Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 627013 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Clay

United States

#474099 Aug 30, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Pad's obviously very perturbed about something tonight.
I honestly think it gets tough for them to continue believing those lies.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#474100 Aug 30, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not smug, I simply know that evangelical fundamentalism as it's known today has zero historical proofs. It did not exist. Period. Anyone who was Christian was in the Church. The only Church that existed was the Catholic Church. I invite you Dan to show me historical proof that I'm wrong.
AGAIN YOU EXERCISE YOU CARNAL MIND TO ATTEMPT TO EXPLAIN SPIRITUAL THINGS

Evangelical Christianity was first set forth in God's plan of

salvation, before the worlds were framed....

When Jesus was baptized...in water ... The Holy Ghost descended upon Him,

and THE HEAVENLY FATHER (SPOKE FROM HEAVEN) AND AUTHENTICATED HIM AS

HIS SON...

AFTER HIS EXPERIENCE IN THE WILDERNESS

JESUS BEGAN HIS EVANGELISTIC MINISTRY......IN FULFILLMENT OF THE SCRIPT

OF GOD'S PLAN OF REDEMPTION FOUND EMBEDDED IN THE OLD TESTAMENT...

THE LAST WORD OF JESUS IN THE BOOK OF MATHEW ...

JESUS OWN WORDS

ARE/WERE...EVANGELICAL.

HE SAID

Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

THE POWER OF THE HOLY GHOST GIVEN TO THE CHURCH WAS/IS TO ACCOMPLISH EVANGELISM ..TO WITNESS AND EVANGELIZE THE EARTH..

EVANGELISM IS TO SEEK AND TO SAVE THE LOST...

WHICH WAS JESUS DIVINE PURPOSE...

YOU PROSTITUTE HIS PURPOSE BY MISREPRESENTATION OF GOD' DIVINE PURPOSE

HE SAID

Luk_19:10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

JESUS SAID...

Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Act 1:9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

Pad

Rockford, IL

#474101 Aug 30, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
SPEAKING OF FULTON..SHEEN....he was very savvy ..someone obviously renamed this video ..But he was way ahead
Of his time
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch...
I went to that cite,and there are many of his sermons and so on.I listened to "the Meaning of the Mass",3 on God is Dead(Death of God),and 3 on the Stranger within,one on What is man.There is no doubt whatsoever that Bishop Sheen was a brilliant orator,and teacher.The Catholic Church could definitely gain from his being in their midst once again,but he is now with his Lord,whom he served.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#474102 Aug 30, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
AGAIN YOU EXERCISE YOU CARNAL MIND TO ATTEMPT TO EXPLAIN SPIRITUAL THINGS
Evangelical Christianity was first set forth in God's plan of
salvation, before the worlds were framed....
When Jesus was baptized...in water ... The Holy Ghost descended upon Him,
and THE HEAVENLY FATHER (SPOKE FROM HEAVEN) AND AUTHENTICATED HIM AS
HIS SON...
AFTER HIS EXPERIENCE IN THE WILDERNESS
JESUS BEGAN HIS EVANGELISTIC MINISTRY......IN FULFILLMENT OF THE SCRIPT
OF GOD'S PLAN OF REDEMPTION FOUND EMBEDDED IN THE OLD TESTAMENT...
THE LAST WORD OF JESUS IN THE BOOK OF MATHEW ...
JESUS OWN WORDS
ARE/WERE...EVANGELICAL.
HE SAID
Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
THE POWER OF THE HOLY GHOST GIVEN TO THE CHURCH WAS/IS TO ACCOMPLISH EVANGELISM ..TO WITNESS AND EVANGELIZE THE EARTH..
EVANGELISM IS TO SEEK AND TO SAVE THE LOST...
WHICH WAS JESUS DIVINE PURPOSE...
YOU PROSTITUTE HIS PURPOSE BY MISREPRESENTATION OF GOD' DIVINE PURPOSE
HE SAID
Luk_19:10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.
JESUS SAID...
Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
Act 1:9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
Except you have no calling to evangelize since your "evangelization" relies on lies and false witness. No man of God needs to lie about the faith of others just to prop up their own faith, but your whole schtick is based on that.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#474103 Aug 30, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not smug, I simply know that evangelical fundamentalism as it's known today has zero historical proofs. It did not exist. Period. Anyone who was Christian was in the Church. The only Church that existed was the Catholic Church. I invite you Dan to show me historical proof that I'm wrong.
The Catholic Church ruled the body of Christ for centuries.Constantine brought about a political monarchy as it were to the Christian movement.We all know that the first 2 centuries Christians were hunted,and killed in large numbers.The Roman arenas killed many,Christians were martyred all through the Middle East and Europe.The Evangelical tenets of faith,personal relationship with Christ,the teachings by the Apostles,Communion were all present in the Christian experience.You speak as though what is clearly in Scripture as Evangelical in practice and teaching never existed until the Reformation.THAT is baloney!

