Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,286
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#472353 Aug 21, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
This is just more of your "same old" distortions, lies and deceit that you OX "in your own deperation" will say or do ANYTHING in order to spread your anti-catholic heretical "trash opinions" by twisting and manipulating the TRUTH of the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible and the TRUTH of TRUE Sacred Church History that has not changed for over 2000 years. The TRUTH of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, has, is and will ALWAYS be manifested in Jesus Christ HIMSELF and in HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church------and NOT in your own "disjointed personal opinion" which is just another one of the 42,000 contradicting and inconsistent "hodge-podge" of "what each person thinks" religious denominations of conflicting interpretations. You have become an "expert" at manipulating the TRUTH of the Bible and Church History, Ox!!!
Show me my lies, distortions, and deceit in:

Step 1.
denomnation: A large group of religious congregations united under a common faith and name and organized under a single administrative and legal hierarchy.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#472355 Aug 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I have NO need to feel that I am loved by a god that allows a hell to exist for those he does NOT love.
Such idiocy is based on illusion of the most severe human depraved dis-ease.
God loves all, even those who are in hell. However, not all people love God, and that's why those people are in hell, whether hell here on earth in this life or hell for all eternity after death.
The difference is that in this life a person can change their mind about God and enjoy eternal happiness with Him. But if no change of heart, after death, there is no hope. None. For all eternity. Forever writhing and seathing with unspeakable rage against God, hatred of self, loathing of all others, and sadly, horrible regret for your choices which led you there. And it never stops.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#472356 Aug 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Not arguing...stating facts: The Holy Trinity is three....not one...!!!!
As pointed out...you are in a heavy fog....I can be equal to Mike Tyson....but that does not mean I am Mike....it does mean whatever Mike can do...so can I...
Am still waiting to see you express the Holy Trinity with Christ being God and God being Christ...Is there a problem????
BTW: Do not you believe this teaching: Christ is the eternal Son of God. In His incarnation as Jesus Christ He was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. Jesus perfectly revealed and did the will of God, taking upon Himself human nature with its demands and necessities and identifying Himself completely with mankind yet without sin.
where you misstate your opin is this. Tyson is Natural, Christ is Supernatural so of course they would not compute.. like I have said in the Past.

ALL THAT YOU R DOING IS SHUTTING YOURSELF OFF FROM ALL CHRISTIANS ON HERE.

Location hidden

#472357 Aug 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>where you misstate your opin is this. Tyson is Natural, Christ is Supernatural so of course they would not compute.. like I have said in the Past.
ALL THAT YOU R DOING IS SHUTTING YOURSELF OFF FROM ALL CHRISTIANS ON HERE.
For a man "called of God" you don't impress me...one bit.

Christ was fully man and fully God in that He and God shared the same Divinity...

Glad to help

Do you deny this teaching? "Christ is the eternal Son of God. In His incarnation as Jesus Christ He was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. Jesus perfectly revealed and did the will of God, taking upon Himself human nature with its demands and necessities and identifying Himself completely with mankind yet without sin.

Location hidden

#472358 Aug 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
For a man "called of God" you don't impress me...one bit.
Christ was fully man and fully God in that He and God shared the same Divinity...
Oxbore, I learned a LONG TIME AGO, that I don't have to impress one person, all that I have to do is state the truth.
and as far as you are concerned, not ONE person on here is IMPRESSED WITH YOU,
and if I were YOU(thanks be unto God that I am),
I WOULD BE MORE WORRIED ABOUT MY SOUL THAN YOU ARE NOW

