Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
455,801 - 455,820 of 539,169 Comments Last updated 6 min ago

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#472267 Aug 20, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't a Heretic, June. You are a pure evil atheist.
Seriously though, you are one of the few sane people on this thread.
Thanks, but ... I suggest you must be an Atheist, or you would also want me tarred and feathered as an evil offender of all of the many gods.

:)

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#472268 Aug 20, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You wrote
Am still waiting for your answer.....
The bible says...
1Jn 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1Jn 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father:(but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
1Jn 2:24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.
1Jn 2:25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.
1Jn 2:26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.
1Jn 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
1Jn 2:28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.
1Jn 2:29 If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.
Wait as long as you wish...
As for me....I am waiting on the Lord..
Not only am I waiting for THE LORDS RETURN..
I AM WAITING AS A SERVANT OF GOD...AS A SERVANT DOES HIS MASTER.
Isa_40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
I WILL OCCUPY TILL HE COMES.
Luk_19:13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them,
--->Occupy till I come.<---
Joh 15:3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
Joh 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
Joh 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
Joh 15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
Joh 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
When God was putting you together, He announced "manners"...you thought He said "Manors" and went looking for yours!!!!!

It is common courtesy to answer a person whom talks to you. Afterwards, that person responses to you in like manner.

It is crass to ignore the person's initial words, and, instead to present what you want to talk about....

Location hidden

#472269 Aug 20, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christ One (and only one TRUE Church has been "filled to the brim" for over 2000 years with the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH....It is you Protestant "bible only fundies" that are CONTINUOUSLY emptying it, by "making up your own truth" (or better yet concocting your own--"relative truth" ---what each person decides "for themselves" is their OWN truth!!---(all 42,000 of you contradicting and inconsistent bible only buffoons!!!! The TRUTH of the TRUE GOSPEL of Jesus Christ, has, is and will always be grounded in Jesus Christ HIMSELF maninfested in and through His One True Catholic Church......You bible only Protestants are a "repeat story" of the Prodigal son in Luke 15:11 ALWAYS on the outside, ALWAYS looking in at the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the FAITH in Jesus Christs One True Church!!!
You are saying the English dictionary is lying, your poop is a liar, your catlick encyclopee is lying, the SBC is lying, Strong's lexicon is lying..

denomnation: A large group of religious congregations united under a common faith and name and organized under a single administrative and legal hierarchy.

The Roman Catholic church is a denomination of the Christian faith. Christ built not any...none...zilich denominations...He built His church.

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

church: ekklesia, a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly, church.

Therefore...any....bar none...Christian congregation or an assembly of, is the church Christ built.

The NABre poop arroved Catlick bible: Church: this word (Greek ekkl&#275;sia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

Therefore...any....bar none...Christian congregation or an assembly of, is the church Christ built

The SBC teaches:
A New Testament church of the Lord Jesus Christ is an autonomous local congregation of baptized believers, associated by covenant in the faith and fellowship of the gospel; observing the two ordinances of Christ, governed by His laws, exercising the gifts, rights, and privileges invested in them by His Word, and seeking to extend the gospel to the ends of the earth. Each congregation operates under the Lordship of Christ through democratic processes. In such a congregation each member is responsible and accountable to Christ as Lord. Its scriptural officers are pastors and deacons. While both men and women are gifted for service in the church, the office of pastor is limited to men as qualified by Scripture.

The New Testament speaks also of the church as the Body of Christ which includes all of the redeemed of all the ages, believers from every tribe, and tongue, and people, and nation.

Therefore...any....bar none...Christian congregation or an assembly of, is the church Christ built

The catlick encyclopdia: church: The term church is the name employed in the Teutonic languages to render the Greek ekklesia (ecclesia), the term by which the New Testament writers denote the society founded by Jesus Christ....

Location hidden

#472270 Aug 20, 2013
A virgin forever was not Mary!!!!

