Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599538 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#473044 Aug 26, 2013
marge wrote:
June, God can even turn hearts of stone into hearts of flesh that know they need God.
Well, you better start needing all the gods, cause the other ones that you don't need are gonna get you in the "end."

:)

Vanderhoof, Canada

#473045 Aug 26, 2013
marge wrote:
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
Yep! That's the teaching of all the theologians. "Ask, and I shall give you the only truth. Seek, and ye shall find the only truth in what I teach you, and that only truth shall be opened unto you:"

Meanwhile back on earth ... theological wars continue on a daily basis, with each right-fighting group of warriors supporting the words of their own preferential theologians.

And they never learn that they all have been hoodwinked.
Clay

United States

#473046 Aug 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
The evangelical born again movement needs to embrace a series of untruths before their religion can begin. Therefore, like a house built on sand, it crumbles. The Catholic Church is built on rock, it withstands every ridiculous accusation you fundies can throw at us. In fact, after 2,000 yrs its withstood allot worse than the slander you guys muster up.
~~~~~
WE EVANGELICALS... DO NOT WORSHIP ANY ONE BUT BUT GOD THROUGH JESUS
CHRIST ...HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON ...
You Roman Catholics worship THE STAGE PROPS, AND SUPPORTING ACTORS which
persons were/are flesh ...corruptible, and tainted with the sin of Adam.
---
Rom 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
Rom 8:19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
Rom 8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
Rom 8:21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
Rom 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
Rom 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body
NOTE THE SCRIPTURE ABOVE THAT SAYS
"Who's SPIRITS have been redeemed.." but THEIR BODIES await the coming
of Jesus for His bride..
AS IS ALL OTHERS THAT HAVE BEEN BORN AGAIN OF THE SPIRIT.
THE BIBLES SAYS..
Rom 8:22 " For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. "
--->NOTE.... THE EARTH AT PRESENT IS RESPONDING/CONVULSING WITH STORMS EARTHQUAKES PLAGUES ETC...
BECAUSE OF THE SINS OF MAN UPON IT'S SURFACE...
THE EARTH WAS NOT CREATED FOR SUCH EVIL...IT WAS CREATED PURE AND HOLY..
---
"Rom 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even
--->NOTE...NONE OF YOUR SAINTS.... BODIES (THAT YOU WORSHIP AND PRAY TO) HAVE BEEN REDEEMED...
===>THIS... INCLUDES... MARY THE MOTHER OF JESUS...WHOM YOU CLAIM TO HAVE BEEN ASSUMED INTO HEAVEN...
READ WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS ABOUT FLESH AND BLOOD INHERITING THE KINGDOM OF GOD...
1Co_15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that
===> flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
Rom 8:23 And not only they,.... but ourselves also,
which have the firstfruits of the Spirit
we ourselves ...
groan within ourselves,
WAITING for the adoption, to wit,
FOR THE REDEMPTION OF OUR BODY.
If Jesus Christ willed for you and everyone else to be the authority on His Ministry, then he's a phony.
If Our Lord silently waited until 1452 for the Bible to be published, so folks like you could interpret His teachings for everyone.... Then he's a phony.
If the Bible is all that He willed for His revelation of truth, but didn't tell anyone which Books- and His Apostles didn't tell anyone which Books; and they didn't properly explain their writings for us; and the truth got completely screwed up until the born again movement arrived 1900 yrs later.... Then Confrint, CHRISTIANITY IS THE BIGGEST FRAUD OF A RELIGION THIS WORLD HAS. CHRIST WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN THE MESSIAH IF YOUR SCENARIO WAS FACT. GOT IT?
For Christianity, its either the Catholic faith or nothing. Any other scenario uses way to much ignorance and man made theories. They remove so much logic and reason and still call themselves the 'followers of the truth and the way'.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#473047 Aug 26, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>I have long given you up as one that has been baptized into the mind and heart of one that is partof the APOSTASY.
http://www.truthmagazine.com/archives/volume3...
The above is what Peter taught. I'm sorry that it's beyond your understanding.
this is what Peter said and idiots like you8 don't ever read His Word.

"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear" (1 Peter 3:15).

and if someone made me look like a simpleton like I have you constantly, I wouldn't want anything to do with them either.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#473048 Aug 26, 2013
Once the group of Jews split off from believing in multiple gods to then believing in the one-god dogma ... that is when religion got REAL ugly.

Each in their own divisive groups ... Jews, then Catholics, then Muslims, and then Protestants demanded assurance that the one god loved them and ONLY them.

They all twisted and morphed human-created languages to suit their own needs, and referred to their own religions ONLY as the HOLY ones ... while vilifying all other religions as EVIL.

That has been the name of their games ... one and all. And they preach their dogmas as love, while with bitter words, and military might ... they war and war some more.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#473049 Aug 26, 2013
I wonder what flamboyant story the first hairy ape-like theologian gave to his followers to impress upon them that the gods thought so HIGHLY of him, as to choose only him as the leader who would never lie to his followers about truth from the gods???

