Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646777 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Chilliwack, Canada

#472771 Aug 24, 2013
Plain Jane wrote:
<quoted text>
You still don't know the difference between faith and theory.
I can put faith in any old theory. I choose not to put faith in the theory of theologians, that religion is based on truth.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#472772 Aug 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Ox, please, enough is enough. This isn't a game. Just believe whatever you want. At this point, nothing will sway anybody here.. All you guys are staunch sola scripturist. That is the theory you're going "all in" with. It doesn't matter I guess, that you all come to different truths based on scripture.. In the end, we all stand before God and we will be judged accordingly.
For once you are right. This is not a game. My question has nothing to do with being a staunch solo scripto (new word)...it has nothing to do with theory.

It has to do with you not answering my question..Which was/is "Why are you not answering? It will reveal the truth.... Something that catlicks avoid like he plague...

Your denomination teaches Christ is the incarnate Son of God...the redeemer of the human Race...why do you not believe what your vatacan teaches????

Since: Sep 09

Chilliwack, Canada

#472773 Aug 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry clay, but I'm not a protestant .
I am a born again christian though.
So, you are not Protestant or Catholic, but you ARE Christian?

How funny.

What next?
Gtown71

Arlington, TX

#472774 Aug 24, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
God Bless you great testimony. Thank you for sharing it.
Thanks for your response. I've not really given my testimony yet, but only trying to show that God is real. As you already know, it's up to others to decide.

I realize, that I offend many, and that's ok.
The truth is the truth.

I don't believe I'm on the path to Heaven, I believe I'm going to Heaven. I'm already there according to God :)

I believe once a person has "truly "been born again that they are forever sealed in the grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

I would even say 90% of "christians " don't understand this, and continue to try and earn grace, or put others under bondage.

My soul is saved and sealed. My flesh is just as filthy as it was the momment before I met this God. There will come a day when even it will be put right, but that will also be a work of God, and not of man.

I've not read many post, but glad to meet you.

I cannot respond Sun night -Fri night, for a few weeks due to my job, and being inside a secure location, where no electonics are allowed. Atleast not for me, but the prisoners have plenty of access.:)

The world we live in. Lol
Nice to meet you.
Gtown71

Arlington, TX

#472775 Aug 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I noticed that after I posted it, but then I thought "Catholics and Protestants are both the same, as they both believe that a god lives to lavish love on only their own cults.
It's ok June. I made a mistake myself back in. 1989, when I said that instead of this. Lol

I am neither of what you've listed. I am a child of God.
awaken by this God.
Saved by this God.
sealed by this God.

It's not becouse I'm good,becouse I'm not. It's becouse He is good.:)
Gtown71

Arlington, TX

#472776 Aug 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I can put faith in any old theory. I choose not to put faith in the theory of theologians, that religion is based on truth.
Most religion is NOT based on truth, but lies. Most "christian " religions, turn truth into a lie.

What theory do you put your faith and trust in, if you don't mind me asking?
Evolution? Not micro, but the kind that says rocks and slim and lots and lots of time, and here we are kind of evolution, which seems would take even waaay more faith to me.

Just know sitting inside any "church "makes one a child of God, like sitting in a garage makes one a car :)

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#472777 Aug 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a born again christian though. Plus it was the catholic teaching that made me come to my conclusion.
the rcc, puts people "mostly lost " into bondage, with vain repetitious prayers, and rituals tha are worthless. One "man " forgiving another man, mary worshipping, prayers for the dead, and most of all taking the only name given, by where we must be saved, and turning it into a vanilla wafer.
That's the biggest scam going. It saddens me to know so many who are caught up into the demonic driven deal. Plus satan is a god "little g " of this world, but you're right about one thing, there is only one God "big G "
Peace.
Hey G great to see you join us here
Gtown71

Arlington, TX

#472778 Aug 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you are not Protestant or Catholic, but you ARE Christian?
How funny.
What next?
Yes!!! Shocked???
You're no different then most who believe this way.

Who started the Christian faith? Rcc, baptist, seventh day adavent, holy ghost penticostal tabernacle of the full gospel sabboth shinning stars house of prayer on sun , morons, I mean Mormons, L, but not outloud. Lol

Christ perhaps?:)

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#472779 Aug 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your response. I've not really given my testimony yet, but only trying to show that God is real. As you already know, it's up to others to decide.
I realize, that I offend many, and that's ok.
The truth is the truth.
I don't believe I'm on the path to Heaven, I believe I'm going to Heaven. I'm already there according to God :)
I believe once a person has "truly "been born again that they are forever sealed in the grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
I would even say 90% of "christians " don't understand this, and continue to try and earn grace, or put others under bondage.
My soul is saved and sealed. My flesh is just as filthy as it was the momment before I met this God. There will come a day when even it will be put right, but that will also be a work of God, and not of man.
I've not read many post, but glad to meet you.
I cannot respond Sun night -Fri night, for a few weeks due to my job, and being inside a secure location, where no electonics are allowed. Atleast not for me, but the prisoners have plenty of access.:)
The world we live in. Lol
Nice to meet you.
Nice folks,on this,forum G ....most love our Lord And,Savior Jesus,Christ
Zoey

