Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 673314 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Oxbow

Westlake, LA

#472898 Aug 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Slow down dear Rose. This has nothin to do with whether not you feel the grace of God when you pray. This has to do with the protection of truth. And no evangelical is in possession of the truth. We can clearly show how your beliefs are contrary to the word of God as revealed by the Apostles. Billy Graham and those similar are devout sincere Christians, but the truth is, that they've changed word of God. The Christianity that has developed since the 20th century tent revivals is a different Christianity. None the less, God DOES meet you guys to a certain point as He does Mormons, Jehovah's and anyone else who seeks Him with an open and sincere heart. Otherwise God would be a phony.
You are hilarious!!!!

Show us the definitions of the two different Christianities!!! My dictionary has only one definition of Christianity....which means it is saying there has always been only one Christianity...is it outdated????

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#472899 Aug 25, 2013
Doesn't anybody ask pertinent questions???

Why would an all-knowing, all loving creator create faulty humans such as Adam and Eve? Did he not know what he was starting???

You people choose to be idiots, and there's no question about that!

Quesnel, Canada

#472900 Aug 25, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are hilarious!!!!
Show us the definitions of the two different Christianities!!! My dictionary has only one definition of Christianity....which means it is saying there has always been only one Christianity...is it outdated????
Why don't you give us a break and just cut to the chase by admitting that you believe the one and only god in the universe loves Protestants such as you ... and that HE has no time or patience for others?

That is what you would like us to believe ... isn't it?
LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#472901 Aug 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN
THE,CROSS ..JESUS,SACRIFICE plus,Nothing
AMEN;Amen
Oxbow

Westlake, LA

#472902 Aug 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
The evangelical movement needs to believe a series of lies to begin their religion. Like:
- The Apostles established a set of Books to be the sole source of authority on the Ministry of Jesus Christ. The 66 Books are all that's revealed, and it requires private interpretations by a 'born again' to decipher the truth.
- The Catholic Church - like all the Protestant and fundamental Christians - read those books and determined their dogma and doctrine based on what they privately interpreted.
-the Catholic Church became corrupted when Rome legalized Christianity, and the now ROMAN Catholic Church is the Harlot and Whore of Babylon.
I can't begin to tell you the logical problems with the above beliefs of the fundies. Why bother with a Christian religion if it relies on deceit and forced ignorance? Huh Confrint?
Gospel truth from Scripture: All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Since the man of God is "thoroughly furnished" by all scripture, inspired of God, unto good works....what else is necessary????!!!! How can he be more "thoroughly furnished"????!!!!

thoroughly: completely

I asked you this several weeks ago.....Ah await your reply.......
Clay

Garden City, MI

#472903 Aug 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay CLAY ..now,explain ..how,the richest institution in the world closes,churches..And sells,them out from under the faithful .
To make up.money lost by the diocese.
One,from the CC claimed it was to integrate them ...into a church miles
away ..they HSVE no cars,And don't speak ENGLISH..what is that about ??
They SHOUKD walk in 95 degrees,of heat..through storms,to a,Church that is, lucky enough not to get the ax..to listen to a,priest they cannot understand ..km talking about Cubans,and Hatians,..But others,also .
They COuld walk down 195 I suppose to find,another CHURCH EITH closer ethnic??
This is,NOT Christian love IMO.
I saw,and read this in the news ...sorry it made me angry ..where is the VATICAN bank in all this .
What purpose to give money to ROME ..to have a head if the Church ..if that head does not reach out at least keeping Its,churches open .
But hey the,real estate market is a bit better..Rich people want The land under the Churches..And its not just here .
But if you get rid of the CHURCH LOCALLY. easier to build in neighborhoods..people will move ..And the developers can gentrify...or build what they want ..
Sad
I don't think you understand what your saying. I think you see the word 'bank' attached to 'Vatican' and automatically assume its a corporate banking system such as a wells Fargo or US Bank...

And I have no idea what you're saying about the CC closing Churches 'out from under the faithful'.
I've never heard of such a thing.
Saint Johns in my hometown (in st Paul, MN ) closed its doors last month and upset a few parishioners.... But that's the reality. There were only a few left because of a change in demographics of the neighborhood. But Sacred Heart Church - less than 4 blocks away, is vibrant with a Hispanic congregation. So the Church didn't really 'pull Anything out from under the faithful'. They simply consolidated the two and utilized the Parish Priest and other resources to better handle the mission of spreading the Gospel.

Quesnel, Canada

#472904 Aug 25, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are hilarious!!!!
It's common sense that the first Christianity would be the original Christianity ... and it was NOT Protestant.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#472905 Aug 25, 2013
Whoever is out there,lurking with icons ..at least post ..

I doubt it's,anyone posting ..I could be wrong ..But you do this,all the time ..please,.

If you have an opinion state it ..don't hide

Quesnel, Canada

#472906 Aug 25, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN;Amen
Why don't you give us a break and just cut to the chase by admitting that you believe the one and only god in the universe loves those in your religion ... and that HE has no time or patience for others?

Clay

Garden City, MI

#472907 Aug 25, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are hilarious!!!!
Websters Dictionary doesn't get to define Christianity and neither do you.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#472908 Aug 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the theology Jesus did not sacrifice his self. Your loving god sent his son to BE sacrificed to teach us how to love each other ... of all the stupid nonsense.
He,was willingly sacrificing Himself ..He told His,followers,..he did not run away ..