The history that you Catholics want to hide or make small talk about is the Inquisition,which lasted 6 centuries.Once the church took on monarchial political strength it became a persecutor of those who did not believe the way they did.Much of Christianity at that time was mixed with pagan beliefs,because Constantine was a pagan with a Christian bent.That is history.

It is easy to hide behind the cloak of 1200+years of saying the Catholic church ruled all of Europe and parts of the Middle East,but the truth is those also were the Dark Ages,because the light of what true evangelization is,did not exist in the RCC of that period,and all of history records it.I do not care for certain Reformers any more than perhaps you do,but that Church system of Roman Catholicism was dealt a death blow that it deserved.So you have resurrected big deal,now you have a similar evangelical face like the rest of us,we can allget together and praise Jesus together,but underneath it all your church despises us,and seeks once again to be the only one.It probably will be allowed to rule over what ever Christianity exists,but when it finally faces Christ,Judgment will be applied.

You cannot denounce constantly the work of the Holy Spirit in people's lives and come out being the Numero Uno church.You may be one of many who are believers,but you are not to ever rule over us all,God forbid!
Pad

Rockford, IL

#474104 Aug 30, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay do you or do you not believe that Jesus Christ comes into people's lives saves,changes them and fills them with His Spirit?

Answer it without all of your Church rhetoric please!
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#474105 Aug 30, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>The Catholic Church ruled the body of Christ for centuries.Constantine brought about a political monarchy as it were to the Christian movement.We all know that the first 2 centuries Christians were hunted,and killed in large numbers.The Roman arenas killed many,Christians were martyred all through the Middle East and Europe.The Evangelical tenets of faith,personal relationship with Christ,the teachings by the Apostles,Communion were all present in the Christian experience.You speak as though what is clearly in Scripture as Evangelical in practice and teaching never existed until the Reformation.THAT is baloney!
The history that you Catholics want to hide or make small talk about is the Inquisition,which lasted 6 centuries.Once the church took on monarchial political strength it became a persecutor of those who did not believe the way they did.Much of Christianity at that time was mixed with pagan beliefs,because Constantine was a pagan with a Christian bent.That is history.
It is easy to hide behind the cloak of 1200+years of saying the Catholic church ruled all of Europe and parts of the Middle East,but the truth is those also were the Dark Ages,because the light of what true evangelization is,did not exist in the RCC of that period,and all of history records it.I do not care for certain Reformers any more than perhaps you do,but that Church system of Roman Catholicism was dealt a death blow that it deserved.So you have resurrected big deal,now you have a similar evangelical face like the rest of us,we can allget together and praise Jesus together,but underneath it all your church despises us,and seeks once again to be the only one.It probably will be allowed to rule over what ever Christianity exists,but when it finally faces Christ,Judgment will be applied.
You cannot denounce constantly the work of the Holy Spirit in people's lives and come out being the Numero Uno church.You may be one of many who are believers,but you are not to ever rule over us all,God forbid!
Again, lots of fluff, no substance. Your "history" is filled with falsehoods and exaggerations. Dark ages? Any idea WHY those ages were dark? I'm sorry Dan, but I asked for some evidence that protestant evangelicalism existed before the reformation. Where is it?
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#474106 Aug 30, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text> Clay do you or do you not believe that Jesus Christ comes into people's lives saves,changes them and fills them with His Spirit?
He does, but it's not Him speaking through protestants on this board who feel the need to lie and distort Catholic teaching in order to prop up their own insecurities. Sorry.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#474107 Aug 30, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.waldensiantrailoffaith.org/history...
truth

