Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 627926 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#473898 Aug 29, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD forgive you .
sorry RoS, but it must be" the Lord rebuke you".

this arrogant and lying devilish attitude must be resisted, not allowed to stand.

when all is said and done, both Seri and reg have said their piece, and I find Seri much more believable than I could ever find reg.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#473899 Aug 29, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>sorry RoS, but it must be" the Lord rebuke you".
this arrogant and lying devilish attitude must be resisted, not allowed to stand.
when all is said and done, both Seri and reg have said their piece, and I find Seri much more believable than I could ever find reg.
I read that post and COUKD not believe what I was reading ..on a,Christian thread no less,.

And yes,I agree,
Plain Jane

Orlando, FL

#473900 Aug 29, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm trying really hard to see where I lied. Of course, I know I didn't lie... But evidently someone thinks I did, so I desire to clear it up. Right now I have no idea what thee hell you are talkin about.
I have shown you, multiple times, priests are afraid to drive after mass, because of the danger of being arrested for DUI...they are really concerned that it appears the legal alcohol limit will be dropped, adding to their fears.
So...you know that its wine....not blood being drank at mass...yet you insist that it is blood...and that, sir, is lying...
I have shown you, from Scripture, that Mary was a sinner...same as you and I...yet you insist she was not a sinner...and that is a lie...
I have shown you from Scripture Mary did not remain a virgin...yet you insist that she remained so...and that is a lie...
Have many others...if you need to see them....
Why does the endless debate about Mary's virginity make a difference about your faith in the teachings of Jesus? That's just one more debate that takes the focus off Jesus.

It has nothing to do with how Jesus taught us to live and to treat one another.

Forget about His teachings and the debate becomes pointless.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#473901 Aug 29, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you understand. You're trying to isolate the Church in Rome. The Roman rite is Catholic and so was the Church in Antioch. Its the same Universal Church. Universal; complete; whole; Catholic.
Here is what the Bishop of Antioch said in the first century: "wherever the Bishop appears, there let the people be; as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church. It is not lawful to Baptize or give communion without the consent of the Bishop, therefore whatever has his approval will be pleasing to God; Thus will be safe and valid"
The title of this thread is a lie. The Vatican never said, "Roman Catholic Church only true Church".
The Roman diocese isn't any more 'truer' than the other Catholic Churches who recognize the Papacy.
Clay we do not agree on SOME things but I respect you and your opinions,.

Please,tell by our friend ..there us no place for threats here .

We are all supposed to be better than this,GOD HELP US .

I know she won't listen to us ..But maybe to you ..

Thanks ..it's creepy IMO.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#473902 Aug 29, 2013
For everyone

