Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703637 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#472807 Aug 24, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>You are right RoSesz,and that is scary in regards to this nation.I hope and pray God will intervene before we become decadently Socialistic and the Empire of relativism.How we deal with Israel will determine God's ultimate blessings on this nation as well!
If we could only see this is,God's purpose for us as a NAtion.

To spread HIS WORD not turn away from.Him

And to Stand By ISRAEL.

I believe GOD used the Reformers ..persecuted for their faith..And the Catholics from England

To settle this nation ..endure hardships ..Bring their faith which moved them to declare FREEDOM OF WORSHIP.

IT IS NO ACCIDENT. HE allowed us to become s great Nation. Our dealing with

Israel is,our future ...And we are on a poor course at the moment .

GOD IN HEAVRN LOOK DOWN and have mercy on this ..the Country you HSVE lived so and blessed in the past .

GIVE OUR LEADERS WISDOM as You GAVE Solomon to guide us back into love of Your Holiness

Have them kerp the Alliance we Have had with your Chosen Israel.

Grant US ALL PEACE ..in the country and here on this,forum

IN JESUS NAME

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#472808 Aug 24, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Guess StarC you do not believe in the GIFT of Eternal Life that is only given to us by who? The Lord Jesus Christ.Your last question has some merit,but you forget that Eternal Life when it is obtained through repentance and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ is irrevocable. Our salvation is never dependent on our merit or our works,but on the Sacrifice of Jesus,His gift of Eternal Life is that which gives every believer entrance into the Kingdom of the Father.
Nevertheless StarC,Purgatory being a place of purging should be the most positive alternative to HELL or Hades. If I have to spend time in Purgatory,than I would be willing ,as I know that the gift of Eternal Life long supercedes the short time I may have to be purged of the dross.Having special dispensations from worshiping Mary and wearing some thing around my neck to shorten my stay in Purgatory wreaks of human carnality,a human reasoning that possess the minds of those that scheme and plot for a shorter sentence for their crimes.
I personally do not believe a Purgatory exists,and to use Jewish philosophy about how they atone for their sins to justify a purgatory is denying the Perfect Sacrifice of Jesus Christ to Save to the uttermost.
You guessed incorrectly, we all know that Jesus died for our sins, and I do believe in eternal life..... but if one falls from grace, what happens???

LOL, no one said you have to wear something around your neck to get to heaven. Jesus does want us to honor our Blessed Mother tho.
‘Behold your Mother”

I always thought you were not OSAS, did you change your mind?

“ If a Christian refuses or neglects to obey Our Lord's commands in a grave matter (that is, if he commits a mortal sin), Our Lord will not remain dwelling in his soul; and if a Christian dies in that state, having driven his Lord from his soul by serious sin, he will
not be saved.

As St. Paul warned the Galatians with regard to certain sins: "They who

do such things shall not obtain the kingdom of God." (Gal. 5:21). It must be added that

Christ will always forgive and return to a sinner who approaches Him with sincerity in

the Sacrament of Penance.”

Pad, it makes me laugh every time you say such beautiful things and then you end it with a “dig of some kind.”
Like “wearing something around your neck.” That will not save you. lol

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#472809 Aug 24, 2013
Have a good night and a blessed Sunday.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#472810 Aug 24, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
You guessed incorrectly, we all know that Jesus died for our sins, and I do believe in eternal life..... but if one falls from grace, what happens???
LOL, no one said you have to wear something around your neck to get to heaven. Jesus does want us to honor our Blessed Mother tho.
‘Behold your Mother”
I always thought you were not OSAS, did you change your mind?
“ If a Christian refuses or neglects to obey Our Lord's commands in a grave matter (that is, if he commits a mortal sin), Our Lord will not remain dwelling in his soul; and if a Christian dies in that state, having driven his Lord from his soul by serious sin, he will
not be saved.
As St. Paul warned the Galatians with regard to certain sins: "They who
do such things shall not obtain the kingdom of God." (Gal. 5:21). It must be added that
Christ will always forgive and return to a sinner who approaches Him with sincerity in
the Sacrament of Penance.”
Pad, it makes me laugh every time you say such beautiful things and then you end it with a “dig of some kind.”
Like “wearing something around your neck.” That will not save you. lol
Do you honestly think if you commit s mortal sin..if you have accepted and believe in Christ as Your Saviour..if you are knocked unconscious and die..You are NOT SAVED???

