Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687224 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#472844 Aug 25, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not becouse I'm good,becouse I'm not. It's becouse He is good.:)
UH HUH!

What if this male god rejects you and you end up in hell? Will you still believe that "he" is a good god?

Silly people!
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#472845 Aug 25, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
What theory do you put your faith and trust in, if you don't mind me asking?
I don't mind you asking at all.

I put my faith in the theory that if I trust my conscience to be my guide, it won't let my down.

My conscience is what guided me out of religion, alerting me to the idea that all theologians had no right to claim they knew truth when religion itself is based on theory.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#472846 Aug 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice folks,on this,forum G ....most love our Lord And,Savior Jesus,Christ
And according to you, the rest are "evil?"
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#472847 Aug 25, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>"pathetic creatures" Thus saith June in her own condescending way.
I aim to be condescending to people who believe that because they belong to one or another human-created religion that a god loves them and will discard others who are not of that religion.

That attitudes is selfish ... period!!!

If you don't see your own selfishness, I aim to point it out to you.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#472848 Aug 25, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>June you really misread Hung Hsiu-ch'uan.He spoke of the spiritual forces that were behind the Manchus,
So he was going to go kill them to get rid of the evil demons that he believed resided in them???

That smacks of burning others at the stake to get rid of their demons.

Does that type of behavior make those who burn others at the stake HOLY servants of the supposed god???

If you don't wake up ... others can't do it for you.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#472849 Aug 25, 2013
Pad wrote:
Everyone should take some time if possible to read about the Chinese history that was very cruel toward its subjects.Godless leaders that often persecuted .
If you don't study the horrible history of Christianity ... you will continue to point outward at evil and at your self as holy.

When push comes to shove humans are very nasty beasts indeed, and you and I are of the same lot.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#472850 Aug 25, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I am not a Protestant or a Catholic either! To me a believer becomes a citizen of heaven,no denomination or "church" has a monopoly to what belongs to G O D!
So, if humans are all citizens of heaven ... why do you find it necessary to preach about hell???

You can't have your cake and eat it too!

And by the way, are all the non-human animals that suffer horrible fates on earth going to be allowed in this heaven?

Religion is silly.
truth

Success, Australia

#472851 Aug 25, 2013
now you don't liked what i say..

i told you
did you find that theory
its just image of finger can destroy entire continents..
i told you how
that you can think proply
did you ever see pure mind and pure spirit..see neurons as tiny nerves in human mind..its so sensitive as well deadly..
entire universe system stay over that

your theory is zero now
you make me sick
i have to destroy what i drove

i stop thinking about myself

you not convince me
Silly

United States

#472852 Aug 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
If we could only see this is,God's purpose for us as a NAtion.
To spread HIS WORD not turn away from.Him
And to Stand By ISRAEL.
I believe GOD used the Reformers ..persecuted for their faith..And the Catholics from England
To settle this nation ..endure hardships ..Bring their faith which moved them to declare FREEDOM OF WORSHIP.
IT IS NO ACCIDENT. HE allowed us to become s great Nation. Our dealing with
Israel is,our future ...And we are on a poor course at the moment .
GOD IN HEAVRN LOOK DOWN and have mercy on this ..the Country you HSVE lived so and blessed in the past .
GIVE OUR LEADERS WISDOM as You GAVE Solomon to guide us back into love of Your Holiness
Have them kerp the Alliance we Have had with your Chosen Israel.
Grant US ALL PEACE ..in the country and here on this,forum
IN JESUS NAME
You are a silly nationalist who practices a false religion, nothing more.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#472853 Aug 25, 2013
Every preacher on this thread tells others how they have to behave if they want love from the one and only god.

Yet they will all feign humility by claiming that only god knows who "he" loves and who he will reject.

Ridiculous blather.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#472854 Aug 25, 2013
If a deity created mosquitos, it's only fair that there is a mosquito heaven.

And by the way, because mosquitos don't offend the deity ... it's common sense that there will be NO mosquito hell.

Isn't that a wonderful "revelation."

Theology can be a lot of fun, if it's not taken to heart as serious "business."
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#472855 Aug 25, 2013
Maybe we should study how souls of mosquitos leave their little bodies as they fly off to mosquito heaven.

It's only fair that for a change we take the focus of holiness off of humans and place it on mosquitos.

:)
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#472856 Aug 25, 2013
I really hope that mosquitos go to the same heaven as humans who believe they are saved.

It would serve them RIGHT to scratch their self-righteous itchy souls for eternity.

I wonder if souls can BE itchy after they arrive in heaven?

