Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646732 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#473664 Aug 28, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

People chose and continue to choose on what to believe.
Yes - Judaism does not believe Jesus was the "Messiah".
Whether or not he was an actual "messiah" has never been determined.
IMO - Jesus never actually stated he was any religion's messiah, but did state much about how the Spirit lives after we die, and his message should be accepted. Some folks took it to the extrememand consider him to be that "Messiah" that has yet to arrive for Judaism.
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
It can be proven He is the Messiah using logic and some knowledge of human nature. Books have been written on the topic.
I believe one is called Jesus Christ Messiah or Madman. Here's a short clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =1Z6y3J--sHkXX
Then post the proof you have to prove that, instead of something created in the past five years.

A YouTube video is not proof, but only an opinion.

Also, books = opinion

You aren't proving anythign JS....c'mon, stop trying to appease men.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#473665 Aug 28, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
edited for space
I appreciate you proving my words to be 110% correct...you don't have a testimony..you are depending on crackers and wine for your salvation...
The Word of God speaks of you: Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
For forty years,I was exactly where you are today...I pray, by the Grace of God, the Holy Spirit will convict you of your gross error/s, and you will see the truth...from Scripture...
IV. Salvation
Salvation involves the redemption of the whole man, and is offered freely to all who accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour, who by His own blood obtained eternal redemption for the believer. In its broadest sense salvation includes regeneration, justification, sanctification, and glorification. There is no salvation apart from personal faith in Jesus Christ as Lord.
A. Regeneration, or the new birth, is a work of God's grace whereby believers become new creatures in Christ Jesus. It is a change of heart wrought by the Holy Spirit through conviction of sin, to which the sinner responds in repentance toward God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Repentance and faith are inseparable experiences of grace.
Repentance is a genuine turning from sin toward God. Faith is the acceptance of Jesus Christ and commitment of the entire personality to Him as Lord and Saviour.
B. Justification is God's gracious and full acquittal upon principles of His righteousness of all sinners who repent and believe in Christ. Justification brings the believer unto a relationship of peace and favor with God.
C. Sanctification is the experience, beginning in regeneration, by which the believer is set apart to God's purposes, and is enabled to progress toward moral and spiritual maturity through the presence and power of the Holy Spirit dwelling in him. Growth in grace should continue throughout the regenerate person's life.
D. Glorification is the culmination of salvation and is the final blessed and abiding state of the redeemed.
Genesis 3:15; Exodus 3:14-17; 6:2-8; Matthew 1:21; 4:17; 16:21-26; 27:22-28:6; Luke 1:68-69; 2:28-32; John 1:11-14,29; 3:3-21,36; 5:24; 10:9,28-29; 15:1-16; 17:17; Acts 2:21; 4:12; 15:11; 16:30-31; 17:30-31; 20:32; Romans 1:16-18; 2:4; 3:23-25; 4:3ff.; 5:8-10; 6:1-23; 8:1-18,29-39; 10:9-10,13; 13:11-14; 1 Corinthians 1:18,30; 6:19-20; 15:10; 2 Corinthians 5:17-20; Galatians 2:20; 3:13; 5:22-25; 6:15; Ephesians 1:7; 2:8-22; 4:11-16; Philippians 2:12-13; Colossians 1:9-22; 3:1ff.; 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24; 2 Timothy 1:12; Titus 2:11-14; Hebrews 2:1-3; 5:8-9; 9:24-28; 11:1-12:8,14; James 2:14-26; 1 Peter 1:2-23; 1 John 1:6-2:11; Revelation 3:20; 21:1-22:5.
The Lord's Supper is a symbolic act of obedience whereby members of the church, through partaking of the bread and the fruit of the vine, memorialize the death of the Redeemer and anticipate His second coming.
Matthew 3:13-17; 26:26-30; 28:19-20; Mark 1:9-11; 14:22-26; Luke 3:21-22; 22:19-20; John 3:23; Acts 2:41-42; 8:35-39; 16:30-33; 20:7; Romans 6:3-5; 1 Corinthians 10:16,21; 11:23-29; Colossians 2:12.
There is no salvation in this symbolic act of obedience.
"The Lord's Supper is a symbolic act of obedience whereby members of the church"