Maybe if I go to a psychic and pay more money than is "called for" ... that psychic will give me the bare truth of that scenario.

After all ... if psychics can read the future ... there should be no reason they can't read the past.

After all ... the past is written ... isn't it?

Tongue in cheek

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#473050 Aug 26, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Parish is ifull, they do not close. Demographics is almost always the factor in this country.
"ifull" - LOL

The new Catholic word for when you are visiting a church online and there is no more room to get on the server.

:o)

Albuquerque, NM

#473051 Aug 26, 2013
its me wrote:
Yes,it's me. I am in the loving arms of this God to whom you ridicule. You're hurt. Sad. Disappointed. Confused. I was too. I am not now :)
He IS real. Don't reject him. I want you with me for eternity,with him. No more pain. No more emptiness.<quoted text>
Self.

Albuquerque, NM

#473052 Aug 26, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Just more of the same old heretical anti-catholic "propaganda". TRUE Church HISTORY (recorded after the death of Christ) confirm these Churches "were ALL CATHOLIC" Ignatius verified it in 070AD when he said, "Wherever the Bishops are present, the Catholic Church is also there"!!!!THERE WAS NO BIBLE until 397 AD when the Early Church Fathers formed and assembled the Canon of Scripture, giving you "fundies" the Bible that you twist,misquote manipulate, misinterpret and spin the meaning to "make it mean ONLY what you want it to mean". You OX are living on an "isolated island" of lies and deceit!!! Even the vast majority of your Protestant believers "reject" your distorted and perverted "personal opinionated" rubbish!!!!
The frustrations of Christianity.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#473053 Aug 26, 2013
The devout Christians on this forum become angry at me for not believing in the words taught to them by their preferred theologians. Yet they don't understand why on earth others who also place high value on their own theological dogmas become angry at them.

It's all about the divisive indoctrinations.

Non-human animals can't be indoctrinated with the human blight of religion. Therefore they will fight to the death to defend their own bodies and their own territories and their own packs ... but they won't fight to the death as do humans to defend theological indoctrinations.

It's not that they are wiser than humans ... it's that they simply can't BE indoctrinated with religion.
Plain Jane

Orlando, FL

#473054 Aug 26, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If Jesus Christ willed for you and everyone else to be the authority on His Ministry, then he's a phony.
If Our Lord silently waited until 1452 for the Bible to be published, so folks like you could interpret His teachings for everyone.... Then he's a phony.
If the Bible is all that He willed for His revelation of truth, but didn't tell anyone which Books- and His Apostles didn't tell anyone which Books; and they didn't properly explain their writings for us; and the truth got completely screwed up until the born again movement arrived 1900 yrs later.... Then Confrint, CHRISTIANITY IS THE BIGGEST FRAUD OF A RELIGION THIS WORLD HAS. CHRIST WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN THE MESSIAH IF YOUR SCENARIO WAS FACT. GOT IT?
For Christianity, its either the Catholic faith or nothing. Any other scenario uses way to much ignorance and man made theories. They remove so much logic and reason and still call themselves the 'followers of the truth and the way'.
Wow, this is a profound statement that goes way beyond your own church's teachings.

"For Christianity, its either the Catholic faith or nothing. Any other scenario uses way to much ignorance and man made theories."

Neither you nor your antagonists can see it.

You each apply different standards to the other's interpretation of the Bible than you do to your own.

In today's world, why would any Christian tell anyone else who professes to love Jesus, and who lives) a moral life (as far as you know, that they are not Christian?

You claim to be a faithful Roman Catholic. Please show us - where does the Roman Catholic church teach such things?

Who teaches you such things? Pope Francis maybe? That must be it. Let's make those his words:

"For Christianity, its either the Catholic faith or nothing. Any other scenario uses way to much ignorance and man made theories."

Pope Francis

(Sorry, just having a little fun. Don't let others control you so much :o)

Vanderhoof, Canada

#473055 Aug 26, 2013
It's not uncommon in this era for an Atheist who has a near-death experience, to convert to a religion.

Anything that can't be explained by scientific means to satisfy believers ... will often encourage the believers to go to theologians of one religion or another for the supposed answers.

Humans are greedy for answers ... and the theologians who don't and never have agreed with each other ... are there to fill that NEED.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Near Death Experience

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment...
truth

Perth, Australia

#473056 Aug 26, 2013
your god don't liked us..why should be..

your masters is not be on Cross they have nice diploma job lots of money and they are rich gods with everything ..yes full of arms about everything..yep

be bless who is poor

my god is been on Cross..
i fill that pain
i fill that sorrow

i been on that Cross complete with body and mind..

my god don't need any money
i don't call my god rich god

my god don't tell me pay every penny..no

