Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654199 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Australia

#473828 Aug 28, 2013
sadain is not be angel no
did sadan killed anyone before..did you complain..no..why not..

future will be deference..

in this city nothing exist..
no life
this civilization going as many will be zero

no
you can save that don't you

did you find
long white evil finger in mind as you see neurons in people mind..on that tiny neurons entire existence is so tiny hope..

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#473829 Aug 28, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Amen...Thank you Rose
:)

God bless you also Sera.

It requires,
A,good wife to care.

You are,GIDS,gift to your husband ..
truth

Australia

#473830 Aug 28, 2013
look trees and nice green vegetation..many grow up..yee many dry up and go in dust..why you better
as alive humans and animals..

o well
spit spit over your Creator

don't cry when i died

Location hidden

#473831 Aug 28, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think it is nice to hit a child with a pointer or anyone for that matter.
That is abuse.
Lol I didn't say I did it .

It was,the fifties...things,were different .

Usually we wrote things over and over..But for repeat offenders .

The punishment was,more memorable. Depended on the offense and the nun .
We survived ..found a site with a few former students ..

Most of the nuns we loved as mothers..strict or not

A couple should never have been around children ..
Guest55

Cape Girardeau, MO

#473832 Aug 28, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Basics Law 101
A. Never ask a question unless you know the answer....
Hmmmm...I don't believe you know the answer. I think the basics law 101 you have been following would be, ask me no questions I will tell you no lies . Is that the case? Sorry that was a question so I must know the answer. Right? Sorry another question. It sure is tough knowing all the answers to all your questions.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#473833 Aug 28, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
My post is about what the Bible says concerning the benefits BOTH SPIRITUALLY AND PHYSICALLY that REAL Christian receives at Calvary...
AS FOR THE SUBJECT OF RICHES/WEALTH...
NO ONE KNOWS THE TREMENDOUS VOLUME OF WEALTH THAT IS HOARDED IN THE VATICAN
IN ROME ITALY..and the real estate and businesses that ARE operated
(TAX FREE) across the world
WHILE IT'S CONSTITUENTS TAKE AN OATH OF POVERTY...
AND MILLIONS DIE OF STARVATION EVERY DAY...
How the Rev Joel Osteen handles his financial affairs is not the subject here in this forum...
LAST I READ ....THE SUBJECT IS...
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
hello Nice to see you! How is your wife doing??

Location hidden

#473834 Aug 28, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
:)
God bless you also Sera.
It requires,
A,good wife to care.
You are,GIDS,gift to your husband ..
Thank you rose..I will tell you a funny story about Nick.When he was in the ICU he was tied down with a tube down his throat and had two IV poles loaded with bags of meds.He had a tube coming out of his neck to measure the preasure between the heart and lungs and a tube coming out of his side to drain his lungs.he couldn't talk and he was in and out of it.I got a wet wash cloth and was cooling his face and singing to him. I noticed that he started to ball his fist up. I said honey, do you want me to stop wipeing your face? He shoock his head no. I said do you want me to stop singing? He said yes...lol then smiled to me! I laughed!That small act meant a lot to both of us!!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#473835 Aug 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Fundamental Christians are notorious for using one verse to cancel out others, provided it 'better fits the Christianity' they desire.
"sell everything you have and follow me"
My Aux Bishop, Bishop Piche of the Minneapolis/Saint Paul, lives in a cramped studio apartment with little amenities.
Pope Francis lives in a similar apartment.
By virtue of their order, they make a vow of poverty. That doesn't mean they don't eat well and travel by modern means. But they do not own stocks, bonds and other assets.
I know of no Catholic Priest who lives lavishly.
I AM NOT A RICH MAN...

JESUS SAID

Luk 16:10 He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much.

Luk 16:11 If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches?

Luk 16:12 And if ye have not been faithful in that which is another man's, who shall give you that which is your own?

Luk 16:13 No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and -->mammon.<--

-->MAMMON.<--DEFINED IN GREEK AS USED IN LUKE 16:13...

G3126
&#956;&#945;&#956; &#956;&#969;&#957; &#945;&#834;&#962;
mammo&#772;nas
mam-mo-nas'
Of Chaldee origin (confidence, that is, figuratively wealth, personified); mammonas, that is,-->avarice<--(deified ):- mammon.

-->Avarice<-- DEFINED BY WEVSTER
AV'ARICE, n.[L. avaritia, from avarus, from aveo, to covet.]

An inordinate desire of gaining and possessing wealth; covetousness; greediness or insatiable desire of gain.

Avarice sheds a blasting influence over the finest affections and sweetest comforts of mankind.