Uh huh. Book, chapter and verse where the Lord's Supper is called symbolic.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#473666 Aug 28, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
It's also in direct contradiction to what Herme said. There's more:
2. However, it is not for us to define the state of those who are outside the Orthodox Church. If God wishes to grant salvation to some who are Christians in the best way they know, but without ever knowing the Orthodox Church—that is up to Him, not us.**But when He does this, it is outside the normal way that He established for salvation—which is in the Church,** as a part of the Body of Christ. I myself can accept the experience of Protestants being ‘born-again’ in Christ; I have met people who have changed their lives entirely through meeting Christ, and I cannot deny their experience just because they are not Orthodox. I call these people “subjective” or “beginning” Christians. But until they are united to the Orthodox Church they cannot have the fullness of Christianity, they cannot be objectively Christian as belonging to the Body of Christ and receiving the grace of the sacraments. I think this is why there are so many sects among them—they begin the Christian life with a genuine conversion to Christ, but they cannot continue the Christian life in the right way until they are united to the Orthodox Church, and they therefore substitute their own opinions and subjective experiences for the Church’s teaching and sacraments.
About those Christians who are outside the Orthodox Church, therefore, I would say: they do not yet have the full truth—perhaps it just hasn’t been revealed to them yet, or perhaps it is our fault for not living and teaching the Orthodox Faith in a way they can understand.
http://thehandmaid.wordpress.com/holy-orthodo...
Why deny your teachings?
Do you presume to know what Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit can and cant do.Do you presume to know the exact guidelines and limits by which Christ will save us. Do you open and close the highways by which the Holy Spirit travels. Does your Pope? Does your Church? Christ so surpasses us and our Church's knowledge of Him that if we truly understand Who Christ is and what He did and does for us, we should become in relationship and union with Him and quit lecturing people about THEIR church.

Since: Sep 09

Surrey, Canada

#473667 Aug 28, 2013
This con-artist changed his game for a better one.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

If you call on Jesus, he will pass you through
Heaven's gate without a hitch, they say that it is true
So I will call me Jesus, and if you follow me
I will grant you passage, to bliss eternally.

:)

Pad

Rockford, IL

#473669 Aug 28, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I am glad to hear that. I have been to several proty churches and never saw kneeling once. One time the preacher preached an entire sermon on how we should kneel before the Lord. I looked around and there were no kneelers available to kneel on. He kept shouting about the kneeling bit and no one was kneeling. I was confused so I asked him after the service what he meant by "kneeling". He looked confused so I asked "do you mean that we should actually kneel down?" And he looked shocked and sputtered "well no, we don't want to be making a scene, do we?"
And you do not have priests who are only pushing the practices to appease the Church,but yet they themselves personally reject them? That minister sounds like a spineless jelly fish,and he does not represent the whole evangelical movemment. Just like those priests of modern relativity do not represent fully the RCC,being the only voice for it.YET the trouble is we all have charlatans in our churches,as Satan works overtime with his hords of demons to diminish even by one iota the truth through ministers and priests,and other religious.

I believe that the LORD is working in all the Christian churches and denominations,but that He has those who are half-hearted,and end up serving TWO Masters.

The Apostles warned us of false apostles,teachers and ministers.Nevertheless in spite of our differences in Christ we can be united.He alone is the Savior the one who makes all things NEW. His Spirit is able to change a human mind and heart.The fact that you may think all of what the RCC does is perfect and the basis of being the true church is your opinion,based on years of following it,and believing.But the things you so take for granted are not universal as it were with all Christians.We have every right to reject statues,the wearing of miraculous medals,scapulars,and the recitation of the Rosary.We have every right to reject the Apparitions of the RCC,and all the doctrines concerning the Blessed Mother.Because the Bible especially the New Testament does not for one verse of word support any of those things.

At the same time we have been instructed by Christ to love the brethren,and sisters who are in Christ.We must love one another,for Love is the greatest PROOF of the reality of the Godhead(Trinity).To hate you as a Catholic is to lie to God,for I was called to encourage and build up the church not tear it down.Just because we do not accept your practices,it does not mean we do not accept you as a believer,and what God has done in your life for His Glory.

