Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703573 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#469721 Aug 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
If there just happens to be a hereafter and these preachers reap what they sow, they just might be rewarded with the echoes of their own sermons coming back to them for eternity ... seventy times seven.
so what happens with June when she finds out that these Preachers are Right and june, poor ole june, SPLITS HELL WIDE OPEN
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Canada

#469722 Aug 8, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
So what good is all of this stupid arguing doing anyone.
Its not doing any good, and if its not bring Glory to God it's all in vain.
No one has learned anything, there is no growth, no maturity, and no one has got saved.
Bitter fruits is all we are spewing out at each other.
May God have Mercy and forgive us all.
I suggest that we learn mercy for each other and leave the imaginary gods and goddesses in mythology from where they first came.

If you don't believe that a god talks direct to you ... why would you believe a god talked to anyone ... ever? Are you not worthy of the same undivided attention as others?

Even when I was under the spell of religion I never believed that a god talked to me. It took me most of my lifetime to realize that if a god hadn't talked to me, chances were better than not that the men had made up the stories that gods talked to them.
June VanDerMark

Canada

#469723 Aug 8, 2013
Here is how Islam supposedly started. And I suggest that all religions on down the line were started by members of congregations that were disgruntled because others would see them as "leaders" of the pack.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Muhammad broke with his Jewish supporters because they refused to recognize him as a prophet and adopt Islam. He chose now to emphasize the Arabness of the new religion and has his followers face Mecca when praying instead of Jerusalem. In the end, all the Jews were either banished or executed.

http://atheism.about.com/library/FAQs/christi ...
June VanDerMark

Canada

#469724 Aug 8, 2013
would NOT see them as leaders of the pack
June VanDerMark

Canada

#469725 Aug 8, 2013
All self-perceived religious leaders are certain that their story is the TRUE story.

Arrogance never fails in its quest to brag.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

In opposition to the vast majority of Biblical and mainstream scholarship, Muslims maintain that Jesus was not crucified and that he was not killed by any other means. They hold this belief based on various interpretations of the following verse in the Qur'an:

That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them [or it appeared so unto them], and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not: Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise.
—Qur'an 4:157–158

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crucifixion_of_J ...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#469726 Aug 8, 2013
“Is he good? Or is he bad?

That's the only thing I ask nowadays. And as I grow older—I'd swear this on the last crust I eat—I feel I shan't even go on asking that!

Whether a man's good or bad, I'm sorry for him, for all of 'em.

The sight of a man just rends my insides, even if I act as though I don't care a damn!

There he is, poor devil,

I think, he also eats and drinks and makes love and is frightened, whoever he is: he has his God and his devil just the same, and

he'll peg out and
lie as stiff as a board beneath the ground

and be food for worms, just the same. Poor devil! We're all brothers!

All worm-meat!”

&#8213; Nikos Kazantzakis, Zorba the Greek
June VanDerMark

Canada

#469727 Aug 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>so what happens with June when she finds out that these Preachers are Right and june, poor ole june, SPLITS HELL WIDE OPEN
Now don't BE coy! You KNOW that you mean when YOU are right and other preachers that disagree with YOU are wrong!

It is obvious from the sentiments in your posts that you are happy that hell exists in your imagination, as without it, you wouldn't be able to perceive your self as superior to others.

I suggest you chase many people away from your religion with your insufferable arrogance of superiority in the idea that a god finds you irresistible.

YUCK!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#469728 Aug 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think that he is coming back very soon. school starts back around Labor Day. He was in Tibet last week and is on his way to where Mao was Born, and then back to Beiing.
hopefully then he will fly home for a few weeks. thanks for asking.
Oh your welcome..I knew a few weeks ago..You said maybe a month .

So he's in school here??

I miss my dtr. And grandkids so much ..Just talked to my grandson today ..he sounds so mature for an 8 year old ..time goes so fast!!!!

And when she was in college ..I lived for the holidays to come.

So I really understand missing them

But it's,our job to ..equip them to be responsible to live on their
Own..a fine line we walk ...

