Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665126 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Orthodox Christian

Ottawa, Canada

#469548 Aug 8, 2013
The True Christian Church is the Orthdodox Church.

The Roman Patriarchate was once Orthodox, alongside Jerusalem, Antioch, Alexandria, and Constantinople.

The Patriarchate of Rome split in 1054 A.D. from the Orthodox Church. From Rome split the protestants anglicans and now thousands of sects.

But the Orthodox Church is still there.

While Rome is still has apostolic succession, it is no longer seen as the Orthodox Church.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#469549 Aug 8, 2013
who="Michael"
Mary and Joseph were suppose to be Jews. Jews do NOT believe in sons of God yet their son Jesus is suppose to be the son of God, and the story goes that Mary and Joseph lived almost their entire lives as devout Jews..
........makes no common sense.

Job 1:6 Now there was a day when the SONS OF GOD came to present themselves before the LORD...

Old Testament...Jews DID believe in 'sons of God'.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#469550 Aug 8, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Dan"
Um, your passages speak of the apostles. They are the "disciples" in question here.
GIF said:
ALL THE DISCIPLES OF JESUS HAVE THE KEYS...
"Peace be unto you.
Joh 20:20 And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the DISCIPLES glad, when they saw the Lord.
Joh 20:21 Then said Jesus to THEM again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.
Joh 20:22 And when he had said this,
he breathed on them, and
saith unto them,
Receive ye the Holy Ghost:
Joh 20:23 Whose soever sins ye remit,
they are remitted unto them; and
whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.
BEST READ YOU BIBLE
The Bible said: DISCIPLES.
The 12. The Apostles. They received His authority-only them.

Jesus appeared to only them-the 12 (actually, 11).

Noted that you left out Verse 24:

24 Now Thomas (also known as Didymus[a]), one of the Twelve, was not with the disciples when Jesus came. 25 So the other disciples told him,“We have seen the Lord!”

Sorry, GIF.

I'm right and I'm not even a self-proclaimed lifelong bible scholar and preacher such as yourself.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#469551 Aug 8, 2013
Plain Jane wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did Jesus go, so that He had to leave someone else in charge of His Church?
If your claim is true, what does that say about Jesus that He oversaw such a terrible child abuse scandal?
Sorry, but I can't believe that Jesus would ever allow such events by an "only" Church.
History tells us that all Churches have faults, and that no Church has stood out in terms of morals -- especially the Roman Catholic Church.
Your last Pope resigned amid scandal. His own countrymen spoke with their feet. Bad people, or bad morals and values at the top?
Get off your moral high horse.
Heaven.

That's where Jesus went.

Thanks.
Orthodox Christian

Ottawa, Canada

#469552 Aug 8, 2013
"• If you are a Lutheran, your religion was founded by Martin Luther, an ex-monk of the Roman Catholic Church, in the year 1517.

• If you belong to the Church of England, your religion was founded by King Henry VIII in the year 1534 because the Pope would not grant him a divorce with the right to remarry.

• If you are a Presbyterian, your religion was founded by John Knox in Scotland in the year 1560.

• If you are a Congregationalist, your religion was originated by Robert Brown in Holland in 1582.

• If you are a Protestant Episcopalian, your religion was an offshoot of the Church of England, founded by Samuel Seabury, in the American colonies in the 17th century.

• If you are a Baptist, you owe the tenets of religion to John Smyth, who launched it in Amsterdam in 1606.

• If you are of the Dutch Reformed Church, you recognize Michelis Jones as founder because he originated your religion in New York

If you are a Methodist, your religion was founded by John and Charles Wesley in England in 1774.

• If you are a Mormon (Latter Day Saints), Joseph Smith started your religion in Palmyra, New York in 1829.

• If you worship with the Salvation Army, your sect began with William Booth in London in 1865.

• If you are a Christian Scientist, you look to 1879 as the year in which your religion was founded by Mary Baker Eddy.

• If you belong to one of the religious sects known as “Church of the Nazarene”,“Pentecostal Gospel”,“Holiness Church,”, or “Jehovah’s Witnesses,” your religion is one of the hundreds of new sects founded by men within the past hundred years.

If you are a Roman Catholic, your church shared the same rich apostolic and doctrinal heritage as the Orthodox Church for the first thousand years of its history since during the first millennium they were one and the same Church. Lamentably, in 1054, the Pope of Rome broke way from the other four Apostolic Sees (Patriarchates), by tampering with the original Creed of the Church, and considering himself to be the universal pastor over other Sees and infallible.

• If you are a Uniate Roman Catholic of any Eastern Rites, you had your roots in the Orthodox Church, but were forced into the Roman Catholic Church, either by financial hardship, or regional political/ ecclesiastical unrest (e.g.: Malankara Syrian Catholics), or by western colonialization (e.g.: Syro-Malabar Rite), or by military strength.