This theory of Mary’s “perpetual virginity” became official dogma at the Council of Chalcedon in A.D. 451, and thus is binding upon both the Greek and Roman segments of the Church (Pelikan, 14.1000).
The Historical Roots of the Dogma

What is the biblical evidence for this dogma? There is none —absolutely none. As one scholar quaintly noted, the doctrine “is a matter of dogmatic assumption unmixed with any alloy of factual evidence”(Sweet, 3.2003).

The theory had its roots in the pagan environment of the post-apostolic age when there was a strong emphasis upon celibacy within certain heathen religions. In that day, sexual intercourse, even within marriage, sometimes carried the suspicion of sin.

Alexander Hislop has shown a remarkable concurrence between the Vestal Virgins of pagan Rome, and the propensity for virginity that evolved in the digressive church of the post-apostolic period (Hislop, 223, 236-238, 250).

The idea thus evolved that it was inconceivable that Mary should have engaged in normal marital relations.

It is a baffling mystery how a Church, that holds marriage to be a “sacrament,” can entertain such a misdirected viewpoint (see Heb. 13:4).
marge

Ames, IA

#472271 Aug 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you positive???
Yes June, I was called by God to witness to that fact.
marge

Ames, IA

#472272 Aug 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya ... but unless you preach at me you are not following the gospel that you must preach and tell me straight out that if I don't become a Christian in your image ... god won't love me.
It's your duty to convert others so you will in turn receive brownie points in heaven from the god that loves ONLY Christians.
It's about love June, how could anyone not share with another a True Pure Love available for All.

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#472273 Aug 20, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I agree which is what I usually do. Unless your post will Glorify God, there is no Reason to reply to her.
Well we shall kerp her in our prayers and keep scrolling ..though I don't all the time..But seems we have some consensus .

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#472274 Aug 20, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
It's about love June, how could anyone not share with another a True Pure Love available for All.
Good luck there and God bless you Marge
marge

Ames, IA

#472275 Aug 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm trying to help you comprehend that the reason you don't believe that other religions are based on truth, is the same reason I don't believe your religion is based on truth.
Have you really tested all the spirits? I incouraged my oldest son to study all the religions as he had questions, Thank God he realized it was all about a relationship with God and total belief in Him was what was True and not religion.

Can you imagine a relationship with God the Creator of the world and everything in it!

Location hidden

#472276 Aug 20, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes June, I was called by God to witness to that fact.
Just curious...what means of communication did God use when He called you???

Was it by a loud voice or did He use the telephone?? If by telephone, was it on a land line or was it wireless. Was it by short wave radio??? By walkie-talkie??? Did He use drums like the natives do in Attica??? Smoke signals????
marge

Ames, IA

#472277 Aug 20, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well we shall kerp her in our prayers and keep scrolling ..though I don't all the time..But seems we have some consensus .
Pray Always and continually:)

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#472278 Aug 20, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
A virgin forever was not Mary!!!!
This theory of Mary’s “perpetual virginity” became official dogma at the Council of Chalcedon in A.D. 451, and thus is binding upon both the Greek and Roman segments of the Church (Pelikan, 14.1000).
The Historical Roots of the Dogma
What is the biblical evidence for this dogma? There is none —absolutely none. As one scholar quaintly noted, the doctrine “is a matter of dogmatic assumption unmixed with any alloy of factual evidence”(Sweet, 3.2003).
The theory had its roots in the pagan environment of the post-apostolic age when there was a strong emphasis upon celibacy within certain heathen religions. In that day, sexual intercourse, even within marriage, sometimes carried the suspicion of sin.
Alexander Hislop has shown a remarkable concurrence between the Vestal Virgins of pagan Rome, and the propensity for virginity that evolved in the digressive church of the post-apostolic period (Hislop, 223, 236-238, 250).
The idea thus evolved that it was inconceivable that Mary should have engaged in normal marital relations.
It is a baffling mystery how a Church, that holds marriage to be a “sacrament,” can entertain such a misdirected viewpoint (see Heb. 13:4).
Oh boy. It's sholy gwine be a change in the weathah. For once I am in agreement with you. You finally got one right,LOL. bUT HECK EVEN A BROKEN CLOCK IS RIGHT TWICE A DAY,lol.
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#472279 Aug 20, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
No...
Then for Jesus' claim of equality with God to be true He must be God.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#472280 Aug 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you be sorry for scrolling by? Isn't it god's will that you ignore evil people?
yes...that why I try ignore those catholics that gave you those nice icons...lol
marge

Ames, IA

#472281 Aug 20, 2013
You too can have a blessed relationship with God Almighty Creator of heaven and earth and all within!