There is much today in the way of Christians coming together,but in Christ we are one,not in affiliations,which really will be obsolete when JESUS comes again in full glory.He will rule with a rod of iron,and He will also rule in Righteousness and Truth,that is our HOPE! All these other things are mere distractions.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#473670 Aug 28, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
With all due respect,I disagree.
I have witnessed with my own eyes what my mother in law and my Aunt experienced before they passed.
My mother in law who was a Godly woman was near death. She was so weak.
She was at home with her children all around her.
As weak as she was,she sat up,looked up towards heaven with such a beautiful smile on her face and she began clapping her hands.
My Aunt also looked up,smiled and said "I see my sweet Jesus"
The man that my father in law seen in the hospital that was near death was screaming and saying "I can feel the flames of hell.
A visiting preacher was with him and asked "Do you wanted to pray?" and he said "no."
He kept screaming "I feel the flames of hell",grabbed the DR. and said 'I'm taking you with me"
The DR. said "no your not" and pulled his hand from his.
He died in that shape.
There is no doubt that my Mother in law and my Aunt seen their precious Saviour.
No doubt that the man felt those flames.
They left a witness for others to see.
"I have witnessed with my own eyes what my mother in law and my Aunt experienced before they passed."
- You only witnessed their death, but had no part in what they may have seen or heard as they died and then passed.
- You, for your own comfort, only want the best for them, no matter what they believed or how they believed, so you believe in the "Comfort" instead of the actualities that you can't seem to come to terms with and say - "I really don't know what happened to them."

This is where you fail at being honest.

"The man that my father in law seen in the hospital that was near death was screaming and saying "I can feel the flames of hell."
- A "secondhand story" FoL? Do you always believe something someone else tells you that occurred to another person?
- Yep - this is why you are a so-called "Christian", because you can't accept first-hand accounts, like Thomas. You'd rather hear about what you are to believe from "a friend of a friend of a friend".

Do you even understadn what you are saying?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#473671 Aug 28, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I gave you 5 posts. Absurd!!!!
Five posts that didn't cite one official Orthodox teaching. Five posts that cited no author. Five posts that gave no link. Five posts that contradict what official Orthodoxy delcares. Paste the link hermi. Show us where the Orthodox teach Consubstantiation. Show us where the doctrine of transubstantiation is the result of the Church deciding it was a physical change as opposed to symbolism.
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#473672 Aug 28, 2013
samyaza ancient one wrote:
The Roman Catholic church is not the true Christian Church. back in the day they mixed paganism with Christianity. that is why they bow down to statues. don't get me wrong; I was born into the Catholic faith of Christianity, but during my teens back in the early 80's I started asking Questions to the priest which he couldn't answer or he will get angry. then I left the Catholic faith, and tried the Protestant faith of Christianity, but I couldn't find the answers I was searching for, so now I pray to my "LORD" and "HEAVENLY FATHER"(GOD) alone,and read the bible.
-first of all, I find it hard to believe you asked a Priest a sincere question about the faith and 'he couldn't answer it or got angry'.

-second, the world is filled with people who looked at the Catholic Church and said: "if you don't give me what I want, I will go elsewhere".

- sounds like you not only did that to the Catholic Church, you did it to the protestant church too.

- you should consider where that Bible came from, the next time you read and interpret Christianity alone. Are your private interpretations authoritative? Are you interested in what the Apostles taught about Christianity? The truth is not revealed to you or any other private interpreters. Besides, as a non denominational Christian, you don't even have the full Biblical canon. That's sometimes else to consider when going by 'Bible only'.

Surrey, Canada

#473673 Aug 28, 2013
<
I think you are just making up things now.
Making things up is the basis of the religious game.

If you don't like one theology you go to another, and if that doesn't prove the test of personal gain ... you make up your own theology.

38,000 denominations of Christianity later ... and theologians are still busy writing and re-writing to suit their own agendas.

The gods are learning at last to do what they are told by the theologians. It's about time too. It took those gods a long time to learn that what humans dictated the gods MUST believe ... is true.

