Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658786 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#472955 Aug 25, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You and the rest of your Roman Catholic cronies are nothing more than a sanctimonious self-centered self-serving southbound end of a northbound horse. What comes out of the horse has far greater value than what spews out of your mouth. You and your kind would not know Jesus if he fell on you. You think He is a cracker!!!! Go back to your statue and mary worship and quit interrupting the REAL Christians on this forum with your mumbo jumbo.
Sorry to disappoint you OldJG, but the "real Christians" on this forum are those who follow, believe and adhere to the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ who worship in and through HIS One (and only One) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church......... Just because you "fundies" (REJECT) the TRUE INTERPRETATION of Matthew 16:13-21 regarding His One TRUE Church, and just because you "bible only buffoons" vindictively (REJECT) Jesus' EXPRESSED words in John 6:47-59 which says, "This is my BODY,(which is real food) and this is my BLOOD,(which is real drink)--------doesn't change 2000 years of the TRUTH of the Bible and the TRUTH of TRUE Church History....... Your words OldJG are those of a "desperate, frustrated, disordered and confused Protestant that just keep "spinning around in circles" in your "sinking bible only row boat" filled with a cargo of self-translated (pyramid) bible verse, built on "Quick Sand"! Until you come to TRUE SALVATION in Jesus Christ, that is manifested in and through HIS ONE TRUE UNIVERSAL (Catholic) CHURCH
(your blindness) to the TRUTH of FULLNESS of the TRUE GOSPEL and the FULLNESS of the FAITH,-----will remain!!!!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#472956 Aug 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Parish is ifull, they do not close. Demographics is almost always the factor in this country.
agree
Pad

Rockford, IL

#472957 Aug 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a sincere person in your Catholic Faith ... Star
When faithful Jews died they went to Abrahams Bosom. Not he'll
The prayers for the dead did nit bring them Redemption..the Messiah
They had looked forward to did .
He took every sin to the Cross with Him.
STAR we are washed clean in His blood when we receive the gift of Grace
ComING TO Him in repentance And FAITH..
hoe much penance for each sin
.if I do die with a sin on my soul...Was that SIN not taken to the CROSS..AND PAID for by HIS BLOOD
did that Cup not contain ALL SIM ..DID HE forget some??'
Are the indulgences of the CC MORE POWRRFUL than the,BLOOD OF JESUS.
HE DID IT ALL STAR .
FIR ALL OF CATHOLIC AND NON CATHOLIC
GOD GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON ...That we might have Eternal life .
It is,JESUS PLUS NOTHING
THIS IS FAITH!!!! O only in Him Not ourselves
You have the KEY here of redemption Roseze,the Blood of Christ.Is the Catholic indulgences greater than the Blood of Christ?The carnality of many reasonings about our plight as believers is what we must constantly rebuff with the finality of Christ's redemptive work on the cross.It is His atonement for our sins that goes beyond every human imagination as to dealing with sin from day to day,and for an eternity.It begins with Christ,It contiues with Christ and it ends with Christ.

There is no substitute for grace,either we are under it,or we atone for our own sins.When we allow a reasoning that we must atone for our own sins,than we are telling Christ that His Atonement for our sins was useless and of no effect.

What we must do is to CONFESS,to the Lord daily,always allowing Him to put our sins under His precious Blood,which is endless and all consuming.His Love covers a multitude of sins,and we must remid ourselves of that.But the truth is every believer has to recognize their capacity for sinning,and be willing to bring it to the Savior,be cleansed and walk in H I S Righteousness!

Although that may not be easy,it is imperative,we do it,because ONLY Christ can cleanse us from sin and unrighteous living.The more we open our minds to Christ,the more we are aware of our sins and how much we need to bring them to the foot of the Cross,ACCEPT Him being our ADVOCATE, and move on to His Will to live for Him.

Yes it takes hard work at times,but He promised that He would not forsake us in these most important things of HIS LIFE within us.

We have eternal life already living and breathing with in us who received that from Christ,WHO IS LIFE! So that is a constant reminder to us that this fleeting sinful nature we all have,must DIE daily.Paul the Apostle said"I am crucified with Christ nevertheless I live, but not I,but Christ lives within me......."AND he Paul,goes on to say that we must live in our earthly bodies which is flesh,but that since our mortality is continually being challenge by our spirit which has been made alive in Christ, we die daily.The preaching of the cross for our own lives is a bittersweet task.Many Christians regardless of affiliation are aware of this,and know that to LIVE is Christ to die is gain. As long as we are on this earth we must be dead to sin and the deeds of the flesh,and to walk in the Spirit.