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#472359 Aug 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So what is keeping you from pretending you are on earth to serve other people?
After all, if the pope can wash the feet of a Muslim woman, you should be more willing to follow his "holy" example.
:)
I am not catholic and I have no need for a pope or to follow one.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#472360 Aug 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I draw out any evil from you?
:)
Keep in mind ... you are on a forum. I'm not in your church ... so you still have the option of running off to church where people tell you that you are saved and that god only loves those in your group of believers.
Isn't it nice that forums exist, so that we "ALL" have freedom to express our beliefs?
Back in the day, when Christianity ruled supreme ... opinions were not allowed unless the opinions aligned to the Christians in power.
wrong wrong wrong and again wrong.Your a waste of time for me to explain.You are full of hate and attack anyones faith.This forum is about the catholic church claiming to be the TRUE CHURCH not ATHEIST VERSES CHRISTIAINTY....you kill this forum with your 24 hour hate for ANY CHURCH.You belong on a different forum

Location hidden

#472361 Aug 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Oxbore, I learned a LONG TIME AGO, that I don't have to impress one person, all that I have to do is state the truth.
and as far as you are concerned, not ONE person on here is IMPRESSED WITH YOU,
and if I were YOU(thanks be unto God that I am),
I WOULD BE MORE WORRIED ABOUT MY SOUL THAN YOU ARE NOW
Then why don't you do what you say you do...state the truth..

Ah am waiting...Do you deny this teaching? "Christ is the eternal Son of God. In His incarnation as Jesus Christ He was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. Jesus perfectly revealed and did the will of God, taking upon Himself human nature with its demands and necessities and identifying Himself completely with mankind yet without sin.

A clue....its a "yes" or "no" answer...nothing technical...complicated...take s not spirituality even...

Surely, as a man called of God, this is not a big hill to climb...is it????
finalprophecies

AOL

#472362 Aug 21, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST______

Location hidden

#472363 Aug 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why don't you do what you say you do...state the truth..
Ah am waiting...
I already have, you are a senile bore.

NUFF SAID!!!!!

and every person on here(including catholics) have shown their displeasure at your feeble attempts to act like a human being.

Location hidden

#472364 Aug 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I already have, you are a senile bore.
NUFF SAID!!!!!
and every person on here(including catholics) have shown their displeasure at your feeble attempts to act like a human being.
You are a liar....you cannot face the truth....so you insult me instead...and in doing so insult all members of the SBC because that is their teaching and absolute belief..

Go after the Catholics. Do you deny that: Christ is the Son of God the redeemer of the world..

Location hidden

#472365 Aug 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a liar....you cannot face the truth....so you insult me instead...and in doing so insult all members of the SBC because that is their teaching and absolute belief..
Go after the Catholics. Do you deny that: Christ is the Son of God the redeemer of the world..
you yourself have went after some Baptists on this forum, so what I said, I stand by it.

as far as the SBC, I am not a member of that group, and if members of that group ever came on this forum, you would be kicked out of it very quickly. you use words to some people on here that have a filthy overtone to them, yet NOW you wish to burden me with what the SBC claims.

I stand against ANY person, not just catholics, who bring FOOLISHNESS on this forum, and YOU fall in that category.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#472366 Aug 21, 2013
What The Bible Says About the Church

In Matthew 16:18 Jesus promised, "I will build My church." What was Jesus promising to build in this verse? Did He have reference to a building? A denomination? An institution? While these concepts are often designated as the "church" in common parlance, the fact is that none of these definitions accurately picture what Christ meant.

The Church Is People

The Greek word that is usually translated "church" in our English Bibles comes from a Greek word that originally had no inherent religious meaning. Instead, the Greek term EKKLESIA originally referred to a group of people. A good illustration of this meaning is found in Acts 19. While Paul was preaching in Ephesus, a mob formed in opposition to his message. In Acts 19:32 Luke says that the "assembly was in confusion." "Assembly" here is EKKLESIA. Later, in verse 39, the town leader insists that proper charges be brought before the "lawful assembly." Again, "assembly" is EKKLESIA. So the root meaning of the word "church" has to do with a group of people.

Consequently, when Christ promised to "build [His] church," He was pledging to bring together a group of people. Christ loved the church and gave Himself for it (Ephesians 5:25). He did not die for bricks and two-by-fours, or for a cluster of congregations, or for an ecclesiastical machine. He died for people, and those who submit to Him in obedience are brought together into His group of people, the church.

