Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,765
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
truth

Perth, Australia

#471956 Aug 19, 2013
Bible support many things what you don't understood..action and reaction...small things and big things.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#471957 Aug 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The word is boast ... not boost.
Why are you boasting?
YOUR RIGHT tHANKS

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

#471958 Aug 19, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
There, are,Muslims,today turning to Christ ..even in danger of death
Islam is the fastest-growing religion in England and Wales, according to new census data that the British government says "describes the defining characteristics of the population, who we are, how we live and what we do."

The census data shows that the number of Christians in England and Wales declined by 11%(4.1 million) during the past decade, from 37.3 million in 2001 to 33.2 million in 2011.

During the same period, the Muslim population in England and Wales increased by 80%(1.2 million), from 1.5 million in 2001 to 2.7 million in 2011, making it the second-largest religion in Britain.

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/3500/islam-...

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#471959 Aug 19, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

So - based upon your post above - "I do not have a religion,I have a relationship with the Triune God,Father,Son and Holy Spirit.There is no speculation on my part that they truly exist." - you accept all texts that have teachings by Jesus included in them, right?
A yes or no answer will suffice.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry I know where you are going NASL.Yes I know about the gnostic gospels or whatever they are called.When I took the time to read some of them,the words of Jesus I recognized from the Scriptures I naturally accept.But it is not a yes or no answer to give you the satisfaction of promoting those gnostic writings,which I personally cannot endorse them.
"But it is not a yes or no answer to give you the satisfaction of promoting those gnostic writings,which I personally cannot endorse them."

Of course you can't, and you know the truth of the matter, but can't even be honest enough to admit it.

Like I said, you are a follower of men, because they have chosen a belief for you.

I can see why the story of Jesus tries so hard to show how he tried to tell the Jewish people the same thing.

Look what they did to him. Then notice how he had the last word as well - "For they know not what they do."

Honesty is what Jesus taught, but yet it is a treasure that no one seeks.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#471960 Aug 19, 2013
The number of people who say they have no religious affiliation jumped by 83%, from 7.7 million in 2001 to 14.4 million in 2011. In proportional terms, this would imply that one-quarter of people in England and Wales now identify as being non-religious.

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/3500/islam-...

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#471961 Aug 19, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
The same foods that everyone from the entire mediteranean grew and ate for thousands of years LONG before the Jesus story evolved. Jews, Pagans they all ate the same. Nothing to do with the scriptures or christianity.
BUSTED!
Does the phrase STUCK ON STUPID AND GLUED TO DUMB mean anything to you? If not,just look in the mirror,LOL.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#471962 Aug 19, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
There is NOT ONE shred of evidence recorded, written and documented in ANY TRUE Apostolic Church History books, that have been compiled from the vast majority of highly accredited and renoun Church Historian writers (including Apologist History authors and writers (from both Catholic and Protestant) "for over 200 years" that supports ANY of your 21st century (bogus) anti-catholic (concocted, fabricated and made-up)opinions!!!!
NONE WHAT-SO-EVER!!!! You CONTINUE to have "no idea" as to what you are talking about Ox, which is "no surprise" to ANY of us Catholics!!
The Bible teaches it is the only authority on God's Word...no other source is needed...such as:TRUE Apostolic Church History books...Church Historian writers (including Apologist History authors and writers.....

Example: Christ spoke to the seven (7) churches of which He did not refer to any one of them as "Catholic " "catholic" "Roman Catholic" Catholic Church"....because none where!!!!!

Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write
And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write
And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write
And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write;
And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write;
And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write
And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write
truth

Perth, Australia

#471963 Aug 19, 2013
We don't need be judged about honesty with your explanation..
Jesus say;''Father forgive them they did not know what they doing..''

Why you really think enemy of Jesus Christ and followers of his teaching not waiting on every words as accuser?

Upon you stay 3 things atmosphere troposphere stratosphere..man y control that..o well many did not know meaning about that but many know day of destruction..even calculated within second..

now
Are you really think Creation stop there?
no

Very intelligent people not going tell you nothing at all..did they wrote here..no..then!!!
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#471964 Aug 19, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you go LTM
THIS is a great article
http://www.aish.com/sp/so/Whispers-of-9-11.ht...
i HAVE HEARD MANY STORIES LIKE THIS, THANK YOU FOR SHARING.
tHERE ARE MANY WONDERFUL THINGS THAT HAPPEN IN THIS WORLD, BUT FOR SOME REASON THEY DON'T SELL THE NEWS PEOPLE RATHER HEAR ABOUT BLOOD AND GUTS.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#471965 Aug 19, 2013
I suggest that people who join the more strict religion of Islam will be sorry if Islam becomes a theocracy.

