Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 545,050
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#474055 Aug 30, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's been a Church (Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church) for over 2000 years....... Your "ridiculous nonsensical editorialized opinions of (rif-raf) have "ZERO" credibility, with ANY of us Catholics on this forum, including the 1.4 billion Catholics around the world who "know the TRUTH"!!! Go tell your "fictitious nonsense" to the National Inquirer! They "thrive" on printing lies that distort the TRUTH!!
It never was a Church...it is not a Church...it never will be a Church...Christians know it is not a Church...it is a denomination...plus it cannot be Holy in that it is run by the Pedophile Cadre...

Your father is well pleased with you labeling the Truth in the English dictionary, the Sacred Word of God, the Catholic encyclopeepee, the SBC teaching, as ridiculous nonsensical editorialized opinions of (rif-raf) "fictitious nonsense".

denomnation: A large group of religious congregations united under a common faith and name and organized under a single administrative and legal hierarchy.

The Roman Catholic church is a denomination of the Christian faith. Christ built not any...none...zilich denominations...He built His church.

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

church: ekklesia, a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly, church.

Therefore...any....bar none...Christian congregation or an assembly of, is the church Christ built.

The NABre poop arroved Catlick bible: Church: this word (Greek ekkl&#275;sia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesusí church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

Therefore...any....bar none...Christian congregation or an assembly of, is the church Christ built

The SBC teaches:
A New Testament church of the Lord Jesus Christ is an autonomous local congregation of baptized believers, associated by covenant in the faith and fellowship of the gospel; observing the two ordinances of Christ, governed by His laws, exercising the gifts, rights, and privileges invested in them by His Word, and seeking to extend the gospel to the ends of the earth. Each congregation operates under the Lordship of Christ through democratic processes. In such a congregation each member is responsible and accountable to Christ as Lord. Its scriptural officers are pastors and deacons. While both men and women are gifted for service in the church, the office of pastor is limited to men as qualified by Scripture.

The New Testament speaks also of the church as the Body of Christ which includes all of the redeemed of all the ages, believers from every tribe, and tongue, and people, and nation.

Therefore...any....bar none...Christian congregation or an assembly of, is the church Christ built

The catlick encyclopdia: church: The term church is the name employed in the Teutonic languages to render the Greek ekklesia (ecclesia), the term by which the New Testament writers denote the society founded by Jesus Christ....

Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#474056 Aug 30, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
When it talks about world religious systems.. Want a book , chapter , and verse again?
That's as much a stretch as gif saying Revelation applies. Historically the only Church that existed after Jesus ascended is the Catholic Church....or do you have something outside the bible recording the protestant fundamentalist community?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#474057 Aug 30, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't even broke the surface of the Bible. The deeper you go, Catholicism is revealed.
In fact, if the fundies would realize for once, how the Bible came to fruition, it would be impossible to avoid how the authority of the Church compiled it.
That's a huge problem for Evangelicals. The Catholic Church gave us the Bible. It ain't yours Chucky. You have no right telling anyone what sacred scripture says.
We've been through a hundred times but here goes:
Can't find Mary being sinless
Can't find transubstantiation
Can't find any record of an infant being baptized
Can't find praying the rosary
Can't find any priests in the NT unless you call them Christians as the bible does

*does this break the surface or shall I keep going?

