Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Jul 10, 2007 Read more: CBC News 583,185
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#473430 Aug 27, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
In so many scripture we are told that Jesus,is,the way to the Father .
How can our relationship with Him be anything BUT personal .
I believe as/ it says..if you are born again. You have eternal Life .
He,did NOT say if you are born again an become a,CATHOLIC...or anything else ..You have eternal life .
And you HAVE been saying the way to Salvation is,YOUR NOW,CHURCH .
It's belief in Christ THat saves,.
Peter ..the,CC. The Pope..Billy Graham ..had,NO PART IN THE SCRIFICE .
ONLY CHRIST .
believe as you like,..just was curious,as to were,you sAved,BEFORE you became CATHOlic ..or did you need to confess to a priest ..
The temple veil was,exterminated by Jesus,death ...no priest ..no mediator but HIM ..And if He,is,..we,most certainly have a,relationship
With Him .
I/we as Catholics have a "personal relationship" with Jesus Christ (each and every day) at Daily Mass, receiving Our Lord in the Eucharist (John 6:47-59--HIS TRUE BODY AND TRUE BLOOD "for without my body and blood-you CANNOT have eternal life--Jesus says! I have NEVER said that the way to Salvation is Church! What I DID say is that the way to Salvation is in Jesus Christ, in and through HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church, which is the ONE TRUE (UNIVERSAL CHURCH) that Jesus HIMSELF initiated, established and formed in Matthew 16:13-21. The Catholic Church is the ONLY TRUE CHURCH that teaches the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH for over 2000 years. The Protestant Reformation in 1570 began the "GRADUAL REJECTION" of the that TRUTH that Jesus originally taught and handed down to HIS Apostoles... Luther "threw out 7 books of the bible, Zwingli "rejected" the TRUE BODY AND BLOOD of Jesus in the Eucharist, Hus, Wycliff, Calvin, Knox, Hedio, Petri, Tyndale, Viret and on and on, EACH ONE "rejected, SOMETHING that had been biblically and historically PROVEN to have been the TRUE TEACHINGS of Jesus (ie the Sacraments, confession, baptism, etc. until today you "fundies" have accumulated over 42,000 contradicting and conflicting "personal opinionated" denominations of inconsistent doctrine and teachings. God is not the author of your Protestant bible only confusion and chaos!!!!!

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#473431 Aug 27, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>My pastor teaches us that when we teach scripture,we need to be able to teach it on three levels..
there are three levels of the Word of God, but you and yor teacher don't kno them so here they are.

First; literal
Second; figuratively
Third; Spiritual

anything else that a person like you and him say is foolishness. and you sure bring a lot of that on here.

It took RoS just a short time to call you out.LOL

GN
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#473432 Aug 27, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never met a born again Christian whom did not have a testimony and eager to share it with anyone....your non response to my asking you twice to share yours says it all....
I have shared it in the past with others!!!!!Go look it up Ox!!!
marge

Ames, IA

#473433 Aug 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
Christ's Church would have to be visible. The truth can't be kept hidden if our salvation is dependant on it.
The Gospel has to be proclaimed from the rooftops so the world can know Jesus.
When Pope Francis was elected, the entire world saw him step out on the balcony. Every TV channel was tuned in. Al- Jazerra carried it live to the Muslim world. Every leader in every country sat and watched the Pope of the Catholic Church be introduced. Catholics around the world flocked to Mass that evening to pray in unison for our Pope.
What I'm saying is that this could only be the Church Christ started. Its visible. Its in union. Its one fold. It preached the Gospel to every corner of the planet.
Jesus is coming soon for sure, He told us to 'Watch'.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#473434 Aug 27, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You first say: Yes,I believe that Jesus is the Son of God. >>>>God with us.
Which, as stated, is contradictory.....If Christ is the Son of God, and if Emmanuel means "God with us", that is saying Christ is God????!!!!!
Which means the Scared Inspired Word of God is fallible...it teaches opposites on the matter...
No it doesn't.
I have tried and tried to get you to see.
But you just can't see.
Do you sing the old hymn;
Holy Holy Holy
Lord God Almighty
God in three persons
Blessed Trinity
YES! Jesus is the Son of God.
He came from God.
So did the Holy Spirit.
John 10:30
I and my Father are one.
5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him,
>>and have seen him.
8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip?
he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
John 16
25 These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs:
but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.
26 At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:
27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that
I came out from God.
28 I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.
28And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.
30 And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.
31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.
Joel 2
32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered:
for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance,
as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.
Thereís God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
Oxbow,he Father, Son, and Spirit are equal in their divine attributes.
Yet each relates to mankind in a different way because He has a specific role.
It's very important to understand this distinction: We do not have three gods; we have one God in three persons functioning uniquely and perfectly.
It takes faith to believe Oxbow,
For us to understand the Trinity
These are good verses to explain why it's hard to understand certain things.
God is speaking in Isaiah 55:8-9
8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.
9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
I sure hope what I wrote help you Oxbow.
If it doesn't,then I don't know any other way to explain it.
truth

