Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688787 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#469634 Aug 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>sounds like you need a very, very big house bbut I am pleased that you enjoyed your time with all of the kids.
BTW< I posted the heart and the star. have no idea who changed them
Its ok Preston, we all had a great time I sent you an email.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#469635 Aug 8, 2013
who="Dan"
Really interesting.
Still doesn't get you out of your statement that all Christians have apostolic authority and your subsequent back pedal.

I did not back pedal. All Christians not only have authority to forgive "those who trespass against THEMSELVES;" they are commanded to do so.
Human Being

Basile, LA

#469636 Aug 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>YOU"RE AN IDIOT, LIKE YOU HAVE SHOWED SO MANY TIMES ON THIS FORUM.
The KJV is the best and closest translation of any Bible now in existence.
go find you a Jewish Holy Scripture Masoretic Text and you will soon realize it, well maybe not you. My Bad!
BTW< I have forgot more Greek than you can ever learn.LOL
Last night I posted this verse to show Tony what type of LOVE that Jesus was ASKING Peter.
it has nothing to do with anything else in this context.
so show me where Peter is called a shepherd by Jesus even tho all of us(Preachers) are shepherds of our flock(church)
Preston:

Interesting....How long have you been using the Jewish Masoretic Text for the Gospel According to John in Greek?

And by the way, why does the NASB of John 21:16 talk about shepherding the sheep, as does the original Greek states, but the KJV skips that part? Must be a reason the writers of the KJV didn't want the original Greek to be written in there.

Tell me why, if the KJV is so perfect, that it is so lacking in this area? I am interested in your explanation.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#469637 Aug 8, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Now, now....you are mixing to actions.
One you stated that priests have the authority, and now, like I prophecized, you added yet another qualifier to his role.
You are a fraud.
<quoted text>
the fraud is in the statement above.
If he was a priest he rcvd this authority from "God".
Men, though thinking they are superior than "God" by throwing out the term "excommunicated" doesn't change his "God given authority".
Unless you think "God's gift" ended when some man stated "He is excommunicated"?
Not only are you a fraud, you are confused and to be honest with ya, claiming you know what "God" can or cannot do, is just like a so-called "Christian".
Marge, KM, LTM, cowboy, GiF, and now you.....wow.....you guyas really have a connection that no one else has.
*sighs*
Keep back-peddling Dan, you'll get nowhere.
I get farther than you, who doesn't understand excommunication but presumes that I take your lecture on it.

He was automatically excommunicated for his actions.

1582 As in the case of Baptism and Confirmation this share in Christ's office is granted once for all. The sacrament of Holy Orders, like the other two, confers an indelible spiritual character and cannot be repeated or conferred temporarily.74

1583 It is true that someone validly ordained can, for grave reasons, be discharged from the obligations and functions linked to ordination, or can be forbidden to exercise them; but he cannot become a layman again in the strict sense,75 because the character imprinted by ordination is for ever. The vocation and mission received on the day of his ordination mark him permanently.

CCC

Once ordained, the "power" and ability to act as a priest cannot be removed. All priests CAN confect the Eucharist. Their authority to do so, however, comes from their Bishop. A priest who is excommunicated (formally) or who is returned to the clerical state is generally not allowed to say Mass. A priest who is suspended is often allowed to still say Mass but not publically.

Luther, again, was a willing schismatic. He remained a priest, but did not confer any authority via ordination of others (if he actually ordained anyone)as Lutheran orders are not valid.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#469638 Aug 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Still diverting.
*sighs*
Yeah.

I'm diverting.

You inject Gnosticism into my discussion with a Protestant and I'm diverting.
Human Being

Basile, LA

#469639 Aug 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
Robert,
show us where Jesus is calling Peter a Shepherd.
dicit ei iterum Simon Iohannis diligis me ait illi etiam Domine tu scis quia amo te dicit ei pasce agnos meos
Preston:

You are writing Latin. I am talking about the original Greek....

You must know that there was much difficulty in transcribing the Greek to Latin. It was the cause of much discussion....

Try and keep up young grasshopper! "Kung Fu"
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#469640 Aug 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd just settle for someone who could tell me how you got to 120, gay or not.
Acts 1:15

15 In those days Peter stood up among the believers (a group numbering about a hundred and twenty)

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#469641 Aug 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I get farther than you, who doesn't understand excommunication but presumes that I take your lecture on it.
He was automatically excommunicated for his actions.
1582 As in the case of Baptism and Confirmation this share in Christ's office is granted once for all. The sacrament of Holy Orders, like the other two, confers an indelible spiritual character and cannot be repeated or conferred temporarily.74
1583 It is true that someone validly ordained can, for grave reasons, be discharged from the obligations and functions linked to ordination, or can be forbidden to exercise them; but he cannot become a layman again in the strict sense,75 because the character imprinted by ordination is for ever. The vocation and mission received on the day of his ordination mark him permanently.
CCC
Once ordained, the "power" and ability to act as a priest cannot be removed. All priests CAN confect the Eucharist. Their authority to do so, however, comes from their Bishop. A priest who is excommunicated (formally) or who is returned to the clerical state is generally not allowed to say Mass. A priest who is suspended is often allowed to still say Mass but not publically.
Luther, again, was a willing schismatic. He remained a priest, but did not confer any authority via ordination of others (if he actually ordained anyone)as Lutheran orders are not valid.
Man-made documents (CCC) do not trump "God".

