Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650331 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#473850 Aug 28, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you answer my question? If you don't know what it means, why did you quote it?????!!!!!
Continuing...
Southern Baptist Articles of faith:

C. God the Holy Spirit
The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God, fully divine. He inspired holy men of old to write the Scriptures. Through illumination He enables men to understand truth. He exalts Christ. He convicts men of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment. He calls men to the Saviour, and effects regeneration. At the moment of regeneration He baptizes every believer into the Body of Christ. He cultivates Christian character, comforts believers, and bestows the spiritual gifts by which they serve God through His church. He seals the believer unto the day of final redemption. His presence in the Christian is the guarantee that God will bring the believer into the fullness of the stature of Christ. He enlightens and empowers the believer and the church in worship, evangelism, and service.
Genesis 1:2; Judges 14:6; Job 26:13; Psalms 51:11; 139:7ff.; Isaiah 61:1-3; Joel 2:28-32; Matthew 1:18; 3:16; 4:1; 12:28-32; 28:19; Mark 1:10,12; Luke 1:35; 4:1,18-19; 11:13; 12:12; 24:49; John 4:24; 14:16-17,26; 15:26; 16:7-14; Acts 1:8; 2:1-4,38; 4:31; 5:3; 6:3; 7:55; 8:17,39; 10:44; 13:2; 15:28; 16:6; 19:1-6; Romans 8:9-11,14-16,26-27; 1 Corinthians 2:10-14; 3:16; 12:3-11,13; Galatians 4:6; Ephesians 1:13-14; 4:30; 5:18; 1 Thessalonians 5:19; 1 Timothy 3:16; 4:1; 2 Timothy 1:14; 3:16; Hebrews 9:8,14; 2 Peter 1:21; 1 John 4:13; 5:6-7; Revelation 1:10; 22:17.

Now,that is your belief,right?

I know that this is only one part of the articles of faith,but this is in response to your question.

I will also post our articles of faith.
Chuck

Ashburn, VA

#473851 Aug 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
if I remember correctly, you flipped out because you said she cussed at you. She didn't. I don't know why you said that.
I think she said, "that's bs"... Not 'You're bs". Even if those initials are what we think it is, she certainly didn't cuss at you!
I think you were taking it out of proportion. You wanted everyone to think she swore at you.
You post allot of B.S, Chuck. lol.
(that means boogers and snot.)
You don't remember very well than dum dum. Regina cussed at someone else not me. I just proved she is a liar by posting it.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#473852 Aug 28, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for asking..
THEY TOOK THE STAPLES OUT OF HER HIP YESTERDAY, AND REPLACED THE CAST ON HER ARM..
..She did not sleep very well last night..
So to day was not one of her best...
But SHE WILL RECOVER AND BE BACK HOME..
She wanted to attend the family reunion this weekend
but that is out of the question...
THANKS YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS..
G.I.F.
Please tell her that Nick and I are thinking about her and she remains in our prayers!Jesus Christ Son Of GOd have mercy On Me A Sinner is a prayer I repeat when I have trouble sleeping.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#473853 Aug 28, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I personally do not care for those people, however since clay brought it up. the senior mr osteen was very wealthy and left this estate to his son. there is no sin that accompanies that transfer.
however the subject was about you and I, and it did not contain anything about wealth. just our calling and that is in the hands of God, not clay nor any of his cohorts, who have been found to not be very trustworthy.
when clay is showed to be lying, he quickly changes the subject, but he need not worry, his lifestyle has been guaranteed by no less a personage than that of Regina.
here is clays post and my reply.

atemcowboy

Location hidden

Reply »

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
22 hrs ago

Clay wrote:

<quoted text>
do you ever post anything that's not a viral Protestant propaganda leaflet?
You post so much slander old gee. It's hardly worth correcting each one. Besides, your job as a self proclaimed Deacon is over once your students hear the Catholic side. Right now you got people thinking your an authority on the scriptures. once they hear the truth of Catholicism, you Preston and Confrint will be lookin for new jobs. You know it too.

