Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 682005 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#473772 Aug 28, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Great cover up! LOL but most people here are not mind readers nor have a crystal ball.Those letters were taken as they were meant to be....now your letters were to prove your point which was only to cover up Reginas boo boo...lol
Regina didn't make a boo boo. She didn't cuss at Chuck. Her supposed cuss word was not directed at Chuck. She did not call Chuck a cuss word. Understand?
I'm getting involved with this because Chuck immediately blasted me for not condemning Regina for swearing at him... I'm beginning to wonder if Chuck is actually Ox because of the word play he uses- especially with sacred scripture.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#473773 Aug 28, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
Where is that Egyptian Coptic Mountie from Canada? Catholics? hop will play the role tonight. need the name for the program.
Hopefully Obama,will not allow a military strike on Syria.The both sides that are fighting each other are our enemies,and enemies of Europe. So let them fight it out.We cannot prove that Asad or the Al Qaida are the ones who are using chemical weapons.

What a horrible war,to say the least.Egypt is on the brink as well.

They need to get back to normal,so much history,and tourism in that great nation.The Bible prophesies concerning Egypt are both good and bad,they can be found in Ezekiel.So many Coptics and Orthodox in Egypt,a substantial amount of Catholics,and many Evangelicals as well.

I will keep you in my prayers HS.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#473774 Aug 28, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
The argument is sufficient for Rose. Your opinion notwithstanding. I don't see Christ in you or your wife, far from it, so not sure how you can claim to recognize Him in anyone else. But thank you for the insults you've been delivering all day. It's what we've been told to expect and is a beautiful opportunity, so again, thank you.
Btw, where are the links you've been asked for? Chuck will be proud of your attempts at deflection.
You will have to work a little harder and actually do research rather than copy from a couple sites.I put a lot of time and work into what I post. Do your own work.
Just Sayin

Clarksville, TN

#473775 Aug 28, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Human reasoning is fine if that is a far as you want to go Just Sayin,but the truth is I know that a statue is not a person.But Catholics form attachments to statues,especially if they pray before them,reciting rosaries and praying rote prayers before them,candles and all.Not many Catholics do such,but I have seen those that did.
<snip>
nd Eve reasoned within themselves,and their reasoning seemed practical and wonderful,but they disobeyed the Father,He told them later.But it is no different for us,a statue in and of itself would seem so harmless,it cannot hear or speak.It is beauritful to look at,but GOD,BUT G O D, told His people never to make them.How is it okay for the followers of Jesus His Son to make millions of such things,adorn their churches with them and venerate them with great pomp,rituals,songs,canticles and so on? That escapes my reasoning as a believer."
as for me and my household we will serve the Lord." I quote this to confirm that we will not have such things in our midst,nor will we worship where they are mounted on the main altars of churches.
It is a powerful thing to serve the Lord,dear ones,and often we are required not to go along with the flow,even if it seems ridiculous!
If Catholics, or anyone else for that matter, form any attachment toward praying before statues, it's about the praying, not the statues. Catholics, and others, get attached to praying the Rosary, not to the statue. Catholics, and others, get attached to loving God more as time goes on, not to the statues. I don't get your hang up about them. In the OT, God forbade the making of statues for the purpose of worshiping them. Later on it is recorded that He commanded statues be made, not to be worshiped, which probably no one did, but in order to manifest physically things of the spiritual nature. Why? Because people experience life through their senses. We are not solely spiritual beings.
You are free to shy away from physical reminders of things which are in heaven. But other people find such physical reminders (statues, sculptures, paintings, cathedrals, songs, and incense) to be very helpful in reminding them of the eternal.
Do you not feel like the heavens have opened up to you when listening to Handel's Messiah?
It's the same kind of thing with other physical representations.
Nobody is worshiping Handel or the cd player or the table upon which the cd player rests.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#473776 Aug 28, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
The argument is sufficient for Rose. Your opinion notwithstanding. I don't see Christ in you or your wife, far from it, so not sure how you can claim to recognize Him in anyone else. But thank you for the insults you've been delivering all day. It's what we've been told to expect and is a beautiful opportunity, so again, thank you.
Btw, where are the links you've been asked for? Chuck will be proud of your attempts at deflection.
Nick and I are more Christ like than you are...you have proven many times over that YOu are the topix bully.It is YOU that has to throw in the insults to prove your point.Hermi is just playing by your rules. The only rules you know how to play with...BTW...hit the books lol
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#473777 Aug 28, 2013
Where is that Egyptian Coptic Mountie from Canada? Catholics? hop will play the role tonight. need the name for the program.
If you're talking about that IXE guy or whatever, there is no way that was a Catholic impersonating an Orthodox. He said stuff was clearly against Catholicism. He seemed to do a good job of conveying the Orthodox view.
To be honest Herm, between John from NJ, you and Sera, and this IXE guy, I'm confused as ever on Orthodox teaching. I try and research it myself and still find it hard to define.