IF you are an Orthodox Christain
If you are an Orthodox Christian, you religion was founded in the year 33 by Jesus Christ, the Son of God. It has not changed since that time. Our Church is now almost 2000 years old. And it is for this reason, that Orthodoxy, the Church of the Apostles and the Fathers is considered the true “One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church.”

• This is the greatest legacy we can pass on to the young people of the new millennium!"
Orthodox Christian

Ottawa, Canada

#469553 Aug 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, actually, it says a bit more about Peter.
Christ singles him out.
You can pretend it's not there, but its there.
St. Peter does have primacy of honour and is considered 1st Among Equals with the Apostles, not Superior or Supreme among submordinates.

The Faith He Held and the Traditions of the First Church are kept without change in the Orthodox Church.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#469554 Aug 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 16 18:19.
Again.
Still.
NOT MY FAULT IF YOU DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT JESUS IS SAYING.

you are as unclear on that verse as you were when GIF posted verses from the NT book of Hebrews.

Not our fault if you are clueless about His Word. credit that to your false teachers

Location hidden

#469555 Aug 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, actually, it says a bit more about Peter.
Christ singles him out.
You can pretend it's not there, but its there.
YOU CAN PRETEND THAT IT IS IN THERE BUT IT ISNT. THE CHURCH IS BUILT ON JESUS CHRIST AND HIM CRUCIFIED.

Peter did NOTHING to give us SALVATION.

NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!

#469556 Aug 8, 2013
who="Dan"
I answered it.
I told you who got the authority, cited the conferral, and told you and cited where protestants don't believe that authority exists now. Any protestant on the board will tell you that they don't believe that apostolic authority succeeded to the present. GIF even acknowledged it to me directly-he said only God can absolve the penalty of sin for another person.
If typing "bullshite" makes you feel better, keep it up, but I responded.

GIF did not tell you that 'only God' could absolve the penalty of sin for another person.

You have been commanded to forgive those who sin against YOU. You cannot forgive those who sin against me, or anyone else. God can and does forgive all who come to Him repenting. But if YOU do not forgive those who sin against you, He will not forgive YOU.

Mat 6:12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

Mat 6:14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
Mat 6:15 BUT IF YOU FORGIVE NOT MEN THEIR TRESPASSES, NEITHER WILL YOUR FATHER FORGIVE YOUR TRESPASSES.

Location hidden

#469557 Aug 8, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:

Peter the first chosen.

NOT TRUE. A LIE FROM dust mop.

John 1:40

One of the two which heard John speak, and {followed} him, was Andrew, Simon Peter's brother.
Orthodox Christian

Ottawa, Canada

#469558 Aug 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>YOU CAN PRETEND THAT IT IS IN THERE BUT IT ISNT. THE CHURCH IS BUILT ON JESUS CHRIST AND HIM CRUCIFIED.
NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!
St. Peter did bring the faith to Rome and Antioch, where Christians were first called Christians. He also, by the Power of the Holy Spirit helped baptized over 3000 persons, according to the book of Acts and by his preaching and baptism in the Name of Jesus, many were saved.

Likewise today, the Holy Sacraments and prayers of the saints and commmunion of the saints are all a great help and great tools and vehiclces that aid us on the straighest path to Christ. Just as Noah's Ark was given to humantity to save those who were on it, so God gave us the Holy Church to sail us to Safety... to heaven.

It is Christ's will that all Christians be one again.

#469559 Aug 8, 2013
who="Plain Jane"
Where did Jesus go, so that He had to leave someone else in charge of His Church?

Get off your moral high horse.

LOL I like both those statements; especially the first one: "WHERE DID JESUS GO, SO THAT HE HAD TO LEAVE SOMEONE ELSE IN CHARGE OF HIS CHURCH? "

Jesus said, "I will NEVER leave you, nor forsake you." He said that He would send another Comforter (The Holy Spirit) to guide us and teach us. He also said, "We (He and the Holy Spirit) will come to you."

In the Upper Room they were ALL FILLED with the Holy Spirit...and "this promise is unto you, AND TO ALL THAT ARE AFAR OFF, AS MANY AS THE LORD OUR GOD SHALL CALL."

He is HERE right now. Give HIM your attention, honor and praise.
Orthodox Christian

Ottawa, Canada

#469560 Aug 8, 2013
When protestants left the Roman Catholic Church, their intention was current, but they threw out the baby with the bathwater, so to speak, instead of simply returning to the Orthodox faith.

There is a realy priesthood belonging to Christ. Christ ordained his Apostles and said to them, "whomever sins you remit they are remitted, whomever's sins you retain they are retained". St. Paul also warned very clearly, "be very careful on whom you lay hands [i.e. Ordain].

The book of acts speaks very clearly of "Episcopos, Presvyetros, and Diaconon", Bishops, priests, and deacons.