ME;
fraid not, old chap,

and speaking ONLY for myself. my job is secure, the pay is more than adequate, the retirement benefits are superb.

FOR IT IS WRITTEN, THE GIFTS AND CALLING OF GOD ARE WITHOUT REPENTANCE.

YOU CAN DISLIKE WHAT I SAY ALL DAY LONG [25] HOURS A DAY(lol) AND IT WILL NEVER CHANGE THE MIND OF GOD.

I was charged to stand against those who try to pervert the Holy Word, that charge has never nor will it be taken away from me, you can like it or not, I could care less.lol

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#473854 Aug 28, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonderful attitude Sere, You and Nick reminds me of me and my Husband.
We have been together 43 years, he has been going through a rough time the last few years, he has to wear a catheter all the time.
He isn't as sick as Herme, but in a lot of pain at times.
I pray God keeps you both strong , your faith is very encouraging .
God Bless.
As your is also!GBu both!!
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#473855 Aug 28, 2013
<quoted text>
I AM NOT A RICH MAN...
JESUS SAID
Luk 16:10 He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much.
Luk 16:11 If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches?
Luk 16:12 And if ye have not been faithful in that which is another man's, who shall give you that which is your own?
Luk 16:13 No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and -->mammon.<--
-->MAMMON.<--DEFINED IN GREEK AS USED IN LUKE 16:13...
G3126
&#956;&#945;&#956; &#956;&#969;&#957; &#945;&#834;&#962;
mammo&#772;nas
mam-mo-nas'
Of Chaldee origin (confidence, that is, figuratively wealth, personified); mammonas, that is,-->avarice<--(deified ):- mammon.
-->Avarice<-- DEFINED BY WEVSTER
AV'ARICE, n.[L. avaritia, from avarus, from aveo, to covet.]
An inordinate desire of gaining and possessing wealth; covetousness; greediness or insatiable desire of gain.
Avarice sheds a blasting influence over the finest affections and sweetest comforts of mankind.
WHEN A CATHOLIC PRIEST ...PROMISES TO PRAY A SOUL OUT OF PURGATORY
(A NON EXISTING PLACE ....THAT IS FIGMENT OF THEIR IMAGINATION)
THAT GOES PAST AVARICE... INTO BILKING AND THEFT BY DECEPTION...
WHEN INDULGENCES ARE SOLD ...THAT IS COMMON THEFT IN THE NAME OF GOD..
WHEN ABSOLUTION IS PRACTICES...FOR MONEY
...PROMISING A MAN ETERNAL LIFE
WITH OUT ANY PROOF FROM THE BIBLE TO VALIDATE SUCH A PRACTICE...
THAT IS MERCHANDISING IN HUMAN SOULS
Luk 16:14 And the Pharisees also, who were covetous, heard all these things: and they derided him.
Luk 16:15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.
I didn't think you were a rich man, Confrint. But hypothetically, if you could have a book deal and tv show (like Osteen) and thought you were an authority on sacred scripture (like Osteen), is it ok for you to purchase a 10 million dollar estate for your little family? How could a man who claims to follow Jesus justify such a purchase?
Also, who has more horses, you or Preston?
Chuck

Ashburn, VA

#473856 Aug 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text> I have stated things before, that I thought was truth, but I was wrong. But that's not a sin because I wasn't consciously aware of it.
That is called a venial sin dum dum. So yeah according to your church you did sin.
LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#473857 Aug 28, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry to hear that. whats going on? We will add him to our prayers and you as well.
A few years back my husband was parked and some guy in a four by four came out of a hotel and hit my husband dead on.
His car's trunk was in the front seat with him, it tore the lining of his stomach.
They had to put a mesh in his stomach, that started a string of events, it's one thing after another.
2 Christmas's ago he had a bad fall, ended up in the hospital looking like he was about 7 months pregnant, his prostrate gland is in large and he can't go to the bathroom on his own.
Thank you Sere for your prayers God Bless you both. I will be praying for you both also.
God gave us a big family for just these reasons. love in Christ.

