Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646320 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#472092 Aug 20, 2013
Rather than a creator creating the universe, it is plain from all the gods in mythology that humans created gods to try to make sense OUT of their surroundings.

Jews were not the first ones to create multiple gods. They were simply divisive groups of many other groups who before them created images of gods.

Religion has a long distorted history, and it remains distorted by all the illusions that are today active in human imaginations.

Williams Lake, Canada

#472093 Aug 20, 2013
Pad wrote:
<I do not care that this is a thread,a posting where we cannot see each other.You have an arrogance about you Oxbow that I hope will leave you before the Lord takes you home!
It was arrogance that first created religion and bragged of owning truth.

Invisible beings are not proof of their existence.

You can brag that a god is real and special to you ... but to be fair you will admit that many others before you were certain that their images of gods were the real ones and also catered to those other believers.

Only if you humble your self to that idea will you stop believing that there is one god and that that god loves only you and those who believe as do you.

It's your choice.

Williams Lake, Canada

#472094 Aug 20, 2013
Negative icons on my posts will not change the fact that when you believe a god exists to serve only you and your group of believers ... that you are dwelling in absolute arrogance.

Your anger is at your self, for not showing respect to your own conscience.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#472095 Aug 20, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not judging you, I am pointing out where you aren't stating the truth, or in the least - addressing that you know you aren't telling the truth.
If I ask for you r to give evidence of what you say, I would expect you not only be honest with me, but with yourself.
It is a far cry to come across a honest "Christian".
<quoted text>
...and yet you think that the laws of the OT are still "believable" and "truth".
Again, I doubt you agree that this is truth. If you do agree with me, then that is just one instance that you cannot claim as being "truth". But can you be honest enough to admit it and live by it - or will you tell me one thing and then live by another?
Only you know the answer to this.
Self.
<quoted text>
All products of things you did - Self.
<quoted text>
You are projecting again. You have no idea on what journey I've been on, nor do you know what level of success I have had on that journey.
Don't do this Pad, because it does show that you have some overpowering influence that can help anyone. How is that? BY just you posting in a public forum? By what you say?
Again we have arrived at all products of Self.
Although you have proven the title of this forum is not true. How you may asked, you have shown that there is another path to salvation - through your version and not using the RCC.
Good for you!
I must be dense.NASL you are interesting to say the least,but somehow you misread most Christians.

Yes,I believe in the Old Testament,not that it has to apply word for word to my experience as a believer to date.But as the history of what God has given to first the Hebrews(Jews),and passed on later through His Son. The Psalms are rich in praise and worship to the Living God,the Proverbs are rich in wisdom from the Father through ordinary men,such as David and his son Solomon.We are not to live as they did,but we are to receive the truth of a righteous life that God did offer to them first.David held true even though he sinned,but Solomon went off course.

The rest of the Old Testament with the Prophets and so on gives us the basis of what the Father's Kingdom was BASED upon.The many intrigues,deaths,slaughters and so on,adulteries,and sins of people in the old Covenant do not contradict the Godly tenets of faith,righteous living,and praise to the God of Glory.The stubborn defiance of the Jewish people toward God met with much punishment and ultimately the D i a s p o r a that still exists,but of course with the State of Israel established to unite the Jewish people once again,for the last 65 years of their recent history.

When I view sin or anything of that nature,I rely on what God said to the Prophets about it,and how He has dealt with it through the Lord Jesus Christ.

Personally I have read many attacks in regards to the validity of the Old and New Testaments,and they have their day in the sun as far as I am concerned.people will refute because NASL,they have that right.But that does not bother me."I know in whom I believe,and am persuaded that He is able to keep me against that day."

Daily I go through what everyone struggles with the BATTLEFIELD of the mind as it were,and there is nothing perfect about me.But by His grace I live,and go to Him in prayer,He sustains me,as I have been through some challenging physical problems.It is His grace and care that teaches me to trust in Him,and His love most of all brings my life closer to Him,so my trying in anyway to shirk some beliefs you might think I harbor,that promotes what you believe is frankly NASL not true.I never believed in spiritualism,or the New Age,the gnostic teachings,spirit beings in relation to gnosticism or New Age philosophy.

