Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665119 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#472938 Aug 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>you words plant nothing in the brains of a Christian.You only speak hatred
OH STOP IT!!!

Do YOU hate Muslims and Hindus because they don't belong to your system of belief???

Don't be so silly.

If you were raised as a Muslim, you would RIGHT NOW be preaching Islam.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#472939 Aug 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus was sent to save US ALL even YOU June!!
I am not a Protestant ... so I suggest you stop LYING!

You KNOW that you don't believe as an Atheist that I have even a slight hope of being saved.

Why must be so VERY dishonest???

WHY???

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#472940 Aug 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>This happens in the Orthodox church also tho..it is a sign of hard times in general.Alot of churches are feeling the pain of loss membership due to the economy(sp)..sad but true
Well my point was..why have a rich Rome at your head ..if not yo help out the,faithful .

I'm sure there are still special collections that go right to the VATICAN.

And the CC is rich ...at its head ..km sure that is,NOT how Christ envisioned it.

Our church herd fell on really hard times.
We met in the meeting hall And rented the Church
A los supported and housed a Haitian church .

Got merged with a home CHURCH later ..to make badly needed repairs .

If you love your congregation..You do what is needed

All the riches and money will.mean nothing when Jesus comes

If they lose souls ..I pray that won't happen..And I believe
If the souls have truly been saved ..they cannot be lost .

But what of those who because the Churches closed to make
up for lost Diocese money ...eh o now can't go go confession

Or take the Eucharist ..

Just wondering what the CC theology is in that .

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#472941 Aug 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
OH STOP IT!!!
Do YOU hate Muslims and Hindus because they don't belong to your system of belief???
Don't be so silly.
And if you were raised by a bunch of monkeys you would be eating bananas and swinging from trees!No I don't hate muslums or hindus.I don't agree with their belielfs but I don't HATE them.

Location hidden

#472942 Aug 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You KNOW that you don't believe as an Atheist that I have even a slight hope of being saved.
WHY???
I am not lying...I do not know anything of a sort.When the time comes,you may repent and ask our Lord for forgiveness.You have up until you dying breath for that. Sorry to disappoint you, but I am not a fortune teller.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#472943 Aug 25, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

OR.....you could speak with June, as she seems interested in the Gnostic religion.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I am interested in the study of ALL religions.
Great! That is how I was drawn to believe that no individual religion has all the truth, and that there are MANY similarities in the concepts of religion.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>You are interested in only promoting your specific brand of Gnosticism.
Not true.

I also promote [my belief/Self] that our "spirits" do exist in another world based upon scientific findings.

Gnosticism, just so happens to fit the qualifications. The RCC doesn't. Christianity, Judaism, Orthodoxy, Protestantism, Islam, Mormanism, Buddhism, etc, etc, etc.....don't either.

Yes June, I do think 100% on my own, and make my own 100% decisions in life and accept all good and bad things that result from them. I try to be good to everyone always. Probably, in my favor, a survey of most anyone I've come in contact with will also say the same.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>By the way ... do you believe that you will reincarnate as amore evolved human in your next life on earth, or do you believe that this is your last entry of SELF in this present life and that your mission of "enlightenment" is accomplished?
I wanna be a domesticated long hair black cat in my next life. Man, do cats have a life or what!!

:o)

FYI - I try to worry about this life I lead. IF THERE ARE any others, after this one, and I get to be part of it - then great.

One question that does get me to ponder every so often is, "if we do live another life in a spiritual world, and remember what we lived like here on Earth, why is it, if we do reincarnate, we do not remember the previous spiritual life we supposed were just part of.

Crazy $#!+, huh?
Pad

Rockford, IL

#472944 Aug 25, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Sooo……. Pad, back in the day you told us you were in a Catholic orphanage and molested by a priest. Was that a lie??
Now you are changing your story, which is it???.
Methinks you are a very good ‘story teller.’
Just sayin'.
I am surprised at you StarC,should I tell everyone who comes on to this thread about some wicked thing that happened to me at a tender age? I am sure dear sister in Christ that you are as much appauled with such things as I am. Yes it happened,but I forgave the priest and the boys who took advantage of my innocence and age,or my vulnerability. I have read often on this thread the constant accusations of what some priests have done to youth,and you should have been glad that I did not bring it up again.

AND for the record StarC, I find making up such a story is gross and an evil thing.I know you think that I am vehemently anti Catholic,but the truth is I have disagreements with certain teachings like Purgatory,statues,and the excessive veneration of the Blessed Mother. It is what I argue,but as far as seeing many Catholic men and women as brothers and sisters in Christ ,I have no problem with that,because it is Christ who brings us together,not denominations.

Location hidden

#472945 Aug 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
WHY???
Even you June are saveable!! God loves us all believes and non believers...one day when you are ready you will be forgiven and enjoy life again thru our Lord..

