Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646691 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Dan

Omaha, NE

#469683 Aug 8, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Man-made documents (CCC) do not trump "God".
But this is the mentality that all Catholics seem to disregard, huh?
Just because a man wrote it into the rules for them to believe a certain way, a man must've disregarded "God's authority" when he wrote the rule.
I understand why you stay confused - you've placed man's importance over "God's".
<quoted text>
Really Dan? Continue to play the ignorant one will not help.
"Who said it did?"
- You did, when you posted it as your support to refute what I've been saying.
"They remain priests. God's authority "wins"."
- I know they do, even if some guy says they are "excommunicated". In other words, a person cannot trump "God" nor can the CCC (where you show that a priest is no longer a priest - per a man) cannot trump "God".
- And here you are posting that Luther "stayed a priest" now - because of "God's authority". You are contradicting yourself Dan.
Either Luther was still a priest or he was per "God". Where does "God" state that Luther is no longer one of his servants.
Face it Dan, ADMIT IT DAN, that Luther was still a priest, even after he left the RCC, and his authority came from "God" and not some guy in Rome.
Are you paying attention sir? Good you should be.
This ultimately answers other so-called "Christians" statements about how ANYONE in his succession within the so-called "Church" has the ability to absolve "sins and transgressions" against them.
- just like your so called and debunked "Apostolic Succession". Hmmm....imagine that.
UNLESS - you think the men in Rome are more powerful than "God". Are they? You already think the Pope is infallible....this shouldn't be that hard of a question for you, if you are honest.
How honest are you Dan? So far, you haven't shown much of being honest at all.
Luther was a priest and rejected the Church. He left the Church.

They didn't boot him-he booted himself.

I posted a source and then affirmed myself that he remained a priest. You keep playing that as "gotcha"-I've already acknowledged it twice before and am doing it again now.

This, still, doesn't leave protestants with authority to bind and loose. Luther and any protestant who was once ordained a Catholic priest and still considers themselves priests, maybe. A possible handful of protestants through history could bind and loose even though they themselves rejected the teaching that they can, in fact, bind and loose.

This labyrinth is your "trump card"?

Dan

Omaha, NE

#469684 Aug 8, 2013
Man-made documents (CCC) do not trump "God".
But this is the mentality that all Catholics seem to disregard, huh?
Just because a man wrote it into the rules for them to believe a certain way, a man must've disregarded "God's authority" when he wrote the rule.
I understand why you stay confused - you've placed man's importance over "God's".
<quoted text>
Really Dan? Continue to play the ignorant one will not help.
"Who said it did?"
- You did, when you posted it as your support to refute what I've been saying.
"They remain priests. God's authority "wins"."
- I know they do, even if some guy says they are "excommunicated". In other words, a person cannot trump "God" nor can the CCC (where you show that a priest is no longer a priest - per a man) cannot trump "God".
- And here you are posting that Luther "stayed a priest" now - because of "God's authority". You are contradicting yourself Dan.
Either Luther was still a priest or he was per "God". Where does "God" state that Luther is no longer one of his servants.
Face it Dan, ADMIT IT DAN, that Luther was still a priest, even after he left the RCC, and his authority came from "God" and not some guy in Rome.
Are you paying attention sir? Good you should be.
This ultimately answers other so-called "Christians" statements about how ANYONE in his succession within the so-called "Church" has the ability to absolve "sins and transgressions" against them.
- just like your so called and debunked "Apostolic Succession". Hmmm....imagine that.
UNLESS - you think the men in Rome are more powerful than "God". Are they? You already think the Pope is infallible....this shouldn't be that hard of a question for you, if you are honest.
How honest are you Dan? So far, you haven't shown much of being honest at all.
....and what's this?

"Are you paying attention sir?"

You're New Age Keith Olbermann now?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#469685 Aug 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Okay - let's see what she does with my opinion.
I'm excited. Are you?
No.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#469686 Aug 8, 2013
<quoted text>
It only goes to show how many people are gullible, how they never research that which they believe, and the ignorance within.
"History is the best teacher oftentimes."
- true - if the correct history is shown and not fabricated or covered up.
Yeah.

Righto.

We're all blinkered, but you've nailed it, plus you get the cache' of strutting around on the board amongst us great unwashed as the lone "independent thinker".

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#469688 Aug 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Still untrue.
"Jesus does not have to do anything in order to be worshipped."
Jesus had to die onthe cross and for others to worship him.
Men have shosen this specific act for a belief.
You've accepted this limited Jesus.
Again, please stop misleading others.
So you are ,Gnostic ..just curious ..??

You believe Jesus as Lord and Saviour ???
Patriot

Denver, CO

#469689 Aug 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Oh NO!!!
Did I miss the Rapture, as people are now getting "marked by Satan".
Well, the good news is.....if the Rapture did occur.....we now know that many of the so-called "Christians" on this forum, surely missed the boat.
HA-HA!! Looks like we will be fighting alongside each other after all.....
BOOYAH!!
:o)
----

The following author gives some good insight regarding the subject of "The Rapture" -

Pre-Tribulation Rapture: Fact or Fiction?

http://www.wake-up.com/daystar/ds2005/Dec.htm

Since: Sep 09

Canada

#469690 Aug 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Because Gnosticism is a viable path to salvation, whereas Catholicism and Protestantism isn't.
How silly!