I just simply believe in a relationship,that like all relationships have trying moments,and decisions,and strained times.

However God is not the problem,I am when it comes to the strain.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#472096 Aug 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If he does not get paid, he only preaches for a pastime, as without money, he cannot survive.
Preachers feel powerful when they believe they are "moved" by one or another god, and that other people believe in their "LEADERSHIP."
That's quite a rush of endorphins to the brains of the preachers.
A past time?
My father in law was a farmer,raised his children,worked a job,built the house to raise his children.

The Lord blessed him to where he could survive.

God is all powerful.He knows our every need.

He was called to preach God's word and he obeyed that call.

Romans 10
15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

When we follow the guidance of the Holy Spirit,the Lord is pleased and he will provide our earthly needs.

Before he went to church services he went behind the barn and prayed for guidance and asked the Lord give him a message to preach to the church.

He took his calling seriously.

My husband and his siblings remember hearing him pray before they went to church.

It touched my husband so much,he wrote a song about that precious memory.

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

I am not ashamed of my belief in the Lord.

12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

I know when somthing is real and that is real.

You for some reason choose not to believe and that is so very sad.

You have no clue what your missing out on.

You need to get over yourself and stop thinking with that carnal mind of yours.

You are missing out on a lot of blessing,because of your unbelief.

I tell you this because I care about your spiritual state that you are in.

No one wants to see someone live without God in their life.

You doubt everything that has to do with the Lord.

I pray for you because I really care about your state of unbelief.

A true child of God does not want anyone to die in unbelief.

Revelation 21:8

8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Won't you call upon the Lord today?
Romans 10:13

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#472097 Aug 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your statement "I'm not getting you anywhere" indicates your own NEED to believe you are my LEADER, if only I would WISE enough to follow you.
My guess is, that's been the story of all humans in all religions since the beginning of time. Arrogant to the core.
"I know the way to salvation. I will be your leader. I will tell you what the words from the one and only savior should mean to you, because you are too dumb to GET the God-given meanings ... blah, blah, blah."
I never said I wanted to be your leader.

I never said your dumb.

I sure am not arrogant.

I just care that's all.

I do believe you just like to argue.

You believe what you want to believe.

Let us believe as we want.

If you feel so strongly that there is no God,then imho,you have no hope whatsoever.

It's not too late though.

I am praying for you.

Williams Lake, Canada

#472098 Aug 20, 2013
It was such a rush of endorphins in my brain to believe that a god of pure love existed and that I could talk to him and he would understand my problems and be there for me.

But that issue of suffering of all humans and all non-human animals made it clear to my conscience that I was entertaining a repetitive illusion.

That is when I decided to trade the high of endorphins in my brain to in turn set myself free from the illusions of all religion.

Williams Lake, Canada

#472099 Aug 20, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
A past time?
My father in law was a farmer,raised his children,worked a job,built the house to raise his children.
The Lord blessed him to where he could survive.
God is all powerful.He knows our every need.
He was called to preach God's word and he obeyed that call.
Romans 10
15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
When we follow the guidance of the Holy Spirit,the Lord is pleased and he will provide our earthly needs.
Before he went to church services he went behind the barn and prayed for guidance and asked the Lord give him a message to preach to the church.
He took his calling seriously.
My husband and his siblings remember hearing him pray before they went to church.
It touched my husband so much,he wrote a song about that precious memory.
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
I am not ashamed of my belief in the Lord.
12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
I know when somthing is real and that is real.
You for some reason choose not to believe and that is so very sad.
You have no clue what your missing out on.
You need to get over yourself and stop thinking with that carnal mind of yours.
You are missing out on a lot of blessing,because of your unbelief.
I tell you this because I care about your spiritual state that you are in.
No one wants to see someone live without God in their life.
You doubt everything that has to do with the Lord.
I pray for you because I really care about your state of unbelief.
A true child of God does not want anyone to die in unbelief.
Revelation 21:8
8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Won't you call upon the Lord today?
Romans 10:13
I've heard your type of sermons before. As a child they left me cold, and nothing has changed since then.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#472100 Aug 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It was arrogance that first created religion and bragged of owning truth.
Invisible beings are not proof of their existence.
You can brag that a god is real and special to you ... but to be fair you will admit that many others before you were certain that their images of gods were the real ones and also catered to those other believers.
Only if you humble your self to that idea will you stop believing that there is one god and that that god loves only you and those who believe as do you.
It's your choice.
So JUNE,if there is TRUTH,than we are to just put it in some cave and leave it there,for fear that we might offend others?