Ardsley, NY

#472780 Aug 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a born again christian though. Plus it was the catholic teaching that made me come to my conclusion.
the rcc, puts people "mostly lost " into bondage, with vain repetitious prayers, and rituals tha are worthless. One "man " forgiving another man, mary worshipping, prayers for the dead, and most of all taking the only name given, by where we must be saved, and turning it into a vanilla wafer.
That's the biggest scam going. It saddens me to know so many who are caught up into the demonic driven deal. Plus satan is a god "little g " of this world, but you're right about one thing, there is only one God "big G "
Peace.
You make insulting comments about the RCC. With all due respect,you are ignorant. It's extremely hurtful to our lord Jesus. He instituted the sacrament of reconciliation,as well as the Holy Eucharist. It is truly his body and blood. If you truly understood your bible,the word of God,you'd see that. Pray to the Holy Spirit that he may enlighten you to his truth. Please. You seem like a good man who wants to be led by God. There is much lies perpetuated about the church. Satan is the author of lies. Remember that. May the peace of our risen Lord Jesus lead you,guide you and protect you.
Gtown71

Arlington, TX

#472781 Aug 24, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey G great to see you join us here
Hey lady, thanks . I just felt "called " to come over :)
I can only tell my story, it never changes.

Yet to the non - believer, no amount of evidence is enough. To the believer, no amount needed.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#472782 Aug 24, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Your question is unclear. Would you mind clarifying?
Thanks!
BTW - as far as I believe - there is not "special" sexuality that is required, as we are all supposed "Spirit" after we die.
The Gospel according to Mary Magdela (author Jean-Yves Leloup) states that in order for Jesus to be able to redeem human sexuality,He had to have some sort of complete sexual relationship with Mary M.because they were so intimate,the Apostle Philip stated in his gospel that they often kissed on the mouth.

According to the Gospel of MM,Mary was considered closer to the Lord Jesus than He was with the male disciples,and that they should listen to her.As they grieved having to share the gospel knowing that they would face persecution.MaryM> would be the one to set them straight. Jean Yves Leloup states that Jesus had to have a sexual knowing in order to be able to redeem humanitycompletely.

What are your answers to that,since you no doubt are a spiritual leader of Gnostic gospels?
Gtown71

Arlington, TX

#472783 Aug 24, 2013
Zoey wrote:
<quoted text> You make insulting comments about the RCC. With all due respect,you are ignorant. It's extremely hurtful to our lord Jesus. He instituted the sacrament of reconciliation,as well as the Holy Eucharist. It is truly his body and blood. If you truly understood your bible,the word of God,you'd see that. Pray to the Holy Spirit that he may enlighten you to his truth. Please. You seem like a good man who wants to be led by God. There is much lies perpetuated about the church. Satan is the author of lies. Remember that. May the peace of our risen Lord Jesus lead you,guide you and protect you.
Although I strongly disagree, it seems you to have a heart for our Lord. I'm sorry if what I say is hurtful, becouse it is with love I say what I say. The Lord's supper is a beautiful thing, but when anything I "get to do " turns into what I "must " do in order to obtain or keep my salvation, it makes me a "co -savior " to myself.

Most is done out of ignorance.
Again many inside the rcc are true christians. Although I fear very few priest or popes are.

I am now a saint in Gods eyes. I don't have to be voted on by man.

My faith is in Christ alone. Period!
Pad

Rockford, IL

#472784 Aug 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Peace.
Denominational affiliations are all human endeavors to serve Christ in their own unique confession of faith.All Christian denominations have truth,and error.But because of God's unconditional love,every believer has access to HIM through His Son.

Your testimony is wonderful,because God reached out to you,you did not seek to find Him in some venue.He came to you,which is quite the truth,AS"He first sought me." When the Lord comes to us,we are challenged to be converted by Him.Therefore church orientation and denominational theology and practices do not enter into true conversion.Often people who are powerfully converted are rejected by most churches at first,because somehow they feel they should have a part in it.

Nevertheless we need the Body of Christ,we need communities,and where there are many witnesses,we can have our faith confirmed,and we learn from one another.But there is that personal revelation of Christ that is unique to us all,that which many times meets with resistance from other believers,or members of the denominational systems we find ourselves in.However I have found that ther is great fellowship in the churches,and we draw from one another,and more greatly,we like moss gather from each other,to build on that great ekklesia the church.Along with the faults,the truth strengthens and shapes us all!

