Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685757 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

chuck

Dublin, OH

#472142 Aug 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Life has not yet broke me to the point of suicide ... yet I understand that it is only because my life has been one of more emotional comfort than those who have been broken.
Had I believed I was broken, as has occurred because of religion to so many homosexuals ... I might also have been driven by emotion to commit suicide.
It's not nice to tell others that they offend a god. That teaching kills self-esteem.
We all want to feel that we are important.
Did you ever consider maybe it was your mommy and daddy as to the reason you are the way you are...

I feel sorry for you...honestly
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#472143 Aug 20, 2013
If someone in religion suggests that if you join his/her group they will share their "knowledge" with you, I suggest you make tracks in the other direction, as they are up to NO good.

My father sent a lot of money to the Rosicrucian Order, and in return they sent him words such as the following.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

From the book Technique of the Disciple … Andrea … published 1935.

The Cosmic Conception. By Dr. H. Spencer Lewis F.R.C.

Reincarnation! The world’s greatest disputed doctrine. The belief in reincarnation has had millions of intelligent, learned, and tolerant followers throughout the ages. Ringing through the minds and hearts of students, mystics, and thinkers have always been the words; “Why are we here?” Reincarnation has been criticized by some as conflicting with sacred literature and without verification. This book reveals, however, in an astounding manner the many facts to support reincarnation. Quotations from eminent authorities, from Biblical and Sacred works substantiate reincarnation.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#472144 Aug 20, 2013
People can and do play with words to their heart's contents.

My father studied the new testament and found many scriptures that indicated to him that Jesus was simply a reincarnation of other teachers of wisdom.

It's all in the book somewhere or other. Seek and ye shall find.

Tongue in cheek
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#472145 Aug 20, 2013
The most interesting statement of all is Thomas-71 where the Gnostic-Jesus says: "I will destroy this house and no one will be able to rebuild it." This is a clear contradiction of Jesus’ saying in John 2 that though others would destroy his body, he would be resurrected. This reflects the gnostic disdain for the very idea of the resurrection. Since, in their view, the material world is an evil thing we must be freed from, the bodily resurrection is completely rejected. According to the gnostics, Jesus was not raised bodily, and neither will we be.

http://www.monergism.com/thethreshold/article...

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#472146 Aug 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was a child the teaching of a devil and hell "left me cold." At that time I created an image of a god that was pure love and in my imagination loved everyone. And until I was 70 years of age I entertained THAT illusion. Then I left all religious illusion behind when I could no more make sense out of a loving god allowing such suffering of human and non-human forms of life.
I explained this to you before ... but you ignored my explanation.
I never ignored your explanation, and undertstand completely what you say you had done.

I just don't believe you because you keep twisting up your tales into a new story - "left me cold" but didn't leave the religion because I wanted to test this for another 60 years.

Yep - sounds logical to me.

Whatever June - it's your life - live the lie, just don't promote it to me.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#472147 Aug 20, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you ever consider maybe it was your mommy and daddy as to the reason you are the way you are...
I feel sorry for you...honestly
Well we can't all be perfect as are you Chuck.

:)

Theology

There is a heaven, forever day by day
The upward longing of my soul doth tell me so
There is a hell, I’m quite as sure; for pray,
If there were not, where would my neighbors go?

Paul Lawrence Dunbar

Albuquerque, NM

#472148 Aug 20, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
You truly don't know what you are talking about.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Who does?
We all have opinions ... but opinions aren't worth much are they ... SELF???
Thank you for proving you can't pay attention and be focused.

The post was to a specific poster. Why don't you go back to that post and figure it out yourself and stop being so darn lazy.

BTW - you are right - we all have opinions, but when opinions can be proven incorrect, I will.

Just like I did with your statement above.

*sighs*
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#472149 Aug 20, 2013
I had wonderful caring parents who didn't know any better than to confuse me with the religions of their beliefs.

I am thankful however that they didn't belong to the same religion, as I might have grown up to be certain, rather than confused.

It was the confusion that led me to ask questions of all religion and ultimately make my final exit.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#472150 Aug 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Every researcher of religion who wants to believe they know truth will cling to what seems the most exciting.
I remember when I was young, people talking about the Gnostic Jesus gospels as though they had come across the truth that had previously been hidden from them by the nasty Christians.
What a lot of poop.
The Gnostics were split into so many divisive factions as to make their own religious gossip appear as utter folly.
It's human nature to dream of grandeur and owning knowledge ... but I suggest that religion was and is all based on illusion and nothing BUT illusion.
Do you blame your mommy and daddy for the lies you have been taught about God?

