Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646525 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#472993 Aug 25, 2013
Zoroastrianism

A savior (saoshyant) and an afterlife with judgment and resurrection, are other elements of Zoroastrianism, according to A Dictionary of Asian Mythology. Death is the work of Ahriman; the soul, of Ahura Mazda.

http://ancienthistory.about.com/od/religionmy...

Quesnel, Canada

#472994 Aug 25, 2013
Jainism

A Tirthankaras in Jainism, is a savior who has succeeded in crossing over life's stream of rebirths and has made a path for others to follow.

http://realhistoryww.com/world_history/ancien...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#472995 Aug 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you by chance noticed the other supposed saviors preached by those in other religions???
My guess is, you ignore those saviors as myths and try to impress upon others that the Jesus-myth is REAL.
You are your own jokester.
No,unlike you June,I don't pay much attention to the other faiths and what they believe in.I stick to my own Christian faith.

Quesnel, Canada

#472996 Aug 25, 2013
Question: "What is Shintoism?"

Answer: Shintoism is a purely Japanese religion, the origins of which are buried in the hazy mists of ancient Japanese history. It is one of the worldÂ’s oldest religions. The Japanese people have a fierce love for their land and believe that the Japanese islands were the very first divine creation. In fact, Shintoism teaches that no other land is divine, making Japan uniquely special in the world. Not surprisingly, Shintoism is not popular outside of Japan.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/Shintoism.html#ix...

Quesnel, Canada

#472997 Aug 25, 2013
If some lands are holy ... which ones according to theologians are evil???

My guess is, as land is worth money on earth, by money hungry theologians, no land is considered as evil.

Shysters!

Quesnel, Canada

#472998 Aug 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>No,unlike you June,I don't pay much attention to the other faiths
NO KIDDING!

:)

That is WHY you are certain that a god perceives you and your group of devotees as the only reason he is living. Without you and your worship ... he would die of malnutrition.

:)

Quesnel, Canada

#472999 Aug 25, 2013
Wherever in the world Christian missionaries landed, it wasn't long before they ruled over the locals with their religion and to add insult to injury, they stole the lands from the locals.

And they referred to that behavior as "love."
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#473000 Aug 25, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ spoke to the seven (7) churches of which He did not refer to any one of them as "Catholic " "catholic" "Roman Catholic" Catholic Church"....because none were!!!!!
Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write
And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write
And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write
And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write;
And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write;
And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write
And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write
Just more of the same old heretical anti-catholic "propaganda". TRUE Church HISTORY (recorded after the death of Christ) confirm these Churches "were ALL CATHOLIC" Ignatius verified it in 070AD when he said, "Wherever the Bishops are present, the Catholic Church is also there"!!!!THERE WAS NO BIBLE until 397 AD when the Early Church Fathers formed and assembled the Canon of Scripture, giving you "fundies" the Bible that you twist,misquote manipulate, misinterpret and spin the meaning to "make it mean ONLY what you want it to mean". You OX are living on an "isolated island" of lies and deceit!!! Even the vast majority of your Protestant believers "reject" your distorted and perverted "personal opinionated" rubbish!!!!

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#473001 Aug 25, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Just more of the same old heretical anti-catholic "propaganda". TRUE Church HISTORY (recorded after the death of Christ) confirm these Churches "were ALL CATHOLIC" Ignatius verified it in 070AD when he said, "Wherever the Bishops are present, the Catholic Church is also there"!!!!THERE WAS NO BIBLE until 397 AD when the Early Church Fathers formed and assembled the Canon of Scripture, giving you "fundies" the Bible that you twist,misquote manipulate, misinterpret and spin the meaning to "make it mean ONLY what you want it to mean". You OX are living on an "isolated island" of lies and deceit!!! Even the vast majority of your Protestant believers "reject" your distorted and perverted "personal opinionated" rubbish!!!!
Two of those churches Christ had no use for. They had certain short comings so to speak. Which two were they?
Oxbow

Westlake, LA

#473002 Aug 25, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Don't go making a religion out ofa statement that Paul made which is yet another statement that totally goes over the heads of you church people. As my pastor stated,not only does he require women to be silent in the church buthe also require that men be silent as well. No one should be talking when the word of God is going forth so BOTH MEN and WOMEN should be silent in the church when the man of God is teaching. Don't don't just blame women but men as well if they're talking when the word of God is going forth.
Are you one of these misled people that believes that women should not preach?
Oh you don't want me to straighten you out about that topic.
When you have something to say on the matter that makes a reasonable amount of sense...get back to me...
marge

Leesburg, GA

#473003 Aug 25, 2013
then Oxbow what your saying is God did Not come to us in the flesh?
Oxbow

Westlake, LA

#473004 Aug 25, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Scripture, as quoted, is not old heretical anti-catholic "propaganda". Its gospel truth....

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#473005 Aug 25, 2013
Hey look at this you guys. You guys remember the Darling family performing this song on the Andy Griffith show?( yes I watch the Andy Griffith show. Hersh,LOL).

http://www.metrolyrics.com/there-is-a-time-ly...
marge

Leesburg, GA

#473006 Aug 25, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Hojo.

We reject him saying Jesus is not God and his attitude and delivery, thats about it, otherwise he is way more correct in his teachings than any catholic here.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#473007 Aug 25, 2013
poor June
marge

Leesburg, GA

#473008 Aug 25, 2013
Pad!

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols.

Blessings to you and your wife and son and daughter.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#473009 Aug 25, 2013
June, God can even turn hearts of stone into hearts of flesh that know they need God.

I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.

You too can be a child of God:)

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#473010 Aug 25, 2013
marge wrote:
Pad!
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
And exactly what does this mean to YOU?
marge

Leesburg, GA

#473011 Aug 25, 2013
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
Oxbow

Westlake, LA

#473012 Aug 25, 2013
marge wrote:
then Oxbow what your saying is God did Not come to us in the flesh?
Based on my many many many post on the subject, if you have to ask that question, you need to take your CRS pills on schedule!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Rosa_Winkel 48,464
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 8 min RiccardoFire 44,679
George Soros Is a Brilliant Investor 32 min andet1987 3
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 39 min andet1987 2,036
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 55 min Neville Thompson 386
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Neville Thompson 281,249
Why do we live life when we have to die anyway? (Jul '13) 1 hr lakraby 261
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 hr The Hangman 971,627
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 10 hr Toby 105,571
More from around the web