Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654399 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#473725 Aug 28, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
It is true that satan works his evil where ever he can and always tries to corrupt what is good, righteous, and true.
The Catholic Church is by no means perfect in all that She does. She is only infallible in teaching matters of Faith and Morals. Certainly, like every other group of people, there are sinners of all stripes. That, if nothing else, unifies the entire world.
I am aware that not everyone believes the things the CC teaches, nor do they worship the way the CC does. You are free to not accept the Apparitions and all other private revelations. You are free to not wear the scapular, pray the rosary, fast, and give alms. You are free to refuse to venerate the saints. You are free to reject the Sacraments. You are free to reject all spiritual authority which is over you. You are certainly free to skip Church on Sunday's as well. You are free to reject any and all doctrine which has been taught and believed since the time of Christ. You are absolutely free to reject anything you choose to reject and tailor make "christianity" to suit yourself.
(Just saying that is what so many people do. I'm not accusing you of these things.)
Something to think about though: Oxbox steadily claims he is Christian, yet he doesn't believe that Jesus is God the Son. So, the question is...how much "Christianity" can you throw out before you are no longer "Christian"?
And sometimes maybe ..how to say this nicely ..all Catholics on here DO not reflect Catholic or Christian teaching . I have come across one or two ...well ..let's leave it at that

Same for some non Catholics ..some reflect the teachings of Christ ...some do not ..And in some cases,maybe there is a confusion they cannot help??

Just sayin.:)

Since: Sep 09

Surrey, Canada

#473726 Aug 28, 2013
Pad wrote:
I have a Jewish Bible,written by the Jewish press,and circulated to all Jewish congregations throughout the Chicago area.
This Bible brings out the ten commandments,but I will post what it says:
First commandment of the LORD GOD to Moses EXODUS
I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.
YOU shall have no other gods beside me.
You shall not make for yourself any idols in the shape of anything that is in heaven above,or that is on the earth below, or that is in the water under the earth.
You shall not bow down to them nor worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing children for the sins of their fathers, down to the third or fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing kindness to the thousandth generation of those who love me and keep my commandments.
You shall not utter the name of the Lord your God in vain; for the Lord will not hold guiltless anyone who utters his name in vain.
Perhaps you can say we do not do that,but you broke the commandment from the start by making the statues,carved,and enshrined to begin with,whether you worship them or not is immaterial,you already disobeyed the LORD.
The Jewish bible was written by Jew FOR only Jews that were faithful to Judaism.

The Catholic new testament was written by ex-Jew Catholics that preached that ONLY Catholics were loved by the god.

If you can't see the lies ... you want to stay blind.

Each theologian wrote to and for ONLY the followers of his own "specific" religion.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#473727 Aug 28, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
People chose and continue to choose on what to believe.
Yes - Judaism does not believe Jesus was the "Messiah".
Whether or not he was an actual "messiah" has never been determined.
IMO - Jesus never actually stated he was any religion's messiah, but did state much about how the Spirit lives after we die, and his message should be accepted. Some folks took it to the extrememand consider him to be that "Messiah" that has yet to arrive for Judaism.
<quoted text>
Then post the proof you have to prove that, instead of something created in the past five years.
A YouTube video is not proof, but only an opinion.
Also, books = opinion
You aren't proving anythign JS....c'mon, stop trying to appease men.
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
You really want me to post an entire book on topix?.
Is this how YOU divert? I didn't ask you to post anything like that. I ask for you to post "God" specific statements.

You have failed to do this.

Changingh the subject to whatever you want, as long as you can skip over my questions without answering them is the Catholic way.

If you have any knowledge of religion, you would have posted the response accordingly, instead of avoiding it altogether.

What are you afraid of with posting the truth?
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
You are just playing games, is all. If you were really interested in the proof, you would have ordered the book by now..
Funny - considering you haven't posted any "book" reference, here you are admonishing me for not even ordering a "book".

DOH!!
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead, you swipe it all away with the back of your hand and claim no proof has been offered. Very insincere.
You haven't posted any proof. When you do, I will respond accordingly. Until then, and more than likely, you and others who have had this question posed to them, will continue to avoid answering it, and carry the burden of arrogance as much as you do.

One day you will realize your lies yourself and own up to them.

When you do, that is the day of being "born again", and you will feel the freedoms from this world, as Jesus also expressed.