It is truth that God wants to have a relationship with you.Now if you think that is arrogance dear one,you are far more in the dark than you realize.How can you come up with such tripe?My choice is to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ,and to walk with Him till that day when He allows me to enter the rest of the eternal life He has given to me.NOT that I earned it June,but that He has given it to me because He loves me.If you do not want His eternal life,than that is your choice.

Your statement of my humbling myself to some godless idea,that GOD never had anything to do with me,and I should reject the one god,and that is my choice that you must think will free me,is shear nonsense,since you are good at calling things silly.

The only freedom dear lady(if you are not a woman forgive me)is being open to the very Creator who created all that is seen and unseen.

JUNE just what is at the end of your rainbow of godlessness and so on? I want an answer that makes sense,what is at the end of your rainbow?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#472101 Aug 20, 2013
The whole gist of the post - stop playing to the tumor and living life.
Unless you want that tumor to take over your life. Do you?
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
How arrogant of you to suggest that if another person doesn't follow your belief in Gnosticism that person will develop a cancerous tumor.
Little children die from cancer every day. Is that because they were not in your gnostic frame of mind?
YUCK!
That isn't what I stated or implied.

You have a reading comprehension.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#472102 Aug 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Many of you seem to believe that because I no longer believe in the existence of a god that I am negative.
I believe the opposite.
To believe a god exists and refuses to do anything to relieve suffering IS a negative belief.
What type of monster could watch a baby scream for food ... be ABLE to help that baby, and yet not do a thing TO relieve that baby of the suffering???
If you ask your selves that question ... you will receive your answer ... as I received mine.
Religion is a LIE!!!
For your homework tonight June,repeat 50 times Religion is a Lie!!!! non stop.50x. I will tell you why I asked you to do that later!

Albuquerque, NM

#472103 Aug 20, 2013
...and yet you think that the laws of the OT are still "believable" and "truth".
Again, I doubt you agree that this is truth. If you do agree with me, then that is just one instance that you cannot claim as being "truth". But can you be honest enough to admit it and live by it - or will you tell me one thing and then live by another?
Only you know the answer to this.
Self.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I must be dense.NASL you are interesting to say the least,but somehow you misread most Christians.
Yes,I believe in the Old Testament,not that it has to apply word for word to my experience as a believer to date.But as the history of what God has given to first the Hebrews(Jews),and passed on later through His Son. The Psalms are rich in praise and worship to the Living God,the Proverbs are rich in wisdom from the Father through ordinary men,such as David and his son Solomon.We are not to live as they did,but we are to receive the truth of a righteous life that God did offer to them first.David held true even though he sinned,but Solomon went off course.
The rest of the Old Testament with the Prophets and so on gives us the basis of what the Father's Kingdom was BASED upon.The many intrigues,deaths,slaughters and so on,adulteries,and sins of people in the old Covenant do not contradict the Godly tenets of faith,righteous living,and praise to the God of Glory.The stubborn defiance of the Jewish people toward God met with much punishment and ultimately the D i a s p o r a that still exists,but of course with the State of Israel established to unite the Jewish people once again,for the last 65 years of their recent history.
When I view sin or anything of that nature,I rely on what God said to the Prophets about it,and how He has dealt with it through the Lord Jesus Christ.
Personally I have read many attacks in regards to the validity of the Old and New Testaments,and they have their day in the sun as far as I am concerned.people will refute because NASL,they have that right.But that does not bother me."I know in whom I believe,and am persuaded that He is able to keep me against that day."
Daily I go through what everyone struggles with the BATTLEFIELD of the mind as it were,and there is nothing perfect about me.But by His grace I live,and go to Him in prayer,He sustains me,as I have been through some challenging physical problems.It is His grace and care that teaches me to trust in Him,and His love most of all brings my life closer to Him,so my trying in anyway to shirk some beliefs you might think I harbor,that promotes what you believe is frankly NASL not true.I never believed in spiritualism,or the New Age,the gnostic teachings,spirit beings in relation to gnosticism or New Age philosophy.
I just simply believe in a relationship,that like all relationships have trying moments,and decisions,and strained times.
However God is not the problem,I am when it comes to the strain.
Thanks for your opinion on the OT, but as you can see, my post may have referenced the OT, I wasn't looking for the many facets of the OT. I pointed out how a "law" is not true within the OT, which would also point to that the invalid law would be one instance where the OT is not true.

