Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670153 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#473119 Aug 26, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
"for Christianity its either the Catholic faith or nothing"
I'm speaking about the revelation of truth; the communication from God, of the Gospel to mankind. I'm not speaking of salvation.
If Jesus Christ is real, and knowing the Gospel is essential for eternal life, then there is no way that He designed the important communication of the Gospel to filter thru Confrint, Preston, Ox, Chuck, old G and 50,000 other like minded individuals. Our Lord would not have relied of these guys and their yellow highlighted marker to decipher His Ministry, 1900 yrs after the Apostles preached it! There is no way.
There can only be one truth; therefore one Church and one fold. Its gotta be the Catholic Church or no one.
GIF, Chuck and myself have NEVER deviated from what the Bible SAYS. we have used the Bible to give you our POV on many different disagreements that we feel you and your false cult possess. YOU have always been welcome to use the Bible to prove us Wrong.

NOT ONE TIME HAVE YOU EVER BEEN ABLE TO PROVE US NEGLIGENT ON OUR BELIEFS. yes we sometimes differ on our own personal doctrines, BUT NEVER ON THE MAIN ISSUE OF BEING BORN AGAIN, WHICH DOESNT INCLUDE BEING SPRINKELED WITH WATER FROM A LARGE SPOON WHEN WE WERE A LITTLE BABY.

and NOW speaking entirely for myself, lets see you point out one thing that I have said which would be different than what was said by my friends(Apostles) as recorded in their writings.

and ONE word in your post makes me different than you. that word is [if], for me there is no [if]. Jesus Christ is real and I know that for a fact.

you on the other hand don't know that, since your cult teaches YOU that it and it alone is the way to salvation, and when you die, you will see that you were lied to and Preston told you the Only Way to Salvation.

now you can laugh and you along with your cohorts on this forum can mock our words, but through out eternity, they will haunt you.
LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#473120 Aug 26, 2013
THE TURE HOLY CHURCH OF GOD IS STILL BEING BUILT .
It will be till Jesus returns.

Location hidden

#473121 Aug 26, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
tHE STATE June IS IN; SHE WILL NOT GO TO HEAVEN .
SHE DOESN'T BELIEVE IN JESUS, SHE IS NOT SAVED.
GOD WILL NOT LET SIN ENTER INTO HIS KINGDOM.
CAN GOD LET IN YES, WILL HE NO.
June doesn't realize or care that the Bible is not a auto-biographical book written by Jesus.

It is a Book that shows us and teaches us about Jesus and the Way of Salvation through Him.

nothing more and certainly nothing less.

No person will get Saved by attending some church and applying their rituals and thereby gaining Heaven. just don't work that way and some people will find that out to their dismay someday

Since: Nov 08

usa

#473122 Aug 26, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Can anyone ever give a straight answer to nothing?
I can

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#473123 Aug 26, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>I can
You can try, but I'd submit an answer to nothing really isn't an answer but a statement.

But I could be wrong.

Location hidden

#473124 Aug 26, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>I can
read the question again.
Just Sayin

Mount Juliet, TN

#473125 Aug 26, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Two things in err with your post....
a. The so-called "Church" has not been defined completely.
b. The so-called "Church" does not have any "truth" to defend against, only those ides that they thought were acceptable.
What is it like to live in a world where there is no truth, only a myriad of opinions?

Since: Nov 08

usa

#473126 Aug 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Within the theology, most of the life of Jesus is missing, and yet they supposedly knew ahead of time that he was going to be a savior. Why were all those details missing if he was an expected savior? They should have been interviewing him at every chance ... but the theologians admit that most of his life on earth was not recorded!
And nowhere on earth is there a signature of this man they called Jesus. He never wrote anything or signed anything. The made-up stories were all written ABOUT him.
The stories are so phony that had the followers wanted to see the loop-holes, they were right before their eyes.
But that promise of salvation and eternal bliss was luring them on and they FELL for the bait put before them by the theologians.
this is interesting, why didn't a historian sit and talk to him? never really thought about that, cause all you hear from Catholics when asked a question an why people didn't know this or that, is because people were illiterate, B.S.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#473127 Aug 26, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>GIF, Chuck and myself have NEVER deviated from what the Bible SAYS. we have used the Bible to give you our POV on many different disagreements that we feel you and your false cult possess. YOU have always been welcome to use the Bible to prove us Wrong.
NOT ONE TIME HAVE YOU EVER BEEN ABLE TO PROVE US NEGLIGENT ON OUR BELIEFS. yes we sometimes differ on our own personal doctrines, BUT NEVER ON THE MAIN ISSUE OF BEING BORN AGAIN, WHICH DOESNT INCLUDE BEING SPRINKELED WITH WATER FROM A LARGE SPOON WHEN WE WERE A LITTLE BABY.
and NOW speaking entirely for myself, lets see you point out one thing that I have said which would be different than what was said by my friends(Apostles) as recorded in their writings.
and ONE word in your post makes me different than you. that word is [if], for me there is no [if]. Jesus Christ is real and I know that for a fact.
you on the other hand don't know that, since your cult teaches YOU that it and it alone is the way to salvation, and when you die, you will see that you were lied to and Preston told you the Only Way to Salvation.
now you can laugh and you along with your cohorts on this forum can mock our words, but through out eternity, they will haunt you.
Don't gimme that, Preston. You must be hallucinating. All of Catholicism is Biblical and we've shown it time and time again. You reject it. Why you think you can reject and accept Biblical teachings is beyond comprehension.
You say Jesus taught that everything concerning His Ministry is only spelled out in verse verse and more verses?
That's not how the Gospel was conveyed and you know it.
Your premise is that people in the first century read the writings of some of the Apostles, and formed a group based on what they could 'figure out'. Apparently some people read Matthew 16:18 and thought Peter was the first Pope, so they began the Catholic Church based on that?
The Catholic Church came first and THEN those writings.

