Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688931 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Surrey, Canada

#473554 Aug 28, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, could you rephrase your question?
I suggest you don't answer any questions unless you pray first and hope that you get in touch with the right god.

After all, the sky is full of man-created gods ... ready to give advice.

:)

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#473555 Aug 28, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's that gonna be?
Hey Whassup!!!! I believe that Christ is Truth. Incarnated. We stand before Him.we actually are judging ourselves when we stand before Him.When we stand in the wrong before Truth, we burn. When we stand rightly before Truth, we have joy.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#473556 Aug 28, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"Yeah, it goes like this, here it goes
Paranoia, the destroyer
Here's to paranoia
Paranoia, the destroyer
Hey hey, here it goes
Paranoia, the destroyer
And it goes like this
Paranoia, the destroyer
And it goes like this"
I have seen two different posts icons being changed. You Anthony may not have noticed this. Others have agreed with me. And I know who did them...and so doesn't everyone else....I have posted to clay that I wont be trashing your church in the future and I expect that the rest of you grow up also..name calling and personal attacks are unbecoming and doesn't represent your church very well.

Location hidden

#473557 Aug 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Now it's YOUR turn to be told what you want to be told.
You are the only one who tells truth straight from the one and only god.
Now ... I suggest you do your menial chores for the day knowing you are RIGHT about everything.
Didnt you play Miss Kitty on "Gunsmoke"?
truth

Australia

#473558 Aug 28, 2013
modern evil
is not better
then old evil things
why should be evil propaganda
gone for ever
because evil is only serve evil

Location hidden

#473559 Aug 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I'm not sure ... but I AM sure that none of those theologians wrote that I gave birth to a savior. Otherwise they would have a poster made up of me appearing angelic and totally unrealistic.
I thought you were angelic looking.You are just being modest.
June VanDerMark

Surrey, Canada

#473560 Aug 28, 2013
As a child I used to look at pictures of the supposed devil with his wild eyes and horns and pitchfork in hand and think to myself ... "How silly!"

I preferred the big bad wolf, as I knew he was "meant" to be a cartoon character.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#473561 Aug 28, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony.
BASED ON YOUR PAST RECORD OF TRUTH AND CREDIBILITY RE ORTHODOXY I KNEW I COULD ACCEPT YOUR COMMENT AT FACE VALUE. NEVERTHELESS, I LOOKED UP CONSUB ON THE WEB AND FOUND A FEW THINGS.
First lets explain the difference between Transubstantiation and Consubstantiation:
Consubstantiation is the view that the bread and wine of Communion / the Lord's Supper are spiritually the flesh and blood of Jesus, but yet the bread and wine are still actually only bread and wine.
In this way, it is different from transubstantiation where the bread and the wine are believed to actually become the body and blood of Jesus.
Consubstantiation essentially teaches that Jesus is "with, in, and under" the bread and wine, but is not literally the bread and wine.
The prefix Trans- says that a change took place, the bread actually became the body of Jesus and the wine actually became the blood of Jesus. The prefix Con- says that the bread does not become the body of Jesus but co-exists with the physical bread so that the bread is both a bread and the body of Jesus.
Now we have to deal with a difficult and little understood problemconcerning the change of the elements into the Body and Blood of the resurrected and glorified Lord. The problem arose in the middle ages, when some Roman Catholic “theologians” started teaching that the bread and wine are “physically” changed (or trans-substantiated), so that the bread physically turns into flesh and the wine physically turns into blood!
The Orthodox never accepted this innovation and actually condemned it. To us, the change is “mystical” and not “physical.” This is explained to us in the beautiful “Prayer of Reconciliation by the
Thrice Blessed John.”1
Exalted above all the power of speech, and all the thoughts of the mind, is the richness of Thy gifts, O our Master. For that which Thou hast hidden from the wise and the prudent, Thou hast revealed unto us babes.
And those things which prophets and kings have desired to see and have not, the same didst Thou grant unto us, we the sinners, that we may serve It and be purified thereby, when Thou didst ordain unto us the Economy of Thine Only-Begotten Son, and the hidden mystery of this
sacrifice, which has neither the blood of the Law nor the righteousness of the flesh roundabout It. Behold the Lamb is spiritual and the knife is verbal and immaterial; that sacrifice which we offer unto Thee!
What we are told here, is that the change of the gifts is a “hidden mystery” that is exalted far above the limits of human thought or the power of speech. It is hidden from the wise and prudent, who want to
explain it in simplistic terms and reduce the “hidden mystery” into a physical trans-substantiation. But it is revealed to us, the “babes” who, in faith, believe in the mystery without any probing into the nature of the mystery, the “babes” who cry out aloud,“I believe, so be it.”
John Bishop of Bostra,(6th century) contemporary and friend
of St. Severus of Antioch
Wrong...on so many levels Nick..where do I start...