Perth, Australia

#474108 Aug 30, 2013
Your Creator exist.
Our loving God know all weakness and humans error.
You can't hide nothing at all.
Others try used and misused.

But every spirit is not holy.
Our lovely God know about that how much people stay under influence of deference spirits as attackers too.

Accusers is not better..educated people too even nice attitude too..they call that wisdom.

When prophets see something you can minimize that things never happen..yee.
Many describe on deference way that you can't fully understood.

Jesus Christ speak in parable too.

7n billions childreens on this planet you call all mothers prostitute..really and try set up every words action and documents to judged don't you..its so visible modern then that.

Why mans is better Jesus Christ tell them in Holy Scripture too.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#474109 Aug 30, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
And it is also your constant belching of the word fundies,and the ridiculous 43,000 religions of different doctrines and theologies that also make up the lies you guys constantly tell as well.I am purturbed by this whole thread,who wouldn't be?At least June does not believe at all,we can have a fraim of reference,and the fact that one experiences God in any way shape or form,is what can be a dialogue with an unbeliever.

But the Catholics on here along with some of the Prots constantly say the same things.You all believe that the other one is going to hell.You do not beleive at all what Scripture says about salvation.You all seem to deny that Christ is able to save,change,and fill a person with His Holy Spirit.

History really does not matter anymore for us of the household of faith,its gone,its dead,it no longer defines us.What are we now?

What does Jesus Christ mean to us NOW?Are we changed by Him or not?It was nice listening to Bishop Sheen,he sounded like a man who could give to us fellow believers something of substance to hold on to about our faith,and what Christ is to us all!

I identify with Jesus not a church congregation.But at the same time I am part of that congregation,and yes I have fellowship,and there are those men and women who build up my faith,as I hear what they have to share about their love of Christ.

Our pastors share communion with us,we remember the Lord in His suffering for us,and the Word is expounded.No we are not perfect.BUT He is our Righteousness,because of what He did.How can any believer get on this thread and tell another he or she is going to hell,when Christ has entered their life?Shame on any of you who think that.

No I do not want or desire to be a RC,but I do believe that Jesus is no respector of persons,that when you a Catholic call upon His Name and live for Him He is present in your life.I dare not touch that,it is a holy thing to see in a person's life.

Yet on this thread you often tear each other apart.Either you have Christ or you do not,what is it?

It does not matter whether your so called church had it nine centuries ago,or 3 centuries ago,but do you have Christ in your life now?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#474110 Aug 30, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
He does, but it's not Him speaking through protestants on this board who feel the need to lie and distort Catholic teaching in order to prop up their own insecurities. Sorry.
No it's Him speaking through His,Word

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

http://biblehub.com/1_timothy/2-5.htm

All the bible's say the same thing ..even yours

Very simply ..Jesus,Christ

He died for us..He is our mediator ...none but Him

The veil.in the temple came down.

NO PRIESTS,BETWEEN GOD AND MAN.

only Jesus,
truth

Perth, Australia

#474111 Aug 30, 2013
your corupt documents and camera not going help you..many who stay in duty simply used say ..people say..they represent themself party and organization not people..

now
Jesus Christ say ..who is alive church..you who believe..people.
Did Jesus Christ mist when scripture describe alive believers?