But that takes a life time,and we are constantly in this process,but it is glory to glory! Continued!
Pad

Rockford, IL

#472958 Aug 25, 2013
RosEze continued;The Catholics have a unique prayer that was writtn centuries ago that really sums up what I am sharing here:

The ANIMA CHRISTI:

Soul of Christ,sanctify me.
Body of Christ, Save me.
Blood of Christ, inebriate me.
Water from the side of Christ, wash me.
Passion of Christ, strengthen me.
O ood Jesus, hear me.
Within your wounds hide me.
Separted from You let me never be.
From the malignant enemy, defend me.
At the hour of death, call me.
And close to You bid me.
That with Your saints I may be
Praising You, forever and ever. AMEN!

There is nothing about that prayer that calls for you or I to atone ourselves,or reason what we should do with our sins,or liv in remorse,never to be cleansed from our sins,but to immerse oneself into HIM,who alone has done it all.Every facet of our reasoning in Christ becomes His if we realize that we belong to Him,and continue to trust Him as our only Advocate to the Father.
Oxbow

Westlake, LA

#472959 Aug 25, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to disappoint you OldJG, but the "real Christians" on this forum are those who follow, believe and adhere to the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ who worship in and through HIS One (and only One) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church......... Just because you "fundies" (REJECT) the TRUE INTERPRETATION of Matthew 16:13-21 regarding His One TRUE Church, and just because you "bible only buffoons" vindictively (REJECT) Jesus' EXPRESSED words in John 6:47-59 which says, "This is my BODY,(which is real food) and this is my BLOOD,(which is real drink)--------doesn't change 2000 years of the TRUTH of the Bible and the TRUTH of TRUE Church History....... Your words OldJG are those of a "desperate, frustrated, disordered and confused Protestant that just keep "spinning around in circles" in your "sinking bible only row boat" filled with a cargo of self-translated (pyramid) bible verse, built on "Quick Sand"! Until you come to TRUE SALVATION in Jesus Christ, that is manifested in and through HIS ONE TRUE UNIVERSAL (Catholic) CHURCH
(your blindness) to the TRUTH of FULLNESS of the TRUE GOSPEL and the FULLNESS of the FAITH,-----will remain!!!!
Christ spoke to the seven (7) churches of which He did not refer to any one of them as "Catholic " "catholic" "Roman Catholic" Catholic Church"....because none were!!!!!

Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write
And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write
And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write
And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write;
And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write;
And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write
And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write
Pad

Rockford, IL

#472960 Aug 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Good luck with that. Lol
"The gates of Hell shall never prevail against it"
Jesus Christ.
I can't imagine how you think it possible to topple the Catholic Church..
Clay what that other poster said was childish to say the least,and I do not believe anyone should storm the Vatican to destroy it.But it is more than truth that all who are washed in the Blood of the Lamb,and whose names are written in the"Lamb's Book of Life" will never be forsaken,and since we do not build edifices that are considered to be inpregnable,our Body belongs to the Lord,and the gates of Hell will not prevail against it.

We all who live by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ are the Church.If you want to narrow it down to some sophisticated building on the 7 hills of Rome,that is your opinion.The spiritual warfare we fight is between Satan and the Holy Christ and His Angels. I am not saying that your Basilica will not be protected,but what I am saying is that the Body of Christ are the Redeemed of the Lord,not a religious organization that claims it is the only true Bride of Christ.

Roman Catholicism is a religious organization,or are you not aware of that?No I guess you aren't.The Body of Christ is not encased in the geographical perimeters of your Basilica or any edifice that has been built anywhere in the world to glorify both God and an organization.The Body of Christ IS the Communion of saints who have been Blood Washed,and long for His appearing.That is Scripture,and Covenant sealed!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#472961 Aug 25, 2013
Pad wrote:
RosEze continued;The Catholics have a unique prayer that was writtn centuries ago that really sums up what I am sharing here:
The ANIMA CHRISTI:
Soul of Christ,sanctify me.
Body of Christ, Save me.
Blood of Christ, inebriate me.
Water from the side of Christ, wash me.
Passion of Christ, strengthen me.
O ood Jesus, hear me.
Within your wounds hide me.
Separted from You let me never be.
From the malignant enemy, defend me.
At the hour of death, call me.
And close to You bid me.
That with Your saints I may be
Praising You, forever and ever. AMEN!
There is nothing about that prayer that calls for you or I to atone ourselves,or reason what we should do with our sins,or liv in remorse,never to be cleansed from our sins,but to immerse oneself into HIM,who alone has done it all.Every facet of our reasoning in Christ becomes His if we realize that we belong to Him,and continue to trust Him as our only Advocate to the Father.
Brings,back memories,..But I understand the prayer much better now .