1. POST AN ORTHODOX LINK SO WE CAN KNOW WHERE YOU'RE GETTING THIS. PLEASE!!!!

2. "...but co-exists with the physical bread so that the bread is both a bread and the body of Jesus." Consubstantiation the way you explain it is the Lutheran heresy condemned by the Orthodox. No Orthodox would support it.

3. Transubstantiation was defined because an heretical monk in the middle ages DENIED is was physical. You have is bass-ackwards.

4. The ONLY real and somewhat reasonable objection the Orthodox have re the doctrine is that it attempts to explain that which is unexplainable. There are no differences to what we believe it truly is.

You need to stop this pretense...you're trying so hard to not sound Catholic you end up trashing your own faith.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#473562 Aug 28, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I have seen two different posts icons being changed. You Anthony may not have noticed this. Others have agreed with me. And I know who did them...and so doesn't everyone else....I have posted to clay that I wont be trashing your church in the future and I expect that the rest of you grow up also..name calling and personal attacks are unbecoming and doesn't represent your church very well.
You two flipped out when the Copt was on here explaining his Orthodox faith, you harrassed him, accused him of plagiarism and drove him off the board. Now you're accusing Catholics of stealth posting as an Orthodox. Don't tell me to grow up, you two need some real spiritual help.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#473563 Aug 28, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

I'm smart - yes. In the least, I rcvd directly what "God" wants to do - and not thorugh some unknown author.
Why?
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Your God is Self. Always gazing inward.
I do look within to address and hopefully help resolve the crosses I bear. How else do you think I can correct my faults?

You aren't jealous that I am, are you?
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference in paintings/sculptures of Christian saints and Buddhist saints:
Buddhist saints always have their eyes closed, while Christian saints always have their eyes wide open.
So-called "Christians" have their "eyes wide open" because they can't comprehend all that have been told for them to believe, so they stay in a stunned pose. Sort of like a "deer in headlight" look.

Location hidden

#473564 Aug 28, 2013
….here are some things about Arnold Murray of the Shepherd’s Chapel that many do not know.

1st:

He predicted that the war of Armageddon will start on June 8-9, 1985 in "a valley of the Alaskan peninsula." We know this did not happen. We also know what God says of those who prophecy in His name as laid out in the Bible:

Deut. 18:20-22

But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.

And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken?

When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

First and foremost, this makes Arnold Murray a false prophet. No matter if all his other teachings were spot on, a child of God should have nothing to do with him, and he never deserves a place in a pulpit again.

2nd:

He presents himself as a Christian scholar, calls himself "Dr.", and says he is an ex-marine who served in the Korean war where he was wounded. Unfortunately, proof of his doctorate degree is not available. He also refuses to provide any documentation regarding his scholastic achievements.

3rd:

One of the several false doctrines of the Shepherd's Chapel is the teaching that all people had an existence prior to being here on earth in what is called the first earth age. This aligns with the “gap theory” which tries to make the Bible conform to evolution versus it truly being created in six 24 hour days just as Genesis, in its plainest reading says. These theories are what attacks the foundation of the Bible and causes it to lose its authority not only in the secular world, but with professing Christians as well. The Shepherd's Chapel teaches that we were created in the first earth age, a time before the fall, where we existed in the form of soul bodies. The problem with this is that there is no Biblical support for this position. In fact, the Bible contradicts this soul-body idea.

