Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 22,823)

Showing posts 456,441 - 456,460 of512,181
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Ox, please, enough is enough. This isn't a game. Just believe whatever you want. At this point, nothing will sway anybody here.. All you guys are staunch sola scripturist. That is the theory you're going "all in" with. It doesn't matter I guess, that you all come to different truths based on scripture.. In the end, we all stand before God and we will be judged accordingly.
Clay

I believe OX believes in Jesus,

Exactly what answer he is,trying to get from the,rest of us both Catholic and non Catholic is,a,mystery .

I don't think any if us,HAS the correct answer .
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that you believe you are special to a god.
You can't seem to help yourself out of your cult.
Pathetic creatures.
"pathetic creatures" Thus saith June in her own condescending way.What dear lady do you say about those who do evil wicked things,Kill,mame,cause wars and so on(PRESENT)?If hojo being a believer,and I highly doubt a wreckless evil person who kills and so on,is a pathetic creature,than what about someone like Stalin who killed millions of Russian people,all in the name of atheistic communism? June the very fact that you call anyone on this thread a pathetic creature,only proves you are a hateful person,filled with the asps of a poisonous snake.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
You realize 2 Pete is a pseudograph, right?
Pete wasn't into book learnin' much, ya know.
~~~
Nome of the original apostles were educated...as far as the world's standards is today.

Evidently....they did not meet the standards of the (so called educational standard of the day that they lived in...either

It was said of them....

Act_4:13 Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and

they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.

Even the Apostle Paul ( that was schooled (educated in the Law of Moses said..

1Co_1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel:

-->not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

1Co_2:4 And -->my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom,

but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

It is the WISDOM AND THE POWER AND ANOINTING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT

THAT SETS ANY MAN APART THAT PREACHES GOD'S WORD.

NOT ALSO...

1Co 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

1Co 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

1Co 1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

1Co 1:26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

1Co 1:27 --> But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

1Co 1:28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

1Co 1:29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

1Co 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

1Co 1:31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Denominational affiliations are all human endeavors to serve Christ in their own unique confession of faith.All Christian denominations have truth,and error.But because of God's unconditional love,every believer has access to HIM through His Son.
Your testimony is wonderful,because God reached out to you,you did not seek to find Him in some venue.He came to you,which is quite the truth,AS"He first sought me." When the Lord comes to us,we are challenged to be converted by Him.Therefore church orientation and denominational theology and practices do not enter into true conversion.Often people who are powerfully converted are rejected by most churches at first,because somehow they feel they should have a part in it.
Nevertheless we need the Body of Christ,we need communities,and where there are many witnesses,we can have our faith confirmed,and we learn from one another.But there is that personal revelation of Christ that is unique to us all,that which many times meets with resistance from other believers,or members of the denominational systems we find ourselves in.However I have found that ther is great fellowship in the churches,and we draw from one another,and more greatly,we like moss gather from each other,to build on that great ekklesia the church.Along with the faults,the truth strengthens and shapes us all!
May the Lord richly bless you and your loved ones,grow where you are planted,remember no man is an i s l a n d.The Lord always has people of faith for us to be blessed and encouraged by!
WOW!!!!!!! JUST BEAUTIFUL!!!! EVERY WORD!!!!
Thank you!!!
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
People that believed in evil, saw evil "demons" in others ... and tried their utmost to hope that there was only holiness in their selves.
That religious teaching that evil was lurking everywhere was a horrible image to place in the minds of susceptible humans already filled with fear concerning the suffering in life.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
100 Tyrants … History’s Most Evil Despots & Dictators by Nigel Hawthorne … first published in 2005
Hung Hsiu-ch’uan
In a prolonged delirium, Hung claimed to have met God and converted to Christianity. His mission, he claimed, was to expel the ‘demons’– that is, the Manchu rulers from China.
June you really misread Hung Hsiu-ch'uan.He spoke of the spiritual forces that were behind the Manchus,and he was not that ignorant or stupid to think that being extremely outnumbered he would be able to drive out the Manchu leaders,who by the way caused great affliction to their people.

China is one of the most severest persecutiors of Christianity,from the early Mang dynasties to the present under the Communists.In Heaven the Martyrs from China will have quite a section reserved for them,millions of them.Your cheap assessment June of one persecuted Chinese believer will not overshadow the multitudes of Christian saints(Catholic and Evangelical)martyred in China.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW!!!!!!! JUST BEAUTIFUL!!!! EVERY WORD!!!!
Thank you!!!
Your welcome Gtown71.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Everyone should take some time if possible to read about the Chinese history that was very cruel toward its subjects.Godless leaders that often persecuted Buddhists,Christians and other religious.Christians both Catholic and Evangelical met with barbaric treatment,and that not just of the Missionaries,but the Chinese people who chose Christ.No matter what type of torture was used,the Chinese believers no matter what affliation suffered and glorified Crist,ad even begged the Lord to forgive their persecutors.

China's soil is drenched with the blood of many martyrs who died valiantley for Christ.They are the SEED of the Church.Today both Catholics and Evangelicals number in the millions,sering Christ,facing loss of jobs,properties,even families.OFTEN incarcerated and forced to work in labor camps.Each generation will see a new wave of Martyrs,as Atheistic Communism rules in China intollerant to any expression of faith.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Zoey wrote:
<quoted text> You make insulting comments about the RCC. With all due respect,you are ignorant. It's extremely hurtful to our lord Jesus. He instituted the sacrament of reconciliation,as well as the Holy Eucharist. It is truly his body and blood. If you truly understood your bible,the word of God,you'd see that. Pray to the Holy Spirit that he may enlighten you to his truth. Please. You seem like a good man who wants to be led by God. There is much lies perpetuated about the church. Satan is the author of lies. Remember that. May the peace of our risen Lord Jesus lead you,guide you and protect you.
~~~