This is,not what Jesus,said ..he told us to believe in Him ..to be BORN
AGAIN of water and the SPIRIT.

He took that SIN CUP to the CROSS ..took all Sin into Himself ..paid the FULL PRICE for each and every SIN .

ELSE why DIE,for us,..

why say IT IS,FINISHED..

He,did not need Peter to perfect SALVATION..only to spread HIS,WORD,.

The,CC does,not bring Salvation ..

The temple Veil was rent in half ..NOTHING BETWEEN US,AND OUR SAVIOR.

NO PRIESTS...NO PASTOR ..NO POPE .
truth

Willetton, Australia

#472811 Aug 24, 2013
i told you how its look
no pain that exist..complete body hand lags totally on CROSS hands lags..when come on head i resist that pain..
it is written
what church need its take from believers..faith..
who is church
alive
you who believe

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#472812 Aug 24, 2013
Oh please just post ..Stop with the Icons ..sigh
truth

Willetton, Australia

#472813 Aug 24, 2013
God can hear prayers.
CROSS
Gtown71

United States

#472814 Aug 24, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
1]Jesus used repetitive prayers at the ... Garden of Gethesemane Mt 26:36AND, Jesus used the first ritual at THE LAST SUPPER John 6.
Protestants also are repetitive every Sunday they use the same format, just b/c a week passed by doesn’t mean they do not..
2]Confession is in holy Scripture, Jesus gave the authority to his priest to forgive in His Name of course. "Who's sins you shall forgive they are forgiven who's sins you shall retain they are retained. John 20:22-23
3]We do NOT worship Mary, we honor her like we honor our earthly Mother.
Jesus said “Behold your Mother”’ when dying on the cross.
4]Prayers for the dead is in Holy Scripture, you guys dropped 7 books of the Holy Bible so your Bible in incomplete. 2 Maccabees 12:39-46
5]It saddens us Catholics that you follow a man-made church with each own man- made up rules. That's demonic to me. BTW who founded your church?
6]Satan is not a god, he is a fallen angel, pretty much like you.
FYI Jesus started ONE HOLY Church, the Catholic Apostolic Church,, not 40K...of which you are a member of one.[1.2 Billion vs. 1]
If you do not follow the Pope and, the Church Jesus left to continue on earth, you are a protestant.
Wrong.
God "Jesus" started the church,in Jesus name about 130 years before the rcc counterfeit church.

You say peter was the first pope, and back that up with a verse, yet just a few verses more Jesus tells peter to get behind me satan, so which is it?

Holy mary mother of God pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death over and over and over, that's the repeating prayers I'm speaking of.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#472815 Aug 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
God "Jesus" started the church,in Jesus name about 130 years before the rcc counterfeit church.
You say peter was the first pope, and back that up with a verse, yet just a few verses more Jesus tells peter to get behind me satan, so which is it?
Holy mary mother of God pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death over and over and over, that's the repeating prayers I'm speaking of.
I thought I was the only one still awake !!

Told you this is a lively forum

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#472816 Aug 24, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
1]Jesus used repetitive prayers at the ... Garden of Gethesemane Mt 26:36AND, Jesus used the first ritual at THE LAST SUPPER John 6.
Protestants also are repetitive every Sunday they use the same format, just b/c a week passed by doesn’t mean they do not..
2]Confession is in holy Scripture, Jesus gave the authority to his priest to forgive in His Name of course. "Who's sins you shall forgive they are forgiven who's sins you shall retain they are retained. John 20:22-23
3]We do NOT worship Mary, we honor her like we honor our earthly Mother.
Jesus said “Behold your Mother”’ when dying on the cross.
4]Prayers for the dead is in Holy Scripture, you guys dropped 7 books of the Holy Bible so your Bible in incomplete. 2 Maccabees 12:39-46
5]It saddens us Catholics that you follow a man-made church with each own man- made up rules. That's demonic to me. BTW who founded your church?
6]Satan is not a god, he is a fallen angel, pretty much like you.
FYI Jesus started ONE HOLY Church, the Catholic Apostolic Church,, not 40K...of which you are a member of one.[1.2 Billion vs. 1]
If you do not follow the Pope and, the Church Jesus left to continue on earth, you are a protestant.
It was not authority to forgive individuals, but to establish in all the churches the terms and conditions on which men might be pardoned, with a promise that God would confirm all that they taught; that all might have assurance of forgiveness who would comply with those terms; and that those who did not comply should not be forgiven, but that their sins should be retained. This commission is as far as possible from the authority which the Roman Catholic claims of remitting sin and of pronouncing pardon.

