was interesting ..he really believed he COUKD read past lives..And
That we kept coming back to MSKE US closer to the model Jesus set for us.

Those things can be seductive ..a friend who professes Jesus had this thin g fir that SYLVIA,BRoWN ..She was helping me one day ..had her on the TV ..I said nit in my house. And tried to explain ..THST even if a person was not a charlatan those angels they hear from supposedly are not good ones..honorary she doesn't listen to that garbage any more .

I know she believes ..But has a,lot of other issues ..finally she is seeking Christian counselling ..thank God

Later on when I turned my heart and soul to the Saviour and ACTUALKY Read the bible itself..I realized how foolish Cayce was ..or misguided .

We get this life and eternity ...
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#474385 Sep 1, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>If that is the case,than he sure is screwed up to say the least.But June,says in one post that Robert backslid into Catholicism,because he is afraid of losing his soul,and fears that he will not get into heaven to continue spouting atheism.
Robert needs to make himself clear,because a double-minded man is unstable in all his ways. So I challenge Robert F(Human Being) to set his own record straight.Is he troubled between two decisions?
Pad

Peace.

Yes I am Robert F.,

And I have set the record straight. But for some reason, Preston would prefer a crooked path. I understand why, but it is not for me to say. I prefer each to find out for themselves, as my opinion is of little value.

Myself, I have been on a journey of seeking God. And even in places where I think God is not, He is there.

I have been the Lost Sheep, and Jesus rescued me. Jesus Christ is my Redeemer, Lord, and Savior. There is nothing I can add, which would not complicate, and make crooked such a statement.

I shall not be at greater peace on this earth, though trials and tests await, as Jesus has given me peace.

Peace

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#474386 Sep 1, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you give it a rest oh holiest of holy. I pray for Robert. He was originally a Protestant and converted to the church. Yes he has gone through deep struggles. Many Saints have also had moments of darkeness or lost their faith or way and sought out something different. Preston would likely have never accepted Paul bringing up his past. No such thing as new with that Loon who thinks he is an Apostle. Preston is a certified nutcase and he doesnt have any discernment. Get Real! LOL Everyone is a liar except him and his fantasties that he chats with God and gets revelations after he googles it. The guy is a gossip and a fraud and not worthy of acknowledgement to feed his Narcissism.
I hope Robert continues to seek and find the Lord and strengthens and grows in his faith and journey to do the will of the Father. I am not going to condemn him while he is finding his way to the Lord. I hope he finds peace and can be an instrument to serve God. Preston could turn antony Flew back into an atheist. God knows Roberts heart and you don't get to tell him what he believes nor do you know his personal struggle. He doesnt spend his time attacking Protestants like you all do the church. He has more patience than everyone on this board combined. You have your beliefs and I have mine. God will judge all in the end. Those who hear him will come and you wont get any converts beating your bibles over peoples heads. It takes conversation none of which has ever occured on these threads. You cant tell someone what they believe. You cant convert a Muslim spouting hate. You seem to like Bishop Sheen. Well read his piece on Mary and and the Muslims. Bishop Sheen was a great Orator loved by Many protestants as well. He had more followers than Rush Limbaugh could dream of.
I like,Bishop Sheen ..he had a lot if common sense,as well as faith but wonder what Rush Limbaugh has to do with all this .

He's a smart man ..But not preacher.

I see Preston as a man of God ..

And just as its not our place to judge,Roberts faith ...
Same goes for Preston and his Faith .

See,dust..I can argue on points,..dogma..history..But Ibwoukd never think of judging what is between a,person and His,Saviour ..

I'm telling you ..there is a time coming..when despite our difference ..we may need others who believe in our Lord .

If you negate every one not Catholic ..You ate limiting your allies .

Just a thought ..
this

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#474387 Sep 1, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Therein lies the difference. You define yourself by the church you attend and we define ourselves by the Savior we follow.
Very true ..the,Church I attend did not die on the Cross for me ..neither did the apostles ..though some were martyred for the LORD .

ONLY JESUS was perfect ..only HE was the sacrifice whose blood washes us ..

I can change the Church I attend ..I can attend several or none..I cannot change my Saviour..