We learned most if our prayers,as kids .

Memorized them..But did we mean them .

Within thy wounds,..hide me
Never permit me to be separated from you .

Beautiful words,..full of faith .

He is,indeed our ONLY MEDIATOR to the Father ..

Thanks
its me

Ardsley, NY

#472962 Aug 25, 2013
Yes,it's me. I am in the loving arms of this God to whom you ridicule. You're hurt. Sad. Disappointed. Confused. I was too. I am not now :)
He IS real. Don't reject him. I want you with me for eternity,with him. No more pain. No more emptiness.
June VanDerMark wrote:
How the Jesus Myth was created
This Awareness indicates that even the New Testament is assembled from patterns related to stories taken from earlier sources, such as Zoroastrian, Mithrain, Krishna, Buddhism, and Egyptian, and others, in which many verses are literally paraphrasing earlier writings, and many of the stories attributed to the story of Jesus, were lifted directly out of these other writings. The story of Jesus at the well, as one which was taken from earlier writings. This Awareness indicates that it is of importance that entities realize the origins of the Bible did not come from the pen of God, but came from the earlier writings in different cultures and nations at the time these Hebrew priests put this work together. This Awareness indicates that these countries who were plagiarized then became labeled as heathen,- nations whose philosophies were heathenistic, but this was only after their stories had been stolen.
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopoliti...
Pad

Rockford, IL

#472963 Aug 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't study the horrible history of Christianity ... you will continue to point outward at evil and at your self as holy.
When push comes to shove humans are very nasty beasts indeed, and you and I are of the same lot.
June we here on this thread long before you decided to grace us with your "silly" attacks against religion,disected literally our whole History as Christians.We went from the first century to the present.Every Inquisition,battle between the Catholics and Reformers,the killing of Prots,by Catholics,AND the killing of Catholics by Protestants,the Reformed churches persecution of the Anabaptists in Holland,Denmark,and Switzerland(probably something you did not know about),and much more.

Well do we know our own history,and every person who has discussed it showed some remorse over the extent of carnage.We ad nauseum covered the full persecution of JEWS by Christianity from the 3rd Century to the present.Every country in Europe has been involved in some way,persecuting(expelling Jews)and killing them,that means both Western and Eastern Europe.The Sins of the so called Christians in destroying the Jewish communities of Europe are horrific.So I think that your post is painfully to late.I have wept much over what has happened to the Jews who were victims,especially during the Nazi regime.

June you think we live in a bubble,oblivious of what our history is?Sorry but you are Late and a dollar short.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#472964 Aug 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>They are closing because the membership is way down and they can not afford to keep it open so they are merging this church with another Catholic Church.My friend is upset because this is a church she has been going to all her life and the other church is further away.
Most religious groups in USA have lost ground, survey finds

These dramatic shifts in just 18 years are detailed in the new American Religious Identification Survey (ARIS), to be released today. It finds that, despite growth and immigration that has added nearly 50 million adults to the U.S. population, almost all religious denominations have lost ground since the first ARIS survey in 1990.

"More than ever before, people are just making up their own stories of who they are. They say,'I'm everything. I'm nothing. I believe in myself,' " says Barry Kosmin, survey co-author.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/religion/...

Quesnel, Canada

#472965 Aug 25, 2013
its me wrote:
Yes,it's me. I am in the loving arms of this God to whom you ridicule. You're hurt. Sad. Disappointed. Confused. I was too. I am not now :)
He IS real. Don't reject him. I want you with me for eternity,with him. No more pain. No more emptiness.<quoted text>
YES I understand that according to you this god lives to fill you and those in your cult with his love and reserves a place in hell for those who are not in your religion.

Silly people.

Quesnel, Canada

#472966 Aug 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Brings,back memories,..But I understand the prayer much better now .
Of course you DO! "Thank you GOD for saving only those of us who belong to MY religion and keeping a warm spot in hell for those who are too dumb to JOIN MY religion.

Such ignorance is only bliss for the ones that choose to dwell in such ignorance.