May the Lord richly bless you and your loved ones,grow where you are planted,remember no man is an i s l a n d.The Lord always has people of faith for us to be blessed and encouraged by!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#472785 Aug 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Ox, please, enough is enough. This isn't a game. Just believe whatever you want. At this point, nothing will sway anybody here.. All you guys are staunch sola scripturist. That is the theory you're going "all in" with. It doesn't matter I guess, that you all come to different truths based on scripture.. In the end, we all stand before God and we will be judged accordingly.
Clay

I believe OX believes in Jesus,

Exactly what answer he is,trying to get from the,rest of us both Catholic and non Catholic is,a,mystery .

I don't think any if us,HAS the correct answer .
Pad

Rockford, IL

#472786 Aug 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that you believe you are special to a god.
You can't seem to help yourself out of your cult.
Pathetic creatures.
"pathetic creatures" Thus saith June in her own condescending way.What dear lady do you say about those who do evil wicked things,Kill,mame,cause wars and so on(PRESENT)?If hojo being a believer,and I highly doubt a wreckless evil person who kills and so on,is a pathetic creature,than what about someone like Stalin who killed millions of Russian people,all in the name of atheistic communism? June the very fact that you call anyone on this thread a pathetic creature,only proves you are a hateful person,filled with the asps of a poisonous snake.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#472787 Aug 24, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
You realize 2 Pete is a pseudograph, right?
Pete wasn't into book learnin' much, ya know.
~~~
Nome of the original apostles were educated...as far as the world's standards is today.

Evidently....they did not meet the standards of the (so called educational standard of the day that they lived in...either

It was said of them....

Act_4:13 Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and

they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.

Even the Apostle Paul ( that was schooled (educated in the Law of Moses said..

1Co_1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel:

-->not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

1Co_2:4 And -->my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom,

but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

It is the WISDOM AND THE POWER AND ANOINTING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT

THAT SETS ANY MAN APART THAT PREACHES GOD'S WORD.

NOT ALSO...

1Co 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

1Co 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

1Co 1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

1Co 1:26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

1Co 1:27 --> But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

1Co 1:28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

1Co 1:29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

1Co 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

1Co 1:31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.
Gtown71

Arlington, TX

#472788 Aug 24, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Denominational affiliations are all human endeavors to serve Christ in their own unique confession of faith.All Christian denominations have truth,and error.But because of God's unconditional love,every believer has access to HIM through His Son.
Your testimony is wonderful,because God reached out to you,you did not seek to find Him in some venue.He came to you,which is quite the truth,AS"He first sought me." When the Lord comes to us,we are challenged to be converted by Him.Therefore church orientation and denominational theology and practices do not enter into true conversion.Often people who are powerfully converted are rejected by most churches at first,because somehow they feel they should have a part in it.
Nevertheless we need the Body of Christ,we need communities,and where there are many witnesses,we can have our faith confirmed,and we learn from one another.But there is that personal revelation of Christ that is unique to us all,that which many times meets with resistance from other believers,or members of the denominational systems we find ourselves in.However I have found that ther is great fellowship in the churches,and we draw from one another,and more greatly,we like moss gather from each other,to build on that great ekklesia the church.Along with the faults,the truth strengthens and shapes us all!
May the Lord richly bless you and your loved ones,grow where you are planted,remember no man is an i s l a n d.The Lord always has people of faith for us to be blessed and encouraged by!
WOW!!!!!!! JUST BEAUTIFUL!!!! EVERY WORD!!!!
Thank you!!!
Pad

Rockford, IL

#472789 Aug 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
People that believed in evil, saw evil "demons" in others ... and tried their utmost to hope that there was only holiness in their selves.
That religious teaching that evil was lurking everywhere was a horrible image to place in the minds of susceptible humans already filled with fear concerning the suffering in life.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
100 Tyrants … History’s Most Evil Despots & Dictators by Nigel Hawthorne … first published in 2005
Hung Hsiu-ch’uan
In a prolonged delirium, Hung claimed to have met God and converted to Christianity. His mission, he claimed, was to expel the ‘demons’– that is, the Manchu rulers from China.
June you really misread Hung Hsiu-ch'uan.He spoke of the spiritual forces that were behind the Manchus,and he was not that ignorant or stupid to think that being extremely outnumbered he would be able to drive out the Manchu leaders,who by the way caused great affliction to their people.

China is one of the most severest persecutiors of Christianity,from the early Mang dynasties to the present under the Communists.In Heaven the Martyrs from China will have quite a section reserved for them,millions of them.Your cheap assessment June of one persecuted Chinese believer will not overshadow the multitudes of Christian saints(Catholic and Evangelical)martyred in China.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#472790 Aug 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW!!!!!!! JUST BEAUTIFUL!!!! EVERY WORD!!!!
Thank you!!!
Your welcome Gtown71.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Doctor Peace 49,183
looking for fun 4 min jakejonhson28 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 40 min onemale 281,277
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr lisw 182,657
The ""man" UPSTAIRS" 1 hr Doctor REALITY 2
"I SWEAR before "my" god that I didn't do it 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 1 hr USA-1 38,760
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr VIKING 971,775
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Lbj 105,643
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 3 hr WasteWater 2,094