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#474388 Sep 1, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Your church was founded by......CONSTANTINE!!!!! The perversion you call the Catholic church was in fact a mixture of every pagan belief in the Roman Empire combined with true Christianity and the end result is what YOU call the Roman Catholic church. Satan founder your church not the Lord Jesus Christ.
Brilliant deduction old man! He was not satan though....but Constantine was a brilliant strategist and manipulator. I loved his "revelation" about the cross in the sun...how cunning...and such perfect timing. And then how his mother went to Jerusalem and miraculously found the crucifixion site of Jesus. Of course, anyone who denied that as fact would be murdered as a heretic...
You know what else amazes me? "Mark", the first accepted gospel, says "Jesus of Nazareth"...but the village of "Nazareth" didn't even exist until nearly 40 years after his death!
Whoever authored "Mark" could not have even been a contemporary of Jesus, or never even been in the area, or he would have known that.
And why do christians' always end their prayers with the Egyptian god of life and reproduction's name? It means "the utterance of Amen /Amon". Surely, they would use a different reference...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#474389 Sep 1, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I have to leave,but I just wanted to say it was great praying with you,Seraphima and Nick.They are really quite a couple,they will make a big difference no matter wherever God places them in life.I love their spirit. RoEze,take care of yourself,and keep believing. Don't ever give up!
Was great praying with you three also ..I agree those two have some
Thing special between them THST has kept them going in adversity ..And to offer us here .

I found this in my reading and saw it with New understanding ..praise God ...for His,Holy Spirit

John 5:24-30
New International Version (NIV)
24 “Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life. 25 Very truly I tell you, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live. 26 For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself. 27 And he has given him authority to judge because he is the Son of Man.
28 “Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice 29 and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned. 30 By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.

Peace Dan ..see you soon ..God bless you

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#474390 Sep 1, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
Question: If Christ the Lord of Glory honor your home and come to your home for dinner,what would you serve Him?
Soul food?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#474391 Sep 1, 2013
The Roman Catholic way..........

1324-1384, John Wycliffe, country-England,
church-Lollards

Wycliffe against the doctrine of transubstantiation and the auricular confession, and translated the Bible into English. Forty one years after his natural death, his body was dug up and burned as a heretic and the ashes were thrown into the Swift river.

1415-1416, John Huss, country-Czech Republic, church-Waldenses

He criticized the Roman view of the sacraments, rejected prayers to the saints, indulgences, purgatory, worldly pomp for the church, prayers for the dead. He was burned at the stake in 1415 and his ashes thrown into the Rhine river.

1484-1529, Ulrich Zwingli, country-Switzerland, church-Anabaptists

Denounced the sale of indulgences. Religious relics were burned, removed icons, ceremonial processions and adoration of saints were abolished, priests and monks were released from their vows of celibacy, and the Mass was replaced by a simpler communion service. Characterized generally by believers' baptism, refusal of infant baptism, an emphasis on piety and good works, an aversion to the state-run churches. Executed in 1529 and his body burned and scattered.

Almericus, Martyr for Christ: In the third century a learned man, named Almericus, and six of his disciples, were ordered to be burnt at the stake in Paris for asserting that God was no more present in the sacramental bread than in any other bread; that it was idolatry to build altars or shrines to saints and that it was ridiculous to offer incense to them.

Jean Vallière, Martyr for Christ
The first Protestant martyr in France, was burned at the stake in August of 1523 in Paris.

John Clark, Martyr for Christ
In 1524, in Melden France, John Clark set up a bill on the church door, in which he called the pope the AntiChrist. For this he was repeatedly whipped, and then branded on the forehead. Later he went to Mentz, where he demolished some images, for which he had his right hand and nose cut off, and his arms and breast torn with pincers. He sustained these cruelties with amazing fortitude, and was even sufficiently bold to sing the One hundredth and fifteenth Psalm, which expressly forbids idolatry. After this he was thrown into the fire, and burnt to ashes.

A Baby (One minute old), Martyr for Christ: A baby was stabbed to death right after it was born. The mother was a Protestant killed in childbirth during the St. Bartholomew's Day Massacre. This baby was born alive and immediately stabbed to death. As they entered the new world, the church would baptize the babies before throwing them to wild dogs.

