Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665126 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#472878 Aug 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Our faith dies not hinge on believing in the words of the Pope .
Nor is he even mentioned in worship.
In Evangelical churches ..the Pope or the CC is not part if the service .
Our Catholic Christian faith is "hinged" on believing the words of Jesus Christ (and not the Pope). The Pope is a "bishop" an overseer (Acts 2) of the TRUTH and the TRUE Teachings of Jesus as Jesus "taught them " to HIS Apostles (who, by the way, were Bishops in the ALL of the Early Churches (Antioch, Galatia, Ephesus, Thessalonica, Corinth, etc.(again Acts 2)......Protestant (bible only Churches (all 42,000+ of them since the Reformation, each have their own "bible self-interpreting "Relative Truth" Popes" (what each person decides for themselves is the truth), that contradict and conflict with each other on what the (they think, and what they decide) bible says and means. It is just a hodge-podge of editorialized "opinions" that can't agree on ANYTHING accept to "hostily attack, criticize and aggressive condemn" Jesus Christ and HIS (biblically and historically PROVEN One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church!!!...Over 2000 years ago Jesus Christ left HIS Apostles, disciples and followers HIS ONE TRUE (UNIVERSAL-CATHOLIC) Church (Matt 16:13-21)------NOT A BIBLE!!! Jesus' Church was heirachical, authoritative and visible with Bishops, priests, deacons and elders (again Acts 2)....Paul confirms it in I Timothy 3:15 when he call THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) the pinnacle, pillar and foundation of the TRUTH!!!---There was NO BIBLE for over 350 years after Jesus established, inititated and formed HIS ONE TRUE CATHOLIC CHURCH. The Church CAME FIRST and then the bible in 382,393, and 397 AD.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#472879 Aug 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The only reason you now (as a Christian) support Israel, is because you believe Jesus won't come until the Jews go back to their homeland.
What a twist from the old days of Christianity.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
World History Timelines
Din Timelines
may 00 - Before embarking on the First Crusade Count Emich von Leiningen and his army swept through their own German homeland, murdering thousands of Jews, whom they had declared "murderers of Christ." When Emich arrived in the town of Worms, the town's Roman Catholic Bishop tried to protect the Jewish population, but the Crusaders overran his palace and slaughtered some 500 people who had taken shelter there. Another 300 were killed over the next two days. The graves of the massacre victims can still be seen at the Jewish Cemetery at Worms.
mar 16 - The Crusades began the massacre of Jews in York, England.The Jewish population of York fled to Clifford's Tower overlooking the rivers Ouse and Foss during an anti-Jewish riot. A crazed friar set fire to the tower and rather than be captured, the inhabitants committed mass suicide.
mar 17 - Crusades complete massacre of Jews of York England.
mar 18 - Crusaders kill 57 Jews in Bury St Edmonds England.
jul 15 - Pope Innocent III states Jews are doomed to perpetual servitude & subjugation due to crucifixion of Jesus.
1348x –
Accused of being a cause of the plague, the Jews in France were dragged from their houses and burned.Pogroms occurred throughout Europe. When the plague subsided, few Jews were left in Germany ? or the Low Countries.
Lol actually not..I read about and cheered for Israel ..long before,I heard one single end time prophecy .

It's their country.

I know,NOW,why it was God's will we support them .

And Jesus will come when He comes,..that's up to the Father

It could be a hundred years,from now,.

God forbid there could be another diaspora,between now and then..I don't think do but we don't know .

But JESUS will sit in David's throne ..in the end

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#472880 Aug 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The Gnostics did not even agree on theories, much less truth ... so what IS your problem?
Are you trying to "prove" that a theory is MORE than a theory just because it is YOUR specific theory?
It is still simply a "theory."
If you get THAT through your head, you might stop trying to impress upon others that you would make a GOOD leader for aving the best Gnostic theory.
You are being very silly.
a. No problem.

b. No, I am not.

Albuquerque, NM

#472881 Aug 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You put me down for staying in religion for 70 years and yet you are still stuck in religion your "self."
You are quite the "leader."
Big difference, huh?

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#472882 Aug 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol actually not..I read about and cheered for Israel ..long before,I heard one single end time prophecy .
It's their country.
I know,NOW,why it was God's will we support them .
And Jesus will come when He comes,..that's up to the Father
It could be a hundred years,from now,.
God forbid there could be another diaspora,between now and then..I don't think do but we don't know .
But JESUS will sit in David's throne ..in the end
YEAH RIGHT!

You are full of something ... but I doubt that it has anything to do with even a semblance of truth.

Albuquerque, NM

#472883 Aug 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
No thanks. I believe the voice you hear in your head is your own and has nothing whatsoever to do with being celestial.
Self.