But this is the mentality that all Catholics seem to disregard, huh?

Just because a man wrote it into the rules for them to believe a certain way, a man must've disregarded "God's authority" when he wrote the rule.

I understand why you stay confused - you've placed man's importance over "God's".

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#469642 Aug 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah.
I'm diverting.
You inject Gnosticism into my discussion with a Protestant and I'm diverting.
Because Gnosticism is a viable path to salvation, whereas Catholicism and Protestantism isn't.

That is why it is "injected".

Shoot - I've supported my beliefs in many more ways than you have with yours.

a. You limit "God" - Gnosticism or myself do not.
b. You limit teachings by Jesus - Gnosticism or myself do not.
c. You utilize less than six of the original Apostles - Gnosticism or myself do not.

Looks like you are continuing to fail even after you've failed.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Canada

#469643 Aug 8, 2013
<quoted text>
I don't have one. Sorry to disappoint you.
AWWW come on ... you and others will never run out of sermons with the intent of proving to each other that you are wise and others are dumb.

Arrogance is the name of the religious game.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#469644 Aug 8, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Acts 1:15
15 In those days Peter stood up among the believers (a group numbering about a hundred and twenty)
Except the passage at issue was Luke 24.
June VanDerMark

Canada

#469645 Aug 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes he can. IMO - ever gets to get into heaven. I don't think "God" is prejudice, especially when, "nothin material can enter the kingdom of God". That would mean your life here is of no consequence for your Spirit - which supposedly 'came from God' to begin with.
Why?
You missed the point that my post was meant as sardonic humor.

June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>
By the way, can Jesus enter Christian heaven if his identification states that he is practicing ONLY Judaism???

:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

I don't put faith in ANY theology as hitting a mark of truth ... and that includes your theology.

Location hidden

#469646 Aug 8, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Its ok Preston, we all had a great time I sent you an email.
for some reason, I cant get into this Ac account. send me one at [email protected]
Dan

Omaha, NE

#469647 Aug 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Man-made documents (CCC) do not trump "God".
But this is the mentality that all Catholics seem to disregard, huh?
Just because a man wrote it into the rules for them to believe a certain way, a man must've disregarded "God's authority" when he wrote the rule.
I understand why you stay confused - you've placed man's importance over "God's".
Who said it did?

They remain priests. God's authority "wins".

I even showed you and you ignored it.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#469648 Aug 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Because Gnosticism is a viable path to salvation, whereas Catholicism and Protestantism isn't.
c. You utilize less than six of the original Apostles - Gnosticism or myself do not.
Christendom has had 2000 plus years to vet Gnosticism and it's still on the fringes.

History is the best teacher oftentimes.

Location hidden

#469649 Aug 8, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston:
You must know that there was much difficulty in transcribing the Greek to Latin. It was the cause of much discussion....
Try and keep up young grasshopper! "Kung Fu"
try this out and tell me where Jesus called Peter the Shepherd in this verse.

ercetai ihsouV kai lambanei ton arton kai didwsin autoiV kai to oyarion omoiwV
June VanDerMark

Canada

#469650 Aug 8, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston:
Catholic Jerome translated the bible into Latin with pope Damasus peering over his shoulder, making sure that every word suited popery to a T.

The "discussion" came AFTER ... when many dissenter believed that the Latin translation was blasphemy.

But the pope had all the power to pass the translation off as truth straight from the pope's favorite god.

The pope wasn't seeking truth. He was demanding obedience of his Catholic slaves.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#469651 Aug 8, 2013
<quoted text>
June will love this one.

Even the Pope doesn't declare that gnostics or protestants cannot attain salvation, but you have declared Catholicism and Protestantism as not "viable".

I'll sit back and watch you fend her off.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#469652 Aug 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
AWWW come on ... you and others will never run out of sermons with the intent of proving to each other that you are wise and others are dumb.
Arrogance is the name of the religious game.
Post #469462 sums his deal up.
June VanDerMark

Canada

#469653 Aug 8, 2013
From the book,“History of Christianity,” by Clyde L. Manschreck … comes the following ……..

A major agent of change in Western monasticism was Jerome (ca. 347—420), who successfully united the movement with scholarship and service. Although not a great theologian, his passion for asceticism, relics and pilgrimages, his credulity and superstition, and his concern for religious books projected the spirit of medievalism. An angelic vision turned Jerome away from youthful wildness and classical studies to life as a desert hermit near Antioch, where he spent several years studying “God’s books.” When he returned to Antioch, at the urging of many friends he accepted ordination as a presbyter and studied briefly in Constantinople under Gregory of Nazianzus. After the Council of Constantinople in 381 he journeyed to Rome where he served as secretary to Pope Damascus. Damascus commissioned him to make a Latin translation of the Bible, which he did, completing the New Testament between 386 and 391, and the Old in 405. This Vulgate translation encountered opposition but was gradually accepted, and in 1546 the Council of Trent made it the official Roman Catholic Bible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 11 min Ms Sassy 37,116
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 46 min Aerobatty 988,537
The American Dream is DEAD DEAD DEAD. 2 hr Fate Of The World 12
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 5 hr Johnny 12
Why is Mahattan Johnny a gay trucker 8 hr Johnny 19
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 9 hr My opinion 6,549
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 10 hr oneear69 121,925
More from around the web