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

About salvation
finalprophecies

AOL

#473903 Aug 29, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_____

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#473904 Aug 29, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you understand. You're trying to isolate the Church in Rome. The Roman rite is Catholic and so was the Church in Antioch. Its the same Universal Church. Universal; complete; whole; Catholic.
Here is what the Bishop of Antioch said in the first century: "wherever the Bishop appears, there let the people be; as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church. It is not lawful to Baptize or give communion without the consent of the Bishop, therefore whatever has his approval will be pleasing to God; Thus will be safe and valid"
The title of this thread is a lie. The Vatican never said, "Roman Catholic Church only true Church".
The Roman diocese isn't any more 'truer' than the other Catholic Churches who recognize the Papacy.
~~~

Again (another day) you defend your religious institution ...as apposed
to defending Christ or HIS GOSPLE...

Your prioritys and loyalties are clearly witnessed (by all of us) here in this forum...

You evidently don't care a whit about Jesus and HIS Gosple.

I can't even say that you have divided loyalties...

because all of your post

are about YOUR RELIGIOUS SOCIETY ...

You say nothing about OUR

HEAVENLY FATHER...JESUS CHRIST HIS SON...NOR THE HOLY GHOST...

You crow about your UNIVERSAL CHURCH...

Catholic
CATHOLIC, a.

1. Universal or general; as the Catholic church.

Originally this epithet was given to the Christian church in general,

but is now appropriated to the Romish church, and

in strictness there is no Catholic church, or universal Christian communion.

The epithet is sometimes set in opposition to heretic, sectary or schismatic.

CHURCH..

The collective body of Christians, or of those who profess to believe in Christ, and acknowledge him to be the Savior of mankind. In this sense, the church is sometimes called the Catholic or Universal Church.

World

WORLD, n.

1. The universe; the whole system of created globes or vast bodies of matter.

THE BIBLE SAYS

1Jn_2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

JESUS SAID

Joh_15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

YOU ARE EVIDENTLY OF THE WORLD/UNIVERE YOU ONLY LOVE YOUR OWN..

AND WORSHIP AND SERVE THE CORRUPTIBLE THINGS OF THIS WORLD...

HUMANBEINGS TANTED WITH THE SINS OF ADAM,

YOUR POPE, MARY ... YOUR IDOLS ICONS RITUALS..

---

Mat_4:10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written,

-->Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Luk_4:8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written,

---

Mar_7:8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
Mar_7:9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

Mar_7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

THIS IS YOU...
Col_2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

1Pe_1:18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#473905 Aug 29, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Again (another day) you defend your religious institution ...as apposed
to defending Christ or HIS GOSPLE...
Your prioritys and loyalties are clearly witnessed (by all of us) here in this forum...
You evidently don't care a whit about Jesus and HIS Gosple.
I can't even say that you have divided loyalties...
because all of your post
are about YOUR RELIGIOUS SOCIETY ...
You say nothing about OUR
HEAVENLY FATHER...JESUS CHRIST HIS SON...NOR THE HOLY GHOST...
You crow about your UNIVERSAL CHURCH...
Catholic
CATHOLIC, a.
1. Universal or general; as the Catholic church.
Originally this epithet was given to the Christian church in general,
but is now appropriated to the Romish church, and
in strictness there is no Catholic church, or universal Christian communion.
The epithet is sometimes set in opposition to heretic, sectary or schismatic.
CHURCH..
The collective body of Christians, or of those who profess to believe in Christ, and acknowledge him to be the Savior of mankind. In this sense, the church is sometimes called the Catholic or Universal Church.
World
WORLD, n.
1. The universe; the whole system of created globes or vast bodies of matter.
THE BIBLE SAYS
1Jn_2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
JESUS SAID
Joh_15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
YOU ARE EVIDENTLY OF THE WORLD/UNIVERE YOU ONLY LOVE YOUR OWN..
AND WORSHIP AND SERVE THE CORRUPTIBLE THINGS OF THIS WORLD...
HUMANBEINGS TANTED WITH THE SINS OF ADAM,
YOUR POPE, MARY ... YOUR IDOLS ICONS RITUALS..
---
Mat_4:10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written,
Luk_4:8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written,
---
Mar_7:8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
Mar_7:9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
Mar_7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.
THIS IS YOU...
Col_2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
1Pe_1:18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
~~~

Rom_6:16 Know ye not,

that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey,

his servants ye are to whom ye obey;

whether of sin unto death,

or of obedience unto righteousness?

NOTE

1Co_7:23 Ye are bought with a price;