All the writings of the early Chruch show much evidence that the Church practiced sacraments and undestood the Holy Tradition and the Faith the same way apostolic Christians (Catholic and Orthodox) do today, starting with St. Polycarp (a direct student of St. John the Apostle) and those who were later acquiated with them, such as St. Ignatius, St. Ireneus etc.

The Communities of Christians living with these persons, who were very close to the teachings of the Apostles resemble very much the Orthodox Church today, whereas protestants, do not resemble them in the same fullness at all.

Unlike the Roman Church, the Orthodox Church does not accept purgatory, supremacy and infallibility of the pope, the teaching that St. Mary was born with a different nature than humanity, or the change to the Nicean Creed with respect to the Filioque, and only monks, bishops and the Patriarch, as a matter of discipline must be celebate, priests can be married, as they are with Eastern Rite Catholics.
LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#469561 Aug 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>NOT MY FAULT IF YOU DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT JESUS IS SAYING.
you are as unclear on that verse as you were when GIF posted verses from the NT book of Hebrews.
Not our fault if you are clueless about His Word. credit that to your false teachers
Hi Preston, I am having a great week, My son and his family are up from Connecticut with his wife and daughter, we celebrated 5 birthdays yesterday . It was a wild time All the kids, grand kids and great- grandkids were here, I need a bigger house.
My daughter-in-law is a wonderful girl she is Armenian, the whole family is great. I had pictures taken of the whole crew
I will put one on my Avatar so you can see it. I am a very happy blessed woman.
Patriot

Denver, CO

#469562 Aug 8, 2013
Did you know -

Hundreds of thousands of young and old alternative music fans lined up to willingly be tracked with RFID micro-chips at Lollapalooza in Chi-town in Chicago Friday...

http://beforeitsnews.com/science-and-technolo...

How many more will accept a "mark" when they can't "buy or sell" without it?

http://biblehub.com/revelation/13-17.htm

http://biblehub.com/mark/13-23.htm

http://biblehub.com/psalms/62-8.htm
Dan

Omaha, NE

#469563 Aug 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>NOT MY FAULT IF YOU DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT JESUS IS SAYING.
You're no authority on scripture.

On what basis would you call me "unclear" or "clueless"?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#469564 Aug 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>YOU CAN PRETEND THAT IT IS IN THERE BUT IT ISNT. THE CHURCH IS BUILT ON JESUS CHRIST AND HIM CRUCIFIED.
NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!
No one claimed that Peter gives us salvation.

......and I'M "clueless"?

LOL
Dan

Omaha, NE

#469565 Aug 8, 2013
who="Dan"
I answered it.
I told you who got the authority, cited the conferral, and told you and cited where protestants don't believe that authority exists now. Any protestant on the board will tell you that they don't believe that apostolic authority succeeded to the present. GIF even acknowledged it to me directly-he said only God can absolve the penalty of sin for another person.
GIF did not tell you that 'only God' could absolve the penalty of sin for another person.
You have been commanded to forgive those who sin against YOU. You cannot forgive those who sin against me, or anyone else. God can and does forgive all who come to Him repenting. But if YOU do not forgive those who sin against you, He will not forgive YOU.
Mat 6:14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
Mat 6:15 BUT IF YOU FORGIVE NOT MEN THEIR TRESPASSES, NEITHER WILL YOUR FATHER FORGIVE YOUR TRESPASSES.
What person in your church can absolve the penalty of sin for another?

That was my question. Who can absolve you of penalty for your sin against anyone else?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#469566 Aug 8, 2013
who="Dan"
I answered it.
I said "absolve the penalty", not "forgive".

Location hidden

#469567 Aug 8, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Preston, I am having a great week, My son and his family are up from Connecticut with his wife and daughter, we celebrated 5 birthdays yesterday . It was a wild time All the kids, grand kids and great- grandkids were here, I need a bigger house.
My daughter-in-law is a wonderful girl she is Armenian, the whole family is great. I had pictures taken of the whole crew
I will put one on my Avatar so you can see it. I am a very happy blessed woman.
sounds like you need a very, very big house bbut I am pleased that you enjoyed your time with all of the kids.

BTW< I posted the heart and the star. have no idea who changed them

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Things poping up while i was sitting on my dads... (Jun '11) 6 min Tramp353 83
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 9 min Glitter7145 63
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 12 min karl44 87,900
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 13 min It aint necessari... 18
China Portable LED Sign, Truck LED Display, Bus... 13 min Crush7537 2
Looking for a naughty girl. 15 min solrac 8
China Taxi Top LED Display, Bus LED Display, Tr... 17 min Catch5623 2
The Future of Politics in America 1 hr Insults Are Easier 177
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Crushy9254 284,475
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 1 hr Dolly6807 447
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Spank9090 977,198
More from around the web