Hitler also promised a better society, but a better society to Hitler simply meant that those he didn't like were put to death.

I prefer a messy society, as it indicates that even though people are a mess, they are still allowed to live without the government putting them to death.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#471966 Aug 19, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
That's it - I'm not throwing you any more pearls.
What pearls have you thrown...

I haven't seen any real pearls come from your direction...

You have sent the sand that the oyster attempts to cover

for it's comfort... You have not sent any thing of value

to any one here; any thing of Spiritual essence that has

cost you any grief, discomfort..or personal sacrifice...

All you have sent is what some one else has regurgitated..

that brings eternal death..

Jesus said...

Joh_5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Joh_6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Rev_21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Rev_22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#471967 Aug 19, 2013
People in religion often see the outsiders as evil.

Islam is a prime example of how far theologians will go to exterminate what they perceive is evil in other people.

Before the laws stopped the Christians from burning others at the stake, they were of the same mindset as are the Muslims that today believe they MUST kill evil people in order to appease the god.
truth

Perth, Australia

#471968 Aug 19, 2013
Many things you don't liked hear..who can and who can't?.. as well why can hear or not.

I told you even day destruction can be calculated as correction but as well others things.

it is written
all angels and demons will fall..

Atmosphere Stratosphere Troposphere.

Albuquerque, NM

#471969 Aug 19, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
nOT YELLING I HAVE A BRAIN TUMOR IT EFFECTS MY EYE SIGHT.
I NEED TO SET MY FONTS ON A LARGER SETTING.
THIS IS A NEW COMPUTER I HAVE TO HAVE SOMEONE TO PUT ALL THE PROGRAMS IN FOR ME.
http://www.bing.com/videos/search...

:oP

From the goodness of one c. survivor - cheer up and smell the roses chica!!....and go see some guy in a gorilla outfit for "God's" sake!

:o)

We only live once - enjoy the moment, for any other is a free one!
- Anonymous

Fraser Lake, Canada

#471970 Aug 19, 2013
Maybe some day the Christians will have to unite together against the forces of Islam.

It will probably be the only way that Protestants and Catholics get along. They will at last have an enemy on which they can both focus and that will draw them together as a united fighting force against the evils of Islam.

Humans preach peace but they don't mean it. It's just stuff they learned to regurgitate from the books that they were taught are HOLY.

Albuquerque, NM

#471971 Aug 19, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible teaches it is the only authority on God's Word...no other source is needed...such as:TRUE Apostolic Church History books...Church Historian writers (including Apologist History authors and writers.....
Example: Christ spoke to the seven (7) churches of which He did not refer to any one of them as "Catholic " "catholic" "Roman Catholic" Catholic Church"....because none where!!!!!
Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write
And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write
And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write
And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write;
And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write;
And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write
And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write
Jesus never spoke to any of "those churches", for his teachings weren't really taking off, until well over 50 years past his death.

From 33 - 50 CE, it was still forming and probably consisted of less than 500 followers if that. Since we really don't know the numbers of followers of Jesus at this time, so we may speculate with any number if you wish.
- but besides that point, followers of Jesus preached to these 'churches'.

Please do not construe the information. If you think you are smart enough to convey something, please do it correctly.

You are one of the reasons why so many people have fallen under the guise of Christianity.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#471972 Aug 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Back when the men put their thoughts into the bible, the ONLY foods that existed WERE the staple foods which were the healthy foods. There's nothing astonishing about that issue.
There is much you still must learn.

http://www.examiner.com/article/30-ancient-bi...

I don't know why I'm being so patient with you. Usually when someone demonstrates such stubborness to the word of God I would have long ago dismissed them.

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#471973 Aug 19, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
i HAVE HEARD MANY STORIES LIKE THIS, THANK YOU FOR SHARING.
tHERE ARE MANY WONDERFUL THINGS THAT HAPPEN IN THIS WORLD, BUT FOR SOME REASON THEY DON'T SELL THE NEWS PEOPLE RATHER HEAR ABOUT BLOOD AND GUTS.
SO TRUE. SORRY FOR YOUR ILLNESS.

Bad things,make news,..that's a fact .

DO YOU KNOW HOW,TO SET THE SETTINGS IN COMPUTER...APPEARANCE

YOU CAN SET VERY LARGE PRINT ..

