Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 568,404
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Clay

United States

#472604 Aug 23, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
say it again for me...lol...
"It means he knew Eve, his wife"
lol
"And Adam knew Eve his wife, and she conceived and bare Cain."

I'm starting to think Ox has multiple personalities and you're his alter ego.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#472605 Aug 23, 2013
Crazy theology

Adam had sex with Eve, who was previously his own rib, and he and Eve bore children that also committed incest.

Theologians were and are idiots.

:)

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#472606 Aug 23, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me what this means: Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:
He dreamed the whole happening.

Do you always place credibility in dreams and visions?

How?

Why?

Prince George, Canada

#472607 Aug 23, 2013
Theologians taught and teach that it is God's will that those inside their own cults are blessed ... while outsiders are cursed.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Opposite Word of bless:

"condemn, curse, damn"

http://www.opposite-word.com/default.asp

Albuquerque, NM

#472608 Aug 23, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you capable of answering a question.
Gen 4:4 Now Adam KNEW Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain.
*what does the word KNEW mean.
you said it doesn't mean a sexual act, so what does it mean?
How is it that if there were no witnesses to this, and someone else could write a factual occurrence?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#472609 Aug 23, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Months ago I said something to Ox about the way he spoke to women on this forum...where were you?
And I agreed it was offensive to say that.
Buddies again????
Oxbow is an idiot. Everyone here knows that. He doesn't listen to any Christian here so it's pointless to admonish him.

You on the other hand used your first post here today to defend his position regarding the Blessed Virgin. In my opinion that makes you questionable aw well.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#472610 Aug 23, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
"And Adam knew Eve his wife, and she conceived and bare Cain."
I'm starting to think Ox has multiple personalities and you're his alter ego.
If a person had some type of common sense, they say the text reads Adam and Eve had sex. Eve got pregnant, and Cain was born.

If your Clay it reads Adam knew his wife Eve.

Priceless....lol

Albuquerque, NM

#472611 Aug 23, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You're suppose to be a sola scripturist. Book, chapter and verse please, where Christ says all born again Christians get the keys to bind and loose on Earth that Heaven itself will recognize as authoritative.
You are supposed to be Catholic.

Please state where "God" has specifically stated which books are inspired and which are not.

Honesty Clay, that is what I am looking for.
Clay

United States

#472612 Aug 23, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke 10:10 After this the Lord appointed seventy-two[a] others and sent them on ahead of him, two by two, into every town and place where he himself was about to go. 2 And he said to them,“The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest. 3 Go your way; behold, I am sending you out as lambs in the midst of wolves. 4 Carry no moneybag, no knapsack, no sandals, and greet no one on the road. 5 Whatever house you enter, first say,‘Peace be to this house!’ 6 And if a son of peace is there, your peace will rest upon him. But if not, it will return to you. 7 And remain in the same house, eating and drinking what they provide, for the laborer deserves his wages. Do not go from house to house. 8 Whenever you enter a town and they receive you, eat what is set before you. 9 Heal
the sick in it and say to them,‘The kingdom of God has come near to you.’ 10 But whenever you enter a town and they do not receive you, go into its streets and say, 11 ‘Even the dust of your town that clings to our feet we wipe off against you. Nevertheless know this, that the kingdom of God has come near.’ 12 I tell you, it will be more bearable on that day for Sodom than for that town.
**Question Clay...these folks have the keys which is the Gospel. Were they given authority...yes.
Why on Earth would you think this Biblical account is about you and the evangelical born again movement?
Nevermind,... I really don't wanna know.
I've stated before, unless you guys can prove Christ willed sola scripture AND desired to have the born again movement interpret it, there is really no need to play Bible verse ping pong.

Albuquerque, NM

#472613 Aug 23, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
ROTFLAU!!!!! "It means he knew Eve, his wife"
** it's his wife, I'm sure he probably already established that before they got married...lol
* no wonder you have to rely on a priest to tell you what to believe. you haven't a clue what God's Word means.
No doubt Clay has the quote of the day...maybe the year.
Clay was asked what does KNEW mean in this text 4 Now Adam knew Eve his wife
Clay's answer: It means he knew Eve, his wife
**Priceless...I'm laughing at you while I type.
There is no wedding ceremony mentioned in the Bible that would have occurred with Adam or Eve.

