Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 693164 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Silly

United States

#472063 Aug 20, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ox----this is just more of your bible only BS!..... NOWHERE in Sacred Scripture does it say that the bible is the ONLY authority, the only source that God chose to transmit HIS divine and inspired word!........ You throw "lies" around this forum, somehow hoping that none of us Catholics know what the bible teaches!!..... You are a typical "Protestant fundamental" deceiver of the truth of scripture, just "making it up" as you go along! You have "absolutely not idea" as to what you are talking about!!
No more pulling the wool over people's eyes by the RCC. Anyone can Google your fallacies with a few key strokes if so desired. Welcome to the information age.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#472064 Aug 20, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish you would have a little respect for the believers and not talk about the Lord the way you do.
When I suggest to you that many religions have savior gods and sons of gods in their systems of belief, you go right back to your Jesus myth as though it is the only one on earth that ever mattered or SHOULD matter to anyone ... simply because it is all-important to YOU.

You are selfish to the core and yet you perceive that you full of love.

I suggest that when you learn to respect other religions, you will then have a right to berate me for being disrespectful to you and your religion.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#472065 Aug 20, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you have never been in a small country church here where I live.
The pastor does not get paid.
If he does not get paid, he only preaches for a pastime, as without money, he cannot survive.

Preachers feel powerful when they believe they are "moved" by one or another god, and that other people believe in their "LEADERSHIP."

That's quite a rush of endorphins to the brains of the preachers.
truth

Mosman Park, Australia

#472066 Aug 20, 2013
don't tel
why
don't see
why
don't hear
why
don't be witness
why
and so on..

Which religion is that?
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#472067 Aug 20, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
I know it's not a church.
Just keep disrespecting the believers if you want.
Have at it.
Knock yourself out.
It's not getting you anywhere.
I pray that the Holy Spirit deals with your heart.
Your statement "I'm not getting you anywhere" indicates your own NEED to believe you are my LEADER, if only I would WISE enough to follow you.

My guess is, that's been the story of all humans in all religions since the beginning of time. Arrogant to the core.

"I know the way to salvation. I will be your leader. I will tell you what the words from the one and only savior should mean to you, because you are too dumb to GET the God-given meanings ... blah, blah, blah."
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#472068 Aug 20, 2013
I suggest that if a creator and a hereafter exists (as all the right-fighters in their own religions claim is true)... if that creator is fair in meting out justice ... he will tell them that the door that they wanted to close on others that they targeted in vain as evil rejects, is now closed to them.

Such greed in people to claim that others deserve hell while they deserve eternal bliss is (from my perspective) proof positive that humans are the most self-centered animals on earth.

I would far rather believe that no god exists than to believe a god would lavish me with eternal bliss for being greedy to the core of my being.
truth

Mosman Park, Australia

#472069 Aug 20, 2013
no my lovely friend..don't be addict on innovation..
why
in my tiny place marriage is been most funny day yep with apple full of coin going around they give money on plate to lady as gift..
to late for remembering old fashion introduce in within as innovation apple evil-tel can kill you with that gun with lots of fun..

remember
my mind is not yours
many neglected real Creator
if nothing exist in my life
but something exist in my mind
what others don't need know

evil is evil
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#472070 Aug 20, 2013
If you people were honest, you would admit that when you preach words from the bible, it makes you feel powerful and righteous to the cores of your beings.

The idea that a god supports you when you preach is a REAL trip of emotional highs.

I suggest that all preachers in all religions that believed a god was moving them TO preach, had that same high from endorphins in their brains as do YOU.

Watch the young Billy Graham as he preached. Watch his face ... how he was cocky and self-assured that he was preaching truth. And then consider that as a man close to death, he now preaches that people don't have to be Christian to be saved.

You can learn from his mistakes ... or not ... the onus is on you.

truth

Mosman Park, Australia

#472071 Aug 20, 2013
'arrogant to the core'
Please forgive me!
Why you say that?

If are you my lovely leader!!!

Don't be deceived..who me..no no no
-be very careful..
'core'..
why you say that
did ever see huge scare..no
one as globe
try think like this
one in Mongolia as lake
other is in Siberia as lake
in Utah as lake
Indonesia what

i can't wrote here not any more any secret not at all

someone can destroy all
and everything

my mind is not yours
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#472072 Aug 20, 2013
I suggest that if the heart really IS wicked as Billy Graham preached in his younger years, that his heart was wicked to be drawn to preach that a Jew would come again to earth to collect ONLY Christians and take them to a Christian heaven.

Any person attuned to fairness whatsoever should comprehend that a Jew would not come to earth even the first time to betray faithful Jews that gave their whole hearts in sincerity to Judaism.

But people crave to be top-dog and so they stay in the Christian religion and slop up the lies as though the lies are based on the one and only truth.