be not ye the servants of men.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#473906 Aug 29, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU ATTEMPT TO CHANGE THE SUBJECT WHEN YOU ARE PENNED AGAINST THE WALL WITH THE TRUTH..AND CAN'T WIGGLE OUT OF IT
I JUST AINT GOING THERE...
I INTEND TO KEEP CONFRONTING YOU WITH THE WORD OF GOD...
AS THE WORD OF GOD SAYS
Jud_1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation,
it was needful for me to write unto you, and
exhort you ....that ye should
---> earnestly contend<-- for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.
-->contend<-- DEFINED IN GREEK
Contend
CONTEND, v.i.[L., to stretch. Gr., See Tend, Tenet.]
1. To strive; to use earnest efforts to obtain, or to defend and preserve.
Ye should earnestly contend for the faith once delivered to the saints. Jude 3.
3. To dispute earnestly; to strive in debate.
4. To reprove sharply; to chide; to strive to convince and reclaim.
5.To contend for, to strive to obtain; as, two competitors contend for the prize.
CONTEND, v.t. To dispute; to contest.
Is it ok or not ok, for Joel Osteen to sell his 2 MILLION DOLLAR for home for a 10 MILLION DOLLAR home?
I could care less what YOU think the Bible says. You are not an authority to tell me what the will of God is. You didn't compile Bible; You didn't hold a council to determine the canon; you didn't label the 72 Books as 'Holy Scripture'; you didn't have your monks hand copy it for 1200 yrs; you didn't print it off the press and show it to the world.

So just answer the question in your own thought. Is Mr Osteen out of line for living lavishly. Two bathrooms for each of his family members when people in the world have to crap in a bucket and dump it in the river??
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#473907 Aug 29, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay we do not agree on SOME things but I respect you and your opinions,.
Please,tell by our friend ..there us no place for threats here .
We are all supposed to be better than this,GOD HELP US .
I know she won't listen to us ..But maybe to you ..
Thanks ..it's creepy IMO.
You silly, silly woman, I did not threaten her. What I meant was that I would tell her what she really is thereby giving her a reason to say the things she does, because so far she has none other than pure animosity and malice.

Do you know what an instigator is? Someone here said she reminded him of the woman who goads and provokes two men at a ball game and when they get into a fight, she sits back and laughs. That's exactly what came to mind last night. I'm afraid satan has his claws deeply into her. You only listen to the gossip...immediately followed by prayers. I happen to know better.
So please stop your nonsense. Your posts to and about me are far too obvious. You're giving the game away.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#473908 Aug 29, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
You silly, silly woman, I did not threaten her.
This is your post to Sera that you don't call a threat:

Regina said: Hey, instigator...get out of my face or I'll give you a reason to say the things you've been saying. And I guarantee you won't sit back and laugh this time. You're playing a dangerous game, Sera. Now back off.

**You said you never cussed either....lol
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#473909 Aug 29, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Clay!! Have looked for you at the Cathedral on various occasions but have unfortunately missed you..... You are correct in saying that the Vatican never said that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true Church.---However, the historical and biblical events of over 2000 years, confirm that it is "in fact" the Only TRUE Church that Jesus HIMSELF formed and initiated--------NOT the only Church---BUT the only TRUE Church!!!
Hope to meet up with you, again, on of these Saturdays, but in the meantime, "keep the TRUTH of the Catholic Christian faith alive" (as I know you will) in front of those bible only fundies who keep denying the TRUTH!!!

Since: Sep 09

Canada

#473910 Aug 29, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you continue with asking the same questions, when I've clearly answered them.
You on the other hand, when poised with a question divert to some quote out of book you probably didn't read.
Give it a rest June, your continuous prodding isn't getting you anything or anywhere.
Maybe you can begin using some intelligence when posting.
Well as you can post yards and yards of words to others ... I suggest it shouldn't take long to explain once again to me what you believe is based on TRUTH.

Please humor me and explain where you believe your spirit will end in its journey.

Will you be with an enlightened god, who by the way never created evil ... or just with other spirits that are fully enlightened as are you?

I'll wait impatiently for your "divine" answer.