Albuquerque, NM

#472946 Aug 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the theology Jesus did not sacrifice his self. Your loving god sent his son to BE sacrificed to teach us how to love each other ... of all the stupid nonsense.
Is this your theory? Because it is questionable.

How does this circumvent the RCC's path?
LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#472947 Aug 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you give us a break and just cut to the chase by admitting that you believe the one and only god in the universe loves those in your religion ... and that HE has no time or patience for others?
That is what you would like us to believe ... isn't it?
no, I WOULD LIKE YOU TO BELIEVE IF YOU WERE THE ONLY PERSON ON EARTH JESUS WOULD HAVE STILL DIED FOR YOU, BECAUSE IT IS TRUE.
PLEASE STOP TELLING ME WHAT I THINK, OR WHAT I BELIEVE.
I BELIEVE THERE IS HOPE FOR EVERYONE.

Albuquerque, NM

#472948 Aug 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I would be upset too. It sucks that the Church has to close. But there aren't enough Priests right now in some cases. The fact is, you do not know why they are closing that particular Church. You're only speculating.
I wonder how many ex-priests played Dungeons and Dragons?

Albuquerque, NM

#472949 Aug 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
OH STOP IT!!!
Don't be so silly.
Hey now - if it weren't for Catholics, you'd probably be Muslim - well, according to some individual Catholics on this forum.

*shrugs*

Albuquerque, NM

#472950 Aug 25, 2013
Typo -**"FYI - I try to worry about this life I lead. IF THERE ARE any others, after this one, and I get to be part of it - then great."

should have said - "I try >> NOT << to worry about...."

"I live in the moment" - is a great way of saying it.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#472951 Aug 25, 2013
I feel I've been ignoring y'all.

I've been busy learning some heathens about the Mithraic mysteries.

Anybody need a hug?

I mean other than June.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#472952 Aug 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So, if humans are all citizens of heaven ... why do you find it necessary to preach about hell???
You can't have your cake and eat it too!
And by the way, are all the non-human animals that suffer horrible fates on earth going to be allowed in this heaven?
Religion is silly.
I am convinced June you half read everything,because you cannot wait to make a comment and repeat your "silly" repetitive faithless junk. I never said ALL HUMANS will become citizens of Heaven,BELIEVERS. There is a big difference!Since you do not know much about Christianity,you really should not come to such quick conclusions.Heaven is not a place of debate,but the celestial name for the Kingdom of the Father.You do not believe in God,so why be concerned about who or who is not going to heaven? Are you going there no matter how much you claim God does not exist?

Do you believe you have a right to be in Heaven when in fact you reject the Atonment of Our Lord on the Cross,and consider it all SILLY? Well the Bible even says that the world considers the preaching of the Cross foolishness,but to us believers it is salvation. You scoff June,but I am afraid that your scoffing will give you the biggest unhappiness and sorrow,that you will not be able to release from your soul.It will lay so heavily on you.

All your conjecture is understandable,but it is futile,and I hope and pray that you come to your senses soon and allow God in Christ to give you life.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#472953 Aug 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>They are closing because the membership is way down and they can not afford to keep it open so they are merging this church with another Catholic Church.My friend is upset because this is a church she has been going to all her life and the other church is further away.
If the Parish is ifull, they do not close. Demographics is almost always the factor in this country.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#472954 Aug 25, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I am convinced June you half read everything,because you cannot wait to make a comment and repeat your "silly" repetitive faithless junk. I never said ALL HUMANS will become citizens of Heaven,BELIEVERS. There is a big difference!Since you do not know much about Christianity,you really should not come to such quick conclusions.Heaven is not a place of debate,but the celestial name for the Kingdom of the Father.You do not believe in God,so why be concerned about who or who is not going to heaven? Are you going there no matter how much you claim God does not exist?
Do you believe you have a right to be in Heaven when in fact you reject the Atonment of Our Lord on the Cross,and consider it all SILLY? Well the Bible even says that the world considers the preaching of the Cross foolishness,but to us believers it is salvation. You scoff June,but I am afraid that your scoffing will give you the biggest unhappiness and sorrow,that you will not be able to release from your soul.It will lay so heavily on you.
All your conjecture is understandable,but it is futile,and I hope and pray that you come to your senses soon and allow God in Christ to give you life.
THAT goes for me as well....
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#472955 Aug 25, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You and the rest of your Roman Catholic cronies are nothing more than a sanctimonious self-centered self-serving southbound end of a northbound horse. What comes out of the horse has far greater value than what spews out of your mouth. You and your kind would not know Jesus if he fell on you. You think He is a cracker!!!! Go back to your statue and mary worship and quit interrupting the REAL Christians on this forum with your mumbo jumbo.
Sorry to disappoint you OldJG, but the "real Christians" on this forum are those who follow, believe and adhere to the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ who worship in and through HIS One (and only One) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church......... Just because you "fundies" (REJECT) the TRUE INTERPRETATION of Matthew 16:13-21 regarding His One TRUE Church, and just because you "bible only buffoons" vindictively (REJECT) Jesus' EXPRESSED words in John 6:47-59 which says, "This is my BODY,(which is real food) and this is my BLOOD,(which is real drink)--------doesn't change 2000 years of the TRUTH of the Bible and the TRUTH of TRUE Church History....... Your words OldJG are those of a "desperate, frustrated, disordered and confused Protestant that just keep "spinning around in circles" in your "sinking bible only row boat" filled with a cargo of self-translated (pyramid) bible verse, built on "Quick Sand"! Until you come to TRUE SALVATION in Jesus Christ, that is manifested in and through HIS ONE TRUE UNIVERSAL (Catholic) CHURCH
(your blindness) to the TRUTH of FULLNESS of the TRUE GOSPEL and the FULLNESS of the FAITH,-----will remain!!!!

