Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 568,520
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#472728 Aug 24, 2013
Theologians in all religions were and are totally arrogant.
>>>>>>> >>

From the book “Smith’s Bible Dictionary.

Scribes

A later age honored them collectively as the men of the Great Synagogue. Never, perhaps, was so important a work done so silently. They devoted themselves to the careful study of the text, and laid down rules for transcribing it with the most scrupulous precision. As time passed on the “words of the scribes” were honored above the law. It was a greater crime to offend against them than against the law.
Plain Jane

Orlando, FL

#472729 Aug 24, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe that I am any more special to God as a Catholic, or as any Protestant, Muslim or even you,(June) as an atheist or agnostic (whatever you call yourself)..... Your ridiculous assumptions "are pathetic"!!!
Get real. I've read your posts.

You have been posting here over and over how superior and perfect your denomination is and how others are inferior and untrue.

When did you change your mind?

hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#472730 Aug 24, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The teaching of the SBC, based on Scripture is not bogus nor is it anti-Catholic..it is not a 21st century "modernistic" opinionated twisted" BS that is perverted to fit my Protestant "self-created Church History Propaganda.
You have failed to show what you call my "distorting, manipulating and twisting" the TRUTH of the Bible, in steps 1,2,3,4 and 5...
Step 6.
The catlick encyclopdia: church: The term church is the name employed in the Teutonic languages to render the Greek ekklesia (ecclesia), the term by which the New Testament writers denote the society founded by Jesus Christ....
You have been proven wrong (over and over and over again) as a bible only "editorialist hack" that thrives on spreading distortions, lies and deceit regarding the TRUTH of the Bible and TRUE Church History. The ONLY person that believes ANYTHING you say is your "egotistical" SELF!!!---Lets put it this Ox!! You can believe all the bible only (self interpreted BS) that you want! I/we as Catholics "could care less"! We, as Catholics will continue to remain with the TRUTH (as billions of Catholics have for over 2000 years) of the TRUTH of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible and over 2000 years of the authenticated TRUTH of Church History.-----You, my friend can continue to live your rebellious and defiant (half-truth, half-heresy Christianity in your "bible only cracker box" of lies, deceit and distorted vengeance. IT IS ALL YOURS! YOU CAN HAVE IT!!! I/we as Catholics will continue to worship, believe, adhere to and follow the historical and biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church, with Daily Mass, the Eucharist, the TRUE GOSPEL (bible teaching) the Sacraments and the Adoration Prayer Chapel with the Blessed Sacrament! You Ox --can do what you want!!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#472731 Aug 24, 2013
Between theology and technology is big deference.
Today you play with technology how you become god and very Powerful.

I say to you one day what so ever you have on the end can be lose.
Who say that?
not me

you have today that Power not me..
tomorrow entire system can be less then tiny cell..
who say that
not me..

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#472732 Aug 24, 2013
Popes were also considered to be above the law and they were vicious if anyone contradicted what they taught as truth from a supposed god.

To believe that people took messages from gods has been a downfall of humanity, as it allotted power to the most wretched people cloaked in the guises of supposedly serving the gods.
Plain Jane

Orlando, FL

#472733 Aug 24, 2013
Strange, Pope Benedict tells us how God told him to resign.

But somehow, God never told Benedict beforehand how the abuse and banking scandals would cost the Roman church so many "souls" - almost 30% in his home country of Germany - before the fact.

Sorry but I cannot believe that God cares more about a rich and powerful church than He does about children and morality.

I doubt if most ordinary Catholics believe this either.

All Christians hope Pope Francis can undo the damage Benedict has done to all of Christianity.
Plain Jane

Orlando, FL

#472734 Aug 24, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You have been proven wrong (over and over and over again) as a bible only "editorialist hack" that thrives on spreading distortions, lies and deceit regarding the TRUTH of the Bible and TRUE Church History. The ONLY person that believes ANYTHING you say is your "egotistical" SELF!!!---Lets put it this Ox!! You can believe all the bible only (self interpreted BS) that you want! I/we as Catholics "could care less"! We, as Catholics will continue to remain with the TRUTH (as billions of Catholics have for over 2000 years) of the TRUTH of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible and over 2000 years of the authenticated TRUTH of Church History.-----You, my friend can continue to live your rebellious and defiant (half-truth, half-heresy Christianity in your "bible only cracker box" of lies, deceit and distorted vengeance. IT IS ALL YOURS! YOU CAN HAVE IT!!! I/we as Catholics will continue to worship, believe, adhere to and follow the historical and biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church, with Daily Mass, the Eucharist, the TRUE GOSPEL (bible teaching) the Sacraments and the Adoration Prayer Chapel with the Blessed Sacrament! You Ox --can do what you want!!!!
Now this is the real hojo.
truth