IT CAN BE SAID OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH...

Rom 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

THOSE THAT HAVE ATTEMPTED TO CONSTRUCT/INVENT ...THEIR OWN REPORT

AND REPLACE THE WORD OF GOD...WITH THEIR OWN REPORT...(CONJECTURE.)

CAN PROMISE NOTHING BUT UNCERTAINTY....NOTHING SECURE CONCERNING THEIR ETERNAL FATE

THEIR END IS AS UNCERTAIN ....AS THEIR MEANS...

ALL IT PROVIDES IS CONTINGENCY...

CONFUSION ASSUMPTIONS AND EMPTINESS.

“No Troll Feeding”

Since: Apr 08

Abortion;OneDeadOneWounded

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry clay, but I'm not a protestant .
I am a born again christian though. Plus it was the catholic teaching that made me come to my conclusion.
the rcc, puts people "mostly lost " into bondage, with vain repetitious prayers, and rituals tha are worthless. One "man " forgiving another man, mary worshipping, prayers for the dead, and most of all taking the only name given, by where we must be saved, and turning it into a vanilla wafer.
That's the biggest scam going. It saddens me to know so many who are caught up into the demonic driven deal. Plus satan is a god "little g " of this world, but you're right about one thing, there is only one God "big G "
Peace.
1]Jesus used repetitive prayers at the ... Garden of Gethesemane Mt 26:36AND, Jesus used the first ritual at THE LAST SUPPER John 6.
Protestants also are repetitive every Sunday they use the same format, just b/c a week passed by doesn’t mean they do not..

2]Confession is in holy Scripture, Jesus gave the authority to his priest to forgive in His Name of course. "Who's sins you shall forgive they are forgiven who's sins you shall retain they are retained. John 20:22-23

3]We do NOT worship Mary, we honor her like we honor our earthly Mother.
Jesus said “Behold your Mother”’ when dying on the cross.

4]Prayers for the dead is in Holy Scripture, you guys dropped 7 books of the Holy Bible so your Bible in incomplete. 2 Maccabees 12:39-46

5]It saddens us Catholics that you follow a man-made church with each own man- made up rules. That's demonic to me. BTW who founded your church?

6]Satan is not a god, he is a fallen angel, pretty much like you.

FYI Jesus started ONE HOLY Church, the Catholic Apostolic Church,, not 40K...of which you are a member of one.[1.2 Billion vs. 1]

If you do not follow the Pope and, the Church Jesus left to continue on earth, you are a protestant.