4th:

Two additional distinguishing and erroneous doctrines of the Shepherd's Chapel are known as the Serpent Seed doctrine and the Kenite doctrine. These are intimately related. The Serpent Seed doctrine is the teaching that in the Garden of Eden, the serpent (the devil) had sexual relations with Eve. The result was that she bore Cain. The descendents of Cain are called Kenites. Abel, however, is the result of Adam and Eve having relations.

Arnold Murray, the pastor of the Shepherd's Chapel, is the primary advocate of these doctrines which he adamantly teaches and which his followers have adopted as Biblical truth.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#473565 Aug 28, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I have seen two different posts icons being changed. You Anthony may not have noticed this. Others have agreed with me. And I know who did them...and so doesn't everyone else....I have posted to clay that I wont be trashing your church in the future and I expect that the rest of you grow up also..name calling and personal attacks are unbecoming and doesn't represent your church very well.
AND BTW, I haven't used those stupid judgie icons in years and I doubt Clay, Regina or Hojo use them either. If you think you know who's doing it, just say so, quit using it as a smear tactic against all Catholics here.
truth

Australia

#473566 Aug 28, 2013
no..i don't liked gun..no..i can have if i want..its very easy send someone then finish..yep..me i can have bless gun with few pinch of bless salt..i can make that from plastic bottle..
is that shame
no
why should be
June VanDerMark

Surrey, Canada

#473567 Aug 28, 2013
Teaching children that a devil exists is psychological abuse ... and from my perspective there ought to be a law against such abuse.

Parents adhering to such warped religious dogmas won't stop that abuse, as they believe it is true.

That teaching is cruel and causes children to have night tremors and bed-wetting episodes. The children grow up in fear that the devil is going to get them. And they become adults that repeat the same torment on their own children.

If someone doesn't do something to change the law ... the cruelty to children will keep on and on and on.

Maybe some day children will be able to take their parents to court for such child abuse ... and I believe that will be fair and just treatment on behalf of the children.

If the parents don't change the situation, they deserve to pay the price for such willing cruelty.

Location hidden

#473568 Aug 28, 2013
5th:

The Shepherd's Chapel denies the doctrine of the rapture which is the teaching that upon the future return of Christ those Christians who are alive will be "caught up" to meet the Lord in the air. Accepting or denying the teaching of the rapture does not affect one's salvation. It is a doctrine that can be believed or not without any affect upon a person's position in Christ. Unfortunately, Murray’s teaching is rather harsh regarding the rapture. He states that the rapture is a false doctrine (Newsletter #193 - Nov, 1994) and that many who believe in the rapture will be deceived into worshiping the Antichrist (Newsletter #205, Nov. 1995). At one point Mr. Murray stated that 95 percent of the churches that teach the rapture will accept the antichrist as the savior (Newsletter #116, June 1988). Such statements are simply not sustainable from a biblical perspective.

6th:

The next problematic issue with this church is its denial of the Trinity. The Bible teaches that there is one God in three persons: Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. The Shepherd's Chapel teaches modalism, the idea that God is one person who took different forms or modes. The Christian church long condemned modalism as contrary to sound biblical theology.

The Shepherd's Chapel is at best a very aberrant Christian church and at worst, a cult. Is denial of the Trinity enough to make a group non-Christian? Yes it is. If Murray continues to deny the Trinity, that God is three distinct persons -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, then this would cast great doubt upon Murray as a proper Bible teacher.

7th:

He regularly calls others liars, deceivers, idiots, losers, etc. Murray is full of quick, condescending remarks about anyone who disagrees with him. Unfortunately, it is rubbing off on his followers and this is particularly troublesome since there is a recording of him pulling a gun on someone who disagreed with him in a teaching setting. This is not showing grace, mercy, and love that Jesus Christ Himself preached.

Stay as far away from this man as you possibly can.

VIDEO, CLICK BELOW!!

Arnold Murray's Failed Prophecies

In His Grace,

Mike Harris Jr.