Romanus, Martyr for Christ: Romanus, a native of Palestine, was a deacon of the church of Caesarea at the time of the commencement of Diocletian's persecution. He was condemned for his faith at Antioch. As punishment, he was scourged, put to the rack, his body torn with hooks, flesh cut with knives, face scarred, teeth beaten from their sockets, and his hair plucked up by the roots. Soon after, he was ordered to be strangled, November 17, A.D. 303.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#474392 Sep 1, 2013
OldJG wrote:
church-Lollards
Wycliffe against the doctrine of transubstantiation and the auricular confession, and translated the Bible into English. Forty one years after his natural death, his body was dug up and burned as a heretic and the ashes were thrown into the Swift river.
He criticized the Roman view of the sacraments, rejected prayers to the saints, indulgences, purgatory, worldly pomp for the church, prayers for the dead. He was burned at the stake in 1415 and his ashes thrown into the Rhine river.
Denounced the sale of indulgences. Religious relics were burned, removed icons, ceremonial processions and adoration of saints were abolished, priests and monks were released from their vows of celibacy, and the Mass was replaced by a simpler communion service. Characterized generally by believers' baptism, refusal of infant baptism, an emphasis on piety and good works, an aversion to the state-run churches. Executed in 1529 and his body burned and scattered.
Almericus, Martyr for Christ: In the third century a learned man, named Almericus, and six of his disciples, were ordered to be burnt at the stake in Paris for asserting that God was no more present in the sacramental bread than in any other bread; that it was idolatry to build altars or shrines to saints and that it was ridiculous to offer incense to them.
The first Protestant martyr in France, was burned at the stake in August of 1523 in Paris.
In 1524, in Melden France, John Clark set up a bill on the church door, in which he called the pope the AntiChrist. For this he was repeatedly whipped, and then branded on the forehead. Later he went to Mentz, where he demolished some images, for which he had his right hand and nose cut off, and his arms and breast torn with pincers. He sustained these cruelties with amazing fortitude, and was even sufficiently bold to sing the One hundredth and fifteenth Psalm, which expressly forbids idolatry. After this he was thrown into the fire, and burnt to ashes.
A Baby (One minute old), Martyr for Christ: A baby was stabbed to death right after it was born. The mother was a Protestant killed in childbirth during the St. Bartholomew's Day Massacre. This baby was born alive and immediately stabbed to death. As they entered the new world, the church would baptize the babies before throwing them to wild dogs.
Romanus, Martyr for Christ: Romanus, a native of Palestine, was a deacon of the church of Caesarea at the time of the commencement of Diocletian's persecution. He was condemned for his faith at Antioch. As punishment, he was scourged, put to the rack, his body torn with hooks, flesh cut with knives, face scarred, teeth beaten from their sockets, and his hair plucked up by the roots. Soon after, he was ordered to be strangled, November 17, A.D. 303.
The belief in Christ expressed outside the,RCC dates,way before Luther
http://m.youtube.com/watch...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#474393 Sep 1, 2013
OldJG wrote:
church-Lollards
That last was a video ..very informative ..

This is a timeline..I'm sure they w would call them.protestants,..however their history goes back to the FIRST DISCIPLES!!!!