Perth, Australia

#472735 Aug 24, 2013
darkness..nothing above all..
dead body in nice suits lay down on street..
no moon
no stars
no sun..
nothing alive..
no dogs
not cats
no mouse
no man's
no woman's no
childreens
no cars nothing move..

love your law where is nothing exist

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#472736 Aug 24, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
On the contrary Jesus' Father is God.
So you're saying Jesus was a holy bastard?

Memzer. Whatever.

**Oxbow hits Google again**
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#472737 Aug 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Then WHY do you defend Catholicism as the only truth on earth?
You first lie to your self and that is why you so easily lie to others.
Because it is the One and ONLY Church that Jesus HIMSELF initiated, formed and established (over 2000 years ago) that possesses the FULLNESS of the FAITH, FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the OVERABUNDING COMPLETENESS of Gods Grace....The Protestant Reformation has produced over 42,000 contradicting and conflicting hodge-podge denominations, that have REJECTED (many) of the ORIGINAL TRUTHS that Jesus HIMSELF handed down to HIS Apostoles....... "Relative Truth" bible only Protestantism has "distorted and corrupted" the TRUTH of TRUE Bible interpretation and TRUE Church History, by a bunch of "self-proclaimed" bible only(fundies)that just "make it up" anything anti-catholic, as they live and proclaim their false and distorted bible only Propaganda
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#472738 Aug 24, 2013
Plain Jane wrote:
<quoted text>
Get real. I've read your posts.
You have been posting here over and over how superior and perfect your denomination is and how others are inferior and untrue.
When did you change your mind?
I have NEVER said Catholicism is superior and have NEVER said it was perfect! What I did say is that it is the ONE and ONLY Christian Faith and Church that possesses the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH.... Jesus initiated and established HIS ONE TRUE CHURCH--to save sinners, of which we all are!!!!
BillCooperWasRig ht

Winnipeg, Canada

#472739 Aug 24, 2013
We Should All Rise Up, Take Up Arms, And Storm The Holy See. Sure Getting Through The Swiss Gaurds Might Be A Problem At First, But Once We Defeat Them, And Head Straight For The Pope, Then We Shall Have Redemption For The 2000+Year Reign Of These Despicable And Horrid Creatures.

The Choice Is Simple:

Fight Or Die!

;)

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#472740 Aug 24, 2013
People that believed in evil, saw evil "demons" in others ... and tried their utmost to hope that there was only holiness in their selves.

That religious teaching that evil was lurking everywhere was a horrible image to place in the minds of susceptible humans already filled with fear concerning the suffering in life.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

100 Tyrants … History’s Most Evil Despots & Dictators by Nigel Hawthorne … first published in 2005

Hung Hsiu-ch’uan

In a prolonged delirium, Hung claimed to have met God and converted to Christianity. His mission, he claimed, was to expel the ‘demons’– that is, the Manchu rulers from China.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#472741 Aug 24, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it is the One and ONLY Church that Jesus HIMSELF initiated, formed and established (over 2000 years ago) that possesses the FULLNESS of the FAITH, FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the OVERABUNDING COMPLETENESS of Gods Grace....The Protestant Reformation has produced over 42,000 contradicting and conflicting hodge-podge denominations, that have REJECTED (many) of the ORIGINAL TRUTHS that Jesus HIMSELF handed down to HIS Apostoles....... "Relative Truth" bible only Protestantism has "distorted and corrupted" the TRUTH of TRUE Bible interpretation and TRUE Church History, by a bunch of "self-proclaimed" bible only(fundies)that just "make it up" anything anti-catholic, as they live and proclaim their false and distorted bible only Propaganda
Your religion has morphed you into a very dishonest person ... who claims to KNOW the one and only truth.

All religion was and is theory.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#472742 Aug 24, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have NEVER said Catholicism is superior and have NEVER said it was perfect! What I did say is that it is the ONE and ONLY Christian Faith and Church that possesses the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH.... Jesus initiated and established HIS ONE TRUE CHURCH--to save sinners, of which we all are!!!!
If you believe that Catholicism does not make you superior (within your theology) to "god" ... why are you a Catholic?