Who is forgiving sin in the following verses????

Isa 43:25 I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.

Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

I have blotted out, as a thick cloud, thy transgressions, and, as a cloud, thy sins: return unto me; for I have redeemed thee.

And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the
LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

In those days, and in that time, saith the LORD, the iniquity of Israel shall be sought for, and there shall be none; and the sins of Judah, and they shall not be found: for I will pardon them whom I reserve.

Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#472817 Aug 24, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
You guessed incorrectly, we all know that Jesus died for our sins, and I do believe in eternal life..... but if one falls from grace, what happens???
LOL, no one said you have to wear something around your neck to get to heaven. Jesus does want us to honor our Blessed Mother tho.
‘Behold your Mother”
I always thought you were not OSAS, did you change your mind?
“ If a Christian refuses or neglects to obey Our Lord's commands in a grave matter (that is, if he commits a mortal sin), Our Lord will not remain dwelling in his soul; and if a Christian dies in that state, having driven his Lord from his soul by serious sin, he will
not be saved.
As St. Paul warned the Galatians with regard to certain sins: "They who
do such things shall not obtain the kingdom of God." (Gal. 5:21). It must be added that
Christ will always forgive and return to a sinner who approaches Him with sincerity in
the Sacrament of Penance.”
Pad, it makes me laugh every time you say such beautiful things and then you end it with a “dig of some kind.”
Like “wearing something around your neck.” That will not save you. lol
If one falls from Grace they fall into Gods Mercy, do you stop loving a child because he has done something bad?? No and God doesn't stop loving us.
Jesus said He would never leave nor forsaken us, He doesn't lie.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#472818 Aug 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
God "Jesus" started the church,in Jesus name about 130 years before the rcc counterfeit church.
You say peter was the first pope, and back that up with a verse, yet just a few verses more Jesus tells peter to get behind me satan, so which is it?
Holy mary mother of God pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death over and over and over, that's the repeating prayers I'm speaking of.
Good nite G ..hope to see you tomorrow ..left a message in OLE MISS.
GOD bless

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#472819 Aug 24, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Pad, if Jesus is king, Blessed Mother IS Queen of Heaven. Rev…Crown with 7 stars.
Revelation 12 Who is the Women Clothed with the Sun?
http://jimmyakin.com/2012/09/revelation-12-wh...
Queen Mother Mary..
“Jesus Christ is the heir of King David, He is the fulfillment of the covenant promises made to David in 2 Samuel 7:16; 23:5, and repeated to Mary in Luke 1:26-36 [see the chart comparing the promises to David and Mary in the Chart section on the New Testament/ Mary]. Mary's son rules from the Kingdom of the heavenly Jerusalem. It is fitting that His mother should enjoy the same role that other Davidic Queen mothers enjoyed, that is the royal office of the heavenly Gebirah. It is in this sense that Catholics call her "the Queen of Heaven" and not in the pagan sense of that title as it is translated in English and found in Jeremiah 7:18; 44:17, 18, 19, & 25; which is a designation for an Egyptian goddess. Since Jeremiah uses both terms, the Hebrew title Gebirah for the Queen mother of a Judahite king of the House of David, and the Hebrew word "queen" = meleketh for the Egyptian goddess, it is obvious there one does NOT equate to the other.”
It was a word from Jesus’ Mother that Jesus performed His first miracle.
We ask her to pray for us.[Rv 8:3-4] Our Blessed Mother has more power over prayer then any of your friends.
Don’t you dare ask your friends to pray for you again, they CANNOT do anything for you.(being facetious here)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =_jNEuQ9rSUIXX&feature=rel mfu
Why is it so hard to believe that Mary was without sin, when God created Adam and Eve without sin?
<quoted text>
The Holy Spirit DID descend upon Blessed Mother, and it is NOT ‘most recent.’ Its in Holy Scripture since day one, always there!
Catholics have statues in our churches [and so do other churches, protestant church], b/c they are used as visual tools, nothing more. We do NOT worship statues b/c a statues DID NOT DIE FOR OUR SINS!
Rock Hudson was a queen....Mary was not.She was, by her own words, the handmaiden of the Lord...