OH WELL ... only the god that loves mosquitos knows the answer to that deep question.

truth

Success, Australia

#472857 Aug 25, 2013
Are you for sure Supreme God make us funny that we not worthy less then one mosquito?
Please don't pretend with your lips about precious creation from real Creator!
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#472858 Aug 25, 2013
If you want entertainment ... I suggest you study how those in religion create their own theologies as they go merrily along their own ways.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Where Does the Soul Go After Death?(Paradise or Soul Sleep)?

By Dr. Richard P. Bucher

One of the questions that has confused and divided Christians over the years is,“Where does the soul go after death? Does the soul sleep and remain with the body until the final resurrection on the Last Day? Or does the soul leave the body at death, to be with the Lord in Paradise (if Christian), or to a place of punishment (non-Christian)? The Seventh Day Adventists, Jehovah’s Witnesses, and some evangelical Christians hold to the soul sleep view. Lutherans, Catholics, and most Protestants hold to the soul leaving the body view.

http://www.orlutheran.com/html/aftersoul.html
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#472859 Aug 25, 2013
If you belong to a group of religious believers that practice reincarnation ... the soul keeps on travelling back and forth to earth, until ... whenever and wherever it completes its journey and becomes a master of "enlightenment."

Religion is mental BUNK.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#472860 Aug 25, 2013
truth wrote:
Are you for sure Supreme God make us funny that we not worthy less then one mosquito?
Please don't pretend with your lips about precious creation from real Creator!
Are you disturbed by the thought that a god might not place your worth as any more than the worth of a mosquito???

From my perspective, you "should" be disturbed by being so arrogant as to believe that humans are special.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#472861 Aug 25, 2013
It was because my conscience alerted me to the idea that no creator of moral character would put more worth on humans than on any other forms of life, that I finally left all religion behind to the theologians and their followers ... from where it first came.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#472862 Aug 25, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
The gospel report
I. The gospel is a report.
1. It is not a new report. It is that which was first heard by our first parents,
“Thou shalt bruise his head.”
It is the same which was received by the patriarchs and prophets, of whom it is said,
“These all died in faith.”
It is the same which began to be made by Christ, when in the fulness of time He brought life and immortality to light by the gospel.
Novelty is sometimes pleaded against the preachers of the gospel. There is, indeed, a sense in which it is new; its excellence can be known only by experience.
2. But, if it be not new, it is full of truth. Your attention might perhaps be excited by a report that is not true, as some of you may have been excited by the mimicry of the stage, or as others may have poured tears of sensibility over a romance. But all is truth, all is reality here.
3. But supposing it to be true, is it interesting?
Is this report an important one?
Yes,
it is as good as it is true, as true as it is good. There is something striking in the scheme of the gospel.
Infinite wisdom is displayed in it,
infinite grace is manifested in it;
it is infinitely glorious in its effects.
Drop it in a town, in a village, in a family, its influence will be soon felt.
It does more than all the wisdom of the senate—than all the maxims of philosophers—than all the power of armies.
II. This report is connected with faith. Else it is made in vain.
The complaint is,
“Who hath believed our report?”
I do not mean a family faith, for the exercise of which a man can assign no other reason than that his father believed so before him.
Nor do I mean a geographical faith, by which a man makes a profession of Christianity merely because he lives in a Christian country.
I speak of genuine faith. This is a Divine principle, and
it produces Divine effects.
It is of the operation of the Spirit, and
it is always accompanied by proper fruits.
Wherever the gospel report is carried,
it carries the obligation to believe it, for there is—
1. Sufficiency of object.
Christ,
who was “made sin for us, though He knew no sin,” and who is as willing as He is able, and as able as He is willing,“to save to the uttermost.”
2. A sufficiency of authority to warrant all that the sinner expects.
The Saviour came to seek and to save sinners.
And is not this your character?
3. A sufficiency of invitation.
The language of this report is,“Come.”
The Old Testament says “Come”—“Come, and
let us reason together,” etc.“
Ho, every one that thirsteth,” etc.
The Lord Jesus Christ says,
“Come”—“
If any man thirst, let him come to Me and drink”—
“Come unto Me, all that labour,” etc.
“And the Spirit and the Bride say, Come,” etc.(W. Mann, A.M.)
~~~~
Man’s treatment of the gospel
I. This quotation is regarded by Dean Vaughan as the citing of a parallel case.“The gospel is sent to all; but”(it may be objected
Truth!
marge

Leesburg, GA

#472863 Aug 25, 2013
Welcome brother Gtown71 to the True Church board!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 7 min Bongossmarterbrother 30,876
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 25 min Bobby Bobson 987,264
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 30 min Edthirty 286,544
Topix is run by a bunch of GAY LOSERS 2 hr Doctor REALITY 1
I LOVE my new LG V20 smartphone!!! 3 hr Doctor REALIUTY 6
News Driver charged after ramming truck into mobile ... 3 hr bhc 2
Anthony Bragg 8 hr Eyes open Smh 29
More from around the web