Location hidden

#473858 Aug 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Please show me where I've ever lied and I promise to confess my lie. I have stated things before, that I thought was truth, but I was wrong. But that's not a sin because I wasn't consciously aware of it.
You and Confrint, however, knowingly continue with your debunked form of sola scripture. That is called a lie.
here is just one lie that you have told.

you Preston and Confrint will be lookin for new jobs. You know it too.

and I have posted that God said "his callings are without repentance", so you are actually calling God a liar.

AND I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU, BECAUSE YOU THINK THAT YOU AND YOUR RELIGION IS CORRECT,

therefore there will be no repentance coming from you just because of your hard heart. and I know that and God knows that too.
LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#473859 Aug 28, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
My post is about what the Bible says concerning the benefits BOTH SPIRITUALLY AND PHYSICALLY that REAL Christian receives at Calvary...
AS FOR THE SUBJECT OF RICHES/WEALTH...
NO ONE KNOWS THE TREMENDOUS VOLUME OF WEALTH THAT IS HOARDED IN THE VATICAN
IN ROME ITALY..and the real estate and businesses that ARE operated
(TAX FREE) across the world
WHILE IT'S CONSTITUENTS TAKE AN OATH OF POVERTY...
AND MILLIONS DIE OF STARVATION EVERY DAY...
How the Rev Joel Osteen handles his financial affairs is not the subject here in this forum...
LAST I READ ....THE SUBJECT IS...
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Hi Confrint how is KayMarie, is she home yet??
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#473860 Aug 28, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
My post is about what the Bible says concerning the benefits BOTH SPIRITUALLY AND PHYSICALLY that REAL Christian receives at Calvary...
AS FOR THE SUBJECT OF RICHES/WEALTH...
NO ONE KNOWS THE TREMENDOUS VOLUME OF WEALTH THAT IS HOARDED IN THE VATICAN
IN ROME ITALY..and the real estate and businesses that ARE operated
(TAX FREE) across the world
WHILE IT'S CONSTITUENTS TAKE AN OATH OF POVERTY...
AND MILLIONS DIE OF STARVATION EVERY DAY...
How the Rev Joel Osteen handles his financial affairs is not the subject here in this forum...
LAST I READ ....THE SUBJECT IS...
There is no material wealth in the Vatican. Sure, if you liquidate all the artifacts, its probably very profitable. But those artifacts do not belong to any one person. They belong to the Church. And that Church doesn't belong to us, it belongs to Jesus Christ.
Those items are priceless. I suppose you could put the Shroud of Turin on ebay and make a hefty profit. You could sell the robe worn by Saint Francis of Assisi or the relics of Saint Peter underneath the alter, but that would be a meaningless dollar amount.

You guys put a price tag on the Vatican treasures. The Vatican doesn't put a price tag on it because, its priceless.

If you're a follower of Christ, forgo all your assets. Pope Francis did....