And people in other religions commit the same atrocities ... calling others evil and grabbing all the holy images for their selves.

Shame on you.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#472073 Aug 20, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
THE BIBLE SAYS
Jud_1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

SINCE YOU DENY
EARNESTLY CONTENDING..FOR
the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.
PRESENT ANOTHER JESUS
AND CONTEND FOR FABLES AND CONJECTURE...
Throwing out a verse or two, eerily sounds like something done at an old school witch's convention. Is this how you try to mesmerize those who you talk with?
<quoted text>
YOU WASTE YOUR ENERGY ...EXERCISING YOU FINGERS...
POSTING TO ME...
No I don't. I post because I like to post - no matter if it is to you or someone else. No energy wasted at all.

Pointing out your false claims and misleading metaphors have to be done by someone, why not me?
<quoted text>
THE BIBLE INSTRUCTS ME CONCERNING THOSE SUCH AS YOURSELF....
Tit 3:10 A man that is an here tick after the first and second admonition reject;
Tit 3:11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.
So what are you going to do. Kill me? Rape me? Pillage my home? Slay me and my family?

No you won't. You will sit at your computer and continue to hurl words at me, because you haven't enough guts to be honest with anyone.

Please post where "God" specifically states which texts are inspired and which texts are not.

Stop hiding in the shadows and stand up for honesty - once.

What are you afraid of?
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#472074 Aug 20, 2013
truth wrote:
evil is evil
You fear evil because they taught to fear evil. They taught that that only in the church would you find holiness.

It was their way to keep you tied to the church.
truth

Mosman Park, Australia

#472075 Aug 20, 2013
Did you know which animal do that?
scare huge as globe as print about what?
lake as nail..who
our globe as what ..tiny child marble..in within in as about what
as shake shake milk..

Are you for sure you did not know?

Albuquerque, NM

#472076 Aug 20, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not have cancer, I have a tumor
The whole gist of the post - stop playing to the tumor and living life.

Unless you want that tumor to take over your life. Do you?
truth

Mosman Park, Australia

#472077 Aug 20, 2013
truth

Mosman Park, Australia

#472078 Aug 20, 2013
in this city nothing exist
darkness

i walk between them as alive
no moon no stars no sun..

Are you scare of me?

pray crown of Jesus Christ head..
how its look
pain
not other biggest pain exist horrible..

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Albuquerque, NM

#472079 Aug 20, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ox----this is just more of your bible only BS!..... NOWHERE in Sacred Scripture does it say that the bible is the ONLY authority, the only source that God chose to transmit HIS divine and inspired word!........ You throw "lies" around this forum, somehow hoping that none of us Catholics know what the bible teaches!!..... You are a typical "Protestant fundamental" deceiver of the truth of scripture, just "making it up" as you go along! You have "absolutely not idea" as to what you are talking about!!
What other sources does "God" approve as "His authority", besides the Bible?

Albuquerque, NM

#472080 Aug 20, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Does God haave an equal?
If you have to be asking, then you really don't know "God", thus can understand that no man can truly have an answer to this, thus, the Bible, written by men, is incomplete.

This should be the first lesson learned.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#472081 Aug 20, 2013
A matter of conscience (scenario)

But Jesus ... can't those in other religions come to heaven if they were kind on earth and did their best in their own religions?

"NO NO NO ... ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! If people don't call on the name Jesus, they will go to hell! Read your bible!"

"But Jesus ... that doesn't seem at all fair."

"Well, I didn't write the bible ... the men of the Catholic faith compiled those words."

"Jesus ... are YOU claiming the words are lies???"

"I suggest you check your imagination and see what resonates with your conscience. Do YOU believe that I would deny my faithful Jews access to eternal bliss?"

"It doesn't sound right to me. JESUS where did you GO???"

"I live only in your imagination. Maybe it's time for you to wake up."

"But I don't WANT TO WAKE UP. I WANT TO BELIEVE THAT 'YOU BELIEVE' I AM SPECIAL!!!"
truth

Mosman Park, Australia

#472082 Aug 20, 2013
i been on that cross with my mind and my body totally scratch with my hand lags..
not pain then ever exist
not better love who can except that

i fill that crown pain
no better love give yourself to whom need to this world to be save..

love your god with heart and mind and pray with me
when every door become close..
remember
only one heart will be open for all to be save..

who

Are you sure my lovely friend that your car v6 cylinder will save all..
or your sociology-atheist friends..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min Riverside Rednek 51,756
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 min waaasssuuup 445,969
Those in the twin towers who saw the jets coming 57 min Doctor REALITY 33
Allah is Satan hiding behind the name 1 hr Doctor REALITY 13
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr whatgod 991,937
Skype gay sex (Dec '14) 8 hr c840xba 26
shuh up meathead! 9 hr Doctor REALITY 1
More from around the web