Albuquerque, NM

#471974 Aug 19, 2013
Ooooohhhh....a "metaphor war!!"

Ooooohhh.....I so like this game!!

:o)
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
What pearls have you thrown...

I haven't seen any real pearls come from your direction...
You haven't been paying attention then.

Bummer for you.
<quoted text>You have sent the sand that the oyster attempts to cover
for it's comfort...

Only for the "clambake"....

You wouldn't know what the pearls look like if it at your feet, though I have tried.

To find the pearls in life requires to shed the arrogance and prestigious make-up that men put on.

You seem to have a problem doing so.

BTW - the pearl is always there for the taking - you just can't let yourself get in the way of retrieving it.
<quoted text>You have not sent any thing of value
to any one here; any thing of Spiritual essence that has
cost you any grief, discomfort..or personal sacrifice...
You are wrong again, GiF.

I'm not the one who dismisses Jesus. You are.

I'm not the one who allows men to choose for me, what "God's" inspiration is limited to. But you are.

Have you ever really examined yourself as your "Paul" requires?
<quoted text>All you have sent is what some one else has regurgitated..
that brings eternal death..
No I haven't. Jesus doesn't bring any eternal death, that would be a function of the material world we live in. We all are going to die. BTW - since you think this, then y ou don't understand what Jesus taught, because he supposedly taught how we transcend to an eternal 'life'.

Where are you getting that from? Oh yeah - men.

You shouldn't be so negative. But that is an issue Christianity wants to instill upon you.
- Shoot - continue to be negative, you will always want to look up to someone...else for help. Jesus doesn't like people who can't help themselves.
<quoted text>Jesus said...
Joh_5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh_6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
Rev_21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.
Rev_22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
All out of context.....but you already knew that, because you are out to deceive others.

Please post where "God" specifically states which texts are inspired and which are not.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#471975 Aug 19, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Are there any on this forum whom can read the following and tell me it teaches that Christ is God????
Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
~~~
ARGUING Whether....

Jesus is God or not,..... will not DRAW A SINNER TO REPENTANCE...

TO THE UNREGENERATED IT IS MOOT...

THEY COULD NOT CARE LESS...

~~~~

IF YOU ARE A REAL CHRISTIAN...LIVING THE EXAMPLE WHILE

PRESENTING THE WORD OF GOD...

SO THAT THE HOLY SPIRIT CAN (CONVICT THE UN SAVED)...

GIVE THEM THE REVELATION THAT THEY ARE

SINNERS ...

IN NEED OF SALVATION ...SHOULD THAT NOT BE BE YOUR PRIORITY ?...

JESUS SAID...

Joh_12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

Winning souls that are facing eternal damnation IN HELL..

is of greater importance than your contentions.

Wisdom and meekness.
Men are naturally fond of a reputation for superior understanding and wisdom.

Here, then, is the best way to show the real possession of such superiority;

not by a forward self-consequence

—a self-commendatory, and over-eager desire to dictate to others from the teacher’s chair;

not by a magisterial dogmatism of manner;

not by a lofty and supercilious contempt of other men and their views and modes of instruction;

not by a keen, contentious, overbearing zeal.

No; let the man of “knowledge” and “wisdom”

show his possession of these attributes—

acquaintance with truth, and

sound discretion to direct to the right use of it—

by keeping his station, and studying to adorn it.

Let him, first of all,maintain

“a good conversation”

—or course of conduct,

private and public—

a conversation upright and holy, in full harmony with the genuine influence of Divine truth, and

“let Him show, out of such a conversation, his works”—

the practical results of his knowledge and professed faith.

These “works” consisted in

active conformity to the duties required by Divine precept, in all the various relations of life, more private or more public. And these “works” were to be shown “with meekness of wisdom”—that is, with the meekness by which genuine wisdom is ever distinguished.

Vanity is one of the marks of a weak mind.

Humility and gentleness are the invariable associates of true wisdom.

The two were united, in their respective fulness of perfection,

in the blessed Jesus.

Let the man, then,

who would have a character for true wisdom manifest

in his entire deportment

“the meekness and gentleness of Christ.”(H. Wardlaw, D. D.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Aura Mytha 739,604
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 13 min Dr_Zorderz 259,595
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 14 min lisw 173,712
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 24 min Dave Nelson 227,606
sexting (guys only) (Jul '12) 26 min girls united states 168
chat with demi lovato 112 (the real official de... (Jan '09) 36 min Rachael13 1,856
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 40 min Remnant of 144000 38,709
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Innocent Holy dr ... 601,120

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••