BTW...When pray to God, is that not an act of worship????? When you attend church on Sundays...who do you worship????

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#472820 Aug 24, 2013
Jesus Christ Himself Declares,'I Am Not God.'
The Words of Jesus Christ Quoted from the Holy Bible
Vincent Summers
Vincent Summers, Yahoo! Contributor Network
Apr 25, 2009 "Share your voice on Yahoo! websites.
Oxbow

Westlake, LA

#472821 Aug 25, 2013
this program is going flippity flip!!!!

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#472822 Aug 25, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Nome of the original apostles were educated...as far as the world's standards is today.
Evidently....they did not meet the standards of the (so called educational standard of the day that they lived in...either
It was said of them....
Act_4:13 Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and
they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.
.....
Exactly.

Mostly from an old Chess Jurist post:

Acts 4:13 -- Now when they ... perceived that [Peter and John] were uneducated and untrained men, they marveled.

Common laborers, such as fishers, normally would not have learned to read or write in 1st century Palestine, let alone read or write a foreign language. If Peter was a fisher, as claimed, and from the laboring class, he would have received no formal education, and the description of him being uneducated in Acts would have been accurate. He would not have been able to read or write in Aramaic and certainly not Greek, the original language of the letter. Thus he likely would not have been able to plagiarize heavily from the pseudograph of Jude to construct 2 Peter, even with the help of a scribe.

Critical scholars almost universally reject 2 Peter as authentic, and even apologists have a tough time arguing for it with a straight face:

"2 Peter claims to have been written by Peter. This attribution is almost universally rejected by commentators."

-- 2 Peter and Jude, Jonathan Knight, p. 22.

"Scarly anyone nowadays doubts that 2 Peter is pseudonymous."

-- A Commentary on the Epistles of Peter and Jude, J. N. D. Kelly, p. 235.

"The final book of the New Testament to be written was probably 2 Peter, a book almost universally recognized by critical scholars to be pseudonymous, not actually written by Simon Peter but one of many Petrine forgeries from the second century."

-- Lost Christianities, Bart D. Ehrman, p. 234.

"....the majority of commentators argue that the book is written by someone who is using Peter's name, rather than Peter himself."

-- James, 1-2 Peter, 1-3 John, Jude, Gerald Bray, Thomas C. Oden, p.xx.

"It is generally admitted that the literary dependence of 2 Peter on Jude rules out apostolic authorship."

-- Encyclopedia of Religion and Ethics, Part 7, p. 323.

"Second Peter is widely considered a clear example of pseudepigraphy."

-- The Westminster Dictionary of New Testament & Early Christian Literature & Rhetoric, David Edward Aune, p. 354.

"The Petrine authorship of II Peter has been widely denied...."

-- John: Gospel of Belief, Merrill Chapin Tenney, p. 303.

"It is generally held that the document is pseudonymous...."

-- Eerdmans Dictionary of the Bible, D. N. Freedman, ed., p. 1040.

"The Petrine authorship of 2 Peter has long been disputed, but only since the beginning of this century has the pseudepigraphal character of the work become almost universally recognized."

-- Peter 2: An Account of Research, Richard J. Bauckham, in Aufstieg und Niedergang der Römischen Welt, v 2.25.5, p. 3719.

When many apologists run from the letter's authenticity right along with virtually all serious scholars, there's a problem.
truth

Success, Australia

#472823 Aug 25, 2013
oh
Heaven swear to earth not will be secret between each others..

who told you from n.Neolithic time symbols not exist..
lithic..litice latice letice lotice lutice tice ptice-bird funny..very well..what a about bird which fly over what lithium=chips..elements chemical..

now
How many pronaucment on deference language?

you are profess of what..crafno strafno strashno..uh

about what

neurons=planet uron uranus
in mind tiny where

is about what

beautiful white fingers..no no no..its not one no

its two deference fingers from two person but very close loving..must be mother or father love son or daughter very much..who how where when why..

now

shut up
where you going put that..you did not..
now you are liar

did you

why you need atom
electron proton neutron=atom

now
ion
io n=you don't liked me don't you holy urane e u rane svoje sakrij me
da ljutnja prodje tvoja protiv mene

you don't liked stupid donkry do n key
did you..and still you liked be smart..what a shame?