Location hidden

#473778 Aug 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Regina didn't make a boo boo. She didn't cuss at Chuck. Her supposed cuss word was not directed at Chuck. She did not call Chuck a cuss word. Understand?
I'm getting involved with this because Chuck immediately blasted me for not condemning Regina for swearing at him... I'm beginning to wonder if Chuck is actually Ox because of the word play he uses- especially with sacred scripture.
u are correct. She did not call him B.s but she mean B.s to be you know what lol at what he said..

Location hidden

#473779 Aug 28, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Hopefully Obama,will not allow a military strike on Syria.The both sides that are fighting each other are our enemies,and enemies of Europe. So let them fight it out.We cannot prove that Asad or the Al Qaida are the ones who are using chemical weapons.
What a horrible war,to say the least.Egypt is on the brink as well.
They need to get back to normal,so much history,and tourism in that great nation.The Bible prophesies concerning Egypt are both good and bad,they can be found in Ezekiel.So many Coptics and Orthodox in Egypt,a substantial amount of Catholics,and many Evangelicals as well.
I will keep you in my prayers HS.
Thanks Pad.In always learn from your posts. Very fair. Very well thought out.Thank you for your prayers. I can definitely see that you are one of the forces for good.

Location hidden

#473781 Aug 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're talking about that IXE guy or whatever, there is no way that was a Catholic impersonating an Orthodox. He said stuff was clearly against Catholicism. He seemed to do a good job of conveying the Orthodox view.
To be honest Herm, between John from NJ, you and Sera, and this IXE guy, I'm confused as ever on Orthodox teaching. I try and research it myself and still find it hard to define.
I was going to respond re ICXC but a pig just flew by me.Wow!! Look at that Porker go!!!!

Location hidden

#473782 Aug 28, 2013
<quoted text>I went to doctors over the course of 2 years. Noone could diagnose my illness.
They tried pulmonary hypertension 1 and said hypertension Hyper 1 is usually terminal but they would give me quality of life. But " we are not sure what you have"
Another thought and told me I might have cancer but the tests came back negative.
Then I was told I had hypertension 2 but again "we are not sure what you have".
Another did a lung biopsy. The results were sent to 3 Pathology labs over time. I was told it just doesn't fit anywhere. We will say it is B.O.O.P.But there are parts of your illness that dont fit the diagnosis.
The last thing that was said to me by a highly respected Dr was " sometimes there is just not a name for it"
Rose asked people here to pray for me. Rose contacted 2 monasteries in our area and asked for their prayers.One did 40 Liturgies over 40 days for me.
After waiting 2 years, within 3 days a rheumatologist called and I had a diagnosis. The blood test results were very clear and very positive for this immune disease which is a kind of arthritis of the lungs. Rare but sometimes someone gets this in the lungs without it appearing in the joints.
Our Lord Jesus Christ, my Savior, my Hope, my Healer, my Eternity. Like the blind man on the side of the road: " Jesus, Son of David have mercy on me, a sinner."
I love you!
Pad

