Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665307 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#472572 Aug 23, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Like your twin dodge brother Clay please help me understand what the what KNEW means in these verses...thanks
Gen 4:4 Now Adam KNEW Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain
1 Samuel 1:19
They rose early in the morning and worshiped before the Lord; then they went back to their house at Ramah. And Elkanah KNEW Hannah his wife, and the Lord remembered her.
1 Kings 1:4
The young woman was very beautiful, and she was of service to the king and attended to him, but the king KNEW her not.
I know what "knew" means, and the verse says "he knew her not". Thanks.

Since: Sep 09

Vancouver, Canada

#472573 Aug 23, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a clown.
A theological clown, as are you?

:)
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#472574 Aug 23, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
Chuck, this is what Clay took offense to and So do I.
[Mary parted her legs like any other married woman.]
the filthy words of Oxbore NEED to STOP.
Chuck's not offended by it, he fully endorses it.

Vancouver, Canada

#472575 Aug 23, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you look at why we believe what we believe about the Blessed Virgin.
I suggest you do the same, and pay special to that word "blessed."

Men blessed their own dogmas, and Mary the Jew was only blessed by Catholics because they morphed her into a Catholic saint. Had she (within the theology) stayed faithful to Judaism ... you know and I know, she would not have been revered or blessed by the Catholic hierarchy. She would have been a heretic as were/are all other Jews.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#472576 Aug 23, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
agreed.
What church does Ox attend?
He says that he belongs to an SBC church and I have Never heard any of them talk like he does.

Vancouver, Canada

#472577 Aug 23, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again--June--but then, you NEVER seem to "get it right"!
There is "no assurance of ANYONES" SALVATION,
You just made the promise of salvation by a belief in Jesus out to be a lie.

You might believe your double-talking impresses ... but I suggest that you lie to your self at every turn ... and that you then try to lie to others and hope they will also swallow the lies.

As are all theologians ... amateur and supposed professional ... with your lies you are up to NO GOOD!!!
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#472578 Aug 23, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what "knew" means, and the verse says "he knew her not". Thanks.
24 When Joseph woke from sleep, he did as the angel of the Lord commanded him: he took his wife, 25 but knew her not until she had given birth to a son. And he called his name Jesus.

I did not pay the bill until I received the invoice...but the invoice was paid

I did not leave until my friend arrived....but I did leave

Joseph did not have sex with Mary until Jesus was born...but they did have sex.

**see the pattern here Tony...hope that helps.

Vancouver, Canada

#472579 Aug 23, 2013
Theology is philosophy and nothing more.

There is not a shred of proof in the teachings of any religions that gods or goddesses exist. They supposedly all came and went and many are expected again ... and that is the basis of all theology.

If you don't wake out of your slumbers, no one can do it for you.

If you don't believe that a creator gave words of wisdom to other theologians in other religions ... why on earth would you trust that YOUR theologians were so special as to be chosen as the ONLY tellers of truth on planet earth???

WHY???

Wake up ... or not ... the onus is on you.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#472580 Aug 23, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
again here is my question and you didn't answer..
Gen 4:4 Now Adam KNEW Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain.
#1 - what does the word KNEW mean in this verse?
**I'm asking what you think the word KNEW means in the text.
I disagree that KNEW means a sexual act.
Now what do of do? Should we go to tent revival and have your pastor beat me over the head with a Bible til I submit to his non-authoritative opinion on sacred scripture? Lol

Vancouver, Canada

#472581 Aug 23, 2013
"What's so special about your religion?"

"We teach the only truth."

"But all people in all religions have faith that their theologians teach the one and only truth."

"But OURS DOES teach the ONLY truth."

"Do you believe that way just because your theologians taught you that what they stated was truth?"

"NO ... I believe it because it IS true."

"UH HUH!!!"
Clay

Garden City, MI

#472582 Aug 23, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
again here is my question and you didn't answer..
#1 - what does the word KNEW mean in this verse?
**I'm asking what you think the word KNEW means in the text.
Jesus said to Peter, "I will give YOU the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven, whatever YOU bind on Earth shall be bound in Heaven; whatever YOU loose on Earth shall be loosed in Heaven".
How come you think the word 'YOU' didn't really mean Peter or 'YOU' really meant all you born agains that get to bind and loose things that Heaven will recognize as valid?

Vancouver, Canada

#472583 Aug 23, 2013
Did you ever hear a famous preacher claim to teach lies?

My guess is you haven't noticed as have I.

Charles Templeton was such a men. He was every bit as popular as was Billy Graham when Charles realized that the bible was based on lies and he quit preaching the lies as he paid heed to his own conscience. But Billy Graham LOVED the spotlight and keep on preaching lies.