Did I need wrote proply?
no

Did someone care for citizen of this planet?

no

media are just corupt with nice lips..
o did i care no

is that nice
no
but they deserve

99 % citizen not exist from evil corupt develish and satanic organization..

not jet jurach purach

i am not care why you very angry

any body have rights in this country

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooo

here nothing exist
darkness on street is dead body but from nice lips and nice diploma..

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
truth

Success, Australia

#472824 Aug 25, 2013
smart but evil people
did they deserve better describe
nooooo..not from me

n
truth

Success, Australia

#472825 Aug 25, 2013
pride rich evil mind

evil is evil
they liked be precious
they are in within

they think they are alright

no they are not
evil is evil

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#472826 Aug 25, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
IT CAN BE SAID OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH...
Rom 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
THOSE THAT HAVE ATTEMPTED TO CONSTRUCT/INVENT ...THEIR OWN REPORT
AND REPLACE THE WORD OF GOD...WITH THEIR OWN REPORT...(CONJECTURE.)
CAN PROMISE NOTHING BUT UNCERTAINTY....NOTHING SECURE CONCERNING THEIR ETERNAL FATE
THEIR END IS AS UNCERTAIN ....AS THEIR MEANS...
ALL IT PROVIDES IS CONTINGENCY...
CONFUSION ASSUMPTIONS AND EMPTINESS.
~~~

The gospel report
I. The gospel is a report.

1. It is not a new report. It is that which was first heard by our first parents,

“Thou shalt bruise his head.”

It is the same which was received by the patriarchs and prophets, of whom it is said,

“These all died in faith.”

It is the same which began to be made by Christ, when in the fulness of time He brought life and immortality to light by the gospel.

Novelty is sometimes pleaded against the preachers of the gospel. There is, indeed, a sense in which it is new; its excellence can be known only by experience.

2. But, if it be not new, it is full of truth. Your attention might perhaps be excited by a report that is not true, as some of you may have been excited by the mimicry of the stage, or as others may have poured tears of sensibility over a romance. But all is truth, all is reality here.

3. But supposing it to be true, is it interesting?

Is this report an important one?

Yes,

it is as good as it is true, as true as it is good. There is something striking in the scheme of the gospel.

Infinite wisdom is displayed in it,

infinite grace is manifested in it;

it is infinitely glorious in its effects.

Drop it in a town, in a village, in a family, its influence will be soon felt.

It does more than all the wisdom of the senate—than all the maxims of philosophers—than all the power of armies.

II. This report is connected with faith. Else it is made in vain.

The complaint is,

“Who hath believed our report?”

I do not mean a family faith, for the exercise of which a man can assign no other reason than that his father believed so before him.

Nor do I mean a geographical faith, by which a man makes a profession of Christianity merely because he lives in a Christian country.

I speak of genuine faith. This is a Divine principle, and

it produces Divine effects.

It is of the operation of the Spirit, and

it is always accompanied by proper fruits.

Wherever the gospel report is carried,

it carries the obligation to believe it, for there is—

1. Sufficiency of object.

Christ,

who was “made sin for us, though He knew no sin,” and who is as willing as He is able, and as able as He is willing,“to save to the uttermost.”

2. A sufficiency of authority to warrant all that the sinner expects.

The Saviour came to seek and to save sinners.

And is not this your character?

3. A sufficiency of invitation.

The language of this report is,“Come.”

The Old Testament says “Come”—“Come, and

let us reason together,” etc.“

Ho, every one that thirsteth,” etc.

The Lord Jesus Christ says,

“Come”—“

If any man thirst, let him come to Me and drink”—

“Come unto Me, all that labour,” etc.

“And the Spirit and the Bride say, Come,” etc.(W. Mann, A.M.)

~~~~

Man’s treatment of the gospel

I. This quotation is regarded by Dean Vaughan as the citing of a parallel case.“The gospel is sent to all; but”(it may be objected

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min RIP 87,866
Making DEVILS Rich 1 hr Redeemed Jersey P... 4
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Gabriel 996,458
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 5 hr Tony 6,917
If the Cavaliers keep Kevin Love............ 5 hr Doctor REALITY 2
How many MILLIONS of MEXICAN MEN R N in U.S. IL... 7 hr Shun Bang Pau Tee 31
Are millennials more open-minded to LGBTQ dating? 10 hr curiosity22 1