Rockford, IL

#473783 Aug 28, 2013
<quoted text>I went to doctors over the course of 2 years. Noone could diagnose my illness.
They tried pulmonary hypertension 1 and said hypertension Hyper 1 is usually terminal but they would give me quality of life. But " we are not sure what you have"
Another thought and told me I might have cancer but the tests came back negative.
Then I was told I had hypertension 2 but again "we are not sure what you have".
Another did a lung biopsy. The results were sent to 3 Pathology labs over time. I was told it just doesn't fit anywhere. We will say it is B.O.O.P.But there are parts of your illness that dont fit the diagnosis.
The last thing that was said to me by a highly respected Dr was " sometimes there is just not a name for it"
Rose asked people here to pray for me. Rose contacted 2 monasteries in our area and asked for their prayers.One did 40 Liturgies over 40 days for me.
After waiting 2 years, within 3 days a rheumatologist called and I had a diagnosis. The blood test results were very clear and very positive for this immune disease which is a kind of arthritis of the lungs. Rare but sometimes someone gets this in the lungs without it appearing in the joints.
Our Lord Jesus Christ, my Savior, my Hope, my Healer, my Eternity. Like the blind man on the side of the road: " Jesus, Son of David have mercy on me, a sinner."
I do not envy you dear brother.Like everyone else,I can bring you to the throne of GRACE,and ask the Lord to work on your behalf,as you also believe He is your Hope,Healer and Savior.Jesus covered it all on Calvary,that is He took our infirmities as well as our iniquities upon Himself.But we will leave that with Him who knows everything.

Every hair on your head is counted,is there anything to difficult for Him? Encourage yourself everyday HS.Keep bringing all that you are to Him,and ask Him to speak to your heart.It is your time HS. to commune more deeply with your Creator.He wants you to come to Him,bring all to Him,and He will answer.There is nothing hidden from His sight.But remember this and be content in knowing God is all the Good things we say about Him,but He is not angry or mad with you. But more important pray with boldness,and know that He is ALL that you could possibly know or think about Him as your Creator.

Read Isaiah 53,slowly,and see that our Lord Jesus is the One Isaiah the Prophet is speaking about!!!God Bless! DAN.
Regina

Bloomfield, NJ

#473784 Aug 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I meant to thank you earlier, Clay. You're right, of course. I did not curse at anyone by saying that something was B.S. Chuck (remember when they used to call him Chuckles, lol) likes to call names and demean Catholics. He's a bit afraid of Anthony but he used to call him names, too. Now he's one of Sera's new friends. Gee, I wonder why?? Oldj and Ox who just dragged the Blessed Mother through the mud yet again are also her close friends, so I need say no more. You should just ignore chuck, he only comes on here looking for a chance to belittle. I wouldn't give it to him if I were you, no matter how many times he posts to you. Let him bust.
Just Sayin

