Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,088
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#473268 Aug 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I don't believe that I regress to other animals. I believe I am an animal of no more worth than other animals ... except when it pertains to my own survival. Then I am quite sure I would not only eat non-human meat, but I would fill my stomach with human meat if it meant my own survival.
Let's be REAL. We are nothing special.
June I will never fall asleep around you!! lol

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

#473270 Aug 27, 2013
POPSTART wrote:
<quoted text>The link does not work.
It did back when I copied from it.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#473271 Aug 27, 2013
If every preacher that is faithful to their own cult's dogmas is rewarded with bliss in a hereafter, there will be no one that is NOT rewarded for preaching.

:)

It's no wonder there are so many preachers who are certain they are all leading the way to bliss.

That promise of bliss in a hereafter has driven many people to preach "whatever comes to mind."

hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#473272 Aug 27, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD BLESS you HOJO
So you think your friends who were born again are not saved .??
I'm not here to judge my friends as to whether they are saved or not saved. God is the final judge---not you, not me, not Confrinting, not ANYONE but God Our Father will make that determination. Protestant "fundies" skate board around to anyone and everyone "attempting to releave God of HIS ULTIMATE RESPONSIBLITY, but saying
I'm saved and you are not! You're going to heaven and he's not! I have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and you don't!!----This bible only Protestant rhetoric "isn't even scriptural.
Where does it say in the bible that we have to have a "personal relationship with Jesus! Where does it say that we have to "accept Jesus into our hearts!---(Not that ANY of this is wrong---but where does it say ANY of this in the bible! This is a Protestant bible only (made-up concoction) that has absolutely "no basis of biblical or historical truth to back it up.---You "fundies" claim that everything MUST be in the bible in order for it to be true --so where is it! The fact is NOWHERE!!!So you see RoSesz, although I respect your own personal beliefs and convictions but I have no intentions of (taking a step backwards in my personal faith (growing) in Jesus Christ) to returning to one of your bible only (half-truth) contradicting, conflicting hodge-podge of 42,000 inconsistent Protestant denominations that can't agree on ANYTHING accept attacking, judging and condemning (my own faith) and JESUS CHRIST and His One True Catholic Church ...I'll stick to the TRUTH of the Gospel with Daily Mass, the Eucharist, the Sacraments and especially THE FULLNESS of the FAITH and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH!!!...You can do what you want and I hope it works well for you!!!

Fraser Lake, Canada

#473273 Aug 27, 2013
I am scared to become a Muslim. Apparently now, women can also expect 72 virgins upon arrival in Paradise.

I don't know about other women, but that scares the bejeepers out of me.

These days one horny saint is far more than I want to handle.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#473274 Aug 27, 2013
POPSTART wrote:
<quoted text>Michele Obama's lunch program is a method of starvation, too. Kids do not want to eat that stuff.
Hahahahahaha

Apparently "god" approves of junk food as Christians are "full of it."

Fraser Lake, Canada

#473276 Aug 27, 2013
Being a heterosexual, I have never been attracted to those in my own gender ... but surely lesbians don't have the wear and tear that comes with being a female heterosexual.

In my next incarnation I might choose to be lesbian. I haven't made up my mind yet ... but in religion it seems anything is possible.

hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#473277 Aug 27, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI - just like all of your posts, all you ever do is insult others.
Hypocrite.
All you Protestant "bible only" fundies (ever want to do) is to discuss, argue, debate, deliberate and discuss (your own personal editorialized "opinions" of what the bible says or doesn't say. The fact is New Age is that there is NOTHING to discuss, NOTHING to debate and NOTHING to deliberate! The Biblical and Historical TRUTH has been established, verified and confirmed over 2000 years ago by the Early Church Fathers in 382, 393 and 397 AD who gave all of us the bible that you Protestants spin, mis-interpret and mis-quote to your own demise and destruction. You can believe what you want--if that's the direction you chose! But I/we as Catholics have chosen to adhere to, and worship in the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the FULLNESS of the FAITH in Jesus Christ, in and through HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church that has been Biblically and Historically PROVEN TO BE TRUE for over 2000 years!!---and NOTHING you can say is going to change that AUTHENTICATED TRUTH!!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#473278 Aug 27, 2013
Sorry about the "triple post"!

Fraser Lake, Canada

#473279 Aug 27, 2013
For those who don't believe in religion, it is very confusing.

For instance, if in my next life I can reincarnate as anything I want, as long as it's into a human fetus ... why can't I choose to be an upcoming Queen?

AH well ... being more realistic, I suppose I would have to get in LINE behind other souls for that position, as the position would be long gone.

I wonder if Hitler will ever come back as a Queen?

Plain Jane

Orlando, FL

#473280 Aug 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Example: Up until the 1930's, all of Christendom was unanimous. Contraception was wrong. Gradually, one Protestant sect after another has come to embrace Contraception and now, the Catholic Church stands alone in forbidding the use of it.
The reason: We are not the authors of life, God is. We have no business using sex for recreational purposes and this gift of sex should only be used within the covenant of the sacrament of Marriage, where the husband and wife are OPEN to the possibility that there sexual encounter will bring forth life. Sex is the method that God uses to bring life into this world.
The Pope at the time (or shortly after) prophesied that contraception would open the door to promiscuity and recreational sex. Boy was he right.
Protestants on the other hand, saw no reason to forbid contraceptions. Perhaps because there is no Biblical verse that condemns it.
That's the world you guys created with sola scripture.
That's why we need an Earthly authority that's protected from error on things like this.
You guys have on such authority but you and your interpretations of the Bible.
"You guys?"

