Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Jul 10, 2007 Read more: CBC News 582,618
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#472980 Aug 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>No June I am comparing them to you.
monkeys that is...
Oxbow

Westlake, LA

#472981 Aug 25, 2013
Jesus was a Jew. His disciples were Jews. The chosen people of God, from the beginning, were Jews.

Anyone whom believes that Christ built the Roman Catholic Church, which excluded the chosen people of God, the Jews, suffers from a serve case of popilitus.

Christ's church, by the definition of the Greek word for church, is Christianity. Men established different denominations of Christianity...of which one is the Roman Catholic church.

denomnation: A large group of religious congregations united under a common faith and name and organized under a single administrative and legal hierarchy.

The Roman Catholic church is a denomination of the Christian faith. Christ built not any...none...zilch denominations...He built His church.

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

church: ekklesia, a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly, church.

Therefore...any....bar none...Christian congregation or an assembly of, is the church Christ built.

The NABre poop approved Catlick bible: Church: this word (Greek ekkl&#275;sia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

Therefore...any....bar none...Christian congregation or an assembly of, is the church Christ built

The SBC teaches:
A New Testament church of the Lord Jesus Christ is an autonomous local congregation of baptized believers, associated by covenant in the faith and fellowship of the gospel; observing the two ordinances of Christ, governed by His laws, exercising the gifts, rights, and privileges invested in them by His Word, and seeking to extend the gospel to the ends of the earth. Each congregation operates under the Lordship of Christ through democratic processes. In such a congregation each member is responsible and accountable to Christ as Lord. Its scriptural officers are pastors and deacons. While both men and women are gifted for service in the church, the office of pastor is limited to men as qualified by Scripture.

The New Testament speaks also of the church as the Body of Christ which includes all of the redeemed of all the ages, believers from every tribe, and tongue, and people, and nation.

Therefore...any....bar none...Christian congregation or an assembly of, is the church Christ built

The catlick encyclopdia: church: The term church is the name employed in the Teutonic languages to render the Greek ekklesia (ecclesia), the term by which the New Testament writers denote the society founded by Jesus Christ....

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#472982 Aug 25, 2013
I wonder what the little white child thought and felt when the "master's wife" stated that the little Negro boy with whom she was playing could not go to heaven because Negros did not have souls?

Christian theologians taught that nasty dogma as being based on TRUTH straight from "god."

I suggest that you don't put faith in the words of any theologians as being based on truth.

They proved over and over that their words were not trust-worthy.

Prince George, Canada

#472983 Aug 25, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
Jesus was a Jew. His disciples were Jews. The chosen people of God, from the beginning, were Jews.
Anyone whom believes that Christ built the Roman Catholic Church, which excluded the chosen people of God, the Jews, suffers from a serve case of popilitus.
Christ's church, by the definition of the Greek word for church, is Christianity. Men established different denominations of Christianity...of which one is the Roman Catholic church.
denomnation: A large group of religious congregations united under a common faith and name and organized under a single administrative and legal hierarchy.
The Roman Catholic church is a denomination of the Christian faith. Christ built not any...none...zilch denominations...He built His church.
And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
church: ekklesia, a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly, church.
Therefore...any....bar none...Christian congregation or an assembly of, is the church Christ built.
The NABre poop approved Catlick bible: Church: this word (Greek ekkl&#275;sia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.
The SBC teaches:
A New Testament church of the Lord Jesus Christ is an autonomous local congregation of baptized believers, associated by covenant in the faith and fellowship of the gospel; observing the two ordinances of Christ, governed by His laws, exercising the gifts, rights, and privileges invested in them by His Word, and seeking to extend the gospel to the ends of the earth. Each congregation operates under the Lordship of Christ through democratic processes. In such a congregation each member is responsible and accountable to Christ as Lord. Its scriptural officers are pastors and deacons. While both men and women are gifted for service in the church, the office of pastor is limited to men as qualified by Scripture.
The New Testament speaks also of the church as the Body of Christ which includes all of the redeemed of all the ages, believers from every tribe, and tongue, and people, and nation.
The catlick encyclopdia: church: The term church is the name employed in the Teutonic languages to render the Greek ekklesia (ecclesia), the term by which the New Testament writers denote the society founded by Jesus Christ....
idiocy!

Prince George, Canada

#472984 Aug 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>monkeys that is...
So according to your "divine" theology ... will Muslims and Hindus be allowed in Christian heaven with you if they don't first become Christian?

:)

Prince George, Canada

#472985 Aug 25, 2013
Hindus don't have need of a Christian savior.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Vishnu: Hinduism’s Blue-skinned Savior

http://asianartnewspaper.com/article/vishnu-h...

Prince George, Canada

#472986 Aug 25, 2013
Muslims also have their own messiah ... fixated in their brains.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Waiting for Islam's Messiah

They call him the Mahdi or the 12th Imam.