Thanks for proving my point, again.

Why do you refute something that you promote?

Quesnel, Canada

#472884 Aug 25, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Big difference, huh?
Why are YOU still in religion???

:)
LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#472885 Aug 25, 2013
There are many men and women standing in the pulpit preaching God's word.
The truth is many of them got their credentials from a popcorn box or on line.
There are also true men of God who have fallen from God's Grace. King David was one .
It cost him much but God forgave him and restored King David.
A Pastor or Preacher, is anointed by God to teach and preach it is a gift of the Holy Spirit not of man, and it can not be bought.
You only have to sit under a man that is anointed to preach or teach and one that isn't to know the difference.
You can not compare God; with man if man failed it wasn't God's doing, it was mans for not listening to God's warnings.
God has done all He can to save man from themselves.
Even gave His own life to save them.
Thank you Almighty God for your Mercy and Grace,
And your gift of Salvation; your Son Jesus Christ.

'AT THE CROSS AT THE CROSS WHERE I FIRST SAW THE LIGHT;
AND THE BURDENS OF MY HEART ROLLED AWAY, IT WAS THERE BY FRIGHT I RECIEVED MY SIGHT.
NOW I AM HAPPY ALL THE DAY.'

Quesnel, Canada

#472886 Aug 25, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Our Catholic Christian faith is "hinged" on believing the words of Jesus Christ (and not the Pope).
So ... are you indicating that the pope is a liar and does not preach the same words as did Jesus the "Jew?"

:)

Hilarious stuff!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#472887 Aug 25, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Our Catholic Christian faith is "hinged" on believing the words of Jesus Christ (and not the Pope). The Pope is a "bishop" an overseer (Acts 2) of the TRUTH and the TRUE Teachings of Jesus as Jesus "taught them " to HIS Apostles (who, by the way, were Bishops in the ALL of the Early Churches (Antioch, Galatia, Ephesus, Thessalonica, Corinth, etc.(again Acts 2)......Protestant (bible only Churches (all 42,000+ of them since the Reformation, each have their own "bible self-interpreting "Relative Truth" Popes" (what each person decides for themselves is the truth), that contradict and conflict with each other on what the (they think, and what they decide) bible says and means. It is just a hodge-podge of editorialized "opinions" that can't agree on ANYTHING accept to "hostily attack, criticize and aggressive condemn" Jesus Christ and HIS (biblically and historically PROVEN One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church!!!...Over 2000 years ago Jesus Christ left HIS Apostles, disciples and followers HIS ONE TRUE (UNIVERSAL-CATHOLIC) Church (Matt 16:13-21)------NOT A BIBLE!!! Jesus' Church was heirachical, authoritative and visible with Bishops, priests, deacons and elders (again Acts 2)....Paul confirms it in I Timothy 3:15 when he call THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) the pinnacle, pillar and foundation of the TRUTH!!!---There was NO BIBLE for over 350 years after Jesus established, inititated and formed HIS ONE TRUE CATHOLIC CHURCH. The Church CAME FIRST and then the bible in 382,393, and 397 AD.
Look my comment was about the fact ..despite what Clay said ..our Faith is not dependent on what the CC does,or does,not do .

I do not believe the Church as it is..rich and powerful is what Jesus intended . I do not believe all your POPES,were even fit to tie Peter's,shoes . Let alone wear them..But even the best of them are no substitute,for God's word.

This in no way negates the belief of its,faithful .

Nor dies it negate the faith of Christians born AGSIN through the grace of Jesus,Christ sacrifice on the CROSS .

the apostles thought that belief ..Not belief in an institution .

JESUS ALONE..The CROSS ..His sacrifice ..plus nothing .

Indulgences given by an earthly body are NOTHING compared to HIS,BLOOD
which the,APOSTLES taught is what saves,us.

I pray that my mom.And dad are with Jesus ..That they were right EITH Him when they died..time is nothing to God .

But it was not the prayers,if the,Jews that freed the faithful Jews from Sheol..Jesus did.

As He frees all of us ..took all our sins to the CROSS ..when Sa tan
Accuses us ..God looks at us through HIS SON ..HIS BLOOD.
LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#472888 Aug 25, 2013
The Next Chapter

August 25, 2013 — by Cindy Hess Kasper

Subscribe on iTunes
Play MP3 (Mobile)

Our Daily Bread Radio is hosted by Les Lamborn

Read: Hebrews 12:1-11

Let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith.—Hebrews 12:1-2

Bible in a Year:
Psalm 119:1-88; 1 Corinthians 7:20-40

Steve was almost 5 when his father, missionary pilot Nate Saint, was killed in 1956, along with four other men, by the Waodani tribe in Ecuador. But as a result of the love and forgiveness demonstrated by the families of the martyred men, there is now a growing community of believers among the Waodani.