What are you babbling about now? Certainly nothing to do with my post.

I hope you find peace. But condemning all other as spiritually defective obviously isn't helping, is it?

It sounds like desperation. Good luck with those demons.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#473281 Aug 27, 2013
I wonder when people "cross over" if all their arrogance fades away, or if the arrogance of being special goes along in carrying bags attached to the souls?

If the arrogance doesn't dissipate at the death of physical bodies, bliss is going to be very difficult to find ... and so is the creator if the creator is at all wise.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#473282 Aug 27, 2013
hojo wrote:
Sorry about the "triple post"!
"Triple???"

From my perspective eight million is closer to the "mark?"

By the way, I am at eight million and ten posts ... just in case you are interested.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#473283 Aug 27, 2013
Buddha was far more honest than other preachers. He admitted that he taught the gods how to believe.

He cut right to the chase.

You gotta "bring them up" RIGHT, or "in the end" they won't save you.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

In fact the Buddha is often portrayed as a teacher of the gods,[20] and superior to them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_in_Buddhism

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#473284 Aug 27, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Yelling is not going to change anyone.
Try to be a little more understanding of what others believe, as they are of your beliefs.
That is something no religion will ever teach you, but your Self can - that is if you listen more than thinking you know what you are talking about when it comes to your religion.
In truth LTM - my opinion is that you know only what you have been told and you seem to lack a lot of knowledge related to the reasons these beliefs were put into the minds of men.
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Chill out
He has a,problem seeing ..that's why he uses,caps ..he's,not telling
I'm not the one responding in the manner you have.

Myabe you should be the one to chill out ahnd research your religion.

Why do so-called "Christians" exhibit such hatred for other when others speak out?

You should do the same I suggestedto LTM - "Try to be a little more understanding of what others believe, as they are of your beliefs."

Fraser Lake, Canada

#473285 Aug 27, 2013
I suggest you don't forget that the Buddha trained his god to allow many hells for those who didn't follow the words of the Buddha. The Buddha was nobody's fool!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Buddhism

The main scriptural justifications for killing may be briefly summarized. In the Mahayana Mahaparinirvana Sutra it is told how the Buddha in one of his former lives killed some Brahmin heretics. This was done to protect the Doctrine, and to save themselves from the consequences of continued attacks on it. When the Doctrine is in danger the Five Precepts, including the prohibition on taking life, may be ignored...

"The Phenomenon Of Religion: A Thematic Approach" by Moojan Momen (1999)

http://www.humanreligions.info/violence_and_c...

Albuquerque, NM

#473286 Aug 27, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
All you Protestant "bible only" fundies (ever want to do) is to discuss, argue, debate, deliberate and discuss (your own personal editorialized "opinions" of what the bible says or doesn't say. The fact is New Age is that there is NOTHING to discuss, NOTHING to debate and NOTHING to deliberate! The Biblical and Historical TRUTH has been established, verified and confirmed over 2000 years ago by the Early Church Fathers in 382, 393 and 397 AD who gave all of us the bible that you Protestants spin, mis-interpret and mis-quote to your own demise and destruction. You can believe what you want--if that's the direction you chose! But I/we as Catholics have chosen to adhere to, and worship in the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the FULLNESS of the FAITH in Jesus Christ, in and through HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church that has been Biblically and Historically PROVEN TO BE TRUE for over 2000 years!!---and NOTHING you can say is going to change that AUTHENTICATED TRUTH!!!
I'm not Protestant hojo.

Please stop calling me such, or implying that I am.

If you continue, I will begin calling you "Baptist" over and over again, just to see how you handle lies.

Albuquerque, NM

#473287 Aug 27, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
---and NOTHING you can say is going to change that AUTHENTICATED TRUTH!!!
Oh yes there is and I will continue to post them.

I guess this will be a problem for you. Bummer.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#473288 Aug 27, 2013
Now I will explain that I don't believe there was a Buddha that ever existed. As was Jesus ... the Buddha (the enlightened one) was a made up character created by ancient theologians.

The dalia lama still USES the Buddha as his playmate to create the image in the minds of followers that the dalai lama is an enlightened replica of the "invisible" Buddha.

Religion is BUNK!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#473289 Aug 27, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>wrong...the Orthodox believe in Consubstantiation. the bread remains bread but exist along side the real presents of Christ..
Citation please.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 min Preteen girl 604,855
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Stilgar Fifrawi 774,279
Obamacare: the thievin' 'hyenna' of healthcare ... 4 min Doctor REALITY 1
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 9 min RiccardoFire 37,802
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 15 min arabian 5,502
SMOKING: One of the dumbest - deadliest human h... 19 min nature guy1172 34
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 28 min WildWeirdWillie 175,578
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 38 min onemale 265,027
Why Im no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr waaasssuuup 441,759
More from around the web