Clarksville, TN

#473785 Aug 28, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no proof that this occurred.
It is correct men wrote the texts within the Bible, men chose the texts to be included within the Bible. The HS had nothing to do with it.
Unless you think the HS inspired an additional 300+ men, besides the many unknown authors of the NT texts. Do you?
<quoted text>
Good. What teachings are you missing or not following?
<quoted text>
You don't know this, so why state it?
Please state where "God" specifically lists which texts are inspired and which are not. Please post the date that corresponds to this specific statement.
<quoted text>
DOyou have any proof of this, or is this what you want to believe?
Jesus never called himself "God the Son", why do you?
<quoted text>
Two different statements, that neither have anything to do with each other.
True, in that the "truth can be known" - when we die.
False conclusion to state that you know "God" intimately enough to establish that he is the "unchanging Creator of the Universe".
- There is no proof that any god exists or existed. It is just a belief that was formulated by men for men to control others.
Why do you think those men were accurate, considering their limited access of "God" and that they are fallible?
<quoted text>
No - faith is learned.
<quoted text>
...says men, not "God".
<quoted text>
...says men, not "God"
<quoted text>
How so? You only believe in a portion of Jesus.
You clearly refuse to believe Jesus when he states:
(3) Jesus says:
(1) "If those who lead you say to you:‘Look, the kingdom is in the sky!’
then the birds of the sky will precede you.
(2) If they say to you:‘It is in the sea,’ then the fishes will precede you.
(3) Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and outside of you."
(4) "When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known,
and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.
(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty."
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
You must like believing what men have told you.
One does not need men or any organization to believe or love "God". They just need to make a personal decision to do so.
No religion required. No words required. Nothing is required, except a decision to do so.
<quoted text>
More requirements, but yet you can't post where these requirements have been stated by "God".
You'll post all other pseudo-sources, but never a statement by "God".
*sighs*
<<continued>>
Why do you continue to ask for "proof" then say "that's no proof"?
Why do you continue to accuse others of just following men when you do the same?
Why do you press others for their beliefs then back off when asked about yours?
Why do you always accuse others of having psuedo-sources when yours are even more psuedo?
Why do you ask for "a statement by God" when you know full well we have such statements which you already reject?
You are trying to converse with a bunch of Christians and are continually befuddled why they believe as Christians do?
We do not accept as reliable any gnostic writings which you apparently adhere to. It's that simple.
Jesus never said the kingdom of heaven is inside you.
That is the opposite of Christianity.
You would do better perhaps to get on the Buddhist thread and teach them how to be spiritual.
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#473786 Aug 28, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
If Catholics, or anyone else for that matter, form any attachment toward praying before statues, it's about the praying, not the statues. Catholics, and others, get attached to praying the Rosary, not to the statue. Catholics, and others, get attached to loving God more as time goes on, not to the statues. I don't get your hang up about them. In the OT, God forbade the making of statues for the purpose of worshiping them. Later on it is recorded that He commanded statues be made, not to be worshiped, which probably no one did, but in order to manifest physically things of the spiritual nature. Why? Because people experience life through their senses. We are not solely spiritual beings.
You are free to shy away from physical reminders of things which are in heaven. But other people find such physical reminders (statues, sculptures, paintings, cathedrals, songs, and incense) to be very helpful in reminding them of the eternal.
Do you not feel like the heavens have opened up to you when listening to Handel's Messiah?
It's the same kind of thing with other physical representations.
Nobody is worshiping Handel or the cd player or the table upon which the cd player rests.
Pad's an idiot. There are no attachment to statues. lol. My parents had a beautiful statue of the Virgin Mary in their garden. It highlighted the whole yard. It depicted her praying with her head slightly tilted. I broke it while playing baseball.... knocked her head right off. oops. We put it in the garbage and the next spring my Mom got another one. True story.
These fundies need to believe we worship those statues. They need to believe allot of things about us..
Regina

Bloomfield, NJ

#473787 Aug 28, 2013
<quoted text>You will have to work a little harder and actually do research rather than copy from a couple sites.I put a lot of time and work into what I post. Do your own work.
lol, nice try.....

Location hidden

#473788 Aug 28, 2013
<quoted text>I was going to respond re ICXC but a pig just flew by me.Wow!! Look at that Porker go!!!!
Catch him honey and we'll have pork chops for dinner!...lol
Just Sayin

Clarksville, TN

#473789 Aug 28, 2013
<quoted text>
...as said by men.
<quoted text>
Well, I gotta give you credit for at least acknowledging that honesty can be spoken by yourself.
In other words, you don't know what the HS or "God" can or cannot do, so please don't claim you can.
<quoted text>
Darn tootin' you can't say, because you don't know.
Not one living person on this planet can justify soemthing as being inspired and something is not. Only men make these decisions and you follow right along on their coat-tails expressing the same.
Why do you believe men over Jesus?
<quoted text>
Yes you are.
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
"Jesus said" - appears alot - indicating a teaching by Jesus
Strike one.
ttp://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/g th_pat_rob.htm
"1 The teaching [of the Savi]or and the re[vel]ation of the mysteries [together with the things] hidden in silence a[nd those (things) w]hich he taught to Joh[n, his dis]ciple."
Strike two.
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/dialog.html
"The Savior said to his disciples,"
Strike three.
You say:
"Not one living person on this planet can justify soemthing as being inspired and something is not"
Yet you claim you know what is inspired and what is not.
Either that or you believe everything is inspired.
What kind of God do you believe in?