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Nome of the original apostles were educated...as far as the world's standards is today.
Evidently....they did not meet the standards of the (so called educational standard of the day that they lived in...either
It was said of them....
Act_4:13 Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and
they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.
Even the Apostle Paul ( that was schooled (educated in the Law of Moses said..
1Co_1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel:
-->not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.
1Co_2:4 And -->my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom,
but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
It is the WISDOM AND THE POWER AND ANOINTING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
THAT SETS ANY MAN APART THAT PREACHES GOD'S WORD.
NOT ALSO...
1Co 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
1Co 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
1Co 1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
1Co 1:26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
1Co 1:27 --> But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
1Co 1:28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
1Co 1:29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.
1Co 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
1Co 1:31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.
AMEN Gif

Great words,..it's,the Spirit which led them

I don't know EHAT the poster ment by the,pseudo graph ..

Many with Peter could,read and write,...if he did not do it himself .

They were,his,words....at some point they realized,Jesus,was,not coming back ...right away ..the truth had to be preserved

Plus they were,writing to each other ..
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you are not Protestant or Catholic, but you ARE Christian?
How funny.
What next?
I am not a Protestant or a Catholic either! To me a believer becomes a citizen of heaven,no denomination or "church" has a monopoly to what belongs to G O D! You know June perhaps when you were a believer,your focus was always on the storm in stead of seeing JUST Jesus.Life is full of storms and tumultuos waves.When Jesus called Peter to come into the water,at first Peter walked on the water,going toward the Master who was already walking on the water.But Peter started to sink,because the waves and the storm became his only focus.Peter lost sight of Jesus even though he was so close to Him,and he sunk,started screaming out to the Lord to save him from drowning.

Jesus said"O you of little faith."

June you can still overcome that nagging doubt and disbelief in your life,start focussing on Jesus and let Him lift you out of those waves and storms that hide His beauty from you.Doubt,June leads to disobedience,that is a spiritual law!

“No Troll Feeding”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I am sure that the humanity of the POPE is understood StarC.
We all know that he is but a man.The problem is that down through the ages Popes have declared things ex-cathedra,and although no doubt main and glorious doctrines concerning our Lord have been preserved by Catholics over the centuries, the doctrines concerning Mary:her intercession,her assumption,her being the Immaculate Conception,her being Queen of Heaven,
Pad, if Jesus is king, Blessed Mother IS Queen of Heaven. Rev…Crown with 7 stars.
Revelation 12 Who is the Women Clothed with the Sun?
http://jimmyakin.com/2012/09/revelation-12-wh...

Queen Mother Mary..
“Jesus Christ is the heir of King David, He is the fulfillment of the covenant promises made to David in 2 Samuel 7:16; 23:5, and repeated to Mary in Luke 1:26-36 [see the chart comparing the promises to David and Mary in the Chart section on the New Testament/ Mary]. Mary's son rules from the Kingdom of the heavenly Jerusalem. It is fitting that His mother should enjoy the same role that other Davidic Queen mothers enjoyed, that is the royal office of the heavenly Gebirah. It is in this sense that Catholics call her "the Queen of Heaven" and not in the pagan sense of that title as it is translated in English and found in Jeremiah 7:18; 44:17, 18, 19, & 25; which is a designation for an Egyptian goddess. Since Jeremiah uses both terms, the Hebrew title Gebirah for the Queen mother of a Judahite king of the House of David, and the Hebrew word "queen" = meleketh for the Egyptian goddess, it is obvious there one does NOT equate to the other.”

It was a word from Jesus’ Mother that Jesus performed His first miracle.
We ask her to pray for us.[Rv 8:3-4] Our Blessed Mother has more power over prayer then any of your friends.
Don’t you dare ask your friends to pray for you again, they CANNOT do anything for you.(being facetious here)
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Why is it so hard to believe that Mary was without sin, when God created Adam and Eve without sin?
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>
and the latest or more recent,Mary being the Spouse of the Holy Spirit,raised the radar of all non-Catholic Christians who rely on the Word,and lean heavily on Judaic ancient beliefs that abhor the worship or veneration of images,and human beings.
The Holy Spirit DID descend upon Blessed Mother, and it is NOT ‘most recent.’ Its in Holy Scripture since day one, always there!
Catholics have statues in our churches [and so do other churches, protestant church], b/c they are used as visual tools, nothing more. We do NOT worship statues b/c a statues DID NOT DIE FOR OUR SINS!