WHEN A CATHOLIC PRIEST ...PROMISES TO PRAY A SOUL OUT OF PURGATORY

(A NON EXISTING PLACE ....THAT IS FIGMENT OF THEIR IMAGINATION)

THAT GOES PAST AVARICE... INTO BILKING AND THEFT BY DECEPTION...

WHEN INDULGENCES ARE SOLD ...THAT IS COMMON THEFT IN THE NAME OF GOD..

WHEN ABSOLUTION IS PRACTICES...FOR MONEY

...PROMISING A MAN ETERNAL LIFE

WITH OUT ANY PROOF FROM THE BIBLE TO VALIDATE SUCH A PRACTICE...

THAT IS MERCHANDISING IN HUMAN SOULS

Luk 16:14 And the Pharisees also, who were covetous, heard all these things: and they derided him.

Luk 16:15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#473837 Aug 28, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
My post is about what the Bible says concerning the benefits BOTH SPIRITUALLY AND PHYSICALLY that REAL Christian receives at Calvary...
AS FOR THE SUBJECT OF RICHES/WEALTH...
NO ONE KNOWS THE TREMENDOUS VOLUME OF WEALTH THAT IS HOARDED IN THE VATICAN
IN ROME ITALY..and the real estate and businesses that ARE operated
(TAX FREE) across the world
WHILE IT'S CONSTITUENTS TAKE AN OATH OF POVERTY...
AND MILLIONS DIE OF STARVATION EVERY DAY...
How the Rev Joel Osteen handles his financial affairs is not the subject here in this forum...
LAST I READ ....THE SUBJECT IS...
I personally do not care for those people, however since clay brought it up. the senior mr osteen was very wealthy and left this estate to his son. there is no sin that accompanies that transfer.

however the subject was about you and I, and it did not contain anything about wealth. just our calling and that is in the hands of God, not clay nor any of his cohorts, who have been found to not be very trustworthy.

when clay is showed to be lying, he quickly changes the subject, but he need not worry, his lifestyle has been guaranteed by no less a personage than that of Regina.
LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#473839 Aug 28, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Great post, particularly the 4 qualities.
How are you doing Herme, nice seeing you on the thread.
I hope you are feeling much better then this time last year.
My sweety isn't doing well, spent hours in the hospital a couple of nights ago.
He is in a lot of pain Herme

Location hidden

#473840 Aug 28, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not Christ OR the Church. It's Christ AND the Church.
Christ is not incidental to His church and you cannot separate them. Protestantism requires that you do in order to justify your existence, but it's incorrect.
If you want to believe that fine .

It's,Jesus,Christ ..the Cross ..And NOTHING.

Peter ..your Pope ..indulgences,..nothing to do with Salvation .

PETER was,NOT AT THE CROSS ..NONE but Jesus,died for us,..Peter spread the WORD ..

The way to the FATHER IS,through Jesus ...

You want to believe it was something else...That HIS,SACRIFICE was NOT
sufficient ....be my guest ..

Belief in Jesus ..FAITH .

I'm glad for you that you are happy in your faith ..But

Peter would never sit on a throne ..having people kiss his ring .

Location hidden

#473841 Aug 28, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, instigator...get out of my face or I'll give you a reason to say the things you've been saying. And I guarantee you won't sit back and laugh this time. You're playing a dangerous game, Sera. Now back off.
You best think twice and make sure there are no skeletons in you closet..
Chuck

Ashburn, VA

#473842 Aug 28, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony?? The same Tony you detest because he's a homosexual? That Tony? You people take "the enemy of your enemy is your friend" to new heights. Or lows, depending on how you look at it.
Get lost.
Tony...as in your catholic friend Anthony.
You`'re pathetic

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#473843 Aug 28, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
Snipped for space.
I have posted scripture over and over and over Oxbow.
I also answered your question,more than once.
You reject my answers,that is why I said I give up,then asked you to explain it to me,which you still haven't.
Are you sure you are a Southern Baptist?

Southern Baptist articles of faith;

God
There is one and only one living and true God. He is an intelligent, spiritual, and personal Being, the Creator, Redeemer, Preserver, and Ruler of the universe. God is infinite in holiness and all other perfections. God is all powerful and all knowing; and His perfect knowledge extends to all things, past, present, and future, including the future decisions of His free creatures. To Him we owe the highest love, reverence, and obedience. The eternal triune God reveals Himself to us as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, with distinct personal attributes, but without division of nature, essence, or being.

Continued...