Regina

Bloomfield, NJ

#473674 Aug 28, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I am glad to hear that. I have been to several proty churches and never saw kneeling once. One time the preacher preached an entire sermon on how we should kneel before the Lord. I looked around and there were no kneelers available to kneel on. He kept shouting about the kneeling bit and no one was kneeling. I was confused so I asked him after the service what he meant by "kneeling". He looked confused so I asked "do you mean that we should actually kneel down?" And he looked shocked and sputtered "well no, we don't want to be making a scene, do we?"
Make a scene by kneeling in prayer to God....uh, huh, okay.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#473675 Aug 28, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Still with the false accusations, you just can't seem to help yourself. Nor do you seem able to grasp the simple concept of judging a topix post. So far, three people have explained it to you and you still insist that I'm the one doing it. You're a hater, Sera, no doubt about it. I'm sorry for you, terribly sorry.
Not as sorry as your gonna be when you time comes...you will be held accountable for all your lies and misdeeds...feel sorry for yourself.. I can tell the difference between what 3 people told me and what YOU told me you do....
chuck

Dublin, OH

#473676 Aug 28, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"The Lord's Supper is a symbolic act of obedience whereby members of the church"
Uh huh. Book, chapter and verse where the Lord's Supper is called symbolic.
1 Corinthians(book) 11(chapter):23-25(verse)
23 For I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night when he was betrayed took bread, 24 and when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said,“This is my body which is for5 you. Do this in remembrance of me.”6 25 In the same way also he took the cup, after supper, saying,“This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me.”

Location hidden

#473677 Aug 28, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
What he posted sounds like a denial of the Real Presence, which contradicts Orthodox belief.
You just dont have a clue do you?

Surrey, Canada

#473678 Aug 28, 2013
Say what wrote:
I do believe in God, and one Heaven and one Hell.
One heaven for me and one hell for you
I like to play that switcheroo

Surrey, Canada

#473679 Aug 28, 2013
<quoted text>
because you can't accept first-hand accounts, like Thomas. You'd rather hear about what you are to believe from "a friend of a friend of a friend".
Do you even understadn what you are saying?
What's first-hand about the account of Thomas??? That is simply another regurgitated myth that travelled through 2000 years plus of morphing ... that just happens to suit YOUR gnostic religious tastes for fiction.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#473680 Aug 28, 2013
<quoted text>
There is no proof that this occurred.
It is correct men wrote the texts within the Bible, men chose the texts to be included within the Bible. The HS had nothing to do with it.
Unless you think the HS inspired an additional 300+ men, besides the many unknown authors of the NT texts. Do you?
<quoted text>
Good. What teachings are you missing or not following?
<quoted text>
You don't know this, so why state it?
Please state where "God" specifically lists which texts are inspired and which are not. Please post the date that corresponds to this specific statement.
<quoted text>
DOyou have any proof of this, or is this what you want to believe?
Jesus never called himself "God the Son", why do you?
<quoted text>
Two different statements, that neither have anything to do with each other.
True, in that the "truth can be known" - when we die.
False conclusion to state that you know "God" intimately enough to establish that he is the "unchanging Creator of the Universe".
- There is no proof that any god exists or existed. It is just a belief that was formulated by men for men to control others.
Why do you think those men were accurate, considering their limited access of "God" and that they are fallible?
<quoted text>
No - faith is learned.
God has established His Church as the authority in Faith and Morals. He promised that the gates of Hell will never prevail against it. I believe Him and I trust His Church to guide the people in these matters. Therefore all the books of the Bible were given to us ultimately by the guidance of the HS so that mankind might be saved from eternal destruction. God did this out of Love for us whom He created.

The HS may or may not have inspired other writers. It is not for me to say who He did or did not inspire, unless what they write clearly goes against the teachings of the Church and Scripture.

Teachings, I am not missing. The directives necessary for salvation have been given to the Church by God. He does not make these secret. However, I have failed in obeying them all the time.