“No Troll Feeding”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

Continue for Pad
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>
Also Purgatory is very questionable,not because Christians who are not RC do not understand sin and the need to purge ourselves of it.
Nor are we so callous to sin that we do not basically know that we are deserving of every punishment that could be put upon us because of our own sins.
But Purgatory is without a doubt the most radical insult to the GRACE and Crucifixion of our Lord Jesus Christ.It wreaks of diminishing the whole purpose of the Cross to begin with.Especially when any person would pay indulgence fees,or give for the purpose of easing their time in Purgatory.
Old Testament talks about a purging of sin. You don’t know about it b/c you guys deleted 7 books of the Holy Bible.
http://www.newadvent.org/library/almanac_this...
“I was told that devout Jews believe in purgatory. Is this true?
In essence, yes, though they do not call it purgatory. Jews do believe in a purification (a purgation) which takes place after death. When a Jewish person's loved one dies, it is customary to pray on his behalf for eleven months using a prayer known as the mourner's Qaddish (derived from the Hebrew word meaning "holy"). This prayer is used to ask God to hasten the purification of the loved one's soul. The Qaddish is prayed for only eleven months because it is thought to be an insult to imply that the loved one's sins were so severe that he would require a full year of purification.

The practice of praying for the dead has been part of the Jewish faith since before Christ. Remember that 2 Maccabees 12:39-46, on which Catholics base their observance of this practice, show that, a century and a half before Christ, prayer for the dead was taken for granted. Unlike Protestantism, Catholicism has preserved this authentic element of Judeo-Christian faith.”

It dose not diminishing Jesus dying on the cross at ALL, we all know what HE did for us.
When we face Jesus we must be pure as snow. Read……Rev.‘Nothing unclean shall enter.”
I thought you told us before you didn’t believe in OSAS, changed your mind???
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>
That is clear proof that the individual is completely clueless about g r a c e.
The only opposite to grace is NO grace,either we are saved by grace or we are not.Either His Blood is sufficient enough for our redemption or it is not.Purgatory does not in any way glorify our Lord Jesus Christ and WHAT HE accomplished on Calvary.And Catholics should ask themselves why the need for scapulars to shorten their time in Purgatory,if in fact purgatory is what it should be the most positive alternative to HELL,than of course a gate way to heaven?
If there is anyone that is clueless about grace, it is YOU!
You will not know you are ‘saved’ until you come face to face with Jesus on judgment day. You are being brained washed by your 20th century church.
In your church you will either go to heaven or hell…. That’s sad.
What if you sinned, then got hit by a car and died…. Without repenting?? Hmmm???

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Pad wrote:
Everyone should take some time if possible to read about the Chinese history that was very cruel toward its subjects.Godless leaders that often persecuted Buddhists,Christians and other religious.Christians both Catholic and Evangelical met with barbaric treatment,and that not just of the Missionaries,but the Chinese people who chose Christ.No matter what type of torture was used,the Chinese believers no matter what affliation suffered and glorified Crist,ad even begged the Lord to forgive their persecutors.
China's soil is drenched with the blood of many martyrs who died valiantley for Christ.They are the SEED of the Church.Today both Catholics and Evangelicals number in the millions,sering Christ,facing loss of jobs,properties,even families.OFTEN incarcerated and forced to work in labor camps.Each generation will see a new wave of Martyrs,as Atheistic Communism rules in China intollerant to any expression of faith.
As,far as I have seen atheism is as much of a "religion" a belief system bereft of God ...as the most extremist of conventional religious belief

Communists ..no God involved have slaughtered in the name of Communism .
Religions may get extreme..they have done evil in God's,name .

ATHEISTS have power in Communist Countries ..And I believe would d o the same here if they could ...

We now have a secular and Socialist government ...what next

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I am not a Protestant or a Catholic either! To me a believer becomes a citizen of heaven,no denomination or "church" has a monopoly to what belongs to G O D! You know June perhaps when you were a believer,your focus was always on the storm in stead of seeing JUST Jesus.Life is full of storms and tumultuos waves.When Jesus called Peter to come into the water,at first Peter walked on the water,going toward the Master who was already walking on the water.But Peter started to sink,because the waves and the storm became his only focus.Peter lost sight of Jesus even though he was so close to Him,and he sunk,started screaming out to the Lord to save him from drowning.
Jesus said"O you of little faith."
June you can still overcome that nagging doubt and disbelief in your life,start focussing on Jesus and let Him lift you out of those waves and storms that hide His beauty from you.Doubt,June leads to disobedience,that is a spiritual law!
Your words on Peter losing focus are so true ..