No

Why not?

Jesus know organization whats so ever who they are they know each others..Did you know all people?
no
truth

Perth, Australia

#474112 Aug 30, 2013
it is written righteousness people been prosecuted beaten and so on..is that your corupt justice say...

i say to you

it is written

'stone which builders reject'

you not love me not honor me..its lips

it is written
not will be place where your leaders going hide
they will say hide us cover us..

by
n

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#474113 Aug 30, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Except you have no calling to evangelize since your "evangelization" relies on lies and false witness. No man of God needs to lie about the faith of others just to prop up their own faith, but your whole schtick is based on that.
YOU WROTE

" No man of God needs to lie about the faith of others just to prop up their own faith,

~~~~

SO STOP LYING ABOUT JESUS...STOP YOUR FABLES ...YOUR CONJECTURE AND YOUR

ARROGANT CLAIM TO THE GATES OF HEAVEN...BECOME A CHRISTIAN AS OPPOSED TO

BEING A PAGAN INFIDEL

STOP WORSHIPING IDOLS, MEN AND THEIR INVENTIONS AND WORSHIP GOD....

Mat_4:10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Luk_4:8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

AS YOU ARE.... PRESENTLY....YOU ARE A PRIME CANDIDATE FOR THE ANTICHRIST

WHEN HE ARRIVES...ON THE SCENE...
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#474114 Aug 30, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text> Clay do you or do you not believe that Jesus Christ comes into people's lives saves,changes them and fills them with His Spirit?
Yes of course Pad. God wouldn't be God if He didn't.

Are you led to Biblical truth as a result? No.

Do you rely on falsely accusing Catholics? Yes.

You have changed the word of God, and He still loves you all and blesses you every time you pray with a sincere heart.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#474115 Aug 30, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, lots of fluff, no substance. Your "history" is filled with falsehoods and exaggerations. Dark ages? Any idea WHY those ages were dark? I'm sorry Dan, but I asked for some evidence that protestant evangelicalism existed before the reformation. Where is it?
From day one with the Apostles mr. high and mighty.
No the early believers did not have statues, read the Book of Acts,that is as evangelical as you can possibly get.Read Corinthians,a service is described,I do not see a mass there.The Dark Ages were about the spiritual condition along with the immorality of those times,and the accompanied plagues.Your church did not help matters any,using pagan things for the poor people to kiss,and attach to themselves,that were not the gospel.

Face it tony you would not believe anything that mars your Catholicism,because you believe it is Christ.Well that sums up your distortion to a tee.Enough blood has been shed over the centuries by your great Church,and you deny it with a vengeance.

Even during Hitlers Germany most of the German Catholics and Lutherans followed after him like chicks to a mother duck.They sold out their neighbors for the sake of the Reich.Croatian Catholics killed 700,000 non RCs,and with severe barbarism,but oh that is the only one true Catholic and Apostolic Church.Did they have the right to slaughter systematically non-RC's? Maybe someone was lying or made that up Tony?

You Catholics deny everything,this thread is really the biggest sham on the planet,it really is.Just like you deny the horrible plague of molestation in so many countries today.All that garbage in Ireland,which is really shaking up the Irish people along with no doubt the Church itself.All through Europe now,more and more truth about young kids being victimized by priests and brothers.

Those same priests handle the elements in Communion,and you still claim that it remains to be the actual Body and Blood of Christ,you have no shame! When a preacher does evil,we consider that his preaching and all that he does is of his double-mindedness,and is filthy rags.Sin polutes,it destroys,it diminishes.

No one is perfect,but there is no humility in any of you guys,and yes some of the prots as well.Your comments and retort are no better than those prots or whatever they are who refute you.You all call each other names.That is why I called you mr.high and mighty,you are steadfast alright,I think that the Pope could murder ten people before your eyes and you would defend him to the death.Only Christ is perfect Tony,we all are a mess.But for His grace we have no testimony at all,no church system can do for you what the Grace of God does.