Canada

#473911 Aug 29, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>June,you are on something? I find your post here undeserving of you,you do have intelligence,I know you do.
Now it seems unbemoanst to you,that the Jewish Bible is recorded prophecy for the most part,and it is recored upon record that is passed on to generations,and to whosoever.Since God inspired the Old Covenant text that is of divine quality and substance,He had no intentions of keeping the Old Covenant as a Jewish Only book.Within the many pages of the Old Testament there are prophecies about His Son.
God chose the Jews to be beacons of light,not physical brightness,but spiritual,where they would challenge the gentiles to serve the Living God.You never read that Gentiles from many nations throughout the known world were also followers of the Jewish faith,they could not go to Temple,but often they were received in the Synagogues,at hours where they could be taught the ways of the One True and Living God.
The New Testament is not a Catholic Book,and whether the Catholics on here agree with me or not,they know that every author of the New Testament save LUKE,were Jews,Apostles of the Lord Jesus Christ.There is nothing about the New Testament that is Roman Catholic,Orthodox,or Protestant.It is a book written by the closest followers of Yeshua,to give account of His life,and as the epistles are teachings and guidelines to live the WAY of Christ.
I should say a compiled book of books written by Jews who were called by Jesus Himself to follow Him.Now I could be wrong about Philemon,as he might have been a gentile as well,but I never heard otherwise.
The Catholic conference or Council were responsible in Niceaa,that chose which of the gospels would be inserted,epistles and the Acts of the Apostles by Luke.The Book of Revelation.But they did not author those books,putting a bunch of books together into one BOOK,and calling the BOOK the New Testament may have been a Catholic thing,but that does not mean that the Catholic Church is the author of the same.For that matter the early Catholics most likely put the Old Testament together after the fashion of the early Jews,they definitely did not author that compilation either.
So we are to be thankful for God using them to preserve,protect and put the Books together,and printing them.Much history past around those events.
You come to your own conclusions and you are careless in it!
I stick by what I wrote.

June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>
The Jewish bible was written by Jew FOR only Jews that were faithful to Judaism.
The Catholic new testament was written by ex-Jew Catholics that preached that ONLY Catholics were loved by the god.
If you can't see the lies ... you want to stay blind.
Each theologian wrote to and for ONLY the followers of his own "specific" religion.

Canada

#473912 Aug 29, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>==========
For June:
"Save The Last Dance For Me"
You can dance-every dance with the guy
Who gives you the eye,let him hold you tight
You can smile-every smile for the man
Who held your hand neath the pale moon light
But don't forget who's takin' you home
And in whose arms you're gonna be
So darlin' save the last dance for me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =AoMKoHGWYP8XX
Thank you ... but according to all you holy ones, my last dance will be saved for the devil while you are ALL dancing with one or another HOLY god.

P.S. Don't forget about the part of the scripture where god created evil. It's really "something" to think about when you are all busy pondering on receiving nothing but LOVE in a hereafter.

:)

Canada

#473913 Aug 29, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>simple and makes sense...
You liked that idea that your intellect can take you to higher knowledge HUH? It plays a tune on your ego.

I think it's mushy slop! If we owned higher knowledge we would all agree with each other. The fact is, we all ONLY have opinions and our opinions are at odds with each other's opinions.

Black Thunder 42 wrote:

<quoted text>
As the Egyptian code of good discourse explains...to hear is a simple human trait. To "listen" is the attribute that carry's one to higher levels of knowledge and understanding if applied properly.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#473914 Aug 29, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it ok or not ok, for Joel Osteen to sell his 2 MILLION DOLLAR for home for a 10 MILLION DOLLAR home?
I could care less what YOU think the Bible says. You are not an authority to tell me what the will of God is. You didn't compile Bible; You didn't hold a council to determine the canon; you didn't label the 72 Books as 'Holy Scripture'; you didn't have your monks hand copy it for 1200 yrs; you didn't print it off the press and show it to the world.
So just answer the question in your own thought. Is Mr Osteen out of line for living lavishly. Two bathrooms for each of his family members when people in the world have to crap in a bucket and dump it in the river??
He preaches,some kind of wealth gospel ..so in his mind ..maybe he is,living up to his,faith ...'mo idea what he does with his money ..should he live that way ..I'd day no..