It's so easy in our lives to lose that focus ..worrying is
Something we all have in common.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
1]Jesus used repetitive prayers at the ... Garden of Gethesemane Mt 26:36AND, Jesus used the first ritual at THE LAST SUPPER John 6.
Protestants also are repetitive every Sunday they use the same format, just b/c a week passed by doesn’t mean they do not..
2]Confession is in holy Scripture, Jesus gave the authority to his priest to forgive in His Name of course. "Who's sins you shall forgive they are forgiven who's sins you shall retain they are retained. John 20:22-23
3]We do NOT worship Mary, we honor her like we honor our earthly Mother.
Jesus said “Behold your Mother”’ when dying on the cross.
4]Prayers for the dead is in Holy Scripture, you guys dropped 7 books of the Holy Bible so your Bible in incomplete. 2 Maccabees 12:39-46
5]It saddens us Catholics that you follow a man-made church with each own man- made up rules. That's demonic to me. BTW who founded your church?
6]Satan is not a god, he is a fallen angel, pretty much like you.
FYI Jesus started ONE HOLY Church, the Catholic Apostolic Church,, not 40K...of which you are a member of one.[1.2 Billion vs. 1]
If you do not follow the Pope and, the Church Jesus left to continue on earth, you are a protestant.
Number 3 is totally a false statement by you StarC, do we make statues of our earthly mothers,and parade them around on pedestals?Do we name buildings after our earthly mothers,and build huge shrines to them,have large crowds sing praises to them and kneel before a statue of our earthly mothers?

Sorry Star C,you are wrong.our earthly mothers will never receive even a smidgen of praise and veneration (worship) that mary the Mother of our Lord receives from Roman Catholics,and Orthodox,Coptics as well.So you should not try to diminish what is really the truth concerning Mary in Roman Catholicism!

“No Troll Feeding”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

Zoey wrote:
<quoted text> You make insulting comments about the RCC. With all due respect,you are ignorant. It's extremely hurtful to our lord Jesus. He instituted the sacrament of reconciliation,as well as the Holy Eucharist. It is truly his body and blood. If you truly understood your bible,the word of God,you'd see that. Pray to the Holy Spirit that he may enlighten you to his truth. Please. You seem like a good man who wants to be led by God. There is much lies perpetuated about the church. Satan is the author of lies. Remember that. May the peace of our risen Lord Jesus lead you,guide you and protect you.
Amen, Zoey.

“No Troll Feeding”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Oxbow,I come from a n Italian/Irish/Eastern European AMERICAN background.IN that my people were very ethnic,yet also very American in loyalty. Roman Catholicism our Church,along with being solid Democrats in political bias.I can't tell you how much we loved John F. Kennedy and his wife Jackie! Attended Catholic school only from [****] kindergarten to 4th grade.My mother was concerned that I was becoming a narrow-minded RC boy,as the majority of the people in our neighborhoods were Catholic.I remember being very prejudiced of anything not RC,my cousins and I mocked prots and Jews.
That bothered my mother intensely as she had Jewish friends,and she was involved with prots as well in public ventures.My father was an atheist,he hated religion,but was good at using it when it served his purpose.
He loved money Oxbow,and he use to volunteer for taking collection with those long handled collection baskets used by the RCCh 50 years ago.My brother,I will never forget showed such contempt toward my father when he would help with the collection,as my father was mean and hard to live with at home,and he openly cursed God and religious people.The first time I ever saw my father yield from his atheistic stance was when JFKennedy was assasinated.He made the sign of the cross,I was shocked.He was raised an Irish Catholic,but for some reason I never knew he hated religion,he never discussed why?
I was the opposite of my father,I loved the beautiful Catholic Churches,Loved the Masses with the choirs(ITALIAN,and Eastern European).We visited different churches,sometimes Italian,sometimes Slovak and Ukrainian(Uniates).I really liked the Uniate choirs,fantastic.When I say we,I mean for the most part,my mom,Grandmother and myself.My brother only wanted to attend the Irish parish,Saint Peter's or Our Lady Queen of Peace.
For the first time English was used in the RC Liturgy world-wide,my grandmother and I attended such in Saint Mary's RCCH in Nutley,New JERSEY. Naturally I was born and raised in New Jersey.
I went to a teacher's college in Wisconsin after high school,that is were I first was taken out of my environment,although the years in public school helped me to be more sensitive to non-Catholics.There were many Jews and protestants in the public schools.My brother however remained in Catholic school all through high school as well.(My mother was happy when I ceased to show contempt toward non-Catholics,public school was good for me.My brother was prejudice,but he was also quite popular,good looking and friends with everyone. Continued!
Sooo……. Pad, back in the day you told us you were in a Catholic orphanage and molested by a priest. Was that a lie??
Now you are changing your story, which is it???.
Methinks you are a very good ‘story teller.’