I know that God does not have multiple personalities since such an entity could not have created this universe which always and everywhere (so far as we can determine) obeys the rules of physics all while being incredibly complex. It is a unified whole, therefore it's Creator is a unified whole.

As for Jesus being God, I refer you once again to the books which are written on this topic. Either Jesus was/is God or He was a lunatic. You can follow the logic of the argument or not.

I call Jesus "God the Son" because He is God the Son. See the above paragraph.

You believe the truth can only be known when we die. I wonder, then, whether you believe there is a hell and a heaven and if so, are there requirements one must meet before arriving either place? I am curious. Since that will help me understand what kind of god you believe in.

Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#473681 Aug 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Yeah, sure you have.
Just post them and stop pussy-footing around with the data.
You Catholics like to do this alot, why?
Just state directly that which you don't believe and be done with it.
But with just posting your refutation, won't make what you state true, unless you can substantiate your refutation with some sort of truth. Please post this as well, as I want to know and then understand that specific truth.
You can do this, right?
<quoted text>
Huh-uh, sure you are.
<quoted text>
Sure I believe in an absolute truth.
- Christianity only believes in a portion of Jesus, whereas I believe in all of Jesus.
- Christianity uses more of what "Paul's gospel" states than they do of Jesus.
- Christianity uses less than six of the original 13 Apostles to come to some sort of truth.
All abosolute truths that I believe.
<quoted text>
Oh yes I do - Jesus. It appears you aren't as anchored as much as I am to him, huh?
BTW - my "starting point" is Jesus, by believing in all of what he taught, not just the parts men decided upon.
Did that answer your questions?
I think it would help me out a lot if you could just state what "all absolute truths" you believe in.
That would really help, instead of you being evasive and trying to play tag.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#473682 Aug 28, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Regina told you exactly what Regina said she told you, so pull your garbage on someone who doesn't have your number. Either prove it's me or stop with the false witness and detraction (both of which are sins). Praying for my "total destruction and annihilation" isn't going to help your cause. Maybe it's you who should learn to control her emotions. Now leave me out of your fantasies.
Regina told me over the telephone a number of time that she knows and has changed those icons.And you know darn well I cant prove it cause your not going to admit it.Lying is a sin...I don't pray for you total destruction or annihilation.I don't pray for you at all....you think but repeat that that it would cause a reaction from me.lol Well your wrong...a lot has changed IN ME since we were once friends.I see that your still the same.It is you that harbors those negative feelings towards me..and trust me you of all people would be the last one in my fantasies...lol....

Surrey, Canada

#473683 Aug 28, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
1 Corinthians(book) 11(chapter):23-25(verse)
23 For I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night when he was betrayed took bread, 24 and when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said,“This is my body which is for5 you. Do this in remembrance of me.”6 25 In the same way also he took the cup, after supper, saying,“This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me.”
The one and only god Jehovah on which Christianity is based ...created evil.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Old Testament God Jehovah is Satan!

February 26, 2011 by theupliftingcrane

Old Testament Jehovah is Satan!
(Highlights)

“The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.”~ Bible, Exodus 15:3

In Hebrew, Je or Jeh or Jah means Lord or God [ref].

The suffix “hovah” is No. 1943 in Strong’s Hebrew Dictionary and has the meaning of “ruin, mischief.”

It is another form of No. 1942,‘havvah’, which is translated “calamity, iniquity, mischief, mischievous (thing), naughtiness, naughty, noisome, perverse thing, substance, very wickedness.”

Put the two (Je + hovah) together and you get “God of ruin, mischief, calamity, perversion, and wickedness”. And don’t forget ‘noisome‘– which means it stinks! Simply put, Jehovah is The God of Evil!

http://theupliftingcrane.wordpress.com/2011/0 ...