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/411301.aspx

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#472987 Aug 25, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>where you misstate your opin is this. Tyson is Natural, Christ is Supernatural so of course they would not compute.. like I have said in the Past.
ALL THAT YOU R DOING IS SHUTTING YOURSELF OFF FROM ALL CHRISTIANS ON HERE.
Considerig what passes for a Christian these days you're saying that as if it's a bad thing.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#472988 Aug 25, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible does not forbid women to speak..it does teach they are to be silent in church.....
The SBC follows the teaching of the Bible...that is one reason why I are a SBC church member.
The most idiotic quote so far on this forum "Yes the Bible does say to one particular Church.."
Clue...if indeed that be true, and it applies to only that one particular church, it would not need to be in my Bible nor yours!!!!!
1Co 14:34 ¶ Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
Don't go making a religion out ofa statement that Paul made which is yet another statement that totally goes over the heads of you church people. As my pastor stated,not only does he require women to be silent in the church buthe also require that men be silent as well. No one should be talking when the word of God is going forth so BOTH MEN and WOMEN should be silent in the church when the man of God is teaching. Don't don't just blame women but men as well if they're talking when the word of God is going forth.
Are you one of these misled people that believes that women should not preach?
Oh you don't want me to straighten you out about that topic.

Prince George, Canada

#472989 Aug 25, 2013
I was wrong when I suggested that all saviors were "sons" of gods.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Tara

Buddhist saviour-goddess with numerous forms, widely popular in Nepal, Tibet, and Mongolia. She is the feminine counterpart of the bodhisattva (“Buddha-to-be”) Avalokiteshvara. According to popular belief, she came into existence from a tear of Avalokiteshvara, which fell to the ground and formed a lake. Out of its waters rose up a lotus, which, on opening, revealed the goddess. Like Avalokiteshvara, she is a compassionate, succouring deity who helps men “cross to the other shore.” She is the protectress of navigation and earthly travel, as well as of spiritual travel along the path to enlightenment.

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/583...

Location hidden

#472990 Aug 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So according to your "divine" theology ... will Muslims and Hindus be allowed in Christian heaven with you if they don't first become Christian?
If you do not except Jesus and repent your chances are slim. But only God will judge you because only HE knows your heart.

Prince George, Canada

#472991 Aug 25, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Don't go making a religion out ofa statement that Paul made which is yet another statement that totally goes over the heads of you church people. As my pastor stated,not only does he require women to be silent in the church buthe also require that men be silent as well. No one should be talking when the word of God is going forth so BOTH MEN and WOMEN should be silent in the church when the man of God is teaching. Don't don't just blame women but men as well if they're talking when the word of God is going forth.
Are you one of these misled people that believes that women should not preach?
Oh you don't want me to straighten you out about that topic.
Whether women or men preach religion, they all preach only their own favorite theories, and theories leave all to be desired.

Prince George, Canada

#472992 Aug 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>If you do not except Jesus and repent your chances are slim. But only God will judge you because only HE knows your heart.
Have you by chance noticed the other supposed saviors preached by those in other religions???

My guess is, you ignore those saviors as myths and try to impress upon others that the Jesus-myth is REAL.

You are your own jokester.

Prince George, Canada

#472993 Aug 25, 2013
Zoroastrianism

A savior (saoshyant) and an afterlife with judgment and resurrection, are other elements of Zoroastrianism, according to A Dictionary of Asian Mythology. Death is the work of Ahriman; the soul, of Ahura Mazda.

http://ancienthistory.about.com/od/religionmy...

Prince George, Canada

#472994 Aug 25, 2013
Jainism

A Tirthankaras in Jainism, is a savior who has succeeded in crossing over life's stream of rebirths and has made a path for others to follow.

http://realhistoryww.com/world_history/ancien...

Location hidden

#472995 Aug 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you by chance noticed the other supposed saviors preached by those in other religions???
My guess is, you ignore those saviors as myths and try to impress upon others that the Jesus-myth is REAL.
You are your own jokester.
No,unlike you June,I don't pay much attention to the other faiths and what they believe in.I stick to my own Christian faith.

Prince George, Canada

#472996 Aug 25, 2013
Question: "What is Shintoism?"

Answer: Shintoism is a purely Japanese religion, the origins of which are buried in the hazy mists of ancient Japanese history. It is one of the world’s oldest religions. The Japanese people have a fierce love for their land and believe that the Japanese islands were the very first divine creation. In fact, Shintoism teaches that no other land is divine, making Japan uniquely special in the world. Not surprisingly, Shintoism is not popular outside of Japan.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/Shintoism.html#ix...

Prince George, Canada

#472997 Aug 25, 2013
If some lands are holy ... which ones according to theologians are evil???

My guess is, as land is worth money on earth, by money hungry theologians, no land is considered as evil.

Shysters!

Prince George, Canada

#472998 Aug 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>No,unlike you June,I don't pay much attention to the other faiths
NO KIDDING!

That is WHY you are certain that a god perceives you and your group of devotees as the only reason he is living. Without you and your worship ... he would die of malnutrition.

Prince George, Canada

#472999 Aug 25, 2013
Wherever in the world Christian missionaries landed, it wasn't long before they ruled over the locals with their religion and to add insult to injury, they stole the lands from the locals.

And they referred to that behavior as "love."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min Blagoja 825,281
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 min An NFL Fan 121,622
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 min HipGnosis 442,445
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 min AntiqueAnnie 611,761
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 23 min dollarsbill 2,980
Poll Why are asians so dumb? (Jan '13) 28 min andet1987 483
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 54 min lisw 176,354
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) Fri puspamishra130 190
More from around the web