you said six years back as a catholic...you're are just a lost pup.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#474058 Aug 30, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "And one more thing, NOT EVERYTHING IS IN HOLY SCRIPTURE.
We read in Did Jesus give tradition the same validity and authority He gave the written word of God? If not, why not?
Star C is correct!! Not everything is in Holy Scripture! Where is the word Trinity, or the Apostles Creed or where is the word Bible or the words Bible only or Sola Scriptura, the sign of the Cross, the Nicene Creed, the Seven Sacraments,!!!!---NOWHERE----- -----just to name a few of the oral teachings from the Apostles)......Paul commands us in 2 Thess 2:15 to "Hold fast to the TRADITIONS (the unwritten oral teachings) which were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter. EVERYONE of the following bible verses refer to the oral teachings of the Apostles: 1 Cor 11:23, I Cor 15:3. 2 Tim 1:11-14, 2 Tim 2:1-2, Jude 1:3 The fact is that Paul in I Timothy 3:15 calls THE CHURCH (not the bible , the pinnacle, pillar and foundation of the TRUTH..... Paul also said that "when there is a disagreement among the Brethren,(TAKE IT TO THE CHURCH) "not the bible!! NEVER ONCE did Jesus, Paul, Peter or ANY Apostles refer to the bible as the only source of truth for Christians. You "fundies" have (made this up) just like you do with everything else in "editorializing the truth of the bible and "self opinionizing" what the bible says and teaches. The TRUTH of the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible came over 1500 years ago from the Early Church Fathers who formed the Canon of Scripture in 382,393 and 397 AD, giving ALL of us the bible, which you "fundies" mis-interpret to your own demise and destruction !!!
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#474059 Aug 30, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
<>
No, actually the Roman Catholic church believes in oral tradition so they can re-create the Gospel to fit their theology. Oral tradition is much like a verbal contract. Is it fair to say most people purchase their home by a verbal contract or do they purchase their home by a written contract? If you purchased your home with funds from a lending institution you did so by written contract. Why was your contract with the lending institution written and not oral? Could it be oral contracts are based on how the contract is remembered by each party whereas written is proof of how the contract truly was established between the parties. Black print on white paper. Not guess work by recollection.
Finally, in the Bible Jesus says many times, "it is written". Jesus uses the written word of God as proof positive to defend His position not oral remarks from a third party. Can you provide proof of any kind, from anyplace or anyone that would suggest Jesus ever said, "it is tradition". Did Jesus give tradition the same validity and authority He gave the written word of God? If not, why not?
<quoted text>
AnthonyMN, thank you for your senseless rantings. Your response is further proof of your Biblical ignorance.
I said, quote "Is it fair to say most people purchase their home by a verbal contract or do they purchase their home by a written contract?" End quote.
Your response, quote, "The word was preached verbally for over 10 years before a single letter of the NT was penned." End quote.
10 years? Can you provide proof of this time frame or is this another "tradition" of the Roman Catholics?
I said, quote, "Why was your contract with the lending institution written and not oral?" End quote.
Your response, quote, "Jesus is the Word. Jesus preached...orally..., He didn't hand out bibles/contracts." End quote.
Really? Thank you. Wow, what a revelation!! Why didn't the Word of God continue from strictly a "oral" basis? Why was it written down?
I said, quote, "Black print on white paper. Not guess work by recollection." End quote.
Your response, quote, "Again, 10 years before a single letter of the NT. And the gospels were written about 30 years later. The gospel was preached orally. No guess work involved." End quote.
Again, why was the Gospel written down and not just "preached orally" for all perpetuity?
I said, quote, "Did Jesus give tradition the same validity and authority He gave the written word of God?" End quote.
Your response, quote, "Yes. Hanukkah isn't mentioned in the Hebrew bible, but Jesus celebrated it nonetheless, it was Jewish Tradition." End quote.
Thank you AnthonyMN. You are living proof.
Pretty much a non-response here Old. Jesus accepted religious Tradition that isn't in your bible....I mean that was your point right?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#474060 Aug 30, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. I thank the Lord I'm not a fanatic.
Me too.

:o)

Albuquerque, NM

#474061 Aug 30, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't find any priests in the NT unless you call them Christians as the bible does
You forgot another one:

Can't find where "God" specifically states which texts are inspired and which are not.

An important one.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#474062 Aug 30, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Many of your fundamentalist protestant traditions aren't in the bible either, in fact there's no record of them for at least 1600 years after the fact, and since we're not sola sciptura while you are, the issue is becomes much more problematic for you.

Albuquerque, NM

#474063 Aug 30, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Many of your fundamentalist protestant traditions aren't in the bible either, in fact there's no record of them for at least 1600 years after the fact, and since we're not sola sciptura while you are, the issue is becomes much more problematic for you.
Okay Anthony, just so I understand your logic here.

Many of the "Catholic" oral traditions aren't in the Bible, but are followed as "true".

Whereas, there are probably just as many Protestant assertions not in the Bible either, but they can't follow them, unless they follow them as heretics?

Is that what you are trying to say?
samyaza ancient one

Alice, TX

#474064 Aug 30, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
What were the questions you had that you couldn't find "in the Bible"?
Since you appear to have "found your path" can you answer this question for me?
"Where does 'God' specifically state which texts in or or of the Bible are inspired?"
Thanks!
the questions were about the watchers (Samyaza, Lilith, and others) who came and manifested themselves as humans and created their offspring the Nephilims (part Angel, part Human). he got angry and said it was all Jewish folklore, and I shouldn't read the book of Enoch, and Jubilees that describe the watchers and the Nephilim and the so-called magic , and sorcery. I personally don't believe in magic, and sorcery. since the writers of the book of Enoch never seen electrical, and mechanical technology they called it magic, and sorcery.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#474065 Aug 30, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Um...we don't need traditions..we have Christ

Repentance and faith in Christ. All us folk only care about the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

samyaza ancient one

Alice, TX

#474066 Aug 30, 2013
everything we have in this modern time is in the book of Enoch. electrical and mechanical technology,(what they called Magic and sorcery), make-up for women, fabrication of mirrors, etc.
samyaza ancient one

Alice, TX

#474067 Aug 30, 2013
seems like history is repeating itself. like we are all doomed to relive the lives we had back before the great deluge.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#474068 Aug 30, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I've acknowledged that I'm a lost sinner who deserves Hell. I have repented of my sins. I have acknowledged Christ is my only hope for eternal and have put my faith in Him. I have been baptized.

I'm not apart of a world religious system.