You can't play the game both ways ... as it is plain that you lie.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#472743 Aug 24, 2013
Each theologian within each religion taught that HIS religion was the be-all and end-all to a god or gods.

When you choose to see the arrogance is only when you will recognize that religion itself is based on arrogance.

It's all based on theological up-MAN-ship.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

upmanship

One-upmanship is the art or practice of successively outdoing a competitor..

https://www.google.ca/#fp=f5bccdd6cd6e1e40&am...
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#472744 Aug 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe that Catholicism does not make you superior (within your theology) to "god" ... why are you a Catholic?
You can't play the game both ways ... as it is plain that you lie.
Catholicism offers and gives to ALL Catholic Christians, HIS ONE TRUE APOSTOLIC (Universal Church) with the FULLNESS of the FAITH, FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the OVERWHELMING COMPLETENESS to "grow in Gods Grace". i.e Daily Mass, the Eucharist (the REAL PRESENCE of Jesus' own TRUE Body and Blood, the Seven Sacraments, the "Complete" books of the (entire) Original Bible, confession, the Lives of the Saints (as an example of the TRUE FAITH), etc..... It's not a game June! I/we as Catholics will leave the "bible only game of spin the verses" to the Protestants,----- and----to the atheists or agnostics, "the denial game of God" to you (whichever of these last two you chose to "fit in!"
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#472745 Aug 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your religion has morphed you into a very dishonest person ... who claims to KNOW the one and only truth.
All religion was and is theory.
Yes!! There is ONLY ONE TRUTH! Not 42,000+ personal opinionated PROTESTANT "relative truths" (what each person decides for themselves is the truth).
Gtown71

United States

#472746 Aug 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Each theologian within each religion taught that HIS religion was the be-all and end-all to a god or gods.
When you choose to see the arrogance is only when you will recognize that religion itself is based on arrogance.
It's all based on theological up-MAN-ship.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
upmanship
One-upmanship is the art or practice of successively outdoing a competitor..
https://www.google.ca/#fp=f5bccdd6cd6e1e40&am...
Good afternoon lady, I've been told that you and I may have a lot in common.

I was an atheist for 29 years. I did not believe in God, and could've cared less.

I do believe the roman Catholic church was started by god, but it was the god of this world "satan ".

Having said that -I also believe many people within that faith are Heaven bound.

I'm very open about my conversion if you're interested.:)

I will say, when I was changed by God "not by me ",there were no religious people near me.

I was somewhat changed like saul into paul was.
Good day.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#472747 Aug 24, 2013
On My Side

August 24, 2013 — by Dave Branon


Our Daily Bread Radio is hosted by Les Lamborn


Read: Psalm 118:1-6

The Lord is on my side; I will not fear.—Psalm 118:6

Bible in a Year:
Psalms 116-118; 1 Corinthians 7:1-19

After diminutive Olympic athlete Gabby Douglas captured two gold medals in the 2012 London Games, she made this proclamation:“God will never fail you. He’s always on your side.”

Sometimes this kind of statement by an athlete can be misunderstood. It can be taken to mean that if I’m competing against you in a sports contest and I have God’s help, there is no way I can lose. But if we turn to Psalm 118:5-6, we get the true picture of what this line means. The psalmist wrote,“I called on the Lord in distress; the Lord answered me and set me in a broad place. The Lord is on my side; I will not fear.”

Another version translates verse 6 as “the Lord is with me”(niv). It’s the idea that when trouble comes into our lives, God, who is full of mercy and love (which “endures forever,” v.4) will always be attentive to us and provide the protection we need.

We don’t have to be an Olympic champion to appreciate this kind of divine attention. This is what we need when the economy falters and our finances can’t keep up. It’s what we need when a relationship we cherished falls apart. No matter what our situation, as Christ-followers we know where to find help.“The Lord is on my side.”
Be still, my soul—the Lord is on thy side!
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain;
Leave to thy God to order and provide—
In every change He faithful will remain.—von Schlegel

In the midst of every trial, God is on our side.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scientific proof for God's existence 13 min BRAIN STORM 632
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min Stilgar Fifrawi 796,480
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 16 min Grau 512
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 16 min Black Thunder 42 607,274
Is colin powell a traitor??? (Oct '08) 29 min kuda 539
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 57 min cheer the f up 120,756
Where do you get your news? Todd Charske (Jan '09) 1 hr Fitzwalkerstan Pu... 10
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Rick in Kansas 267,560
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 16 hr Ntakudyaunya 12
More from around the web