One cannot say the OT is completely true, if one instance is not.

As you can see - like many others - you chose not to answer it.

I understand, it goes against the tenets of your faith to admit truthfully that what you thought was true, is not.

*sighs*

Williams Lake, Canada

#472104 Aug 20, 2013
From my perception, this is what brings people again and again to places of worship to receive their addicting drug of endorphins that pleasure the cells in their brains.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Endorphins and Emotions

Next, we'll learn how endorphins can make us more emotional than an hour spent standing at the craps table.

Endorphins block pain, but they're also responsible for our feelings of pleasure. It's widely believed that these feelings of pleasure exist to let us know when we've had enough of a good thing -- like food, sex or even companionship -- and also to encourage us to go after that good thing in order to feel the associated pleasure.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/life/endorph...

Williams Lake, Canada

#472105 Aug 20, 2013
I suggest these people are as high on endorphins as they would be had they used heroine or cocaine.

Williams Lake, Canada

#472106 Aug 20, 2013
The whole gist of the post - stop playing to the tumor and living life.
Unless you want that tumor to take over your life. Do you?
<quoted text>
That isn't what I stated or implied.
You have a reading comprehension.
Your words were a threat!

"Unless you want that tumor to take over your life. Do you?"
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#472107 Aug 20, 2013
<quoted text>
What other sources does "God" approve as "His authority", besides the Bible?
Home
Freebies
Starting Points
Common Questions
Catholic Faith
Catholic Bible Study
Catholic Prayers
Catholic Morality
Catholic Sacraments
How to Pray
Spiritual Treasures
Catholic Ezine
eBookstore
Contact Me
Link to us

Sacred Tradition whether oral or written comes from Jesus Christ HIMSELF. It's the full, living gift of Christ to the Apostles, faithfully handed down, as taught in the Early Churches (beginning with Antioch, as the "oral (unwritten) tradition and down through each generation. It is through Tradition that the Holy Spirit makes the Risen Lord present among us, offering us the very same saving Word and Sacraments that he gave to the Apostles! The bible itself, "is Tradition" (the historical "written tradition"!

Understanding Tradition is essential to understanding the Catholic Church and the Catholic Christian faith.

Tradition is "handed down"

The word "tradition" actually means handing down something to another person.

Scripture testifies to this meaning of Catholic Tradition as the normal mode of transmitting the Faith:

"So then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter." (2 Thess 2:15)

"For I received from the Lord what I also handed on to you...." (1 Cor 11:23)

"For I handed on to you as of first importance what I also received...." (1 Cor 15:3)

"...I know whom I have believed [i.e., Jesus], and I am sure that he is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me. Follow the pattern of the sound words which you have heard from me, in the faith and love which are in Christ Jesus; guard the truth that has been entrusted to you by the Holy Spirit who dwells within us." (2 Tim 1:11-14)

"You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus, and what you have heard from me before many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also." (2 Tim 2:1-2)

"...I found it necessary to write appealing to you to contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." (Jude 1:3)

The Bible teaches us that Scripture is the Word of God, but it also teaches that the Apostolic Tradition is Gods word, as well. The Apostolic tradition is the "oral teaching" of Jesus Christ that He handed on to His Apostles and the teachings of the Apostles was dictated to them by the Holy Spirit! Pauls teachings to the Thessalonians (in 2 Thess 2:13, clearly tells that that the word of God comes to them (and us) "orally" as well as "written"!!