Got Jesus?

Location hidden

#472282 Aug 20, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text> Oh boy. It's sholy gwine be a change in the weathah. For once I am in agreement with you. You finally got one right,LOL. bUT HECK EVEN A BROKEN CLOCK IS RIGHT TWICE A DAY,lol.
Praize da goad Laud!!!!! Da child he be speek and polish da knob boff at the same tyme!!!!

Location hidden

#472283 Aug 20, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Then for Jesus' claim of equality with God to be true He must be God.
The Holy Trinity is three....not one...!!!!

As pointed out...you are in a heavy fog....I can be equal to Mike Tyson....but that does not mean I am Mike....it does mean whatever Mike can do...so can I...

Am still waiting to see you express the Holy Trinity with Christ being God and God being Christ...Is there a problem????

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#472285 Aug 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Praize da goad Laud!!!!! Da child he be speek and polish da knob boff at the same tyme!!!!
So in other words you derive great pleasure from me """polishing your knob,LOL"""? Be that what you be a sayin?
hojo

Hopkins, MN

#472286 Aug 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are saying the English dictionary is lying.
NO!!..... I am saying that you are "distorting, manipulating and twisting" the TRUTH of the Bible and the TRUTH of TRUE Church History----------In others words, just plain----LYING!!!!
hojo

Hopkins, MN

#472287 Aug 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ built not any...none...zilich denominations...He built His church.
YES!!! Christ built a Church----(one Universal Church)-----a heirarchical, authoritative, visible Church with Bishops, priests, elders and deacons ----ALL revealed in Acts 2......And..it was Catholic (which means Universal)-----confirmed, authenticated and substantiated for over 2000 years in TRUE Church History. EVERY ONE of Jesus Christs original Churches that HIS Apostles established were heirarchical, authoritative and visible (each Church beginning with Antioch, then Corinth, Galatia, Ephesus,Colossus, Thessalonica ALL were headed by an Apostle which were appointed as Bishops (overseers) to lead each Church.----again confirmed, authenticated and substantiated for over 2000 years in TRUE Church History.
The Reformation (and Luther) who created (man-made)denominations ---(now over 42,000+(conflicting) bible only (contradicting) hodge-podge of Protestant (inconsistent confusion-- as of today..

JESUS established One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic (Universal-Catholic) Church in Matthew 16:13-21. MEN established denominations in the 16th century starting with Luther, then Zwingli, Wycliff, Hus, Calvin, Knox, Tyndale, Beza, Capito, Cranmer, Flacius and on and on and on reaching 42,000+ today with Confrinting, Orville, 4GVN, JustaChristian, Jethro8, including YOU Ox----all just one big "Mish-mashed (Mess) of just more confusion, more chaos and more contradicting bible only (self-interpreting popes--who have never, NOR WILL EVER agree on ANYTHING accept attacking THE (historical and biblical PROVEN TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church---which is the ONLY basis of Protestantism and their bible only teaching!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Intense Power Behind The New World Order...... 2 min Toshi Sanyo 18
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 min Peace_Warrior 600,006
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 3 min Johnny 2,451
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Buck Crick 733,197
Good bye Michael Sam 8 min andet1987 4
Last Word + 2 12 min andet1987 538
Gay Rights dealt REAL blow!: Michael Sams cut b... 14 min Doctor REALITY 4
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 35 min Insults Are Easier 258,069
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 50 min Patrick 226,389
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr JUDEletePete 118,007