Location hidden

#473844 Aug 28, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
How are you doing Herme, nice seeing you on the thread.
I hope you are feeling much better then this time last year.
My sweety isn't doing well, spent hours in the hospital a couple of nights ago.
He is in a lot of pain Herme
Sorry to hear that. whats going on? We will add him to our prayers and you as well.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#473845 Aug 28, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you answer my question? If you don't know what it means, why did you quote it?????!!!!!
Continuing...
Southern Baptist Articles of faith;
B. God the Son
Christ is the eternal Son of God. In His incarnation as Jesus Christ He was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. Jesus perfectly revealed and did the will of God, taking upon Himself human nature with its demands and necessities and identifying Himself completely with mankind yet without sin. He honored the divine law by His personal obedience, and in His substitutionary death on the cross He made provision for the redemption of men from sin. He was raised from the dead with a glorified body and appeared to His disciples as the person who was with them before His crucifixion. He ascended into heaven and is now exalted at the right hand of God where He is the One Mediator,
fully God, fully man, in whose Person is effected the reconciliation between God and man. He will return in power and glory to judge the world and to consummate His redemptive mission. He now dwells in all believers as the living and ever present Lord.

Genesis 18:1ff.; Psalms 2:7ff.; 110:1ff.; Isaiah 7:14; 53; Matthew 1:18-23; 3:17; 8:29; 11:27; 14:33; 16:16,27; 17:5; 27; 28:1-6,19; Mark 1:1; 3:11; Luke 1:35; 4:41; 22:70; 24:46; John 1:1-18,29; 10:30,38; 11:25-27; 12:44-50; 14:7-11; 16:15-16,28; 17:1-5, 21-22; 20:1-20,28; Acts 1:9; 2:22-24; 7:55-56; 9:4-5,20; Romans 1:3-4; 3:23-26; 5:6-21; 8:1-3,34; 10:4; 1 Corinthians 1:30; 2:2; 8:6; 15:1-8,24-28; 2 Corinthians 5:19-21; 8:9; Galatians 4:4-5; Ephesians 1:20; 3:11; 4:7-10; Philippians 2:5-11; Colossians 1:13-22; 2:9; 1 Thessalonians 4:14-18; 1 Timothy 2:5-6; 3:16; Titus 2:13-14; Hebrews 1:1-3; 4:14-15; 7:14-28; 9:12-15,24-28; 12:2; 13:8; 1 Peter 2:21-25; 3:22; 1 John 1:7-9; 3:2; 4:14-15; 5:9; 2 John 7-9; Revelation 1:13-16; 5:9-14; 12:10-11; 13:8; 19:16.

Continued...
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#473846 Aug 28, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I personally do not care for those people, however since clay brought it up. the senior mr osteen was very wealthy and left this estate to his son. there is no sin that accompanies that transfer.
however the subject was about you and I, and it did not contain anything about wealth. just our calling and that is in the hands of God, not clay nor any of his cohorts, who have been found to not be very trustworthy.
when clay is showed to be lying, he quickly changes the subject, but he need not worry, his lifestyle has been guaranteed by no less a personage than that of Regina.
Please show me where I've ever lied and I promise to confess my lie. I have stated things before, that I thought was truth, but I was wrong. But that's not a sin because I wasn't consciously aware of it.
You and Confrint, however, knowingly continue with your debunked form of sola scripture. That is called a lie.
Chuck

Ashburn, VA

#473847 Aug 28, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, instigator...get out of my face or I'll give you a reason to say the things you've been saying. And I guarantee you won't sit back and laugh this time. You're playing a dangerous game, Sera. Now back off.
Lol..show us your true catholic colors. Show us what comes out of your mouth. It's breeding Regina...let it out lol

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#473848 Aug 28, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>hello Nice to see you! How is your wife doing??
Thank you for asking..

THEY TOOK THE STAPLES OUT OF HER HIP YESTERDAY, AND REPLACED THE CAST ON HER ARM..

..She did not sleep very well last night..

So to day was not one of her best...

But SHE WILL RECOVER AND BE BACK HOME..

She wanted to attend the family reunion this weekend

but that is out of the question...

THANKS YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS..

G.I.F.
LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#473849 Aug 28, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Rose, Nicks illness has been a life changing event for both Nick and myself.We have learn not to dwell on the small stuff and to surround ourself with positive people and to keep each other, family and friends close.But most of all to keep God in our lifes and in our hearts...
Wonderful attitude Sere, You and Nick reminds me of me and my Husband.
We have been together 43 years, he has been going through a rough time the last few years, he has to wear a catheter all the time.
He isn't as sick as Herme, but in a lot of pain at times.
I pray God keeps you both strong , your faith is very encouraging .
God Bless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 5 min Catcher1 9,374
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Lonestar 64,188
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min who 281,902
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 9 min Halle Berry Sister 3,826
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 17 min True Faithful Slave 618,744
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 30 min True Faithful Slave 45,255
Why should I rage and and curse at God? 48 min Frustrated and angry 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr God Damned Holy S... 973,863
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 hr Annaleigh 106,551
first gay experience? (Sep '14) Sat andy 43
More from around the web