The church are the People of God,the Redeemed of the Lord who are called according to His purpose,and still we are sinners,we sin,we fall,we lie,we cheat,we steal,and so on.BUT our Advocate is Christ,and i n Him we have our being,our truth and faith,and He changes us from glory to glory.That is Christ in us the Hope of glory.All this garbage about a church which sets up rules and regulations and tells us how to is questionable,because God called us to follow Christ,not a church.We are the church,we learn from one another,we rub against each other to sharpen and equip each other,but we do not lord over each other,because Christ is our Lord.

We all must be servants,yes we have those who lead,teach and preach,but to Lord over us NO.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#474116 Aug 30, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose, I think it's common courtesy to follow a discussion before making comments that are not germane to the issue.
Yes, we have disciplines that delay first communion until 2nd grade. It's not in the bible and we say its not, it's tradition.
Protestants on the other hand abhor "tradition", yet they all practice their own and refuse to admit it.
I comment on your hypocrisy of criticizing us, nothing more.
Hmmm hypocrisy ..You folks,run away from the name your Church gave itself ..anyway

I was saying a,prayer if salvation is ok but God does nit require specific words..neither does each church..

No church saves us .

Talking about age if accountability is nothing more than saying

Jesus wants the CHILDREN TO COME TO HIM ..if a child dies,BEFore

that we believe they are with Jesus ..Not in some LIMBO without HIM...

And so sorry ..I'm only allowed by your rules to post if I'm posted to ..

The little lady should not speak unless spoken to ..

There are rules now ..or if I don't do what you say I'M THE HYOOCRITE .

You made a comment saying non Catholics have traditions,as you do ...
Some may have their own way if worship ..of singing ..

But they are not universal .

AND WE DO NOT SAY they have to..

Every one in a family has traditions ...what's your point.

But we do not put TRADITION AHEAD OF OUR LORD ...or His,word.

See I think many Catholics love Jesus ..But many put the,CHURCH before Him ...your rituals,..they are important ...And many just mouth the words repeated over And over .

We,don't tell kids ok ..this is the age of reason ..now it's time to accept Jesus .

We teach them..But the SPIRIT may give Grace to love ..real love for Our Saviour ,...at 7 or 70

Grace is,a,gift bestowed WHEN WE,ARE READY TO ACCEPT IT AND DO.
truth

Perth, Australia

#474117 Aug 30, 2013
Our lovely God know why is like that.

Holy scripture say
-don't lift up your soul
to whom..
then
Holy Scripture say;'
How many Masters you have?
How many Lords you have?
How many God you have?..'
Pad

Rockford, IL

#474118 Aug 30, 2013
Read the Book of ACTS and you will find not Protestantism,but the original evangelical Christianity that existed through the Apostles.Read Corinthians,the matter of worship was described,and the way the believers called upon God,the gifts of the Spirit and so on.

You want some book other than the Bible to support the idea that your particular system is the best,forget it.The Bible,speaks of what was acceptable to God,and He is not the Author of Confusion.

Protestantism did not exist in the Bible,and neither does Roman Catholicism,or Orthodoxy,or Coptics or anyone else for that matter.But the simple worship of the believers,the Apostles preaching,teaching,alms giving,fasting,praying,faith miracles all of which along with Communion existed in the New Testament,evangelical basically means an expository of the Word,it is not a denomination or church,but a method of expounding from the truths of the Bible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Karma is a_______ 950,207
White women what do you fantasize about doing t... (Jun '10) 7 min Johnny 33
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 10 min LAWEST100 615,672
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 19 min Lbj 14,133
Gay sex in raigarh (Jun '15) 31 min monu 277
Intercast love marriage problem solution+91-64... 56 min astromantra3011 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Lost In Transition 179,978
More from around the web