Please stop trying to mislead others with false conclusions.
Clay

United States

#472614 Aug 23, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
If a person had some type of common sense, they say the text reads Adam and Eve had sex. Eve got pregnant, and Cain was born.
If your Clay it reads Adam knew his wife Eve.
Priceless....lol
I repeated the verse is all.
How ya doing Ox? I like this Ox better.

Albuquerque, NM

#472615 Aug 23, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So we're agreed - the "knew her" part is not what we're talking about, rather it's the "until" that you're hung up on. As my very first post in this line of discussion indicated, the word "until" is used differently in the bible than the contemporary English you're used to.
All of your reformers believed it was to be understood in the same way the Catholic Church does. No protestants held your view until very recently. Yes, I see the pattern, it's called fundamentalist bible scrabble.
The qualifiers of Christianity.

Do you know them all?

I wonder why it is not required to believe in all of Jesus, but special consideration is placed upon if a woman remained a virgin or not.

DOH!

Prince George, Canada

#472616 Aug 23, 2013
You can choose to keep believing you receive divine power from words in a book ... or you can choose to close the cover of that book and never place faith and trust in the words of that book again.

June VanDerMark

August 23, 2013
Clay

United States

#472617 Aug 23, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You have some of the best replies Clay...no rebuttals, just jibberish.
I've decided after your "It means he knew Eve, his wife" comment, you can't be taken seriously when discussing scripture. So for now on, have you priest come on here to mediate for you. Thanks
I sense allot of insecurity in your laughs.

If my Priest came on here to debate you and said, "the word of God says this". You would say, "no, the word of God says that". whoopy ding, you would win I guess. There has been lots of Chucks since the Bible was published in 1452.

Prince George, Canada

#472618 Aug 23, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<I wonder why it is not required to believe in all of Jesus
DOH!
Do YOU require it?

Chuck

Dublin, OH

#472619 Aug 23, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow is an idiot. Everyone here knows that. He doesn't listen to any Christian here so it's pointless to admonish him.
You on the other hand used your first post here today to defend his position regarding the Blessed Virgin. In my opinion that makes you questionable aw well.
Give a break...do you want a hug??

Go back to see posts Tony. I have replied to him but not in a long long time. Because unlike you, I ignore him.

He said filthy things to I believe Regina(I could be wrong) but it was a female and I called him on it. So save your speech.

btw...show me where I defended his post.

Prince George, Canada

#472620 Aug 23, 2013
<quoted text>
He dreamed the whole happening.
Do you always place credibility in dreams and visions?
How?
Why?
Do YOU? And if not, how do you know that Jesus existed, or if he existed what he believed?

Could it be that you have put all your faith in the words written by the Gnostics, who by the way never agreed with each other on the meanings of words???

Clay

United States

#472621 Aug 23, 2013
<quoted text>
You are supposed to be Catholic.
Please state where "God" has specifically stated which books are inspired and which are not.
Honesty Clay, that is what I am looking for.
God doesn't say which Books are inspired. He left it up to Chuck and the born again movement to determine the canon of scripture. They said the first 1600 yrs of Christianity had the incorrect amount of Books and interpretations, so they ripped out 7 and clarified the meanings of the other 66. Thanks Chuck! Lol

Albuquerque, NM

#472622 Aug 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do YOU require it?
Yes, if one is required to "believe in Jesus".

But I am just some guy in ABQ. What does it matter if someone doesn't listen to what I have to say?

It doesn't.

Why?

Prince George, Canada

#472623 Aug 23, 2013
All theologians were good at the game of guessing. So WHAT? Anyone can guess, but to claim to know truth is another matter altogether.

And I suggest they never had female "leaders" as stated below. Women were not perceived by any of the Christians OR Jews in that era as anything other than subservient possessions of men.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Those now known as Gnostics (not named that until later in history) were not a church but more what we might call a theological perspective. They did have a few leaders, both male and female, and had various and diverse theologies. They did have some unusual beliefs.

http://gnosticschristians.com/page2.html

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Hidingfromyou 796,161
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 15 min AussieBobby 267,536
Scientific proof for God's existence 34 min Make World peace ... 617
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 43 min Ntakudyaunya 12
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 55 min MUQ1 38,065
How you can maintain your youthful skin after h... 1 hr Asian Derma 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Student 39,671
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Black Thunder 42 607,249
More from around the web