Quesnel, Canada

#472967 Aug 25, 2013
Every ancient religion of which I studied had hells written into the theologies for those who were in other religions, or not in religions at all.

Their faith was in the dogmas of their own cults ... period!

That is religion in a nutshell!

Quesnel, Canada

#472968 Aug 25, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I am convinced June you half read everything,because you cannot wait to make a comment and repeat your "silly" repetitive faithless junk. I never said ALL HUMANS will become citizens of Heaven,BELIEVERS.
So then according to you, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, et cetera will ALL be allowed in Christian heaven. OH ... and don't forget the Jews. Jesus might allow them in Christian heaven if they become Catholics.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Christianity is very much to blame for this; the notion that salvation is free and may be attained by the idlest, the dullest, the stupidest is understandably very popular with persons who may be so described.

Robertson Davies, man of letters, letter, 18, November 1984, For Your Eye Alone: Letters, 1976-1995 (1999).

Quesnel, Canada

#472969 Aug 25, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey now - if it weren't for Catholics, you'd probably be Muslim - well, according to some individual Catholics on this forum.
*shrugs*
You might be right. If the Catholics hadn't killed so many Muslims in the name of the god to which they prayed would help them KILL so they could win the wars, I might BE Muslim. And if I were raised as a Muslim I would believe that YOU would burn in hell for NOT being Muslim.

At any rate, who says the race for religious supremacy is OVER?

At the rate the Muslims are reproducing, all of us might be controlled by Islam before long.

It's not by chance that the pope wanted to block the use of birth control.

It wasn't a god that wanted more humans labeled as "sinners" brought into the world to suffer.

Theologians needed more women to have more babies for their armies.

Quesnel, Canada

#472970 Aug 25, 2013
<quoted text>
I wonder how many ex-priests played Dungeons and Dragons?
Why don't you ask them?

Quesnel, Canada

#472971 Aug 25, 2013
<quoted text>
Is this your theory? Because it is questionable.
How does this circumvent the RCC's path?
NO ... it was not MY theory. It's the Catholic theory, that the god of the Jews sent Jesus into the world to be crucified so that we could be taught the meaning of LOVE. After all, according to Catholic dogma, Jesus didn't get crucified because his father wanted us to learn the meaning of HATE ... did he?

Do you have a better "Gnostic" theory?

Oh WAIT!!! I'm sure you believe you DO have a much better theory.

Quesnel, Canada

#472972 Aug 25, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
no, I WOULD LIKE YOU TO BELIEVE IF YOU WERE THE ONLY PERSON ON EARTH JESUS WOULD HAVE STILL DIED FOR YOU, BECAUSE IT IS TRUE.
So Jesus would die for one Atheist, whom Jesus would know ahead of time was going to remain an Atheist ... HUH?

You are silly.

Quesnel, Canada

#472973 Aug 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>And if you were raised by a bunch of monkeys you would be eating bananas and swinging from trees!No I don't hate muslums or hindus.I don't agree with their belielfs but I don't HATE them.
Are you now comparing Muslims and Hindus with the same worth as monkeys???

You are see-through ... arrogant one.

Quesnel, Canada

#472974 Aug 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well my point was..why have a rich Rome at your head ..if not yo help out the,faithful .
I'm sure there are still special collections that go right to the VATICAN.
And the CC is rich ...at its head ..km sure that is,NOT how Christ envisioned it.
Our church herd fell on really hard times.
We met in the meeting hall And rented the Church
A los supported and housed a Haitian church .
Got merged with a home CHURCH later ..to make badly needed repairs .
If you love your congregation..You do what is needed
All the riches and money will.mean nothing when Jesus comes
If they lose souls ..I pray that won't happen..And I believe
If the souls have truly been saved ..they cannot be lost .
But what of those who because the Churches closed to make
up for lost Diocese money ...eh o now can't go go confession
Or take the Eucharist ..
Just wondering what the CC theology is in that .
Does God Want You To Be Rich?

A growing number of Protestant evangelists raise a joyful Yes!

https://www.google.ca/#fp=f5bccdd6cd6e1e40&am...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 2 min okimar 215
Cuckold (Jan '16) 3 min Lovey392 6
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 3 min Johnny 5,030
snapchat name 7 min Cookie9904 10
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 8 min Poppyann 3,039
Want men to sniff my wifes dirty knickers 12 min Licks7319 9
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 15 min Clearwater 70,956
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Huh 974,759
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Blink 282,997
More from around the web