Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,460
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#472722 Aug 24, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry OX!! We all "hate to disappoint you" but you have proven to "most everybody" on this forum" (both Catholic and Protestant), to be a self (opinionated) "bible (mis) interpreting "hack" regarding the TRUTH of the Bible and the TRUTH of TRUE Church History. You have become an "expert" at manipulating and twisting Sacred Scripture to fit your own "editorialized (false Christian rhetoric)........ The TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible and Church History "debunks" (everything and anything) you claim to be true. 2000 years of the vast majority of accredited Historian authors and writers (including Apologistic historians have more insight and TRUTH to the Bible and History than you "will ever have"!....You have "zero credibility" when it comes to the TRUTH, as you OX continue to be an (isolated) "island until yourself" that manipulates, twists and distorts Sacred Scripture along with the TRUTH of TRUE Church History.
The teaching of the SBC, based on Scripture is not bogus nor is it anti-Catholic..it is not a 21st century "modernistic" opinionated twisted" BS that is perverted to fit my Protestant "self-created Church History Propaganda.

You have failed to show what you call my "distorting, manipulating and twisting" the TRUTH of the Bible, in steps 1,2,3,4 and 5...

Step 6.
The catlick encyclopdia: church: The term church is the name employed in the Teutonic languages to render the Greek ekklesia (ecclesia), the term by which the New Testament writers denote the society founded by Jesus Christ....

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#472723 Aug 24, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
Catholics will not face the truth that Mary remained not a virgin..
All religion was and is based on myth.

I suggest that all the stories of savior gods and "sons" of gods coming to earth were created "well after the supposed happenings" so that nothing existed other than the tales put forth by the theologians.

It's comparable to telling a story of great-grandpa being a leader of a heroic episode when all that is left IS the story. Chances are better than average that the story was based on fiction.

You can bring pictures to imaginations of the events that did or did not occur and the pictures will seem as real as though they are happening before your eyes.

Imagination is that way.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#472724 Aug 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that you believe you are special to a god.
You can't seem to help yourself out of your cult.
Pathetic creatures.
I don't believe that I am any more special to God as a Catholic, or as any Protestant, Muslim or even you,(June) as an atheist or agnostic (whatever you call yourself)..... Your ridiculous assumptions "are pathetic"!!!

Quesnel, Canada

#472725 Aug 24, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>hes obsessed, yet he knows nothing of the truth, except what he was told to believe by the church. He is not the learned man that he claims to be, you ask him any question he should be able to answer it, and in all the years I've been here, he's never given a straight clear answer to nothing.
Within the theology, most of the life of Jesus is missing, and yet they supposedly knew ahead of time that he was going to be a savior. Why were all those details missing if he was an expected savior? They should have been interviewing him at every chance ... but the theologians admit that most of his life on earth was not recorded!

And nowhere on earth is there a signature of this man they called Jesus. He never wrote anything or signed anything. The made-up stories were all written ABOUT him.

The stories are so phony that had the followers wanted to see the loop-holes, they were right before their eyes.

But that promise of salvation and eternal bliss was luring them on and they FELL for the bait put before them by the theologians.

Quesnel, Canada

#472726 Aug 24, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is clear on men/women and their role in church and in the home.
The men in Catholicism approved of all the words written by their selves and by other men (only of the Catholic faith) in the new testament.

To indicate or invest your faith in the idea that a god inspired all those men of the Catholic faith to write truth, is to be foolhardy.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

From the book “Smith’s Bible Dictionary.

Bible

There are at least thirty six different authors, who wrote in three continents, in many countries, in three languages, and from every possible human standpoint. Among these authors were kings, farmers, mechanics, scientific men, lawyers, generals, fishermen, ministers and priests, a tax-collector, a doctor, some rich, some poor, some city bred, some country born—thus touching all the experiences of men—extending over 1500 years.

Quesnel, Canada

#472727 Aug 24, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe that I am any more special to God as a Catholic, or as any Protestant, Muslim or even you,(June) as an atheist or agnostic (whatever you call yourself)..... Your ridiculous assumptions "are pathetic"!!!
Then WHY do you defend Catholicism as the only truth on earth?

You first lie to your self and that is why you so easily lie to others.

Quesnel, Canada

#472728 Aug 24, 2013
Theologians in all religions were and are totally arrogant.
>>>>>>> >>

From the book “Smith’s Bible Dictionary.