That was His,purpose in Coming ..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#472909 Aug 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you understand what your saying. I think you see the word 'bank' attached to 'Vatican' and automatically assume its a corporate banking system such as a wells Fargo or US Bank...
And I have no idea what you're saying about the CC closing Churches 'out from under the faithful'.
Saint Johns in my hometown (in st Paul, MN ) closed its doors last month and upset a few parishioners.... But that's the reality. There were only a few left because of a change in demographics of the neighborhood. But Sacred Heart Church - less than 4 blocks away, is vibrant with a Hispanic congregation. So the Church didn't really 'pull Anything out from under the faithful'. They simply consolidated the two and utilized the Parish Priest and other resources to better handle the mission of spreading the Gospel.
It's all over the country Clay ..I saw several stories .
Excuse they have moving west with population..Not the poor people
The west here US the suburbs

They give excuses in all theses stories

All over ..Not just in Fla

http://www.google.com/search...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#472910 Aug 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
The evangelical movement needs to believe a series of lies to begin their religion. Like:
- The Apostles established a set of Books to be the sole source of authority on the Ministry of Jesus Christ. The 66 Books are all that's revealed, and it requires private interpretations by a 'born again' to decipher the truth.
- The Catholic Church - like all the Protestant and fundamental Christians - read those books and determined their dogma and doctrine based on what they privately interpreted.
-the Catholic Church became corrupted when Rome legalized Christianity, and the now ROMAN Catholic Church is the Harlot and Whore of Babylon.
I can't begin to tell you the logical problems with the above beliefs of the fundies. Why bother with a Christian religion if it relies on deceit and forced ignorance? Huh Confrint?
lol...I understand what he is saying....

Location hidden

#472911 Aug 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Websters Dictionary doesn't get to define Christianity and neither do you.
Could it mean to be Christ Like? For each of us to live as Christ would have lived.

Location hidden

#472912 Aug 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
Whoever is out there,lurking with icons ..at least post ..
I doubt it's,anyone posting ..I could be wrong ..But you do this,all the time ..please,.
If you have an opinion state it ..don't hide
Rose don't let those icons bother you...chalk it up to a you know who? Check your email lol

Location hidden

#472913 Aug 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Clay, the catholic church is closing a church in the next town over were our friend goes and she and the members in that church are pretty upset about it.

Location hidden

#472914 Aug 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all over the country Clay ..I saw several stories .
Excuse they have moving west with population..Not the poor people
The west here US the suburbs
They give excuses in all theses stories
All over ..Not just in Fla
Rose you are . They trueth is the catholic church has less members in these areas and these churches near to close and to consolidate.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#472915 Aug 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you are a sincere person, but you are not not an authority to define Scriptural teachings. This includes Baptism and being born again.
I wish you guys would just be content with experiencing the love of Christ at your revivals instead of trying to play individual popes.
The Blessed Apostles already explained the faith, we don't need every generation of fundies re-defining the word of God.
You and the rest of your Roman Catholic cronies are nothing more than a sanctimonious self-centered self-serving southbound end of a northbound horse. What comes out of the horse has far greater value than what spews out of your mouth. You and your kind would not know Jesus if he fell on you. You think He is a cracker!!!! Go back to your statue and mary worship and quit interrupting the REAL Christians on this forum with your mumbo jumbo.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#472916 Aug 25, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You and the rest of your Roman Catholic cronies are nothing more than a sanctimonious self-centered self-serving southbound end of a northbound horse. What comes out of the horse has far greater value than what spews out of your mouth. You and your kind would not know Jesus if he fell on you. You think He is a cracker!!!! Go back to your statue and mary worship and quit interrupting the REAL Christians on this forum with your mumbo jumbo.
Lol. Peace be with you Mr G.
LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#472917 Aug 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you give us a break and just cut to the chase by admitting that you believe the one and only god in the universe loves those in your religion ... and that HE has no time or patience for others?
June you are so off the mark, and so much in denial that you can't hear or see the truth, nor do you want to that is a fact.
Bitterness does that to people.
'GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON TO DIE FOR THE SINS OF THE WORLD. people keep posting that one verse but we must read on to get the whole truth.
John 3:16 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

If you do not believe in God, you have tied His hands.
Without faith you will never please God.

And God will not move where there is no faith.
God didn't shut you out you shut God out.
Now your crying and want Him to do something.
You have not because you ask not, because if you asked it would be,
turning to God in faith believing in Him to move in your life and knocking down those walls rebellion.
You don't want to give God the satisfaction, what it really comes down to is your pride.
'REMEMBER PRIDE BEFORE A FALL, THE REASON SATAN WAS BOOTED OUT OF HEAVEN PRIDE SILLY STUPID PRIDE.
THIS IS WHO YOU SHOULD BE MAD AT.
Isaiah 14. 12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 18 min bad bob 184,621
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 54 min COOTERDOG 104,747
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Gabriel 981,360
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr True Christian-Jew 445,873
ex wives of PTSD veterans (Mar '12) 1 hr Heavenschild 35
_____POPE Francis 100% EXPOSED_____ 1 hr True Christian-Jew 8
Racism, Genocide and BIG OIL 3 hr Perry Mason jr 4
More from around the web