As an adult, Steve moved back to Ecuador and became friends with Mincaye, one of the men who killed his father. Steve’s motto is:“Let God Write Your Story.” He says,“You have a lot of people ... who want to write their own story and have God be their editor when [it] goes wrong. I decided long ago to let God write my story.” When Steve suffered a serious accident in 2012, he reassured his family:“Let’s let God write this chapter too.” His faith continues to carry him toward recovery.

The story continues to unfold for all followers of Jesus Christ. None of us knows how the next chapter of our life will read. But as we look to Jesus and “run with endurance the race that is set before us,” we can trust Him—the author and finisher of our faith (Heb. 12:1-2). Jesus wrote the beginning of our story, and He’ll write the next chapter and the ending as well.
When we stand with Christ in glory,
Looking o’er life’s finished story,
Then, Lord, shall I fully know—
Not till then—how much I owe.—McCheyne

Let your life tell the story of Christ’s love and mercy to the world around you.

Albuquerque, NM

#472889 Aug 25, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>The Gospel according to Mary Magdela (author Jean-Yves Leloup) states that in order for Jesus to be able to redeem human sexuality,He had to have some sort of complete sexual relationship with Mary M.because they were so intimate,the Apostle Philip stated in his gospel that they often kissed on the mouth.
According to the Gospel of MM,Mary was considered closer to the Lord Jesus than He was with the male disciples,and that they should listen to her.As they grieved having to share the gospel knowing that they would face persecution.MaryM> would be the one to set them straight. Jean Yves Leloup states that Jesus had to have a sexual knowing in order to be able to redeem humanitycompletely.
What are your answers to that,since you no doubt are a spiritual leader of Gnostic gospels?
Jean Yves Leloup - opinion or truth? What did you decide?

IMO - I believe there was a little bit of that human emotion jealousy out there brewing with the men,'cause Jesus may have been gettin' a little "sumtin'-sumtin'"... .*winks*....

That is how screwed up man's writing is, huh? Too many opinions get formulated, but now it's upon us to CHOOSE which texts are true and which are not. You seem to believe Jean Yves Leloup's opinion. Or are you just using that as a reference for something having to do with the RCC?

I still haven't grasped the correlation you want to bring up.

As for my answers - they are off-topic so I'll skip on posting.

Maybe you should also stay a little more focused as well.

OR.....you could speak with June, as she seems interested in the Gnostic religion.

Quesnel, Canada

#472890 Aug 25, 2013
I want you to ask your selves this question.

From what I studied of ancient religions ... the theologians in all religions taught that killing of other humans was ordained by the gods.

By teaching that dogma, were the ancient theologians selfless ... or selfish in their "aims?"

Quesnel, Canada

#472891 Aug 25, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<OR.....you could speak with June, as she seems interested in the Gnostic religion.
I am interested in the study of ALL religions.

You are interested in only promoting your specific brand of Gnosticism.

By the way ... do you believe that you will reincarnate as amore evolved human in your next life on earth, or do you believe that this is your last entry of SELF in this present life and that your mission of "enlightenment" is accomplished?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#472892 Aug 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Slow down dear Rose. This has nothin to do with whether not you feel the grace of God when you pray. This has to do with the protection of truth. And no evangelical is in possession of the truth. We can clearly show how your beliefs are contrary to the word of God as revealed by the Apostles. Billy Graham and those similar are devout sincere Christians, but the truth is, that they've changed word of God. The Christianity that has developed since the 20th century tent revivals is a different Christianity. None the less, God DOES meet you guys to a certain point as He does Mormons, Jehovah's and anyone else who seeks Him with an open and sincere heart. Otherwise God would be a phony.
Okay CLAY ..now,explain ..how,the richest institution in the world closes,churches..And sells,them out from under the faithful .
To make up.money lost by the diocese.

One,from the CC claimed it was to integrate them ...into a church miles
away ..they HSVE no cars,And don't speak ENGLISH..what is that about ??

They SHOUKD walk in 95 degrees,of heat..through storms,to a,Church that is, lucky enough not to get the ax..to listen to a,priest they cannot understand ..km talking about Cubans,and Hatians,..But others,also .

They COuld walk down 195 I suppose to find,another CHURCH EITH closer ethnic??

This is,NOT Christian love IMO.

I saw,and read this in the news ...sorry it made me angry ..where is the VATICAN bank in all this .

What purpose to give money to ROME ..to have a head if the Church ..if that head does not reach out at least keeping Its,churches open .

