Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687346 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Canada

#469654 Aug 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
June will love this one.
Even the Pope doesn't declare that gnostics or protestants cannot attain salvation, but you have declared Catholicism and Protestantism as not "viable".
I'll sit back and watch you fend her off.
Many of the modern Pagans seem to believe that Gnosticism was the real HOLY deal that started Christianity.

But the word gnostic was unheard of back then.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

The English noun "Gnosticism"The term "Gnosticism" does not appear in ancient sources,[14] and was first coined by Henry More in a commentary on the seven letters of the Book of Revelation, where More used the term "Gnosticisme" to describe the heresy in Thyatira.[15]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnosticism#The_t ...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#469655 Aug 8, 2013
who="Dan"
Except the passage at issue was Luke 24.

Luke 24:33 shows who Jesus was talking to: the disciples AND THOSE THAT WERE WITH THEM. Verse 45 instructs THEM to tarry in Jerusalem UNTIL they were endued with power.

Acts 1 is the resulting 'tarrying', and 120 were named in attendance, at the time when they WERE endued with the power of the Holy Spirit.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Canada

#469656 Aug 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Post #469462 sums his deal up.
His deal is the same as all others in their own religions. It plays to the arrogance of self in the haughty attitude of KNOWING truth.

Those seeking truth will never claim to have answers from gods or goddesses ... OR self.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#469657 Aug 8, 2013
I guess Robert is still trying to translate the verse that I used.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#469658 Aug 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>try this out and tell me where Jesus called Peter the Shepherd in this verse.
ercetai ihsouV kai lambanei ton arton kai didwsin autoiV kai to oyarion omoiwV
Do you take issue with the English translation of John 21 where Jesus tells Peter to "feed my lambs", take care of my sheep", "feed my sheep" in succession?
I'm of the opinion that a shepherd performs these tasks.
Clay

Lawrence, MA

#469659 Aug 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you take issue with the English translation of John 21 where Jesus tells Peter to "feed my lambs", take care of my sheep", "feed my sheep" in succession?
My thoughts exactly.

Location hidden

#469660 Aug 8, 2013
Catlick dogmaw....They hit the mark!!!!!
Mary was conceived without stain of Original sin.
So was every other person from the beginning!!!!!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#469661 Aug 8, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
My thoughts exactly.
Plan on being treated to the unassailable logic that the word "shepherd" doesn't appear in that form, exactly, so Jesus could not have possibly meant to refer to Peter as a shepherd.

That logic never, ever applies to John 6 (among others), but they pull the card when convenient.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#469662 Aug 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't it Peter who would not even eat with the Gentiles?
marge

Leesburg, GA

#469663 Aug 8, 2013
But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed. 12For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.

Location hidden

#469664 Aug 8, 2013
Catlick dogmaw...an other lie...

Mary conceived by the Holy Ghost without the co-operation of man.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#469665 Aug 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>[email protected]
I HAVE forgot MORE THAN YOU WILL EVER KNOW.
MY TEACHER IS GOD.
yours is murray.
BIG DIFFERENCE.
I jumped the gun on you with the relationship between Peter and Jesus didnt I?
NOW YOU CAN SAY THAT WASNT WHAT YOU WERE REFERRING TO, CANT you?
Did your son come back yet ???
Dan

Omaha, NE

#469666 Aug 8, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't it Peter who would not even eat with the Gentiles?
I don't know.

Does this have any bearing on Jesus commands to him here?
Clay

Lawrence, MA

#469667 Aug 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Plan on being treated to the unassailable logic that the word "shepherd" doesn't appear in that form, exactly, so Jesus could not have possibly meant to refer to Peter as a shepherd.
That logic never, ever applies to John 6 (among others), but they pull the card when convenient.
All these arguments are pointless unless people can show Christ says 'Bible alone'.
(or more accurately: 66 Books of the KJV, Bible alone)
I'll say this too: its troubling every single time these fundies try and argue on behalf of sola scripture. Its simply not there. It wasn't taught. The whole idea of 'Bible alone' was clearly added to the word of God by Protestant Christians. The doctrinal tornado is never ending now thanks to them!

Since: Nov 08

usa

#469668 Aug 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
According to you his "love" is only for you and other Catholics.
Why do you suppose he can't resist your magic charms Robert???
:)
your beating a dead horse June, listening to unholy catholic propaganda all their lives is not going to go away in a life time, when their heart stops beating and the dirt hits their face and no Jewish/catholic guy comes to bring them to the promised land, that's when they'll realize they have been lied to all their lives.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#469669 Aug 8, 2013
Read the whole exchange, Peter was not walking in the truth of the Gospel.

Paul Confronts Peter

11But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed. 12For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision. 13And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation. 14But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?

15We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, 16Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. 17But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid. 18For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. 19For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. 20I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 21I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#469670 Aug 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>for some reason, I cant get into this Ac account. send me one at [email protected]
Ok I sent it. to this acc.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#469671 Aug 8, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
THE ACTUAL PLANET???
Same as,I said to Preston
Was this,a dead planet. planet With NO LIFE here before God said let there be light...is there any truth in a gap THEORY...a first flood theory ????
These things,I don't know,Preston .
But I believe the bible's ACCOUNT of WHEN LIFE BEGAN '...including human
And if you go by genealogists,in both OT AND NT...
the scripture YOU AND YOUR CHURCH said you think is,true .
Then life began whatever those numbers add up to
We did not crawl out if the ooze from coincidental matter that CAME INTO BEING ..
the only BIG BANG ..POSSIBLY HIS VOICE..
AND we were CREATED body..soul and spirit BY GOD ..NOT EVOLVED FROM s one thing else ..
to believe this, first you must prove god exists, can you?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#469672 Aug 8, 2013
marge wrote:
Read the whole exchange, Peter was not walking in the truth of the Gospel.
Paul Confronts Peter
11But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed. 12For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision. 13And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation. 14But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?
15We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, 16Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. 17But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid. 18For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. 19For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. 20I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 21I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
Again, all very interesting, but does this have any bearing on Christ's instructions to Peter in Luke 21?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#469673 Aug 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
AWWW come on ... you and others will never run out of sermons with the intent of proving to each other that you are wise and others are dumb.
Nope - bummer for you, but not for me. Although I have performed karaoke in front of people, I haven't spoke in front of people in a few years.

Topix seems to pacify that missing piece - maybe because it could be a wider audience....*shrugs*....who knows, huh?
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>Arrogance is the name of the religious game.
I know what you mean - that is one of the reasons why I left organized religion. Men telling other men what to believe!

Can you imagine this? And people allow it to happen to them willingly!!

That is crazy. Religion really has similarities to a dictatorship. I guess I'm not that willing to let someone else dictate my beliefs. It is quite sad, if you want to know my honest opinion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min swampmudd 31,247
Little Jojo 1 hr KoKos Sassy 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr dotard tracker 987,376
Why Won't The Government Help Against Select Po... (Aug '12) 3 hr Frustrated 268
Most Criminals Are DEMOCRATS! 7 hr Jimmy D Cricket 2
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 hr Not Govt Controll... 286,595
-----*ANTICHRIST on world stage----- 10 hr NewsGlobal 1
More from around the web