The One Body

Another metaphor that is often used to describe Christ's people is "the body." This term is synonymous with the term "church," as is evident from comparing Ephesians 4:4 and 1:22-23. In 4:4 Paul states, "there is one body." In 1:22-23 he refers to "the church, which is His body." Putting these concepts together, we can conclude that there is one church.

The emphasis of NT teaching on the "one body" is that there is no distinction among Christ's group of people regarding race, gender, nationality, or social standing. Even the centuries old distinction between Jew and Gentile is removed in the one body. "For He Himself is our peace, who made both groups [Jew and Gentile] into one...and might reconcile them both in one body to God through the cross" (Ephesians 2:14, 16).

In this sense, the one body is equivalent to all those who have trusted in Christ, unlimited by time or geography. We are saved, added to this body, when our faith culminates in baptism. "For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and we were all made to drink of one Spirit" (1 Corinthians 12:13).

The one body, then, refers to all those who have truly been born again (John 3:3-5). It describes Christ's people from a universal perspective, all the saved of all time. One more point should be stressed. As portrayed in the Bible, the "one church" is never seen as a collection of churches. It is neither a collection of local churches nor a collection of denominations. It is simply the collection of all individual Christians. "Now you are Christ's body, and individually members of it" (1 Corinthians 12:27). When we think of the "one church," we must make sure our concept is the biblical one. Are you a part of the one body Jesus promised to build?

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#472367 Aug 21, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>But be rest assured that you can easily condemn yourself!
"rest assured" ??

Pad, we all can condemn ourselves in many ways.

We make a mistake at work, and the project gets sidetracked. To some that could be "condemned".

You are sounding so drastic. Why? Why the "or else" sound that comes from the "rest assured" portion?

What you are starting to sound like, has characteristics of being arrogant and very judgmental.

*sighs*
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#472368 Aug 21, 2013
Living Beyond The Odds

August 21, 2013 — by David C. McCasland

Our Daily Bread Radio is hosted by Les Lamborn

Read: Acts 12:1-11

Constant prayer was offered to God for [Peter] by the church.—Acts 12:5

Bible in a Year:
Psalms 107-109; 1 Corinthians 4

Many of us make daily decisions based on the odds. If there’s a 20 percent chance of rain, we may ignore it. If there’s a 90 percent chance, we’ll take an umbrella. The greater the odds, the more our behavior is affected because we want to choose wisely and be successful.

Acts 12:1-6 describes a situation in which Peter’s odds of survival were very low. He was in prison,“bound with two chains between two soldiers” while others guarded the door (v.6). Herod had already executed James, one of Jesus’ closest followers, and he had the same fate in mind for Peter (vv.1-3). A gambler would not have put any money on Peter getting out of this alive.

Yet God’s plan for Peter included a miraculous deliverance that even those who were interceding for him found hard to believe (vv.13-16). They were astonished when he showed up at their prayer meeting.

God can operate outside the odds because He is all-powerful. Nothing is too hard for Him. The One who loves us and gave Himself for us is in charge of our lives. In ordinary circumstances and impossible situations, God can reveal His power. Whether we are showered with success or sustained in sorrow, He is with us.
Dear God, we’re so thankful that nothing is too
difficult for You. You can do amazing things!
Help us to trust that You are always with us
and always in control. We love You, Lord.