Location hidden

#472956 Aug 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Parish is ifull, they do not close. Demographics is almost always the factor in this country.
agree
Pad

Rockford, IL

#472957 Aug 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a sincere person in your Catholic Faith ... Star
When faithful Jews died they went to Abrahams Bosom. Not he'll
The prayers for the dead did nit bring them Redemption..the Messiah
They had looked forward to did .
He took every sin to the Cross with Him.
STAR we are washed clean in His blood when we receive the gift of Grace
ComING TO Him in repentance And FAITH..
hoe much penance for each sin
.if I do die with a sin on my soul...Was that SIN not taken to the CROSS..AND PAID for by HIS BLOOD
did that Cup not contain ALL SIM ..DID HE forget some??'
Are the indulgences of the CC MORE POWRRFUL than the,BLOOD OF JESUS.
HE DID IT ALL STAR .
FIR ALL OF CATHOLIC AND NON CATHOLIC
GOD GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON ...That we might have Eternal life .
It is,JESUS PLUS NOTHING
THIS IS FAITH!!!! O only in Him Not ourselves
You have the KEY here of redemption Roseze,the Blood of Christ.Is the Catholic indulgences greater than the Blood of Christ?The carnality of many reasonings about our plight as believers is what we must constantly rebuff with the finality of Christ's redemptive work on the cross.It is His atonement for our sins that goes beyond every human imagination as to dealing with sin from day to day,and for an eternity.It begins with Christ,It contiues with Christ and it ends with Christ.

There is no substitute for grace,either we are under it,or we atone for our own sins.When we allow a reasoning that we must atone for our own sins,than we are telling Christ that His Atonement for our sins was useless and of no effect.

What we must do is to CONFESS,to the Lord daily,always allowing Him to put our sins under His precious Blood,which is endless and all consuming.His Love covers a multitude of sins,and we must remid ourselves of that.But the truth is every believer has to recognize their capacity for sinning,and be willing to bring it to the Savior,be cleansed and walk in H I S Righteousness!

Although that may not be easy,it is imperative,we do it,because ONLY Christ can cleanse us from sin and unrighteous living.The more we open our minds to Christ,the more we are aware of our sins and how much we need to bring them to the foot of the Cross,ACCEPT Him being our ADVOCATE, and move on to His Will to live for Him.

Yes it takes hard work at times,but He promised that He would not forsake us in these most important things of HIS LIFE within us.

We have eternal life already living and breathing with in us who received that from Christ,WHO IS LIFE! So that is a constant reminder to us that this fleeting sinful nature we all have,must DIE daily.Paul the Apostle said"I am crucified with Christ nevertheless I live, but not I,but Christ lives within me......."AND he Paul,goes on to say that we must live in our earthly bodies which is flesh,but that since our mortality is continually being challenge by our spirit which has been made alive in Christ, we die daily.The preaching of the cross for our own lives is a bittersweet task.Many Christians regardless of affiliation are aware of this,and know that to LIVE is Christ to die is gain. As long as we are on this earth we must be dead to sin and the deeds of the flesh,and to walk in the Spirit.

But that takes a life time,and we are constantly in this process,but it is glory to glory! Continued!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Future of Politics in America 12 min Nohweh 179
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 16 min Unbannable 17
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 19 min Unbannable 87,867
Ever notice how MTV promotes interracial dating? (Jun '08) 55 min azari111 2
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 2 hr Truth-be-Told 446
Why east indians buy all the motels (Sep '09) 2 hr Enough is enough 42
News The 'Fake News' Con: A Case Study 2 hr Caesar 5
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr Pegasus 284,467
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 20 hr nanoanomaly 977,190
More from around the web