Just sayin'.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
As,far as I have seen atheism is as much of a "religion" a belief system bereft of God ...as the most extremist of conventional religious belief
Communists ..no God involved have slaughtered in the name of Communism .
Religions may get extreme..they have done evil in God's,name .
ATHEISTS have power in Communist Countries ..And I believe would d o the same here if they could ...
We now have a secular and Socialist government ...what next
You are right RoSesz,and that is scary in regards to this nation.I hope and pray God will intervene before we become decadently Socialistic and the Empire of relativism.How we deal with Israel will determine God's ultimate blessings on this nation as well!
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

StarC wrote:
Continue for Pad
<quoted text>
Old Testament talks about a purging of sin. You don’t know about it b/c you guys deleted 7 books of the Holy Bible.
http://www.newadvent.org/library/almanac_this...
“I was told that devout Jews believe in purgatory. Is this true?
In essence, yes, though they do not call it purgatory. Jews do believe in a purification (a purgation) which takes place after death. When a Jewish person's loved one dies, it is customary to pray on his behalf for eleven months using a prayer known as the mourner's Qaddish (derived from the Hebrew word meaning "holy"). This prayer is used to ask God to hasten the purification of the loved one's soul. The Qaddish is prayed for only eleven months because it is thought to be an insult to imply that the loved one's sins were so severe that he would require a full year of purification.
The practice of praying for the dead has been part of the Jewish faith since before Christ. Remember that 2 Maccabees 12:39-46, on which Catholics base their observance of this practice, show that, a century and a half before Christ, prayer for the dead was taken for granted. Unlike Protestantism, Catholicism has preserved this authentic element of Judeo-Christian faith.”
It dose not diminishing Jesus dying on the cross at ALL, we all know what HE did for us.
When we face Jesus we must be pure as snow. Read……Rev.‘Nothing unclean shall enter.”
I thought you told us before you didn’t believe in OSAS, changed your mind???
<quoted text>
If there is anyone that is clueless about grace, it is YOU!
You will not know you are ‘saved’ until you come face to face with Jesus on judgment day. You are being brained washed by your 20th century church.
In your church you will either go to heaven or hell…. That’s sad.
What if you sinned, then got hit by a car and died…. Without repenting?? Hmmm???
Guess StarC you do not believe in the GIFT of Eternal Life that is only given to us by who? The Lord Jesus Christ.Your last question has some merit,but you forget that Eternal Life when it is obtained through repentance and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ is irrevocable. Our salvation is never dependent on our merit or our works,but on the Sacrifice of Jesus,His gift of Eternal Life is that which gives every believer entrance into the Kingdom of the Father.

Nevertheless StarC,Purgatory being a place of purging should be the most positive alternative to HELL or Hades. If I have to spend time in Purgatory,than I would be willing ,as I know that the gift of Eternal Life long supercedes the short time I may have to be purged of the dross.Having special dispensations from worshiping Mary and wearing some thing around my neck to shorten my stay in Purgatory wreaks of human carnality,a human reasoning that possess the minds of those that scheme and plot for a shorter sentence for their crimes.

I personally do not believe a Purgatory exists,and to use Jewish philosophy about how they atone for their sins to justify a purgatory is denying the Perfect Sacrifice of Jesus Christ to Save to the uttermost.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 456,441 - 456,460 of512,181
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

640 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min It aint necessarily so 680,248
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 min Dang It 109,601
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 min EdmondWA 89,575
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 7 min ashley 253
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 10 min Dr Shrink 38,019
Why do people not believe in God? (Feb '07) 12 min Some1 Else 24,626
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 17 min -USA-1 37,865
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 50 min sweets2360 217,042
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 11 hr sakib 47
•••
•••
•••