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#473861 Aug 28, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
How are you doing Herme, nice seeing you on the thread.
I hope you are feeling much better then this time last year.
My sweety isn't doing well, spent hours in the hospital a couple of nights ago.
He is in a lot of pain Herme
~~~

I WILL PRAY FOR HIM..

HEAVENLY FATHER

we bring L.T.M'S LOVE ONE BEFORE YOUR THRONE OF GRACE,

THANKING YOU FOR YOU LOVE, MERCY AND THE PRECIOUS BLOOD OF JESUS.

LOOKING UNTO YOU TO INCREASE HIS FAITH,

THAT HE MIGHT RECEIVE THAT WHICH YOU HAVE GIVEN HIM THROUGH YOUR

STRIPES THAT YOU HAVE BORN AND YOUR SUFFERING ON CALVARY'S MOUNT,

FOR YOU STATED PURPOSE... THAT ...BY YOUR STRIPS HE COULD BE HEALED..

WE ADD OUR FAITH WITH THOSE THAT HAVE CALLED UPON YOU AND AGREE WITH THEM

THAT HAVE PRAYED FOR HIM...IN FAITH ....ON HIS BEHALF.

WE THANK YOU AND WORSHIP YOU FOR THE FULFILLMENT OF YOUR GIFTS..

WE ALSO PRAY FOR L.T.M.....THAT YOU WILL SURROUDN HER WITH YOUR PRESENCE

AND SUPPLY ALL HER NEEDS...

WE HUMBLY THANK YOU;

IN JESUS NAME

AMEN
LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#473862 Aug 28, 2013

<quoted text>
Thank you for asking..
THEY TOOK THE STAPLES OUT OF HER HIP YESTERDAY, AND REPLACED THE CAST ON HER ARM..
..She did not sleep very well last night..
So to day was not one of her best...
But SHE WILL RECOVER AND BE BACK HOME..
She wanted to attend the family reunion this weekend
but that is out of the question...
THANKS YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS..
G.I.F.

----------
What KayMarie broke her hip and her arm oh confronting, I missed that post I guess; I thought it was her heart again.
Poor dear, give her a hug for me I will be praying for a speedy recovery.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#473863 Aug 28, 2013
Geronimo wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not know; are you a gay priest?
No.

Were you hoping for one?
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#473864 Aug 28, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>here is clays post and my reply.
atemcowboy
Location hidden
Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
22 hrs ago
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
do you ever post anything that's not a viral Protestant propaganda leaflet?
You post so much slander old gee. It's hardly worth correcting each one. Besides, your job as a self proclaimed Deacon is over once your students hear the Catholic side. Right now you got people thinking your an authority on the scriptures. once they hear the truth of Catholicism, you Preston and Confrint will be lookin for new jobs. You know it too.
ME;
fraid not, old chap,
and speaking ONLY for myself. my job is secure, the pay is more than adequate, the retirement benefits are superb.
FOR IT IS WRITTEN, THE GIFTS AND CALLING OF GOD ARE WITHOUT REPENTANCE.
YOU CAN DISLIKE WHAT I SAY ALL DAY LONG [25] HOURS A DAY(lol) AND IT WILL NEVER CHANGE THE MIND OF GOD.
I was charged to stand against those who try to pervert the Holy Word, that charge has never nor will it be taken away from me, you can like it or not, I could care less.lol
I'm trying really hard to see where I lied. Of course, I know I didn't lie... But evidently someone thinks I did, so I desire to clear it up. Right now I have no idea what thee hell you are talkin about.
LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#473865 Aug 28, 2013
Psalm 9:9

This video was posted long before that ...

Ray Boltz - The Anchor Holds w/lyrics - YouTube

&#9658; 5:51&#9658; 5:51

www.youtube.com/watch... ;

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#473866 Aug 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't think you were a rich man, Confrint. But hypothetically, if you could have a book deal and tv show (like Osteen) and thought you were an authority on sacred scripture (like Osteen), is it ok for you to purchase a 10 million dollar estate for your little family? How could a man who claims to follow Jesus justify such a purchase?
Also, who has more horses, you or Preston?
~~~
YOU ATTEMPT TO CHANGE THE SUBJECT WHEN YOU ARE PENNED AGAINST THE WALL WITH THE TRUTH..AND CAN'T WIGGLE OUT OF IT

I JUST AINT GOING THERE...

I INTEND TO KEEP CONFRONTING YOU WITH THE WORD OF GOD...

AS THE WORD OF GOD SAYS

Jud_1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation,

it was needful for me to write unto you, and

exhort you ....that ye should

---> earnestly contend<-- for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

-->contend<-- DEFINED IN GREEK

Contend
CONTEND, v.i.[L., to stretch. Gr., See Tend, Tenet.]

1. To strive; to use earnest efforts to obtain, or to defend and preserve.

Ye should earnestly contend for the faith once delivered to the saints. Jude 3.

3. To dispute earnestly; to strive in debate.

4. To reprove sharply; to chide; to strive to convince and reclaim.

5.To contend for, to strive to obtain; as, two competitors contend for the prize.

CONTEND, v.t. To dispute; to contest.

LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#473867 Aug 28, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
I WILL PRAY FOR HIM..
HEAVENLY FATHER
we bring L.T.M'S LOVE ONE BEFORE YOUR THRONE OF GRACE,
THANKING YOU FOR YOU LOVE, MERCY AND THE PRECIOUS BLOOD OF JESUS.
LOOKING UNTO YOU TO INCREASE HIS FAITH,
THAT HE MIGHT RECEIVE THAT WHICH YOU HAVE GIVEN HIM THROUGH YOUR
STRIPES THAT YOU HAVE BORN AND YOUR SUFFERING ON CALVARY'S MOUNT,
FOR YOU STATED PURPOSE... THAT ...BY YOUR STRIPS HE COULD BE HEALED..
WE ADD OUR FAITH WITH THOSE THAT HAVE CALLED UPON YOU AND AGREE WITH THEM
THAT HAVE PRAYED FOR HIM...IN FAITH ....ON HIS BEHALF.
WE THANK YOU AND WORSHIP YOU FOR THE FULFILLMENT OF YOUR GIFTS..
WE ALSO PRAY FOR L.T.M.....THAT YOU WILL SURROUDN HER WITH YOUR PRESENCE
AND SUPPLY ALL HER NEEDS...
WE HUMBLY THANK YOU;
IN JESUS NAME
AMEN
Amen , thank you dear confronting for that wonderful prayer .
Love in Christ.

Location hidden

#473868 Aug 28, 2013
of all the catholics on here, practically all of them use cuss words.

of all the alleged Christians on here, only two use words that shouldn't come out of the mouth of a Follower of Jesus

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#473869 Aug 28, 2013
a,poster put this,on another thread .

Mount Everest, the tallest mountain on Earth, is 5.5 miles high. If you could remove only one teaspoon of dirt from Mount Everest every 1,000 years until the entire mountain was gone, the 1st second of eternity would not have even started by the time you were finished.
Four out of five dentists recommend Trident, but ten out of every ten people die. We are all part of this ultimate statistic. Have you ever wondered what happens after someone dies? The Bible tells us in Hebrews 9:27 that we are all appointed to die and then face judgment. This judgment is for sin (disobedience to God's laws). The Bible declares in Romans 3:23 that all have sinned and come short of God's glory. Our sins separate us from God, who is holy and righteous. Through our God-given conscience, the 10 Commandments reveal sin to us. We know that it's wrong to lie, steal, commit adultery, murder, and use God's name in vain.
As a righteous judge, God cannot overlook disobedience to His laws. The judgment for anyone who dies in their sins will be eternal separation from God in a fiery place of torment called Hell. However, we can escape this judgment and inherit eternal life in Heaven because the Son of God, Jesus Christ, took the judgment for mankind's sins upon Himself as He gave His life on the Cross at Calvary. Three days later, Jesus rose from the dead and is alive forevermore. Jesus Christ is the only one to walk this earth without breaking any commandments (Hebrews 4:15). The sinless blood that Jesus shed on the Cross washes away sin and is the only payment for our violation of God’s laws. We cannot earn our way to Heaven; good deeds do not outweigh bad deeds. We need the righteousness of Christ in order to be acceptable to God. John 3:16 says that God sacrificed His Son for the entire world. Regardless of things like wealth or status in life, everyone needs Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
Eternal salvation is ONLY obtained by receiving Jesus Christ into your heart by faith. Call upon Him in prayer, believing that He is the Son of God who died and rose again for your sins. Confess to Jesus that you’re a sinner. Ask Him to come into your heart and forgive you, and repent (turn away) from all sin. Tell others about your trust in Jesus as your Savior, be baptized, and make Him the Lord of your life as you live by faith in Him and obedience to the Bible.
James 4:14 says that life is like a vapor; it exists for a short time and then vanishes. There is no promise of tomorrow. Receive Christ today and be prepared to meet Him when your appointed time with death comes. Christ thought you were worth dying for. Live for Him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 48 min Steve III 44,964
The Leading FFXIV Gil & Final Fantasy XIV Powe... 2 hr ffxivfans 1
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 hr Bongo 56,066
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr ChristineM 445,916
Gay jerk off 12-14 tinychat (Jan '14) 2 hr Rollando 3
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 3 hr MUQ2 442
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr trifecta1 971,801
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Tue akon mason 70
More from around the web