Canada

#469691 Aug 8, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>your beating a dead horse June, listening to unholy catholic propaganda all their lives is not going to go away in a life time, when their heart stops beating and the dirt hits their face and no Jewish/catholic guy comes to bring them to the promised land, that's when they'll realize they have been lied to all their lives.
I suggest that in a hereafter they should be subjected for eternity to all the preaching about evil that they subjected others to while they were on earth.

:)

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#469692 Aug 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you take issue with the English translation of John 21 where Jesus tells Peter to "feed my lambs", take care of my sheep", "feed my sheep" in succession?
I'm of the opinion that a shepherd performs these tasks.
Dan. that is not the issue. Robert made the boast to me that the 16th verse is about Jesus calling Peter a Shepherd .

and that just isn't true. why don't you as a good catholic call Robert out on his lying. I wouldn't hesitate if a Christian was lying about the Word, but you catholics are silent when one of your ilk are caught lying.

those few verses have to do with Jesus wanting Peter to make a decision as to their future relationship, so far as we all know. Peter was a very unstable person.

Hot one day, deny the next day and Jesus wanted much more than that.

Canada

#469693 Aug 8, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>to believe this, first you must prove god exists, can you?
OH OH! Here comes more scriptures that were inspired by theologians.

Canada

#469694 Aug 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Nope - bummer for you, but not for me. Although I have performed karaoke in front of people, I haven't spoke in front of people in a few years.
Topix seems to pacify that missing piece
I hope Topix finds your missing piece for you, as you don't seem to be able to accomplish the "mission."

Canada

#469695 Aug 8, 2013
<quoted text>
That is crazy. Religion really has similarities to a dictatorship. I guess I'm not that willing to let someone else dictate my beliefs. It is quite sad, if you want to know my honest opinion.
OH I think I've had quite enough of your honest opinion to comprehend that you want to lead us on your self's gnostic path.

marge

Leesburg, GA

#469696 Aug 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, all very interesting, but does this have any bearing on Christ's instructions to Peter in Luke 21?
Refusing to eat with someone is hardly feeding my sheep, and it shows Peter was not infallable nor was James or the other disciples. Only the Word of God is.

Canada

#469697 Aug 8, 2013
<quoted text>
It only goes to show how many people are gullible,
Hahahahaha

Location hidden

#469698 Aug 8, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
My thoughts exactly.
I take exception for Robert lying, why dont YOU?

Canada

#469699 Aug 8, 2013
<quoted text>
I've never claimed to "know the truth". In fact, I've stated to you directly, that "I'm content in knowing whatever the truth is, when I die."
Please stop making up things about me.
You have so many different stories from one moment to the next ... how can ever catch up with your own self?

One moment you claim to know the whole truth of Jesus' teachings, and the next moment you write that you never claimed to know truth.

Lead us not into your temptation.

Location hidden

#469700 Aug 8, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Did your son come back yet ???
I don't think that he is coming back very soon. school starts back around Labor Day. He was in Tibet last week and is on his way to where Mao was Born, and then back to Beiing.

hopefully then he will fly home for a few weeks. thanks for asking.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#469701 Aug 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Dan. that is not the issue. Robert made the boast to me that the 16th verse is about Jesus calling Peter a Shepherd .
and that just isn't true. why don't you as a good catholic call Robert out on his lying. I wouldn't hesitate if a Christian was lying about the Word, but you catholics are silent when one of your ilk are caught lying.
those few verses have to do with Jesus wanting Peter to make a decision as to their future relationship, so far as we all know. Peter was a very unstable person.
Hot one day, deny the next day and Jesus wanted much more than that.
v. 15, 16 17 all similar in that aspect.

V. 16:

16 Again Jesus said,“Simon son of John, do you love me?”

He answered,“Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.”

Jesus said,“Take care of my sheep.”

To me, Christ appears to be telling Peter to be a shepherd for His flock. V 15, 17 are similar in tone and construct.

That's what shepherds do-take care of sheep.

Are you hung up on the word "shepherd"? This is the crux of your argument, or...?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#469702 Aug 8, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Refusing to eat with someone is hardly feeding my sheep, and it shows Peter was not infallable nor was James or the other disciples. Only the Word of God is.
Who claimed the apostles to be infallible, marge?

You seem to present a solution here in search of a problem.

Location hidden

#469703 Aug 8, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok I sent it. to this acc.
thank you for sharing with me and rest assured that we do as you desire

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
no strings sex in margate (Nov '10) 1 min Tasha Knight 61
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 min Rider on the Storm 182,653
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min RiversideRedneck 48,892
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Ooogah Boogah 971,718
opinions needed 2 hr mannersmom 1
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 2 hr WasteWater 2,072
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Pegasus 281,267
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr Just Think 105,632
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 6 hr RiccardoFire 44,698
More from around the web