Williams Lake, Canada

#472108 Aug 20, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>So JUNE,if there is TRUTH,than we are to just put it in some cave and leave it there,for fear that we might offend others?
I suggest you ask your self the question why YOU are so special as to have the one and only REAL savior come to save you???

Every person in every religion that has been promised a savior is coming for them feels the same as you feel ... special! Why do you dismiss their claims and their feelings as evil, and put your own up as HOLY???

You are dwelling in your ignorance and that is your choice, but I won't go along with you for the ride and that is my choice.

Williams Lake, Canada

#472109 Aug 20, 2013
If I were to believe that a savior came to earth to save the people in one religion ... it would only be fair of me to believe that saviors came to earth to save people in all religions.

You want me to favor your religion as special and that is not going to occur.

If you want to jump around your own church and have people tell you that only your group is going to be saved ... then I suggest you carry on ... but you are now on a forum where others will not entertain you with your illusions ... so either leave or get used to people not playing to your illusions as being based on the one and only truth. The choice is yours.

Albuquerque, NM

#472110 Aug 20, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Home
Freebies
Starting Points
Common Questions
Catholic Faith
Catholic Bible Study
Catholic Prayers
Catholic Morality
Catholic Sacraments
How to Pray
Spiritual Treasures
Catholic Ezine
eBookstore
Contact Me
Link to us
Sacred Tradition whether oral or written comes from Jesus Christ HIMSELF. It's the full, living gift of Christ to the Apostles, faithfully handed down, as taught in the Early Churches (beginning with Antioch, as the "oral (unwritten) tradition and down through each generation. It is through Tradition that the Holy Spirit makes the Risen Lord present among us, offering us the very same saving Word and Sacraments that he gave to the Apostles! The bible itself, "is Tradition" (the historical "written tradition"!
Understanding Tradition is essential to understanding the Catholic Church and the Catholic Christian faith.
Tradition is "handed down"
The word "tradition" actually means handing down something to another person.
Scripture testifies to this meaning of Catholic Tradition as the normal mode of transmitting the Faith:
"So then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter." (2 Thess 2:15)
"For I received from the Lord what I also handed on to you...." (1 Cor 11:23)
"For I handed on to you as of first importance what I also received...." (1 Cor 15:3)
"...I know whom I have believed [i.e., Jesus], and I am sure that he is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me. Follow the pattern of the sound words which you have heard from me, in the faith and love which are in Christ Jesus; guard the truth that has been entrusted to you by the Holy Spirit who dwells within us." (2 Tim 1:11-14)
"You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus, and what you have heard from me before many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also." (2 Tim 2:1-2)
"...I found it necessary to write appealing to you to contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." (Jude 1:3)
The Bible teaches us that Scripture is the Word of God, but it also teaches that the Apostolic Tradition is Gods word, as well. The Apostolic tradition is the "oral teaching" of Jesus Christ that He handed on to His Apostles and the teachings of the Apostles was dictated to them by the Holy Spirit! Pauls teachings to the Thessalonians (in 2 Thess 2:13, clearly tells that that the word of God comes to them (and us) "orally" as well as "written"!!
Odd as it seems, why isn't there more writings by the Apostles?

"God" didn't think the remaining Apostles were more authoritative than that of...

Home
Freebies
Starting Points
Common Questions
Catholic Faith
Catholic Bible Study
Catholic Prayers
Catholic Morality
Catholic Sacraments
How to Pray
Spiritual Treasures
Catholic Ezine
eBookstore
Contact Me
Link to us
Sacred Tradition

You truly don't know what you are talking about.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#472111 Aug 20, 2013
Luke wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly WHERE did he say that? Please back up your claim with documentation.
Before people go nuts over this why don't you all try reading the actual document?
http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/congregatio...
Who cares?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min here 47,811
Poll White Men, Would You Have A BABY by a Black Woman (Apr '10) 4 min Breedu 493
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 6 min KellyP_Onuandher 2,011
jb bohsia yg terbesar (Sep '08) 8 min Jawaking 43
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min VIKING 971,567
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 16 min LetsRoleplayThen 9
Wholesale Nike Kobe 11 Basketball Shoes on www.... 31 min nbakobe11 1
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 105,569
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 6 hr oneear69 38,711
More from around the web