Your religion(s) on the other hand, DID read those writings and you DID form a church based on what you read. Stay tuned, more of those 'churches' are forming every week.

God would not communicate the truth in this manner.

“Matthew 8:22”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#473128 Aug 26, 2013
Is anybody knows where I can find Eastern Orthodox Holy Bible in English ??
Clay

Garden City, MI

#473129 Aug 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
What if it is a simple as this.
The Church started with the Apostles. And grew into an institution that became very intertwined with Emperor and kings later on. The kings used the authority of religion and the Church used the authority of the kings.
GOd did not want this political institution to be the ONLY way His word was spread.
He allowed for the Reformation..the distribution of bibles and the spread if His Word across the seas. NOTHING that big could happen without Him.
GOD blessed our country for its basic faithfulness and allowed us to ally with Israel.
Our internet and television ministries both Catholic and non spread the Good Word all over.
Our missionaries both Catholic and Non do wonderful work in poor places and Spread the Good Word.
He allowed this country to become a shining city .
He allowed for Vatican 2
He allowed for Popes who are now independent of kings and politics and ask for UNITY between the brethren...meaning us.
And for good relations with Israel
And He allowed for the generalized ACTUAL BIBLE study along with the catechism they had. For Catholics..with actual bibles
GOD HAS ALWAYS HAD A,PLAN for His,Church.(His Bride..the believers)
And maybe He needed alliance with the Emperor's to preserve His word.
But HE obviously did not desire that it be kept locked up for ONLY the clergy to interpret.
GOD ALLOWED all of this.
I believe He used ALL of theses methods including the printing press...tv..And internet..So that His word would be spread as far as,possible before the END TIMES.
Catholics BELIEVE it's only through them we are saved
We believe in the Bible as the way.
Maybe for each time in history it was through both .
So that most who hear will believe the ONLY NECESSARY WORD.
Jesus died for our Sins. We need to repent and receive Him. He is the Way..The Truth and the Light.
AT SOME POINT..it will be too late..He wants that none shall perish
Imo..to jealously say I AM THE ONLY WAY Is so wrong.
GOD allowed the Reformation so more of His word was spread ..period.
GOD allowed the Church in Rome to copy and preserve scripture.
We needed each other.to do His will.
And it is folly to believe differently. Imo
If there are errors in how we practice ....GOD WILL CORRECT THEM.
But the WORD ..JESUS IS THE WAY. Is His word and it will go out because He wants it to by what ever means He allows
And the Spirit will show us the truth in the Word.
Impossible. The Gospel is essential for truth. You guys preach a different Gospel than what the Apostles taught- beginning with the most severe example: the Eucharist. You do not preach what the Apostles preached concerning the bread and wine. I know you guys think you do. You now have the luxury of interpreting their words yourselves and eliminating what their Disciples wrote... Therefore you can form whatever teachings you want because some knucklehead told you the NT and private revelation of the Bible is the will of God.
Protestantism begins with a series of lies, Rose. Therefore it couldn't possibly be the will of God. Lies are only from the Devil.