Perth, Australia

#473435 Aug 27, 2013
every spirit is not holy..no
trough priest many spirit can past

i hear
one have to died or divorce..i hear personaly and see with my eyes hear with my ear..

now resume your sit my lovly adict posessors

o did i died what they pray for me with corupt ministers leaders this and that corupt evil judges..

no

i am still alive

i belive in Jesus Christ

not corupt lips
no in corupt prayers who ever they are
not corupt leaders
not corupt production
not in money of them

i am not one of them
nooooooooooooooooooooooo

in this city nothing exist
no stars no moons no sun..

i walk between them..your shine nice leaders in nice suits with nice diploma..they laying on street as pigs full of poisen..
but not light there no..
i walk between them..its bring me with light that i can see..

there is a not love
there is a not friends
there every law fall
there is a unconditional suffering
on CROSS
hulite na Boga
mrzite iz interesa
krivo podmecete
krivo svjedocite

imate kobne bijele duge prste
u kobnu smrtnu danu..
kad se bude zemlja tresti

Is that Cross real with unconditional suffering?
yes it is
there is a not friend
all of them run away
there is a not love
only suffering
there every law fall..

n

by

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#473436 Aug 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
Christ's Church would have to be visible. The truth can't be kept hidden if our salvation is dependant on it.
The Gospel has to be proclaimed from the rooftops so the world can know Jesus.
When Pope Francis was elected, the entire world saw him step out on the balcony. Every TV channel was tuned in. Al- Jazerra carried it live to the Muslim world. Every leader in every country sat and watched the Pope of the Catholic Church be introduced. Catholics around the world flocked to Mass that evening to pray in unison for our Pope.
What I'm saying is that this could only be the Church Christ started. Its visible. Its in union. Its one fold. It preached the Gospel to every corner of the planet.
Christ built no Church...that word is not even in the Bible!!!!

denomnation: A large group of religious congregations united under a common faith and name and organized under a single administrative and legal hierarchy.

The Roman Catholic Church is a denomination of the Christian faith. Christ built not any...none...zilich denominations...He built His church.

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

church: ekklesia, a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly, church.

Therefore...any....bar none...Christian congregation or an assembly of, is the church Christ built.

The NABre poop arroved Catlick bible: Church: this word (Greek ekkl&#275;sia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesusí church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

Therefore...any....bar none...Christian congregation or an assembly of, is the church Christ built

The SBC teaches:
A New Testament church of the Lord Jesus Christ is an autonomous local congregation of baptized believers, associated by covenant in the faith and fellowship of the gospel; observing the two ordinances of Christ, governed by His laws, exercising the gifts, rights, and privileges invested in them by His Word, and seeking to extend the gospel to the ends of the earth. Each congregation operates under the Lordship of Christ through democratic processes. In such a congregation each member is responsible and accountable to Christ as Lord. Its scriptural officers are pastors and deacons. While both men and women are gifted for service in the church, the office of pastor is limited to men as qualified by Scripture.

The New Testament speaks also of the church as the Body of Christ which includes all of the redeemed of all the ages, believers from every tribe, and tongue, and people, and nation.

Therefore...any....bar none...Christian congregation or an assembly of, is the church Christ built

The catlick encyclopdia: church: The term church is the name employed in the Teutonic languages to render the Greek ekklesia (ecclesia), the term by which the New Testament writers denote the society founded by Jesus Christ....