Is it your mommy and daddy's fault for teaching you religion instead of the true Gospel?

Albuquerque, NM

#472151 Aug 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
This is what New Age Spiritual Leader is trying to impress on you is TRUTH.
It's a good philosophy for some ... until a person takes into consideration that some people are born into lives of such deprivation and suffering that it is obvious to them that if a god exists ... their selves are not worth a brain fart TO the god.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
The Gnostic-Jesus says, "When you come to know yourselves... you will realize that it is you who are the sons of the living father. But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty." (Thomas-3)
http://www.monergism.com/thethreshold/article...
Beats the $#!+ out of listening to some other person tell me how to live my life.

Don't you agree?

Wait, you don't, because you like people telling you how to live - shoot you did it for 70+ years.

Albuquerque, NM

#472152 Aug 20, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
1 Timothy Chapter 6
3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words,[even] the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.
Sounds like you are part of the problem FoL....as you don't even use half of what Jesus taught.

Who are you to use these words, when they should be applied to yourself?

Yes FoL - that is what separates you from me....I use Jesus' teachings you don't.

Why do you mislead others when you yourself can't even be honest enough and admit you are one of the peoples that "Paul" speaks about?
chuck

Dublin, OH

#472153 Aug 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I had wonderful caring parents who didn't know any better than to confuse me with the religions of their beliefs.
But they did confuse you and now you hate everyone who is a Christian. Great folks!!
chuck

Dublin, OH

#472154 Aug 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well we can't all be perfect as are you Chuck.
Theology
There is a heaven, forever day by day
The upward longing of my soul doth tell me so
There is a hell, I’m quite as sure; for pray,
If there were not, where would my neighbors go?
Paul Lawrence Dunbar
Who said I was perfect? I didn't. Here is the question again...thanks

Albuquerque, NM

#472155 Aug 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
We all want to feel that we are important.
Through honesty - one will find that they are not, and only in fid that they are - within their mind, as decided upon by themselves.

Self.

Albuquerque, NM

#472156 Aug 20, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted an example (One that is representative of a group as a whole: the squirrel, an example of a rodent; introduced each new word with examples of its use. One serving as a pattern of a specific kind: set a good example by arriving on time.A similar case that constitutes a model or precedent: a unique episode, without example in maritime history) of a real Christian's testimony......not mine!!!!
Are there any on this forum whom can read the following and tell me it teaches that Christ is God????
From the Catholic encyclopedia: Jesus Christ the incarnate Son of God redeemer of the human race..
I already answered.

Jesus never called himself "God", why should you?
chuck

Dublin, OH

#472157 Aug 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
My father studied the new testament and found many scriptures that indicated to him that Jesus was simply a reincarnation of other teachers of wisdom.
ROTFLAU!!!! Yep that explains a lot about you Grams..lol..
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#472158 Aug 20, 2013
When I pointed out to a devout Christian that our Atheist neighbor is a kind person without religion, she assured me that it was "because" he had been raised by Christian parents.

We all have our own stories to fit our own NEEDS.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#472159 Aug 20, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Through honesty - one will find that they are not, and only in fid that they are - within their mind, as decided upon by themselves.
Self.
Hitler was also a "self" who no doubt was honest in his belief that his self was on the right path and others needed to be led by him.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#472160 Aug 20, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
ROTFLAU!!!! Yep that explains a lot about you Grams..lol..
My father was not anywhere near alone in that belief.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

BIBLE ACCOUNTS THAT SUGGEST REINCARNATION

No amount of logical arguments can convince some Christians of the fact of reincarnation. Nor would the accounts of the personal experiences of other people persuade such Christians.

http://www.cinemaseekers.com/Christ/reincarna...
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#472161 Aug 20, 2013
People find whatever they seek to find.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Evidence for Reincarnation
in the Bible

http://www.markmason.net/ch16ex1.htm

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min bad bob 26,216
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min arrr 985,693
David Duke: "We're going to take our country ba... 2 hr Doctor REALITY 58
to Maria Chapelle-Nadal: it's time to ROLL, sista' 3 hr Doctor REALITY 1
I hate Haiti (Jan '10) 4 hr Anne Nonymiss 109
"BIGGEST SCAM in WORLD HISTORY...." 5 hr YTube 1st 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 hr Here For Now 619,748
More from around the web