Scribes

A later age honored them collectively as the men of the Great Synagogue. Never, perhaps, was so important a work done so silently. They devoted themselves to the careful study of the text, and laid down rules for transcribing it with the most scrupulous precision. As time passed on the “words of the scribes” were honored above the law. It was a greater crime to offend against them than against the law.
Plain Jane

Orlando, FL

#472729 Aug 24, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Get real. I've read your posts.

You have been posting here over and over how superior and perfect your denomination is and how others are inferior and untrue.

When did you change your mind?

hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#472730 Aug 24, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The teaching of the SBC, based on Scripture is not bogus nor is it anti-Catholic..it is not a 21st century "modernistic" opinionated twisted" BS that is perverted to fit my Protestant "self-created Church History Propaganda.
You have failed to show what you call my "distorting, manipulating and twisting" the TRUTH of the Bible, in steps 1,2,3,4 and 5...
Step 6.
The catlick encyclopdia: church: The term church is the name employed in the Teutonic languages to render the Greek ekklesia (ecclesia), the term by which the New Testament writers denote the society founded by Jesus Christ....
You have been proven wrong (over and over and over again) as a bible only "editorialist hack" that thrives on spreading distortions, lies and deceit regarding the TRUTH of the Bible and TRUE Church History. The ONLY person that believes ANYTHING you say is your "egotistical" SELF!!!---Lets put it this Ox!! You can believe all the bible only (self interpreted BS) that you want! I/we as Catholics "could care less"! We, as Catholics will continue to remain with the TRUTH (as billions of Catholics have for over 2000 years) of the TRUTH of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible and over 2000 years of the authenticated TRUTH of Church History.-----You, my friend can continue to live your rebellious and defiant (half-truth, half-heresy Christianity in your "bible only cracker box" of lies, deceit and distorted vengeance. IT IS ALL YOURS! YOU CAN HAVE IT!!! I/we as Catholics will continue to worship, believe, adhere to and follow the historical and biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church, with Daily Mass, the Eucharist, the TRUE GOSPEL (bible teaching) the Sacraments and the Adoration Prayer Chapel with the Blessed Sacrament! You Ox --can do what you want!!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#472731 Aug 24, 2013
Between theology and technology is big deference.
Today you play with technology how you become god and very Powerful.

I say to you one day what so ever you have on the end can be lose.
Who say that?
not me

you have today that Power not me..
tomorrow entire system can be less then tiny cell..
who say that
not me..

Quesnel, Canada

#472732 Aug 24, 2013
Popes were also considered to be above the law and they were vicious if anyone contradicted what they taught as truth from a supposed god.

To believe that people took messages from gods has been a downfall of humanity, as it allotted power to the most wretched people cloaked in the guises of supposedly serving the gods.
Plain Jane

Orlando, FL

#472733 Aug 24, 2013
Strange, Pope Benedict tells us how God told him to resign.

But somehow, God never told Benedict beforehand how the abuse and banking scandals would cost the Roman church so many "souls" - almost 30% in his home country of Germany - before the fact.

Sorry but I cannot believe that God cares more about a rich and powerful church than He does about children and morality.

I doubt if most ordinary Catholics believe this either.

All Christians hope Pope Francis can undo the damage Benedict has done to all of Christianity.
Plain Jane

Orlando, FL

#472734 Aug 24, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You have been proven wrong (over and over and over again) as a bible only "editorialist hack" that thrives on spreading distortions, lies and deceit regarding the TRUTH of the Bible and TRUE Church History. The ONLY person that believes ANYTHING you say is your "egotistical" SELF!!!---Lets put it this Ox!! You can believe all the bible only (self interpreted BS) that you want! I/we as Catholics "could care less"! We, as Catholics will continue to remain with the TRUTH (as billions of Catholics have for over 2000 years) of the TRUTH of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible and over 2000 years of the authenticated TRUTH of Church History.-----You, my friend can continue to live your rebellious and defiant (half-truth, half-heresy Christianity in your "bible only cracker box" of lies, deceit and distorted vengeance. IT IS ALL YOURS! YOU CAN HAVE IT!!! I/we as Catholics will continue to worship, believe, adhere to and follow the historical and biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church, with Daily Mass, the Eucharist, the TRUE GOSPEL (bible teaching) the Sacraments and the Adoration Prayer Chapel with the Blessed Sacrament! You Ox --can do what you want!!!!
Now this is the real hojo.
truth

Perth, Australia

#472735 Aug 24, 2013
darkness..nothing above all..
dead body in nice suits lay down on street..
no moon
no stars
no sun..
nothing alive..
no dogs
not cats
no mouse
no man's
no woman's no
childreens
no cars nothing move..

love your law where is nothing exist

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#472736 Aug 24, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
On the contrary Jesus' Father is God.
So you're saying Jesus was a holy bastard?