Following is their discussion taken from Charles Templeton's diary.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Our backgrounds were radically different. Billy was a country boy, raised on a farm in the American South in a deeply religious household. He had been converted and called to the ministry in his teens and had studied in fundamentalist schools; at Bob Jones College and at Wheaton, where he had earned a B. A. in anthropology. All our differences came to a head in a discussion which, better than anything I know, "explains" Billy Graham.

I had said. "But Billy, it's not possible any longer to believe the biblical account of creation. The world wasn't created; it has evolved over millions of years. It's not a matter of speculation, it's demonstrable fact."

"I don't accept that," he said, "And there are reputable scholars who don't."

"Who are they?" I said. "Men in conservative Christian colleges?"

"Most of them, yes. But that's not the point. I believe in the Genesis account of creation simply because it's in the Bible. I've discovered something in my ministry: when I take the Bible literally, when I proclaim it as God's Word, I have power. When I stand before the people and say,'God says,' or 'The Bible says,'the Holy Spirit uses me. There are results. People respond. Wiser men than you or I have been arguing questions like this for centuries. I don't have the time or the intellect to examine all sides of each theological dispute, so I've decided, once and for all, to stop questioning and to accept the Bible as God's Word."

"But Billy," I protested, "you can't do that. You don't dare stop thinking. Do it and you begin to die. It's intellectual suicide."

"I don't know about anybody else, "he said, "but I've decided that that's the path for me."

Vancouver, Canada

#472584 Aug 23, 2013
On Evangelists

"It used to be you couldn't go downtown in the evening without running into a half a dozen evangelists ranting and raving and carrying on: some of them put on their shows in tents or at camp meetings, and some of them just stood around on street corners and worked up a crowd. They'd stir the people up for a while, but they always got over it.

"But now we've just got this one evangelist, this Billy Graham, and he's gone off the beam. He's ... well, I hadn't ought to say this, but he's one of those counterfeits I was telling you about. He claims he's a friend of all the Presidents, but he was never a friend of mine when I was President. I just don't go for people like that. All he's interested in is getting his name in the paper."

Harry Truman ... from the book "Plain Speaking ... an oral biography of Harry S. Truman by Merle Miller." (page 31)
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#472585 Aug 23, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said to Peter, "I will give YOU the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven, whatever YOU bind on Earth shall be bound in Heaven; whatever YOU loose on Earth shall be loosed in Heaven".
How come you think the word 'YOU' didn't really mean Peter or 'YOU' really meant all you born agains that get to bind and loose things that Heaven will recognize as valid?
"you" does mean Peter but "you" also means every other born again Christian.

now what ?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#472586 Aug 23, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What's going on here is you're getting a cheap thrill by attempting to get under our skin. Sorry man, its not going to happen with me. I truly look with pity on you. You can call Jesus' Mother whatever you want. It doesn't directly affect me. It makes me sad, but not for me, for you!
Maybe you and Chuck could go play with the Mormons Bible. You two born agains couldn't be further apart in Christian theology. Obviously our Bible is not helping yous understand what Our Lord willed.
Tell me what this means: Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#472587 Aug 23, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree that KNEW means a sexual act.
Now what do of do? Should we go to tent revival and have your pastor beat me over the head with a Bible til I submit to his non-authoritative opinion on sacred scripture? Lol
Are you capable of answering a question.

*what does the word KNEW mean.

you said it doesn't mean a sexual act, so what does it mean?

Vancouver, Canada

#472588 Aug 23, 2013
When you believe that lies are true statements from a god, there "seems" to be legitimate power in those words.

That's WHY there are so many theologians. They all LUST after the power they are certain stems from divine sources.

Within and without ... it's a struggle for who owns the true source of "divine" power.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.

Odium theologicum (o di um the o loj ikim)(Lat.). The bitter hatred of rival theologians. No wars so sanguinary as holy wars; no persecutions so relentless as religious persecutions; no hatred so bitter as theological hatred.

Chuck

Dublin, OH

#472589 Aug 23, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuck's not offended by it, he fully endorses it.
Months ago I said something to Ox about the way he spoke to women on this forum...where were you?

And I agreed it was offensive to say that.

Buddies again????
Clay

Garden City, MI

#472590 Aug 23, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you capable of answering a question.
*what does the word KNEW mean.
you said it doesn't mean a sexual act, so what does it mean?
It means he knew Eve, his wife, then she bore a Son.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#472591 Aug 23, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
Chuck, this is what Clay took offense to and So do I.
[Mary parted her legs like any other married woman.]
the filthy words of Oxbore NEED to STOP.
A husband and wife having intercourse is blessed by God.....that is why He created a man and a woman!!!! There is nothing filthy about it...which includes her parting her legs...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Aura Mytha 88,110
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 7 min USAUSAUSA 124
News Medicare looms over Trump-Ryan alliance 11 min Taco-smacko 2
The Future of Politics in America 14 min Buck Crick 222
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min New Age Spiritual... 977,292
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 18 min LAWEST100 184,720
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 30 min Buck Crick 551
More from around the web