Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 637082 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Perth, Australia

#469501 Aug 8, 2013
Holy scripture not say Levite is God as Creator exist.

Your real Creator exist.

Your Creator not created you for suffering no.

Your Creator is full of Mercy.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#469502 Aug 8, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Dan"
....none of which removes their human foible that they will apply to their individual reasoning as to what they believe, themselves, to be "truth". As such, it renders that "truth" to be subjective. "Truth" isn't subjective - it's not what I say it is.
And priests and pope's have no 'human foibles'? LOL
Sure they do.

They recognize it. They don't claim to be able to definitively interpret scripture personally.

Since: Sep 09

Mackenzie, Canada

#469503 Aug 8, 2013
Ridiculous theology

The idea that Jesus and Jewish apostles would support a new religion rather than trying to bring the followers of their own religion (Judaism) into LINE is beyond stupid?

Even had Jesus been real and had come to earth to correct wayward Jews ... it's common sense that he would have corrected the Jews and preached ... "In order to please Jehovah ... this is the way JUDAISM must be followed. Follow me and I will lead you home."

Mackenzie, Canada

#469504 Aug 8, 2013
Ridiculous theology

Imagine the idea that Jesus has to first become a Christian before he can become a perfected Jew.

I suggest that had Jesus lived, he would not have strayed from Judaism. He would have wanted all humanity to become Jews in the religious sense of the game ... as that is the nature of ALL religion ... "Join our cult, as it is the only one that 'makes sense.'"
Dan