I don't play games, nor do I post through insincerity. So your perception ans assessment of my is grossly inaccurate and mistaken.

Surrey, Canada

#473729 Aug 28, 2013
<quoted text>
In the least, Thomas was a first gen-Apostle, thus it can be considered a first-hand account.
Now if we were to compare that text with something by "Paul", who was a third generation disciple, you can now understand the difference between the two accounts.
June - all it does is require you to take some time researching.
You are not living in that generation and you don't even acknowledge that the Gnostics were split into approximately fifty different groups even back then, because they couldn't agree even on their own dogmas.

From what I have studied, the Catholic gospels were the first to be compiled as Christianity ... even though they didn't get those gospels compiled into the new testament until the fourth century.

The Gnostic gospels came later.

How you can believe that you Gnosticism is based on absolute truth is not a mystery to me. It is common practice of all people in religion to choose their favorite myths and brag that the myths are based on truth.

You keep suggesting I haven't researched, but you are wrong.

I've spent most of my life researching historical data and comparing one tale of religion to another tale of religion.

That is why I am no longer IN any religion ... including your specialty.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#473730 Aug 28, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"The Lord's Supper is a symbolic act of obedience whereby members of the church"
Uh huh. Book, chapter and verse where the Lord's Supper is called symbolic.
Matthew 3:13-17; 26:26-30; 28:19-20; Mark 1:9-11; 14:22-26; Luke 3:21-22; 22:19-20; John 3:23; Acts 2:41-42; 8:35-39; 16:30-33; 20:7; Romans 6:3-5; 1 Corinthians 10:16,21; 11:23-29; Colossians 2:12.

There is no salvation in this symbolic act of obedience.
Regina

Bloomfield, NJ

#473731 Aug 28, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
It is true that satan works his evil where ever he can and always tries to corrupt what is good, righteous, and true.
The Catholic Church is by no means perfect in all that She does. She is only infallible in teaching matters of Faith and Morals. Certainly, like every other group of people, there are sinners of all stripes. That, if nothing else, unifies the entire world.
I am aware that not everyone believes the things the CC teaches, nor do they worship the way the CC does. You are free to not accept the Apparitions and all other private revelations. You are free to not wear the scapular, pray the rosary, fast, and give alms. You are free to refuse to venerate the saints. You are free to reject the Sacraments. You are free to reject all spiritual authority which is over you. You are certainly free to skip Church on Sunday's as well. You are free to reject any and all doctrine which has been taught and believed since the time of Christ. You are absolutely free to reject anything you choose to reject and tailor make "christianity" to suit yourself.
(Just saying that is what so many people do. I'm not accusing you of these things.)
Something to think about though: Oxbox steadily claims he is Christian, yet he doesn't believe that Jesus is God the Son. So, the question is...how much "Christianity" can you throw out before you are no longer "Christian"?
That's what we usually end up arguing...at what point does Christianity become unrecognizable and is no longer the same faith? Ox will eventually post something the protestants here agree with and he'll become their "brother" again. Particularly if it's an anti-Catholic slur. But the fact remains that if he truly doesn't believe that Jesus is God, he isn't a Christian. That's really no different than believing that the Blessed Mother was an incubator since that's a denial of the Incarnation. Sadly, except for a few, most here have created their own faith simply because of a refusal to submit themselves to the authority of the Church so clearly spelled out in Scripture, and which existed before one word of Scripture was ever written.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#473732 Aug 28, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Do you presume to know what Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit can and cant do.Do you presume to know the exact guidelines and limits by which Christ will save us. Do you open and close the highways by which the Holy Spirit travels. Does your Pope? Does your Church? Christ so surpasses us and our Church's knowledge of Him that if we truly understand Who Christ is and what He did and does for us, we should become in relationship and union with Him and quit lecturing people about THEIR church.
Could not have said that better.

The focus should always be on Jesus ..the Father ..the Spirit which
Dwells among us .

Churches themselves are places TO WORSHIP ..JESUS

Surrey, Canada

#473733 Aug 28, 2013
As you believe you are definitely on a "spiritual" journey ... where do you believe your journey will end, and do you believe that you will end the journey of enlightenment in eternal bliss with a god ... or simply with other "enlightened spirits?"

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#473734 Aug 28, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
I give up.
You explain what "God with us" means in that verse.
You quoted that particular verse...if you don't know what it means, why did you quote it?????!!!!!