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#473437 Aug 27, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>why tony, I am ONLY defending His Sword. LOL
you aint no different than those who He destroyed in Sodom. God is no Respecter of persons.
sin is sin, and sinners aint teachers of His Word. You gotta be Saved before God will use you.
you wanna teach? get on board and get Saved first.
ANY CHRISTIAN WILL TELL YOU THAT IS THE FIRST STEP.
and please dont think that I hate homosexuals, per se. my niece is a lesbian and I love her, but poor thing, she is messed up in the head so bad. and her only refuge is the bottle and she is drunk almost every weekend at the local bar. and so there is only remedy for her and for you and that is the Blood of Jesus that takes away that sinful lifestyle that you two possess.
and your refuge is for you to come on here and think that people will accept you as a Christian because you call yourself a Bible teacher. unfortunately for you, a person has to be Spiritual to discern what the Bible says and you fail constantly over just simple things.
You don't hate homosexuals,lol,lol? Great because I don't live off your love. And see this is why those like you are stuck on stupid and glued to dumb when it comes to understanding Gods word. I stated quite sometime ago that I have given up the gay lifestyle but everytime I hurt one of your feelings you start falsely accusing me of still participating in the gay lifestyle. I guess that's because when one of you jack legged self righteous hypocrites try to debate me in Gods word I break you down to your lowest common denominator and it makes you spirits fighting mad,LOL. Given the fact that you've demonstrated that you are not above being a cotton mouthed liar you are not above lying on me and accusing me of things I am not guilty of. It's your fault that you get your feelings hurt because you come here woefully unprepared in Gods word. You may have fooled these poor gullible souls on this forum but you know I know you're a wolf in sheeps clothing and am not afraid to call you on it.
Rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#473438 Aug 27, 2013
Jesus,died to save,us..we,MUST be born again .

That's,salvation.

Do this,in Remembrance of Me is a good thing .he,did NOT SAY ..or else you are not Saved .

But ..it's,not salvation ..he made FAITH very simple .
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I/we as Catholics have a "personal relationship" with Jesus Christ (each and every day) at Daily Mass, receiving Our Lord in the Eucharist (John 6:47-59--HIS TRUE BODY AND TRUE BLOOD "for without my body and blood-you CANNOT have eternal life--Jesus says! I have NEVER said that the way to Salvation is Church! What I DID say is that the way to Salvation is in Jesus Christ, in and through HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church, which is the ONE TRUE (UNIVERSAL CHURCH) that Jesus HIMSELF initiated, established and formed in Matthew 16:13-21. The Catholic Church is the ONLY TRUE CHURCH that teaches the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH for over 2000 years. The Protestant Reformation in 1570 began the "GRADUAL REJECTION" of the that TRUTH that Jesus originally taught and handed down to HIS Apostoles... Luther "threw out 7 books of the bible, Zwingli "rejected" the TRUE BODY AND BLOOD of Jesus in the Eucharist, Hus, Wycliff, Calvin, Knox, Hedio, Petri, Tyndale, Viret and on and on, EACH ONE "rejected, SOMETHING that had been biblically and historically PROVEN to have been the TRUE TEACHINGS of Jesus (ie the Sacraments, confession, baptism, etc. until today you "fundies" have accumulated over 42,000 contradicting and conflicting "personal opinionated" denominations of inconsistent doctrine and teachings. God is not the author of your Protestant bible only confusion and chaos!!!!!
Some places,I'm betting have NO PRIEST ..what then ??

Your faith believes,only a,Priest can have us,partake in the,Lords,Supper ..

So these,folks,..who heard the message ..But have no priest . Cannot break bread in Remembrance ..cannot be saved ..

Don't get me wrong ..your Church worship a in the way it sees best ..many Catholics love,Jesus .

But your beliefs,on how important your Church and clergy are ..well it boggles,THE mind .

However ..there is,NO bigger advocate against something
Than a former participant .

See,I don't hate Catholicism ..I just don't believe
The way you all put s o much faith in the Religion.

You really have a hatred for the,Faith of Non CATHOLUCS And put our faith down at every turn

That's your right ..it's,your talking points,..

But din t scope t every one to buy it ..

Location hidden

#473439 Aug 27, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have shared it in the past with others!!!!!Go look it up Ox!!!
So....I was right....you ain't got one.....you are a fraud...a fake...a make believe "christian"...
truth

Perth, Australia

#473440 Aug 27, 2013
every spirit is not holy..no mr or mrs posessors ..many people have horible things in life..from evil practisioners..
yeppppppppppppppppppp
serve your evil practitioners
not meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Mr and Mrs lips service

there is a not love
there is suffering
where
on CROSS

INRI
marge

Ames, IA

#473441 Aug 27, 2013
it's like saying i'm still a drunkard but do not drink or i'm still an adulterous when i don't commit adultery, doesn't make sense Tony.
truth

Perth, Australia

#473442 Aug 27, 2013
design.. is part of creation..
yeeeeeeeeeeeee
then
silky skin and your bones and your spirit=which one=are you for sure its belong to Jesus..no

its bring me in light
i see what i have to see..
they liked died but can't open wounds..

see your smooth nice silky skin milky wicket eye with soup of bones..