We CAN describe attributes of God. We as Christians can. But you can't or you won't.
Our God is Love. His attributes are described in Scripture as the fruits of the Holy Spirit.
You know yourself who you'd rather hang around; someone with violent hatred with a tenuous grasp on reality, or someone who is loving and respectful toward you.
You know in your heart what feels "right" and "good". And you know what feels painful, ugly, and diminishing.

Location hidden

#473790 Aug 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Pad's an idiot. There are no attachment to statues. lol. My parents had a beautiful statue of the Virgin Mary in their garden. It highlighted the whole yard. It depicted her praying with her head slightly tilted. I broke it while playing baseball.... knocked her head right off. oops. We put it in the garbage and the next spring my Mom got another one. True story.
These fundies need to believe we worship those statues. They need to believe allot of things about us..
Our lab did that to Saint Frances, decapitated him with her leash....got a lot of compliments about him when he had his head on.

Location hidden

#473791 Aug 28, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I do not envy you dear brother.Like everyone else,I can bring you to the throne of GRACE,and ask the Lord to work on your behalf,as you also believe He is your Hope,Healer and Savior.Jesus covered it all on Calvary,that is He took our infirmities as well as our iniquities upon Himself.But we will leave that with Him who knows everything.
Every hair on your head is counted,is there anything to difficult for Him? Encourage yourself everyday HS.Keep bringing all that you are to Him,and ask Him to speak to your heart.It is your time HS. to commune more deeply with your Creator.He wants you to come to Him,bring all to Him,and He will answer.There is nothing hidden from His sight.But remember this and be content in knowing God is all the Good things we say about Him,but He is not angry or mad with you. But more important pray with boldness,and know that He is ALL that you could possibly know or think about Him as your Creator.
Read Isaiah 53,slowly,and see that our Lord Jesus is the One Isaiah the Prophet is speaking about!!!God Bless! DAN.
Your post was deeply moving. May God Bless you.
Just Sayin

Clarksville, TN

#473792 Aug 28, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Just Sayin,I told you what I am able to reject,but you added much more to it,that which I do not reject.
I do not reject what the Biblical basis for Sacraments are,and I definitely do not reject almsgiving,or fasting.Try not to stretch the things I say,and I will not try to stretch yours as well.
There is nothing about my Lord that I can diminish,because to me to reject the Deity of Christ is to MISS totally the whole Gospel of Jesus Christ.The INCARNATION is the first Doctrine of our Lord Jesus that proclaims with all greatness and truth,that HE is GOD in the flesh,Immanuel God with us. There are no such things as superheroes in heaven.Jesus is not a super human creation,but He is begooten of the Father,One in substance with the Father,NOT created.
The garden of Gethsemane,His trial,the Scourging,the Crown of Thorns,Carrying His Cross,being nailed to that cross,all He said while on the Cross,the wound to His side,and His saying IT IS FINISHED,HIS death,and finally His Resurrection all point to His Deity,that God became MAN dwelt amongst us,and was put to death for our sins.ONLY God could know how to redeem His people,and the whole human race!
Christ is our Authority,and we know it through believing the Word,and the Holy Spirit who witnesses to our spirit.It is the revelation of the Lord Jesus.He alone is our authority,because the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit are sufficient within the ONE True God,forever and ever!
Will be back later,have to run for now!
You so beautiful described Jesus' final days here on earth. You are aware, I'm sure, that the 10 Sorrowful Mysteries of the Rosary are all about those events? What is wrong with meditation on them? Your bone to pick is because some people hold beads while meditating on them?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min nanoanomaly 123,981
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 20 min nanoanomaly 982,422
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 29 min UnstoppableTrump 8,006
News Teacher back in class after Bush-Hitler comparison (Mar '06) 1 hr Johnny 171
Interracial experience-Mexican men and Black women (Jul '12) 1 hr Ese678-9 153
Check Ppl Out 4Free B4 U Rent 2 Them!! 2 hr Plain truth 1
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 hr DENG 121,929
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 hr onemales son 286,500
More from around the web