You say problematic for me??? I have an eye problem with that Tony...I don't see it.
samyaza ancient one

Alice, TX

#474069 Aug 30, 2013
they also taught mankind to make instruments of Death. swords, knives, spears , sparkling swords (rifles), glimmering knives (pistols), etc. Are we reliving the same lives we had before the great deluge ?
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#474070 Aug 30, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
It never was a Church...it is not a Church...it never will be a Church...Christians know it is not a Church...it is a denomination...plus it cannot be Holy in that it is run by the Pedophile Cadre...
Your father is well pleased with you labeling the Truth in the English dictionary, the Sacred Word of God, the Catholic encyclopeepee, the SBC teaching, as ridiculous nonsensical editorialized opinions of (rif-raf) "fictitious nonsense".
denomnation: A large group of religious congregations united under a common faith and name and organized under a single administrative and legal hierarchy.
The Roman Catholic church is a denomination of the Christian faith. Christ built not any...none...zilich denominations...He built His church.
And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
church: ekklesia, a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly, church.
Therefore...any....bar none...Christian congregation or an assembly of, is the church Christ built.
The NABre poop arroved Catlick bible: Church: this word (Greek ekkl&#275;sia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesusí church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.
A New Testament church of the Lord Jesus Christ is an autonomous local congregation of baptized believers, associated by covenant in the faith and fellowship of the gospel; observing the two ordinances of Christ, governed by His laws, exercising the gifts, rights, and privileges invested in them by His Word, and seeking to extend the gospel to the ends of the earth. Each congregation operates under the Lordship of Christ through democratic processes. In such a congregation each member is responsible and accountable to Christ as Lord. Its scriptural officers are pastors and deacons. While both men and women are gifted for service in the church, the office of pastor is limited to men as qualified by Scripture.
The New Testament speaks also of the church as the Body of Christ which includes all of the redeemed of all the ages, believers from
The catlick encyclopdia: church: The term church is the name employed in the Teutonic languages to render the Greek ekklesia (ecclesia), the term by which the New Testament writers denote the society founded by Jesus Christ....
As usual OX you "continue to have absolutely (NO IDEA) as to what you are talking about. This repeating the same old (bible only--"make it up as you go" distorted anti-catholic opinionated) lies---- have corrupted your mind, heart and soul!!!
EVERYONE of the Catholics on this forum (including even some Protestants) ALL KNOW THE TRUTH, and that TRUTH is from over 2000 years of the (historically and biblically) PROVEN and VERIFIABLE TRUTH regarding Jesus Christs ONE TRUE APOSTOLIC CATHOLIC CHURCH that Jesus HIMSELF formed, inititated and established in Matthew 16:13-21.
Like I said before: Go tell your anti-catholic (twisting) of the historical and biblical truth (lies) to some other "hatefilled" anti-catholic like yourself, who thrives on "manipulation" of the TRUTH of the Bible and HISTORICAL FACTS. Then (fist) get some "psychological help for the "bondage of lies" that you are living in: deliverance second: and confession third. You Ox keep deceiving, and lying to yourself as you attempt to deceive and lie to others!!!! NO ONE BELIEVES YOU!!
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#474071 Aug 30, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I've acknowledged that I'm a lost sinner who deserves Hell. I have repented of my sins. I have acknowledged Christ is my only hope for eternal and have put my faith in Him. I have been baptized.
I'm not apart of a world religious system.
You say problematic for me??? I have an eye problem with that Tony...I don't see it.
As has every faithful Catholic.

Not sure what you mean by a "world religious system", but Christ founded a visible Church, not some invisible community connected by a common belief in the bible alone. The problematic part is you folks say you're bible alone yet practice things as part of your religious life that aren't biblical then turn around and accuse Catholics of doing unbiblical stuff when we don't even claim to be bible alone.
samyaza ancient one

Alice, TX

#474072 Aug 30, 2013
more then likely we will die of a great deluge made of fire this time. we already died in the great water deluge. history is always repeating itself. some see it. others write it off as deja-vu , but for me it's too vivid.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#474073 Aug 30, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Um...we don't need traditions..we have Christ
Repentance and faith in Christ. All us folk only care about the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Yes, we agree it's all about Christ. Why then do you have your protestant traditions? I would think you'd at least admit that you're ok with your traditions but just have a problem with Catholic traditions.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#474074 Aug 30, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
As has every faithful Catholic.
Not sure what you mean by a "world religious system", but Christ founded a visible Church, not some invisible community connected by a common belief in the bible alone. The problematic part is you folks say you're bible alone yet practice things as part of your religious life that aren't biblical then turn around and accuse Catholics of doing unbiblical stuff when we don't even claim to be bible alone.
we've beat this horse hundreds of times Tony and it ain't got nothing to do with mom and dad's faith.

You said the problematic part is you folks say you're bible alone yet practice things as part of your religious life that aren't biblical

Please name them?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 6 min Mandela 36,919
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 17 min Dally Mama 228,554
Any girls wanna sex Skype? (Jan '13) 23 min ash666 28
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 26 min Wordsworth 4,596
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 38 min Dally Mama 743,635
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 51 min MUQ1 260,188
Cooking club 1 hr martinmt 3
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr mdbuilder 174,202
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr mike 601,413
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 8 hr Sexy bottom 975