Raise them so They can leave the nest ..
June VanDerMark

Canada

#469729 Aug 8, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
“Is he good? Or is he bad?
That's the only thing I ask nowadays. And as I grow older—I'd swear this on the last crust I eat—I feel I shan't even go on asking that!
Whether a man's good or bad, I'm sorry for him, for all of 'em.
The sight of a man just rends my insides, even if I act as though I don't care a damn!
There he is, poor devil,
I think, he also eats and drinks and makes love and is frightened, whoever he is: he has his God and his devil just the same, and
he'll peg out and
lie as stiff as a board beneath the ground
and be food for worms, just the same. Poor devil! We're all brothers!
All worm-meat!”
&#8213; Nikos Kazantzakis, Zorba the Greek
Why shouldn't humans be worm-meat? There is nothing special about humans whatsoever. We are mortal beasts ... selfish to the core and more.

But on the other hand, we are all we have for company ... so why not make the best of it while we are on earth. Why not accept out bodies as worthy vehicles and care for our neighbors whether they are homosexual or heterosexual or bisexual.

We really have nothing to lose by at least trying to be kind to each other.

Let us not allow religion to stand in our way.
truth

Perth, Australia

#469731 Aug 8, 2013
tab wa
truth

Perth, Australia

#469732 Aug 8, 2013
numbers
numb=national=see symbol
mb-see symbol
sim bol=zic=pin
||||||
truth

Perth, Australia

#469733 Aug 8, 2013
i been there yesturday
yee
i drove something and looking
about hat
n o
i don't have any tehnology with me
please tell me
spinal cord
as cristal
i tell you before
which direction
is that
that you need know
when time come
please tell me
what they have in water
its invisible

are you for sure
its not work on invisible way
yes it is
see water sun spirit

its transmitted anywhere as well everywhere..

i am very tired
if i used technology
i did not
no

n
June VanDerMark

Canada

#469734 Aug 8, 2013
It could be worse! Meant to be humor.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

There was a man who lost one of his arms in an accident.

He became very depressed because he only had one arm.

One day in his despair, he decided to commit suicide.

He went to the top of a building to jump off. He was standing on the ledge....

.....looking down he saw this man skipping along, whooping and kicking up his heels. He looked closer and saw that this man didn't have any arms at all.

He started thinking, what am I doing up here feeling sorry for myself. There goes a man with no arms skipping down the sidewalk so happy, and going on with his life. He hurried down and caught up with him. He told him how glad he was to see him because he had lost one of his arms and was going to kill himself. He thanked him again for saving his life. The man with no arms began dancing and whooping and kicking up his heels again. He asked, "Why are you so happy?"
He said, "I'm NOT happy! My balls are itchy!"
truth

Perth, Australia

#469737 Aug 8, 2013
see color as photosynthesis=see green tree

see
with new technology you can investigated water..
any water salt and sweet water..

as you see pure water you can see spirit too..

see human product=eye=tears
christianity is a lie

Windsor, Canada

#469738 Aug 8, 2013
all RHP religions are a lie

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#469739 Aug 8, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
My thoughts exactly.
shepherd: One who herds, guards, and tends sheep.
June VanDerMark

Canada

#469740 Aug 8, 2013
Religion

We despise all reverences and all the objects of reverence which are outside the pale of our own list of sacred things. And yet, with strange inconsistency, we are shocked when other people despise and defile the things which are holy to us.

Mark Twain
truth

Perth, Australia

#469741 Aug 8, 2013
Why tears and ears are very close?
June VanDerMark

Canada

#469742 Aug 8, 2013
christianity is a lie wrote:
www.exposingchristianity.com
Why target Christianity? Why not target ALL religion ... including your own?
truth

Perth, Australia

#469744 Aug 8, 2013
dr hubo
existance=many forms=f roms
6 rom

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min USAsince1680 87,507
The American Dream is DEAD DEAD DEAD. (Oct '17) 34 min Hock Fung Soc Tu 23
Looking to finally settle down. Need some sugge... 59 min Plock Yan Yuk Foo 2
Why are women from USA prefer casual dating ove... 2 hr MGTOW 2
The Good Man Donald Trump 3 hr MexicoWill Pay4Wall 2
Prostitutes at Taiji Massage in Port Charlotte 3 hr FredG5 1
School honoring Confed general 2B Renamed 4 Bar... 3 hr Omg 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr science is god 996,409