Location hidden

#473130 Aug 26, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't gimme that, Preston. You must be hallucinating.
guess that you were afraid to take my dare, uh?Prove me wrong by using the Bible to show where I am wrong on anything that I have ever said. and you got thousands of posts of mine to choose from
Clay

Garden City, MI

#473131 Aug 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
What if it is a simple as this.
The Church started with the Apostles. And grew into an institution that became very intertwined with Emperor and kings later on. The kings used the authority of religion and the Church used the authority of the kings.
GOd did not want this political institution to be the ONLY way His word was spread.
He allowed for the Reformation..the distribution of bibles and the spread if His Word across the seas. NOTHING that big could happen without Him.
GOD blessed our country for its basic faithfulness and allowed us to ally with Israel.
Our internet and television ministries both Catholic and non spread the Good Word all over.
Our missionaries both Catholic and Non do wonderful work in poor places and Spread the Good Word.
He allowed this country to become a shining city .
He allowed for Vatican 2
He allowed for Popes who are now independent of kings and politics and ask for UNITY between the brethren...meaning us.
And for good relations with Israel
And He allowed for the generalized ACTUAL BIBLE study along with the catechism they had. For Catholics..with actual bibles
GOD HAS ALWAYS HAD A,PLAN for His,Church.(His Bride..the believers)
And maybe He needed alliance with the Emperor's to preserve His word.
But HE obviously did not desire that it be kept locked up for ONLY the clergy to interpret.
GOD ALLOWED all of this.
I believe He used ALL of theses methods including the printing press...tv..And internet..So that His word would be spread as far as,possible before the END TIMES.
Catholics BELIEVE it's only through them we are saved
We believe in the Bible as the way.
Maybe for each time in history it was through both .
So that most who hear will believe the ONLY NECESSARY WORD.
Jesus died for our Sins. We need to repent and receive Him. He is the Way..The Truth and the Light.
AT SOME POINT..it will be too late..He wants that none shall perish
Imo..to jealously say I AM THE ONLY WAY Is so wrong.
GOD allowed the Reformation so more of His word was spread ..period.
GOD allowed the Church in Rome to copy and preserve scripture.
We needed each other.to do His will.
And it is folly to believe differently. Imo
If there are errors in how we practice ....GOD WILL CORRECT THEM.
But the WORD ..JESUS IS THE WAY. Is His word and it will go out because He wants it to by what ever means He allows
And the Spirit will show us the truth in the Word.
Again, Rose... There is no doubt Protestants do many good charitable works. I've met very good and godly Protestants who'll be in Heaven some day for sure.

The title of this thread does not take away the good and noble people of Protestantland. I'm sorry, but when the Pope speakes of unity with non Catholic Christians, he's not validating your Biblical beliefs. He's not talking about incorporating Protestant opinions on the Bible...

You say Christ is your savior. You confess that Jesus is the Messiah and thru no other name can we be saved. Well, that's good. We can all meet there then, because we're Christians. I'm just saying, leave the Bible interpretations to the Church that gathered, edited, compiled and protected it. If you wanna know what the Apostles taught, then check out the writings of their students- especially Ignatius of Antioch, because he documented a great deal. His writings are priceless.
The word of God is the Word of God, Rose. You can't undo it like Protestantism has.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#473132 Aug 26, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>guess that you were afraid to take my dare, uh?Prove me wrong by using the Bible to show where I am wrong on anything that I have ever said. and you got thousands of posts of mine to choose from
I swear every one of you self proclaimed pastors just itch to get into a Bible verse warfare match.

Sorry sir, I know better. I say this verse. You reject it. I say that verse. You reject it. I show you a written letter from a man that learned the Gospel from Peter and John, and you call him a 'Kook'.

You know that nothin will show you that you're wrong. Your mind is made up. I won't take your bait.
But for the sake of ending the discussion once and for all, why don't you simply show from one of your verses, where Christ instructed that a Bible be compiled for the SOLE source of revelation on His Ministry.
Really, sola scriptura is the first lie that Protestantism let into their faith. From there, everything derailed.
LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#473133 Aug 26, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>June doesn't realize or care that the Bible is not a auto-biographical book written by Jesus.
It is a Book that shows us and teaches us about Jesus and the Way of Salvation through Him.
nothing more and certainly nothing less.
No person will get Saved by attending some church and applying their rituals and thereby gaining Heaven. just don't work that way and some people will find that out to their dismay someday
I totally agree Preston, June doesn't like what's in the Bible therefore God does not exist to her.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#473134 Aug 26, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't gimme that, Preston. You must be hallucinating. All of Catholicism is Biblical and we've shown it time and time again. You reject it. Why you think you can reject and accept Biblical teachings is beyond comprehension.
You say Jesus taught that everything concerning His Ministry is only spelled out in verse verse and more verses?
That's not how the Gospel was conveyed and you know it.
Your premise is that people in the first century read the writings of some of the Apostles, and formed a group based on what they could 'figure out'. Apparently some people read Matthew 16:18 and thought Peter was the first Pope, so they began the Catholic Church based on that?
The Catholic Church came first and THEN those writings.
Your religion(s) on the other hand, DID read those writings and you DID form a church based on what you read. Stay tuned, more of those 'churches' are forming every week.
God would not communicate the truth in this manner.
God communicates the Truth to us in this manner;