Location hidden

#473569 Aug 28, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Troubled you? If I had falsely accused someone and viciously attacked them then realized my error I wouldn't have been "troubled", I'd have been deeply ashamed, remorseful and asked for forgiveness. I guess another thing you and preston have in common is pride...so glad you two can share it with each other.
You mistake Pride for Humility....

Location hidden

#473570 Aug 28, 2013
here are some things about Arnold Murray of the Shepherd’s Chapel that many do not know.

1st:

He predicted that the war of Armageddon will start on June 8-9, 1985 in "a valley of the Alaskan peninsula." We know this did not happen. We also know what God says of those who prophecy in His name as laid out in the Bible:

Deut. 18:20-22

But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.

And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken?

When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

First and foremost, this makes Arnold Murray a false prophet. No matter if all his other teachings were spot on, a child of God should have nothing to do with him, and he never deserves a place in a pulpit again.

2nd:

He presents himself as a Christian scholar, calls himself "Dr.", and says he is an ex-marine who served in the Korean war where he was wounded. Unfortunately, proof of his doctorate degree is not available. He also refuses to provide any documentation regarding his scholastic achievements.

3rd:

One of the several false doctrines of the Shepherd's Chapel is the teaching that all people had an existence prior to being here on earth in what is called the first earth age. This aligns with the “gap theory” which tries to make the Bible conform to evolution versus it truly being created in six 24 hour days just as Genesis, in its plainest reading says. These theories are what attacks the foundation of the Bible and causes it to lose its authority not only in the secular world, but with professing Christians as well. The Shepherd's Chapel teaches that we were created in the first earth age, a time before the fall, where we existed in the form of soul bodies. The problem with this is that there is no Biblical support for this position. In fact, the Bible contradicts this soul-body idea.

4th:

Two additional distinguishing and erroneous doctrines of the Shepherd's Chapel are known as the Serpent Seed doctrine and the Kenite doctrine. These are intimately related. The Serpent Seed doctrine is the teaching that in the Garden of Eden, the serpent (the devil) had sexual relations with Eve. The result was that she bore Cain. The descendents of Cain are called Kenites. Abel, however, is the result of Adam and Eve having relations.

Arnold Murray, the pastor of the Shepherd's Chapel, is the primary advocate of these doctrines which he adamantly teaches and which his followers have adopted as Biblical truth.

truth

Australia

#473571 Aug 28, 2013
i just make klik klack teeth ..drove nicely where ..its look funny pillars from wolf teeth..

Location hidden

#473572 Aug 28, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong...on so many levels Nick..where do I start...
1. POST AN ORTHODOX LINK SO WE CAN KNOW WHERE YOU'RE GETTING THIS. PLEASE!!!!
2. "...but co-exists with the physical bread so that the bread is both a bread and the body of Jesus." Consubstantiation the way you explain it is the Lutheran heresy condemned by the Orthodox. No Orthodox would support it.
3. Transubstantiation was defined because an heretical monk in the middle ages DENIED is was physical. You have is bass-ackwards.
4. The ONLY real and somewhat reasonable objection the Orthodox have re the doctrine is that it attempts to explain that which is unexplainable. There are no differences to what we believe it truly is.
You need to stop this pretense...you're trying so hard to not sound Catholic you end up trashing your own faith.
We are not Catholic and don't have to try not be be.We are Orthodox remember?Two different churches...
June VanDerMark

Surrey, Canada

#473573 Aug 28, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I thought you were angelic looking.You are just being modest.
That word modest is another word that is silly. Humans are arrogant ... period!

Give any human power over others, and that human will take it to the extreme as do all other animals in the animal kingdom.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 16 min RFD 80
Why doesn't God STOP the world's MADNESS and in... 25 min HFCS - What It Is 12
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 28 min Inf 37,317
The American Dream is DEAD DEAD DEAD. 1 hr RFD 19
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 1 hr Wheres The Lighter 25
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Tony 6,555
Poll Do you think Juliet Huddy is hot? (Dec '07) 2 hr Sis 77
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Tellthetruth 988,615
More from around the web