Omaha, NE

#469505 Aug 8, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
***THE ROCK THE THE CHURCH IS BUILT UPON IS CHRIST JESUS...
WHERE DOES IT SAY THAT PETER HAD PREEMINENCE...
Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Mat 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
***Rom_9:33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
***1Co_10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and ==>that Rock was Christ.<==
***1Pe_2:8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence,
===> even to them which stumble at the word,
being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed. <---
QUESTION
==>WHO IS IT THAT HAS STUMBLED AT THE WORD..
BUT YOURSELVES.
ALL THE DISCIPLES OF JESUS HAVE THE KEYS...
Peace be unto you.
Joh 20:20 And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord.
Joh 20:21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.
Joh 20:22 And when he had said this,
he breathed on them, and
saith unto them,
Receive ye the Holy Ghost:
Joh 20:23 Whose soever sins ye remit,
they are remitted unto them; and
whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.
BEST READ YOU BIBLE
Um, your passages speak of the apostles. They are the "disciples" in question here.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#469506 Aug 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I answered.
The passage tells WHO received the authority. i.e. The Apostles, and only the Apostles.
The further citations I provided support my statement that protestantism eschews succession of that authority.
Protestants don't believe that the authority to bind and loose survived the last apostle. Thus, they cannot "bind and loose".
Thanks
~~~

YOU WROTE

Protestants don't believe that the authority to bind and loose survived the last apostle. Thus, they cannot "bind and loose".

SAY NOT THAT YOU KNOW ABOUT...

QUESTION

WHY DO YOU LIE...AND MAKE STATEMENTS THAT ARE NOT TRUE..

DO YOU NOT KNOW THE BIBLE SAYS...

Rev_21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and

-->all liars,<--

shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

THERE ARE APOSTLES TODAY IN THE FIVE FOLD MINISTRY OF THE TRUE CHURCH...

OR WILL YOU DENY THE SCRIPTURE AGAIN...

Eph 4:8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

Eph 4:9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?

Eph 4:10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

NOTE
Eph 4:11 ==>And he gave some,

apostles; and some,

prophets; and some,

evangelists; and

some, pastors and

teachers;
Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

Eph 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children,

tossed to and fro, and

carried about with every wind of doctrine,

by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness,

whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

Eph 4:15 But speaking the truth in love,

may grow up into him in all things,

-->which is the head, even Christ:

-->NOTE JESUS IS THE HEAD OF THE CHURCH ..NOT PETER

Mackenzie, Canada

#469507 Aug 8, 2013
The hair-flipping loud-mouth Ann Coulter preaches that Christians are "perfected" Jews.

That means that Jesus can't BE perfected, unless he first becomes a Christian.

Religion is based on idiocy.

truth

Perth, Australia

#469508 Aug 8, 2013
Then I see myself..door start opening by-themselves..not me..who..i don't know who..but i see its opening..yee church by-themselves..then i see i come front of Altar..
yee i stop on right hand side..i remember i look toward Altar..did i see someone there..no..but i fill deference..i see as flying..yee i find myself After Altar in pure white dress..yee after Altar in pure white dress..nothing on that dress simple but pure white!

yee..
Please tell me why God aloud woman after white Altar to be in white dress.
According your Levite Law who am I.

http://biblelight.net/Souls-under-altar.htm

Are you judging me..my flesh and blade which is been spill upon for you to be save..my loveones who is as it is..
I say to you..i find myself complite with soul and body and mind on Cross.
Its pain like never before not any pain i fill.
I fill my hand on that Cross..I fill my lags on that Ccross.
I fill my Crown head too..no any pain that you can discribe as alive person but to be alive...
I say to you i see book its open..with my heart soul of my souls..i hear voice how they calling name by name..who can open..who have pure heart..who can open that door..sweet Jesus ..who need most Mercy from you.
It is written
-don't make false testimony
-don't be liar
I am as I am

Please tell me what is wrote on CROSS?!
INRI

I am still alive by Mercy of Almighty.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#469509 Aug 8, 2013
Simple wrote:
<quoted text>
Delusions are not spelled facts!! Sorry Tony!
.....The earliest works on the Christian godman were simple documents designed for liturgical use only!

There is no timetable or itinerary of the "ministry" of the Christian saviour is a failure because the gospels are both inadequate and contradictory.

..... One moment Jesus is in the Decapolis, receiving word of the death of John the Baptist, the next minute he is in Phoenicia expelling demons. One moment Jesus is "transfiguring" on a mountain in Syria, the next he is pontificating in Samaria.

The figure of Jesus had no discernible features, no true biography. Don't know his date of birth. His date of death, what he looked like, or what he did for a living to support himself, merely a messanic status symbol.

.....Nowhere in the Gospels is there a genuine two-way dialogue in which the Jesus character actually responds in an authentic manner to his followers and audiences.

BUSTED!

Mackenzie, Canada

#469510 Aug 8, 2013
From the book,“The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire,” by Edward Gibbon,(Coyright 1963, by Frank C. Bourne … comes the following…….

The Gnostics blended with the faith of Christ many sublime but obscure tenets, which they derived from oriental philosophy, and even from the religion of Zoroaster, concerning the eternity of matter, the existence of the two principles, and the mysterious hierarchy of the invisible world. As soon as they launched out into the vast abyss, they delivered themselves to the guidance of disordered imagination; and as the paths of error are various and infinite, the Gnostics were imperceptibly divided into more than fifty particular sects, of whom the most celebrated appear to have been the Basilidians, the Valentinians, the Marcionites, and, in a still later period, the Manichaeaens. Each of these sects could boast of its bishops and congregations, of its doctors and martyrs; and, instead of the Four Gospels adopted by the church, the heretics produced a multitude of histories, in which the actions and discourses of Christ and his apostles were adapted to their respective tenets.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#469511 Aug 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Ridiculous theology
The idea that Jesus and Jewish apostles would support a new religion rather than trying to bring the followers of their own religion (Judaism) into LINE is beyond stupid?