1 John 2:27
But the anointing which ye have received of Him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in Him.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#473135 Aug 26, 2013
marge wrote:
Pad!
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols.
Blessings to you and your wife and son and daughter.
I will definitely receive that Marge.Thank you,and may the Lord richly bless you and your family as well!
Pad

Rockford, IL

#473136 Aug 26, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok Pad, you really need to answer a couple questions. I often hear you say the Church is 'a body of believers; misc groups of believers I presume?
It appears you're re-defining what the Church should be. Clearly, the first century Church appears to be a hierarchal set up with an authoritative teaching Magisterium. It stayed this way in Christendom for 1,600 yrs. So who exactly is in your 'Body of believers'?
Also, many of you hammer away at the title 'Roman' Catholic. I understand why. You need to present the Church as a barbaric Romanistic type. But this title is not an official title. It was given to us by Protestants. We are simply the Catholic Church in communion with the Bishop of Rome. There are over 20 Catholic Churches. They are just as legit as the Roman rite.
I often hear you guys say how the ROMAN Catholic Church corrupted the faith... But without a doubt, the Dogma and Doctrines you guys dispute were in place a couple hundred yrs before 313 AD.
Everyone else on this forum relies on forced ignorance, Pad. Address these questions without being one of them. There are so many questions you guys run away from.... Its like many have faith, but without reason and logic. And I don't think that's being true to oneself. You gotta have reason and logic along with faith.
People are converted to Christ Clay,not matter.People have souls,spirits,minds and the flesh. We all have the curse of sin to start with.The truth of the Scriptures,and the testimony of those Apostles in Scripture challenge the mindset of People to Repent of their SIN,and allow the sacrifice of the Savior to cleanse them from sin.

The fact that organizations,denominations and CHURCH institutions were created does not take away from the fact Clay,that PEOPLE must make that decision to either receive Christ or reject Him.It is that decision that brings the individual who is open to Christ to become born-again of His Spirit.That Born-again entry as it were,brings the individual to a spiritual life,that they did not have before they were born-again.It is a fact that throughout Christian affiliations,MEN and WOMEN are given the revelation of these things by the Holy Spirit and Him alone.The Holy Spirit reveals JESUS to us,not an organization.The organization may bring a knowledge about the life of Jesus and what He did and said,but only the Holy Spirit,CLAY, can reveal the living Christ to you personally.

That revelation is the bond that all believers HAVE in Christ and make us one in His Spirit.No organization can do that,I do not care what you want to name it.ONLY the Holy Spirit can reveal Christ to you,and bring you into that holy fellowship in the Spiritual realm,that is in Heavenly places in Christ Jesus.Your organization,nor mine has that ability!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#473137 Aug 26, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Quoting the Catholic Encyclopedia is not distorting, twisting,
I pray that by the Grace of God, your eyes and ears will someday be opened. At the present time you are blind as a bat and deaf as a stone!!!!
"My eyes HAVE been opened",(WIDE) TO THE TRUTH, by the Spirit of God through His Son Jesus "after 35 years of being indoctrinated, duped and deceived by this "distorted" Protestant----bible only teaching of false bible interpreting lies, that is NOTHING but a man-made (invented) HALF-TRUTH, HALF-HERESY Christian doctrine of deceit!! YOU CAN HAVE IT, OX!!! IT IS "ALL" YOURS!!.....
I/we as Catholics will continue (along with the other 1.4 billion Catholics around the world) to worship, follow and adhere to the TRUTH of the TRUE historical and biblically interpretation of the Bible and the TRUE GOSPEL of Jesus Christ in and through HIS ONE (and only One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church!...YOU,OX, CAN DO WHAT YOU WANT!!!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#473138 Aug 26, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Distressed hojo?*sighs*
Hey everyone - hojo needs a HUG!!!!
*HUG*
I've got THE TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church, to "embrace" each and every day, at Daily Mass, the Eucharist (Jesus' TRUE BODY and TRUE BLOOD, the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible, the 7 Sacraments, and the Adoration Prayer Chapel with the Blessed Sacrament, praying for your misguided, condemning and judgmental anti-catholic souls!!..... You, New Age can "LUV" yourself to death!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Aura Mytha 99,666
No Walls! Don't fence Me In! 16 min bad bob 16
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 27 min bad bob 184,252
Hot Sale Nike Kyrie Irving 3 Basketball Shoes O... 44 min European resident 3
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 48 min Jehova Witness 619,369
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr wade2 445,633
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr chazmo 286,432
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 hr nanoanomaly 980,036
the new gay skype Sat codyh 2
More from around the web