Surrey, Canada

#473735 Aug 28, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 3:13-17; 26:26-30; 28:19-20; Mark 1:9-11; 14:22-26; Luke 3:21-22; 22:19-20; John 3:23; Acts 2:41-42; 8:35-39; 16:30-33; 20:7; Romans 6:3-5; 1 Corinthians 10:16,21; 11:23-29; Colossians 2:12.
There is no salvation in this symbolic act of obedience.
Isaiah 45:7 CJB
Complete Jewish Bible

I form light, I create darkness; I make well-being, I create woe; I, ADONAI, do all these things.
Read Isaiah 45 CJB | Read Isaiah 45:7 CJB in parallel

Albuquerque, NM

#473736 Aug 28, 2013
Patriot wrote:
Black Death returns: 1 dead in Kyrgyzstan, 3 ill, 131 quarantined – fear rampant
August 28, 2013
http://theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com/20...
----
When the Lamb broke the Fourth Seal, I heard the fourth living being say,“Come!” I looked up and saw a horse whose color was pale green. Its rider was named Death, and his companion was the Grave. These two were given authority over one-fourth of the earth, to kill with the sword (war) and famine and disease (plague) and wild animals.
http://biblehub.com/nlt/revelation/6.htm vs 7,8.
Throughout time GOD has used His "four dreadful judgments" in His dealings with "Wickedness" (see Zechariah 5)-
http://biblehub.com/ezekiel/14-21.htm
The "pale green" mentioned in this article - http://www.thelocal.es/20130826/mystery-meteo... , brings to mind Jesus breaking the fourth seal and this - http://biblehub.com/luke/21-25.htm .
We are entering the Great Tribulation which will include The Trumpets described in "The Revelation of Jesus Christ which GOD gave Him to show..." starting in ch. 8 vs 7 and GOD'S last warning Messages of Revelation 14:6-12 http://biblehub.com/hcsb/revelation/14.htm &
http://biblehub.com/hcsb/revelation/18.htm .
Remember - Christ is our peace with GOD - "It is because of Him (The Father) that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us Wisdom from GOD--that is (Christ Jesus is), our righteousness, holiness and redemption."
http://biblehub.com/1_corinthians/1-30.htm ,
http://biblehub.com/colossians/1-20.htm
Bum-bump-bump....*eerie music begins in the background*

Uh-oh!!

Just to help ease you mind a little.....
- considering on average 150K people die daily, how many deaths do you require, in order to meet your 'end of days' paranoia?

Surrey, Canada

#473737 Aug 28, 2013
Isaiah 45:7 LEB
Lexham English Bible

[I] form light and [I] create darkness; [I] make peace and [I] create evil; I [am] Yahweh; [I] do all these [things].

Read Isaiah 45 LEB | Read Isaiah 45:7 LEB in parallel

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#473738 Aug 28, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you so much again. This really troubled me. You guys came through again. God Bless you.
That goes for me too..some nights we pray together ..Not often enough ..But we pray for your healing ..And sny one else here who needs it ..

For our families ..for their salvation

For peace in the world and ON THIS forum ..we pray in the name of our Lord And Saviour Jesus, Christ
Regina

Bloomfield, NJ

#473739 Aug 28, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
She has every right to be Here as much as you do .
THere are people who ONLY lurk ..do bad icons ..And don't post
Depends on where you see the icons pop up..I imagine as to who is doing them .
If I see pages,of posts with only icons on my posts ...I'm pretty sure of the source .
I imagine others like SERA,feel the same .
Personally unless,I see a truly obnoxious ..nasty and vulgar post .And thankfully this forum is not a place I see them.
.I think icons are childish just because you may not agree with a,poster .
It's like THrowing a temper tantrum instead of stating an opinion .
IMO
I for one miss Nick and SERA,..so I hope they do not leave ..
How about some old fashioned hospitality ..just saying
Also how come you know SO MUCH about icons and changing them .
And why bother..
Yes, you think it's that person who you said is stalking you, posting under different names and following you around topix. I don't know SO MUCH about them and I don't bother.
Good, now that that's cleared up....