Are you for sure I don't see very well?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#473443 Aug 27, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Hermi. when you decided to leave for awhile, it(ICXC NIKA) left too. all of us knew this was just a ploy of a catholic on here to try and discredit you, and therefore we Chrisitans on here paid it no mind.
we KNOW the difference between a original(you and your wife) and a phony like some of these people on here are.
we will continue to ask the Lord for your Healing
Thank you so much again. This really troubled me. You guys came through again. God Bless you.

Location hidden

#473444 Aug 27, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
No it doesn't.
I have tried and tried to get you to see.
But you just can't see.
Do you sing the old hymn;
Holy Holy Holy
Lord God Almighty
God in three persons
Blessed Trinity
YES! Jesus is the Son of God.
He came from God.
So did the Holy Spirit.
John 10:30
I and my Father are one.
5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him,
>>and have seen him.
8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip?
he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
John 16
25 These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs:
but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.
26 At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:
27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that
I came out from God.
28 I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.
28And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.
ther, Son, and Spirit are equal in their divine attributes.
Yet each relates to mankind in a different way because He has a specific role.
It's very important to understand this distinction: We do not have three gods; we have one God in three persons functioning uniquely and perfectly.
It takes faith to believe Oxbow,
For us to understand the Trinity
These are good verses to explain why it's hard to understand certain things.
God is speaking in Isaiah 55:8-9
8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.
9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
I sure hope what I wrote help you Oxbow.
If it doesn't,then I don't know any other way to explain it.
Edited for space...

You restated my post to where it makes no sense..

Here is the corrected info:

You first say: Yes,I believe that Jesus is the Son of God.

Then you say: 23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, >>>>God with us.

Which, as stated, is contradictory.....If Christ is the Son of God, and if Emmanuel means "God with us", that is saying Christ is God????!!!!!

Which means the Scared Inspired Word of God is fallible...it teaches opposites on the matter...

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#473445 Aug 27, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>there are three levels of the Word of God, but you and yor teacher don't kno them so here they are.
First; literal
Second; figuratively
Third; Spiritual
Wrong as usual. Those are NOT the three levels on which a good teacher of Gods word teaches. And the key phrase is A GOOD TEACHER. One of these days and you need to definitely be in attendance,I am gonna give a lesson on the three levels on which a GOOD TEACHER is supposed to teach.

Location hidden

#473446 Aug 27, 2013
marge wrote:
it's like saying i'm still a drunkard but do not drink or i'm still an adulterous when i don't commit adultery, doesn't make sense Tony.
You said: I know the word 'manifest', God was manifested in human form.

My response:The you are denying the teaching of the Catholics, the SBC and the Word of God...

So tell me....whose teaching are you following???

Why are you not answering my question????
truth

Perth, Australia

#473447 Aug 27, 2013
there is unconditional suffering
where
on CROSS=INRI

my lovely mothers
you cry as every woman cry
mili krizu
zagrli ga
sinak moj je poljubi mi ga..

Why all mothers wrong?
whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

serve your evil justice and evil diploma and evil moneyyyyyyyyyyy
but not me i don't serve anyone from you
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooo

there is not law
law fall there
there is a suffering
unconditional

i know where is my CROSS=INRI
now
lips service with lips prayers in vain

power of cross is foolish for you..

you will say to mountains cover us
to waters fall over us..

what a contradiction
CROSS
you don't liked go there INRI
marge

Ames, IA

#473448 Aug 27, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You said: I know the word 'manifest', God was manifested in human form.
My response:The you are denying the teaching of the Catholics, the SBC and the Word of God...
So tell me....whose teaching are you following???
Why are you not answering my question????
I have the verses book-marked, work is on-call sometimes so maybe tomorrow.

Location hidden

#473449 Aug 27, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
I have the verses book-marked, work is on-call sometimes so maybe tomorrow.
Since you denied the teaching of the Catholics, the SBC and the Word of God...I am waiting....breathlessly!!!!!

Whose teaching are you following???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 6 min Justice League 3,023
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Rosa_Winkel 826,490
This ~ or ~ That? (game) (Dec '12) 54 min andet1987 1,783
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 56 min rbphoenix80 98,922
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr andet1987 5,774
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr andet1987 5,810
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr lil whispers 611,787
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr James 442,607
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Freebird USA 176,430
More from around the web