God is always in control behind the scenes.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#472369 Aug 21, 2013
What is baptism in the Holy Spirit?
Baptism of the Holy Spirit1 is a term used to describe a movement of the Spirit upon and/or within a believer usually sometime after the person is saved. There is controversy surrounding this phenomenon as to whether it is legitimate or not. Some people believe that once a person is saved the Holy Spirit is in the person and there is no subsequent "baptism in the Holy Spirit." In other words, they maintain that this Baptism of the Spirit occurs at salvation. Others believe that it is possible for the Christian to experience an additional movement of the Holy Spirit sometime after salvation. Generally speaking, it is the charismatic movement that supports the Baptism of the Holy Spirit.
We need to know first that all Christians receive the Spirit upon their conversion and in this sense all Christians have been baptized in the Holy Spirit. This means that they are saved and that they have all they need at that time to be able to live godly and holy lives. 1 Cor. 12:13 says, "For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and we were all made to drink of one Spirit."
However, there are many Christians who claim to have had this "secondary" experience of the Spirit.2 They say that it has brought great blessing and comfort to them. Furthermore, they say that the results of the experience is a renewed dedication and appreciation for God, a stronger desire to read the Bible, a stronger desire to fellowship with Christians, and a deeper sense of worship of God. Millions of Christians who claim to have had this experience forces us to deal with the issue. Is it real or not? Let's look at the Scripture to find out.
The term "baptize with the Holy Spirit" occurs several times in scripture:
•Matt. 3:11, "As for me, I baptize you with water for repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, and I am not fit to remove His sandals; He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire."
•Mark 1:8, "I baptized you with water; but He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit."¯
•Luke 3:16, "John answered and said to them all,'As for me, I baptize you with water; but One is coming who is mightier than I, and I am not fit to untie the thong of His sandals; He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire."
•John 1:33, "And I did not recognize Him, but He who sent me to baptize in water said to me, "He upon whom you see the Spirit descending and remaining upon Him, this is the one who baptizes in the Holy Spirit."
•Acts 1:5, "for John baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now."
•Acts 11:16, "And I remembered the word of the Lord, how He used to say,'John baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit."
We can clearly see that the phrase is used in the Bible. But, we do not find a clear teaching in the Bible of what the phrase means. Nevertheless, we can conclude that when a person is baptized in the Holy Spirit he has power bestowed upon him. This power is for the purpose of the preaching of the gospel (Acts 4:31), living a purer life, and having a deeper devotion to God. Also, it is frequently accompanied by speaking in tongues. Acts 2:4, "And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit was giving them utterance." At this point, I would recommend the reader to examine Acts 1-2 to see the movement of the Holy Spirit upon the early church at Pentecost.
cont
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#472370 Aug 21, 2013
nt

The issue now seems to be whether or not Baptism of/in/with the Holy Spirit is a subsequent event occurring after salvation. It would seem that this is the case. In John 20:22, Jesus commanded that the disciples receive the Holy Spirit, "And when He had said this, He breathed on them, and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit." This means that they were saved since the Holy Spirit is not received by the unregenerate. Then, later in Acts 1:4-5 we read, "And gathering them together, He commanded them not to leave Jerusalem, but to wait for what the Father had promised, "Which,"¯ He said, "you heard of from Me; 5 for John baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now."¯

Conclusion

The danger of this phenomena is the potential division of the body of Christ into two categories: those who are "regular" Christians and those who have been baptized in the Holy Spirit. This, of course, would be an incorrect way of looking at Christians, and this is why. If you were to step outside into a soft mist, it would take a long time to get completely wet. On the other hand, if you were to step into a torrential rain, you'd be drenched quickly.

Those who have not experienced the Baptism of the Holy Spirit (meaning a sudden and powerful experience) are not second-class citizens by any means. They are the ones in the gentle mist who experience the Lord over a long period of time and get just as blessed as those who suddenly step into the torrent of the Spirit's presence. In fact, the Baptism of the Spirit can be a pitfall since so many people who have experienced it long for it again, almost to the point of putting the validity of their faith in the experience instead of the clear teaching of the word of God.

We must all be careful not to fall in our strengths as well as our weaknesses.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#472371 Aug 21, 2013
If you are a real Christian You will believe God's word.

Which is the chronicle of the life death and resurrection of Jesus Christ ..THE SON OF GOD...

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Heb_11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him:

for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and

that he is a rewarder of them

that diligently seek him.