Surrey, Canada

#473740 Aug 28, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Could not have said that better.
The focus should always be on Jesus ..the Father ..the Spirit which
Dwells among us .
Churches themselves are places TO WORSHIP ..JESUS
According to theology ... the father created evil. Why do you lie so much and pretend that (within the very plain theology) that a god that creates evil is trustworthy?

WHY???

You people don't know how to tell even a concept of truth and yet you brag that you know absolute truth.

Despicable animals.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#473741 Aug 28, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is tiresome. Regina they do not have a sincere bone in their body. They have told so many lies its dispicable. It is so obvious they are spiteful and have no forgiveness and toss truth aside just so they can be happy in fogged victory in their small minds. Pray for those who are in leadership to diligently study and strive for commonality. Obviously these two just want to babble nonsense and slander. I find them to be beyond detestable. They have the great Apostle Preston and Ox. I would love for Seres so called Catholic friend to come here and see what they are all about. Sad and pathetic.
Feel better...lol

Surrey, Canada

#473742 Aug 28, 2013
Isaiah 45:7 YLT
Young's Literal Translation

Forming light, and preparing darkness, Making peace, and preparing evil, I [am] Jehovah, doing all these things.'

Read Isaiah 45 YLT | Read Isaiah 45:7 YLT in parallel

Albuquerque, NM

#473743 Aug 28, 2013
Patriot wrote:
Black Death returns: 1 dead in Kyrgyzstan, 3 ill, 131 quarantined – fear rampant
August 28, 2013
http://theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com/20...
----
When the Lamb broke the Fourth Seal, I heard the fourth living being say,“Come!” I looked up and saw a horse whose color was pale green. Its rider was named Death, and his companion was the Grave. These two were given authority over one-fourth of the earth, to kill with the sword (war) and famine and disease (plague) and wild animals.
http://biblehub.com/nlt/revelation/6.htm vs 7,8.
Throughout time GOD has used His "four dreadful judgments" in His dealings with "Wickedness" (see Zechariah 5)-
http://biblehub.com/ezekiel/14-21.htm
The "pale green" mentioned in this article - http://www.thelocal.es/20130826/mystery-meteo... , brings to mind Jesus breaking the fourth seal and this - http://biblehub.com/luke/21-25.htm .
We are entering the Great Tribulation which will include The Trumpets described in "The Revelation of Jesus Christ which GOD gave Him to show..." starting in ch. 8 vs 7 and GOD'S last warning Messages of Revelation 14:6-12 http://biblehub.com/hcsb/revelation/14.htm &
http://biblehub.com/hcsb/revelation/18.htm .
Remember - Christ is our peace with GOD - "It is because of Him (The Father) that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us Wisdom from GOD--that is (Christ Jesus is), our righteousness, holiness and redemption."
http://biblehub.com/1_corinthians/1-30.htm ,
http://biblehub.com/colossians/1-20.htm
--OR--

Maybe you should start a panic attack with this information from the CDC....

"More than 30,000 people in the US have been reported with West Nile virus disease since 1999, and of those almost 13,000 have been seriously ill and over 1,200 have died."
http://www.cdc.gov/Features/WestNileVirus/

People like you, who don't do enough research to uphold an argument, can be considered "beyond silly".

I can understand why you like to believe men and what they tell you, you are gullible, huh?

Take off the religion skull cap, and pick-up some actual Science books, and/or then research your "truths" a little bit more.

Surrey, Canada

#473744 Aug 28, 2013
Whether the lord god is titled as ADONAI, or Yahweh, or Jehovah ... all the scriptures point to the idea that the head-GOD of all creation, created evil.

Lest you Christians LIE any more ... let it be a blight on your consciences and keep you awake at night pondering on this issue.

That is my wish for you.

Your lies are not based on truth.

Surrey, Canada

#473745 Aug 28, 2013
<
As you believe you are definitely on a "spiritual" journey ... where do you believe your journey will end, and do you believe that you will end the journey of enlightenment in eternal bliss with a god ... or simply with other "enlightened spirits?"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Joe Fortuna 64,571
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Gabriel 973,931
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 42 min Steve III 45,282
40+ big black men for white sissy transvestites (Jan '13) 48 min ChristinaMarieCD 13
If you found out your wife was a prostitute, w... (Feb '10) 49 min WhorLover 7
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr ImFree2Choose 2,598
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 1 hr Peter Ross 849
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 183,213
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr WasteWater 106,599
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 hr Brian_G 281,947
More from around the web