He is not the CHURCH ..the BODY of believers is,

But YOU and the others say the wealth belongs,to Jesus ..

And I got a,picture in my head,of Him looking at those,Jewels and treasures,..looking at His starving children ..And crying ..

Do you think ..That even if the Church sold them off ..when Jesus,returns,..He could not save them from destruction ..And keep them if He wanted them ..

He will have His,OWN crown and throne ..so will Peter and the,Apostles,for that matter ..

But that does not mean ALL of us COUld not do better in that regard

And you folks here are,NOT responsible for how your Church deals,with its,wealth .....

Looking at scripture,..well..the old saying

WHAT WOULD JESUS,DO ..comes to mind

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#473915 Aug 29, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
You silly, silly woman, I did not threaten her. What I meant was that I would tell her what she really is thereby giving her a reason to say the things she does, because so far she has none other than pure animosity and malice.
Do you know what an instigator is? Someone here said she reminded him of the woman who goads and provokes two men at a ball game and when they get into a fight, she sits back and laughs. That's exactly what came to mind last night. I'm afraid satan has his claws deeply into her. You only listen to the gossip...immediately followed by prayers. I happen to know better.
So please stop your nonsense. Your posts to and about me are far too obvious. You're giving the game away.
Actually I am not the first one to see that post as,a threat

Think it was,someone this morning..then I read back and saw,it ..
You honestly think that is,a,proper way to post on any thread

Let alone a,Christian thread??

The nuns taught us,about being good examples,..

I did not need any gossip to show me what I read ..it was creepy ..

You can call me a,silly woman ..That does,not make your post any less,
Awful...
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#473916 Aug 29, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU ATTEMPT TO CHANGE THE SUBJECT WHEN YOU ARE PENNED AGAINST THE WALL WITH THE TRUTH..AND CAN'T WIGGLE OUT OF IT
I JUST AINT GOING THERE...
I INTEND TO KEEP CONFRONTING YOU WITH THE WORD OF GOD...
AS THE WORD OF GOD SAYS
Your ability to "twist, distort and manipulate" the TRUTH of GODS WORD, the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ, as well as TRUE Church History------- to "make it mean ONLY what YOU want it to mean"---- is (uncanny) and as "crooked as it gets"!! Your vindictive and hostile (lying) attacks against Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church, is one thing!!---but when you "continuously" attack the (personal faith and salvation) of my Catholic brothers and sisters in Christ,----(Clay, Regina, Anthony Star C and others)---you, Confrinting (again --only prove to us)--WHAT WE ALREADY KNOW! That you are just the same old conniving, judgemental snake oil preacher that you have ALWAYS PROVEN YOURSELF to be ever since you came on this forum.... As a bible only Protestant for 3 decades, I have dealt with heretical ministers like you many times, who only attract anti-catholic "hate-filled" bible only bigots like yourself-----AND with their condemning, lies and judgmental preaching, "empty their churches" at a faster rate than if someone were to yell "FIRE"!!!! You DO NOT speak for God and NEVER WILL---until you come to TRUE SALVATION in Jesus Christ!!! Until then, your (so-called) Christian ministry is "nothing" but a "noisy gong or a clanging cymbal" (I Cor 1:13)

Canada

#473917 Aug 29, 2013
The god of the Jews that created good and evil must have had a crippled MIND!

He couldn't seem to make up his mind which way to GO!

:)

Isaiah 45:7 CJB

Complete Jewish Bible

I form light, I create darkness; I make well-being, I create woe; I, ADONAI, do all these things.

Read Isaiah 45 CJB | Read Isaiah 45:7 CJB in parallel

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Joe Fortuna 951,727
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min Torgo2 278,519
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 min LAWEST100 615,738
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 15 min WildWeirdWillie 180,103
OFF The Grid in Ontario 25 min Pixles 1
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 36 min Lbj 14,774
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 37 min Student 42,279
More from around the web