i don't need that

pray and represent
your suffering trough your prayers
he will took you there
so beautiful there
pain which not exist on this planet earth

its so nice know
its so nice transform over-yourself

when you told me you love me or anybody else
i know its just nice lips
nothing else
nothing at all..

but i know who is been there INRI

Vanderhoof, Canada

#473057 Aug 26, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Self.
In case you hadn't noticed ... non-Gnostic-Christians ARE already "selves."

Vanderhoof, Canada

#473058 Aug 26, 2013
I suggest it's difficult for a devout Christian to believe that a Muslim could have a near-death experience that (by his/her indoctrination) puts that Muslim in touch with Allah ... or the 12th Imam ... rather than the Christian "god" and Jesus.

Until you want to go outside of your own preferential religious cult to study the experiences of those in other religious cults ... you won't learn a new concept ... as you will be unwilling to learn.
truth

Perth, Australia

#473059 Aug 26, 2013
I know that Cross exist.
there not any money..there you can't offer nothing
no
no priviladge friend
no corupt lawyers
no corupt judges
no lips prayers
no any friends

nothing

say to your Cross
here I am..i am coming to you on that Cross take me
there..o don't worry..its going automatic yep less then any second.
yep

fulfillment of law
for all rich liars

INRI
there there is been hand body and mind..
there not any house
there not any bank
there not any penny
there not any friends
there not any love
on that Cross
its so nice beautiful suffering

Vanderhoof, Canada

#473060 Aug 26, 2013
Near-Death Experiences of Muslims

Many Muslims believe that the righteous are able to see visions of God after death and that the wicked see visions of hell. Except for these possible visions of heaven or hell, Muslims believe the soul remains in a kind of "soul sleep" until Judgment Day. When the Day of Judgment arrives, everyone is judged according to their deeds in life. Many Muslims believe that non-Muslims can attain heaven only after a period of purification in the fires of purgatory.

http://www.near-death.com/muslim.html
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#473061 Aug 26, 2013
Plain Jane wrote:
<quoted text>
Suppose someone is baptized Catholic as an infant, but stops attending Mass completely later in life, is that person still a Catholic?
A non practicing Catholic.
Clay

United States

#473062 Aug 26, 2013
Plain Jane wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, this is a profound statement that goes way beyond your own church's teachings.
Neither you nor your antagonists can see it.
You each apply different standards to the other's interpretation of the Bible than you do to your own.
In today's world, why would any Christian tell anyone else who professes to love Jesus, and who lives) a moral life (as far as you know, that they are not Christian?
You claim to be a faithful Roman Catholic. Please show us - where does the Roman Catholic church teach such things?
Who teaches you such things? Pope Francis maybe? That must be it. Let's make those his words:
Pope Francis
(Sorry, just having a little fun. Don't let others control you so much :o)
Its either the Catholic faith or nothing, for the revelation of truth. God works with all peoples. But the fullness of truth can only be one. Sorry, but the 50,000 protestant popes could not be the revealers of truth. Its been proving too many times how Protestantism has launched Christianity into a doctrinal chaotic mess. Truth has been twisted so often its sad
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#473063 Aug 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
NOTE...NONE OF YOUR SAINTS.... BODIES (THAT YOU WORSHIP AND PRAY TO) HAVE BEEN REDEEMED...
===>THIS... INCLUDES... MARY THE MOTHER OF JESUS...WHOM YOU CLAIM
Confrinting---I see that you "continue" to (appoint yourself) as the "final judge" regarding the Salvation, faith and redemption of ANYONE and EVERYONE else's personal relationship with Jesus Christ, as you attack HIS faithfilled Saints, that have "all gone before us, marked with the sign of faith" in Our Lords One True Catholic Church.......... It is obvious that your OWN personal vengeance against Jesus Christ HIMSELF has TOTALLY corrupted, infected and decayed your heart, mind and soul....... The ONLY THING THAT YOUR MINISTRY CAN STAND UPON is to condemn and pass judgement against the faith of other Christians (especially Catholics). Your "smoke and mirrors" Quoting and misquoting of bible verses attracts (by deception) a handful of "non-thinking" hostile anti-catholic hatemongers like you, who you have "duped" to your "bible only" snake oil ministry!!......The TRUTH has, is and will ALWAYS be manifested and preserved in Jesus Christ and HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church, despite heretical preachers like you, who have "come and gone" for over 2000 years---YET-----THE ONE TRUE CATHOLIC CHURCH established by Jesus Christ HIMSELF----------LIVES ON!!!----Because Jesus said it would in the Gospel of Matthew!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 min RiccardoFire 6,425
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Tide with Beach 864,232
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 13 min Halle Berry Sister 2,774
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 22 min WasteWater 6,294
__Wake the Dead 28 min Wake the Dead 1
___FEDs Recruiting Islamists Using YOUR Taxes! 29 min Wake the Dead 1
The Christian Atheist debate 45 min Lbj 1,962
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr Great Day of Arma... 612,898
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 hr Pegasus 272,404
More from around the web