Memzer. Whatever.

**Oxbow hits Google again**
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#472737 Aug 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Then WHY do you defend Catholicism as the only truth on earth?
You first lie to your self and that is why you so easily lie to others.
Because it is the One and ONLY Church that Jesus HIMSELF initiated, formed and established (over 2000 years ago) that possesses the FULLNESS of the FAITH, FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the OVERABUNDING COMPLETENESS of Gods Grace....The Protestant Reformation has produced over 42,000 contradicting and conflicting hodge-podge denominations, that have REJECTED (many) of the ORIGINAL TRUTHS that Jesus HIMSELF handed down to HIS Apostoles....... "Relative Truth" bible only Protestantism has "distorted and corrupted" the TRUTH of TRUE Bible interpretation and TRUE Church History, by a bunch of "self-proclaimed" bible only(fundies)that just "make it up" anything anti-catholic, as they live and proclaim their false and distorted bible only Propaganda
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#472738 Aug 24, 2013
Plain Jane wrote:
<quoted text>
Get real. I've read your posts.
You have been posting here over and over how superior and perfect your denomination is and how others are inferior and untrue.
When did you change your mind?
I have NEVER said Catholicism is superior and have NEVER said it was perfect! What I did say is that it is the ONE and ONLY Christian Faith and Church that possesses the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH.... Jesus initiated and established HIS ONE TRUE CHURCH--to save sinners, of which we all are!!!!
BillCooperWasRig ht

Winnipeg, Canada

#472739 Aug 24, 2013
We Should All Rise Up, Take Up Arms, And Storm The Holy See. Sure Getting Through The Swiss Gaurds Might Be A Problem At First, But Once We Defeat Them, And Head Straight For The Pope, Then We Shall Have Redemption For The 2000+Year Reign Of These Despicable And Horrid Creatures.

The Choice Is Simple:

Fight Or Die!

;)

Quesnel, Canada

#472740 Aug 24, 2013
People that believed in evil, saw evil "demons" in others ... and tried their utmost to hope that there was only holiness in their selves.

That religious teaching that evil was lurking everywhere was a horrible image to place in the minds of susceptible humans already filled with fear concerning the suffering in life.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

100 Tyrants … History’s Most Evil Despots & Dictators by Nigel Hawthorne … first published in 2005

Hung Hsiu-ch’uan

In a prolonged delirium, Hung claimed to have met God and converted to Christianity. His mission, he claimed, was to expel the ‘demons’– that is, the Manchu rulers from China.

Quesnel, Canada

#472741 Aug 24, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it is the One and ONLY Church that Jesus HIMSELF initiated, formed and established (over 2000 years ago) that possesses the FULLNESS of the FAITH, FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the OVERABUNDING COMPLETENESS of Gods Grace....The Protestant Reformation has produced over 42,000 contradicting and conflicting hodge-podge denominations, that have REJECTED (many) of the ORIGINAL TRUTHS that Jesus HIMSELF handed down to HIS Apostoles....... "Relative Truth" bible only Protestantism has "distorted and corrupted" the TRUTH of TRUE Bible interpretation and TRUE Church History, by a bunch of "self-proclaimed" bible only(fundies)that just "make it up" anything anti-catholic, as they live and proclaim their false and distorted bible only Propaganda
Your religion has morphed you into a very dishonest person ... who claims to KNOW the one and only truth.

All religion was and is theory.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 775,172
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 12 min NEWS-FLASH 175,627
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 25 min onemale 265,133
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 29 min Ugly Truth from d... 39,344
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 36 min MUQ2 37,815
The Global Elites Are Moving Things Underground 1 hr WasteWater 14
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr WasteWater 5,106
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Ugly Truth from d... 604,998
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 16 hr Barnsweb 441,764
More from around the web