Location hidden

#473684 Aug 28, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
COUNCIL OF CONSTANTINOPLE (1727)

In an article concerning the Eucharist in an exposition of faith by a council held at Constantinople in 1727 we find a re-affirmation that the word "TRANSUBSTANTIATION" is "the most fitting statement of this mystery" and the "most accurately significant declaration of this change" in the elements. This Council reads --
"It is right to believe and confe

EDITED BY NBC CENSORS AS UNFIT FOR THINKING ADULTS

"As an explanatory and MOST ACCURATELY SIGNIFICANT DECLARATION OF THIS CHANGE of the bread and the wine into the body of the Lord itself and His blood the faithful ought to acknowledge and receive the word TRANSUBSTANTIATION, which the Catholic Church as a whole has used and receives as the MOST FITTING STATEMENT OF THIS MYSTERY. Moreover they ought to reject the use of unleavened bread as an innovation of late date, and to receive the holy rite in leavened bread, as had been the custom from the first in the Catholic Church of Christ." (Stone, page 182-184)

but had no difficulty in affirming the reality of the change by using the term TRANSUBSTANTIATION as the "MOST FITTING STATEMENT OF THIS MYSTERY" and "MOST ACCURATELY SIGNIFICANT DECLARATION OF THIS CHANGE."
http://www.philvaz.com/apologetics/num31.htm More on Eastern Orthodox councils here.
First of all the 1727 Council of Constantinople was local- not spokesman for position of the Orthodox Church.

SOMEHOW DUST STORM LEFT OUT:

Called use of unleavened bread an innovation.

Criticized administration of Holy Communion when not given as both bread and wine AND MORE CORRECTIONS NEEDED BY CATHOLICS

----------

SOME MISTAKENLY (OR DELIBERATELY) MISTRANSLATE ‘METABOLE’— SUBSTITUTING ‘TRANSUBSTANTIATION’ IN PLACE OF ITS PROPER AND LITERAL MEANING,‘CHANGE’, THEREBY ATTEMPTING TO MAKE ORTHODOX TEACHING APPEAR IDENTICAL TO THAT OF THE LATINS.

It is right to believe and confess that the most mystic and all-holy rite and Eucharist of the holy Liturgy and bloodless sacrifice, which is for a memorial of Christ our God voluntarily sacrificed on our behalf, is celebrated in the following way. Leavened bread is offered and wine together with warm water is placed in the holy cup, and they are supernaturally changed, the bread into that life-giving body of the Lord and the wine into His precious blood, by the all-holy Spirit by means of the prayer and invocation of the priest which depends on the power of the words of the Lord.

Therefore we acknowledge that at the invocation of the priest that ineffable mystery is consecrated, and the living and with-God-united body itself of our Savior and His blood itself are really and substantially present, and that the whole without being in any way impaired is eaten by those who partake and is bloodlessly sacrificed.

And we believe without any doubt that in the reception and
communion of this, even though it be in one kind only, the whole and complete Christ is present;

NEVERTHELESS ACCORDING TO THE ANCIENT TRADITION WHICH HAS PREVAILED IN THE CATHOLIC CHURCH WE HAVE RECEIVED THAT COMMUNION IS MADE BY ALL THE FAITHFUL, BOTH CLERGY AND LAITY, INDIVIDUALLY IN BOTH KINDS, AND NOT THE LAITY IN ONE KIND AND THE PRIESTS IN BOTH, AS IS DONE IN THE INNOVATION WHICH THE LATINS HAVE WRONGLY MADE.

As an explanatory and most accurately significant declaration of this change of the bread and the wine into the body of the Lord itself and His blood THE FAITHFUL OUGHT TO ACKNOWLEDGE AND RECEIVE THE WORD METABOLE, WHICH THE CATHOLIC CHURCH AS A WHOLE HAS USED AND RECEIVES AS THE MOST FITTING STATEMENT OF THIS MYSTERY.
MOREOVER THEY OUGHT TO REJECT THE USE OF UNLEAVENED BREAD AS AN INNOVATION OF LATE DATE, and to receive the holy rite in leavened bread, as had been the custom from the first in the Catholic Church of Christ.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min The Hangman 971,744
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Buck Crick 49,040
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 36 min andet1987 2,086
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 59 min Student 44,705
Just HOW angry is Satan??? 1 hr Thinking 5
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 1 hr Scottish man 22
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 2 hr USA-1 38,759
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 hr Annaleigh 105,636
I want to watch my wife flirt and get picked up... (Aug '12) Jun 26 Tboyslick125 151
More from around the web