But hey the,real estate market is a bit better..Rich people want The land under the Churches..And its not just here .

But if you get rid of the CHURCH LOCALLY. easier to build in neighborhoods..people will move ..And the developers can gentrify...or build what they want ..

Sad

Quesnel, Canada

#472893 Aug 25, 2013
Mother Teresa hoped that if she attained sainthood, that she would choose to leave heaven and carry on with her mission of converting all people to Catholicism.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Mother Teresa, Come Be My Light … The Private Writings of the “Saint of Calcutta”… edited and with commentary by Brian Kolodiejchuk, M.C.

If I ever become a saint—I will be a saint of “darkness.” I will continually be absent from heaven—to light the light of those in darkness on earth.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#472894 Aug 25, 2013
LTM wrote:
There are many men and women standing in the pulpit preaching God's word.
The truth is many of them got their credentials from a popcorn box or on line.
There are also true men of God who have fallen from God's Grace. King David was one .
It cost him much but God forgave him and restored King David.
A Pastor or Preacher, is anointed by God to teach and preach it is a gift of the Holy Spirit not of man, and it can not be bought.
You only have to sit under a man that is anointed to preach or teach and one that isn't to know the difference.
You can not compare God; with man if man failed it wasn't God's doing, it was mans for not listening to God's warnings.
God has done all He can to save man from themselves.
Even gave His own life to save them.
Thank you Almighty God for your Mercy and Grace,
And your gift of Salvation; your Son Jesus Christ.
'AT THE CROSS AT THE CROSS WHERE I FIRST SAW THE LIGHT;
AND THE BURDENS OF MY HEART ROLLED AWAY, IT WAS THERE BY FRIGHT I RECIEVED MY SIGHT.
NOW I AM HAPPY ALL THE DAY.'
AMEN

THE,CROSS ..JESUS,SACRIFICE plus,Nothing

Quesnel, Canada

#472895 Aug 25, 2013
The Catholics of today would like us to believe that the first pope of Rome was a Jew named Peter. But Pope is simply another word for bishop, and when the Catholic church started there were many bishops governing different areas.

It was convenient for them to use the word pope when they finally quit fighting over which bishop would reign over the whole Catholic "empire."

Words are tricky ... but they can get caught in their own webs of lies.

The pope today is still known as the "bishop" of Rome.

I suggest that Peter was a fictitious Jew and nothing BUT fictitious.

The idea that the rabid ex-Jew Catholics would have allowed a Jew to rule over THEM is about as stupid a theology as ever was believed by those who REFUSE to ask pertinent questions.

Quesnel, Canada

#472896 Aug 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay CLAY ..now,explain ..how,the richest institution in the world closes,churches..And sells,them out from under the faithful .
To make up.money lost by the diocese.
One,from the CC claimed it was to integrate them ...into a church miles
away ..they HSVE no cars,And don't speak ENGLISH..what is that about ??
They SHOUKD walk in 95 degrees,of heat..through storms,to a,Church that is, lucky enough not to get the ax..to listen to a,priest they cannot understand ..km talking about Cubans,and Hatians,..But others,also .
They COuld walk down 195 I suppose to find,another CHURCH EITH closer ethnic??
This is,NOT Christian love IMO.
I saw,and read this in the news ...sorry it made me angry ..where is the VATICAN bank in all this .
What purpose to give money to ROME ..to have a head if the Church ..if that head does not reach out at least keeping Its,churches open .
But hey the,real estate market is a bit better..Rich people want The land under the Churches..And its not just here .
But if you get rid of the CHURCH LOCALLY. easier to build in neighborhoods..people will move ..And the developers can gentrify...or build what they want ..
Sad
Why don't you give us a break and just cut to the chase by admitting that you believe the one and only god in the universe loves Protestants such as you ... and that HE has no time or patience for others?

That is what you would like us to believe ... isn't it?

Quesnel, Canada

#472897 Aug 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN
THE,CROSS ..JESUS,SACRIFICE plus,Nothing
According to the theology Jesus did not sacrifice his self. Your loving god sent his son to BE sacrificed to teach us how to love each other ... of all the stupid nonsense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for a naughty girl. 2 min Gurly4054 9
Things poping up while i was sitting on my dads... (Jun '11) 6 min Tramp353 83
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 9 min Glitter7145 63
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 12 min karl44 87,900
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 13 min It aint necessari... 18
China Portable LED Sign, Truck LED Display, Bus... 13 min Crush7537 2
China Taxi Top LED Display, Bus LED Display, Tr... 17 min Catch5623 2
The Future of Politics in America 1 hr Insults Are Easier 177
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Crushy9254 284,475
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 1 hr Dolly6807 447
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Spank9090 977,198
More from around the web