Even had Jesus been real and had come to earth to correct wayward Jews ... it's common sense that he would have corrected the Jews and preached ... "In order to please Jehovah ... this is the way JUDAISM must be followed. Follow me and I will lead you home."
Mary and Joseph were suppose to be Jews. Jews do NOT believe in sons of God yet their son Jesus is suppose to be the son of God, and the story goes that Mary and Joseph lived almost their entire lives as devout Jews..

........makes no common sense.

Mackenzie, Canada

#469512 Aug 8, 2013
Those in religious cults do NOT seek truth. They claim to KNOW truth ... and that claim is based on nothing but arrogance.

And that arrogance is what keeps right-fighters fighting to defend the walls first created by the right-fighting theologians.

Mackenzie, Canada

#469513 Aug 8, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
***THE ROCK THE THE CHURCH IS BUILT UPON IS CHRIST JESUS...
You nitwit! Jews don't built "churches" ... they build synagogues.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#469514 Aug 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Ridiculous theology
Imagine the idea that Jesus has to first become a Christian before he can become a perfected Jew.
I suggest that had Jesus lived, he would not have strayed from Judaism. He would have wanted all humanity to become Jews in the religious sense of the game ... as that is the nature of ALL religion ... "Join our cult, as it is the only one that 'makes sense.'"
No one said Jesus was a Christian. He didn't worship Himself.

Inane.

Mackenzie, Canada

#469515 Aug 8, 2013
Christians continue to insult the Jews, while pretending they LOVE the one Jew they are certain will save them from hell.

It takes quite the investment in stupidity to believe that a Jew faithful to Judaism gives a rat's ass about Christians ... unless the Christians first convert to Judaism.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#469516 Aug 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ didn't see it that way.
He conferred His authority to the Apostles adn gave Peter primacy over them. All in the Bible.
all that you catholics can say, is that Peter was given the leadership over ALL of the Apostles.

YET YOU CAN AND NEVER PROVE IT.

WHY IS THAT?

If you knew what the Bible clearly shows, you like us , would never say that again.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#469517 Aug 8, 2013
FOR ALL THE CATHOLICS AND PROTESTANTS,.

http://www.alphadictionary.com/fun/kids_churc...

Peace

Location hidden

#469518 Aug 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hebrews is OT. Don't know why you'd throw that out in this instance.
He did not confer His authority unto all men.
Bible says He conferred it to the apostles.
LOL. no wonder that you believe Fables.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#469519 Aug 8, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Christ is the head of the Church, you saying Catholics believe differently is your lack of understanding.
Can you supply even one example in the early church where Rome is receiving authoritative teaching and instruction rather than consistently giving it?
Can you supply one example of a body of invisible believers voting on what the truth is the early church? One has to wonder why a letter was sent to the other churches.
One has to wonder why men were selected and taught by the Apostles. One has to wonder why Paul would tell Timothy not to ordain just anyone. One has to wonder why Hebrews says to obey those who are over you and do not give them grief for they watch over your souls and it would be unprofitable for you. One has to wonder why Paul bothered to write to the Corinthians the same Corinthians who usurped their Bishop and was rebuked by the Successor of Peter. No they didnt all have different gospels with no authority other than their personal interpretation. No there is not a single place in the bible or history that even resembles the teachings of modern day Protestants.
The bible is a biased book written for a select group of people much like the Qua'ran, the Torah, and all other religious books pumping their beliefs.

The mass of literature from this era,“aside from two forged passages in the works of a Jewish author, and two disputed passages in the works of Roman writers, there is to be found no mention of Jesus Christ.” Nor, do any of these authors make note of the disciples or apostles; increasing the embarrassment from the silence of world history concerning the foundation of Christianity.

Reason would dictate that if all the miracles which Jesus supposedly performed or surrounded him:

1. Being born of a virgin mother;

2. Three Magi following the brightest star forever to see the demigod;

3. The slaying of the innocent babies;

4. Raising the dead, healing the blind and lame;

4. Having the sky turn to blackness when Jesus died;

5. Earthquakes in the region;

6. The zombie saints coming out of their graves going to Jerusalem; and

7. The Resurrection.

Wouldn't anyone with common sense believethat world headline news events like these would have at least a small mention by at least one of the many historian and writers from that era. But, NO, they are totally silent!

.....In other words, the only information on the life of Jesus comes from Christian believers, much like Jews who get their orders from the Torah, and Islam from the Quar'an.

......devastating!

Location hidden

#469520 Aug 8, 2013
Simple wrote:
<quoted text>
Peter got out of the boat and walked on water!! When he began to sink Jesus reached out his hand and Peter had enough faith to be kept above the water by holding Jesus hand. How many steps has your faith allowed you to walk on water. When Peter denied the Lord he had the faith and love of the Lord to follow and be in the position to deny. Where were the other Apostles? People want to judge Peter on what they consider his two great losses of faith. They are rather the opposite great acts of faith that put him in more precarious positions then others dare tread. Who are we to judge Peter's faults. Can people not see that it was his great faith that put him in a place to make mistakes that others would not make as they lacked the faith to be there in the first place.
I can tell you of a better miracle than just a simple "walking on water". I can tell you of a "mustang" that was about to hit us on a wet highway, and I had time for only these words "Lord, Help" and the mustang was stopped just a few feet from killing us, and man, you should have seen the look on that drivers face.

But I have a better miracle than that even, when on 8/25/82, the Blood of Jesus washed my sins away.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 14 min Buck Crick 28,088
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 18 min Student 44,087
How common is it for a man to suck a women's toes? (Jun '12) 19 min colin 12
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 20 min Doctor Doctor 4,719
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 31 min Voyeur 53,704
Difference between white masons and black masons (Apr '08) 48 min Watching in BAF 364
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Chess Jurist 968,647
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 6 hr Paul is dead 3,593
More from around the web