Rom_14:23 ,,,, for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Gal_3:12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

Location hidden

#472372 Aug 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you yourself have went after some Baptists on this forum, so what I said, I stand by it.
as far as the SBC, I am not a member of that group, and if members of that group ever came on this forum, you would be kicked out of it very quickly. you use words to some people on here that have a filthy overtone to them, yet NOW you wish to burden me with what the SBC claims.
I stand against ANY person, not just catholics, who bring FOOLISHNESS on this forum, and YOU fall in that category.
You are a fraud....you claim to be a "man called of God"...yet when faced with defending His Word you run behind the barn and hide....

Last time.....do you deny the teaching of Catholics, as well as the SBC: Jesus Christ the Son of God redeemer of the human race???

Location hidden

#472373 Aug 21, 2013
LTM wrote:
What The Bible Says About the Church
In Matthew 16:18 Jesus promised, "I will build My church." What was Jesus promising to build in this verse? Did He have reference to a building? A denomination? An institution? While these concepts are often designated as the "church" in common parlance, the fact is that none of these definitions accurately picture what Christ meant.
The Church Is People
The Greek word that is usually translated "church" in our English Bibles comes from a Greek word that originally had no inherent religious meaning. Instead, the Greek term EKKLESIA originally referred to a group of people. A good illustration of this meaning is found in Acts 19. While Paul was preaching in Ephesus, a mob formed in opposition to his message. In Acts 19:32 Luke says that the "assembly was in confusion." "Assembly" here is EKKLESIA. Later, in verse 39, the town leader insists that proper charges be brought before the "lawful assembly." Again, "assembly" is EKKLESIA. So the root meaning of the word "church" has to do with a group of people.
Consequently, when Christ promised to "build [His] church," He was pledging to bring together a group of people. Christ loved the church and gave Himself for it (Ephesians 5:25). He did not die for bricks and two-by-fours, or for a cluster of congregations, or for an ecclesiastical machine. He died for people, and those who submit to Him in obedience are brought together into His group of people, the church.
The One Body
Another metaphor that is often used to describe Christ's people is "the body." This term is synonymous with the term "church," as is evident from comparing Ephesians 4:4 and 1:22-23. In 4:4 Paul states, "there is one body." In 1:22-23 he refers to "the church, which is His body." Putting these concepts together, we can conclude that there is one church.
The emphasis of NT teaching on the "one body" is that there is no distinction among Christ's group of people regarding race, gender, nationality, or social standing. Even the centuries old distinction between Jew and Gentile is removed in the one body. "For He Himself is our peace, who made both groups [Jew and Gentile] into one...and might reconcile them both in one body to God through the cross" (Ephesians 2:14, 16).
In this sense, the one body is equivalent to all those who have trusted in Christ, unlimited by time or geography. We are saved, added to this body, when our faith culminates in baptism. "For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and we were all made to drink of one Spirit" (1 Corinthians 12:13).
The one body, then, refers to all those who have truly been born again (John 3:3-5). It describes Christ's people from a universal perspective, all the saved of all time. One more point should be stressed. As portrayed in the Bible, the "one church" is never seen as a collection of churches. It is neither a collection of local churches nor a collection of denominations. It is simply the collection of all individual Christians. "Now you are Christ's body, and individually members of it" (1 Corinthians 12:27). When we think of the "one church," we must make sure our concept is the biblical one. Are you a part of the one body Jesus promised to build?
The word Church is not in the KJV....Christ built His church..

Defined as: a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly, church.

Therefore...any....bar none...Christian congregation or an assembly of, is the church Christ built.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 min truth 604,917
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min Rick in Kansas 265,072
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min Hukt on Fonix 774,792
2nd TRIAL OVER a Chicken? (Mar '13) 26 min EQUAL RIGHTS 24
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 37 min bad bob 175,593
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 38 min Haji Muhammad Abd... 441,762
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 43 min Trunketeer 5,097
More from around the web