http://www.waldensiantrailoffaith.org/history...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#474394 Sep 1, 2013
Known as "people of the Book," scripture is what embodied the faith of the Waldensians — they lived by it and died for it. They were tortured, exiled and martyred, and still the faith that drove them from the Alpine Valleys of Italy to the foothills of North Carolina survived. The Trail of Faith is their story — each exhibit bearing witness to the journey that led them, from the time of the apostles, one continent to another in search of religious freedom and a future for their families.
The Waldenses believed the Bible was open to interpretation by everyone and they took seriously the commission to share the message into all the world. For centuries, they sought to serve God, sharing his love and spreading his Word. A peaceful people, they often found themselves at war as they sought to be true to their faith. They worshiped in secrecy for fear of being captured and killed, memorizing Scripture in preparation of their Bibles being burned. More than once, rulers thought them eradicated, but time after time, there arose a remnant to carry on.
A WALK THROUGH WALDENSIAN HISTORY:
c58 - 59 A.D.
Apostles of Christ plant seeds of Christianity in the Waldensian Valleys as they travel across the Cottian Alps into Gaul (France) and other parts of Europe.
839 A.D.
Claudius, Bishop of Turin, is burned at the stake for passionate protests against the Medieval church. In 1805, when Napoleon asks the Moderator of the Waldensian Church,“How long is it since you became an independent church?”— his reply is:“Since the time of Claudius, Bishop of Turin.”
An ancient Confession of Faith of the Waldensians predates Calvin, Luther, and Peter Waldo.
Waldensians escape persecutions in France by fleeing to the Valleys of the Piedmont, and find there like-minded brethren, with whom they enjoy a mutual edification of faith.
Peter Waldo, wealthy merchant of Lyon (France), experiences a spiritual epiphany, divests himself of his wealth — using some to have a few passages of scripture translated from Latin to French. He then takes up the cause of evangelism. He and his followers call themselves “the Poor in Spirit,” but soon become known as “the Poor of Lyon.”
1180's
When Waldo and his followers ignore repeated warnings by the Archbishop of Lyon to stop preaching, their punishment is excommunication and exile. Waldo finds sanctuary among like-minded believers in the Waldensian Valleys of Italy, who buy into his zeal for evangelism and accept him as their leader.
The Poor of Lyon and the Poor Lombards of Northern Italy join forces at Bergamo, gaining greater solidarity for the Waldensian Movement and a stronger organizational framework evangelizing. Ultimately, the School of the Barbas is established to better serve that apostolic mission.
Cataneo’s War against the Waldensians, ignited by Pope Innocent VII’s declaration that “whoever kills a Waldensian will have pardon for his sins and the right to keep any property taken from his victim.”
1487 - 1689
The Waldenses fight 33 wars to defend their faith.
Waldenses join the Reformation at Chanforan and commission Olivetan to translate the Bible into French as their gift to the Reformation.
June 3, 1535
Olivetan’s French Bible is printed at Neuchatel, Switzerland.
Waldensians obtain permission to build their first churches.
The first Waldensian Synod (General Assembly) is held.
The Treaty of Cavour grants Waldensians tolerance of their faith. Though often broken, this treaty signifies that, for the first time, a religious group has earned the right to have a religion different from their ruler.
Charles Emmanuel II, Duke of Savoy, orders removal of the Waldensians from the Piedmont and “reduction of their numbers” to fit the confines of their ancient territorial boundaries in the Valleys.
April 17, 1655

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#474395 Sep 1, 2013
OldJG wrote:
church-Lollards
The other is a video ..this is a timeline ..going back to
the original disciples

http://www.waldensiantrailoffaith.org/history...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#474396 Sep 1, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
if you don't give me what I want, I'll go elsewhere'.
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS SYSTEM DID JUST WHAT YOU ARE CLAIMING CENTURIES AGO..
IT POLLUTED CHRISTIANITY WITH FABLES,
ADDED INVENTIONS FROM THE FIGMENTS OF MANS IMAGINATION,
CONJURED UP CONJECTURE ...CREATED A RELIGION WITH ADMIXTURES OF PAGAN
PRACTICES AND ATTEMPTED TO BURY THE WORD OF GOD UNDER A MOUNTAIN OF
PIOUS PLATITUDES..
The simple message given to receive Christ is ..
JESUS SAID..
Mar_16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Joh_3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Joh_3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Joh_3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
Joh_5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you,
He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me,
hath everlasting life, and
shall not come into condemnation;
but
is passed from death unto life.
___
Act_16:31 And they said,
-->--> Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved,
and thy house. <--<--
Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
all the rest of THAT WHICH THE ROMAN CHURCH TEACHES AND PRACTICES AS MENTIONED ABOVE are
nothing but cosmetic....
that adds nothing but confusion of face..
IT IS ONLY RELIGIOUS CALISTHENICS.
~~~

As apposed to walking by the leadership of the Holy Spirit..

ROMAN CATHOLICS WALK IN THE VANITY OF THEIR MINDS

Eph 4:17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,

Eph 4:18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

Eph 4:19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.

CONTINUED

Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 16 min Trouser Cough 2,972
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 28 min Thinking 282,863
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 35 min PELE78 70,032
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 42 min Internet Reality 45,563
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Robin 974,606
Franke Servis Sefakoy O2I2 299 I5 34 FRANKE Se... 1 hr wsrfirma 1
FRANKE Servis buyukcekmece O2I2 299 I5 34 Fran... 2 hr wsrfirma 1
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 2 hr gundee123 4,930
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 10 hr Jersey97boy 86
More from around the web