Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646492 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#469442 Aug 8, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
The church wasn't established until 321 AD, centuries after the bible only 12 apostles lived and died.
Fact! From 4 BCE to 30 AD there were dozens of jewish/roman writers, scribes, statesmen, government officials, philosophers, etc. and we have not one story from any of them that a miracle man son of God named Jesus ever lived. Not one testimonial from the supposed thousands of jews who were miraclized or who followed this man as the bible ONLY! stories claim..... Nothing!
something is terribly wrong Simple!
http://www.holysmoke.org/sdhok/jesus5.htm
BUSTED!
There were actually 13 Apostles. The 13th, was "decided" upon by the remaining original 11 Apostles, after Judas died.

"Judas, who was guide to those who took Jesus... For he was numbered with us, and received his portion in this ministry... For it is written in the book of Psalms,'Let his habitation be made desolate, Let no one dwell therein', and,'Let another take his office'... So one of the men who have accompanied us during all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us, beginning from the baptism of John until the day he was taken up from us, must become with us a witness to his resurrection
—Acts 1:15-26
So, between the ascension of Christ and the day of Pentecost, the remaining apostles elected a twelfth apostle by casting lots, a traditional Israelite way to determine the Will of God.(see Proverbs 16:33) The lot fell upon Matthias."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostle_ (Christian)
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#469443 Aug 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I said "His" Church.
The operative "Him" is Christ.
He made Peter head of it on Earth.
"All authority [exousia] is "given unto me" in heaven and earth."

excusia.....authority....

power of choice, liberty of doing as one pleases

leave or permission

physical and mental power

the ability or strength with which one is endued, which he either possesses or exercises

the power of authority (influence) and of right (privilege)

the power of rule or government (the power of him whose will and commands must be submitted to by others and obeyed)

universally

authority over mankind

specifically

the power of judicial decisions

of authority to manage domestic affairs

metonymically

a thing subject to authority or rule

jurisdiction

one who possesses authority

a ruler, a human magistrate

the leading and more powerful among created beings superior to man, spiritual potentates

a sign of the husband's authority over his wife

the veil with which propriety required a women to cover herself

the sign of regal authority, a crown

God gave that authority to Jesus....*delegated authority* over heaven and earth.

There is no place anywhere that the authority of Jesus does not apply.

Jesus is the HEAD of the church (people).

NOT PETER.....
truth

Perth, Australia

#469444 Aug 8, 2013
Who can't not be deceive?!

Holy Cross!
it is written
Dan

Atlanta, GA

#469445 Aug 8, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
"to bind and loose"
- metaphor for to gather and to let go freely
- could be compared to making a package secure (bind) and then open a package (loose)
- to ensure and then to pacify
We could come up with many "plausible" explanations to what "bind and loose" actually was meant by the original author.
What do you think it represents? Especially when you delibrately state that certain individuals don't have this capacity or ability.
Please post your citation that states Protestants cannot "bind and loose".
Thanks!
Christ His conferred authority to the apostles, not to everyone.

Protestantism specifically denies the belief of apostolic succession, thus Christ's ministerial authority conferred to the Apostles expired when the last Apostle died.

This being the case, protestants cannot "bind an loose".
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#469446 Aug 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
All Christians have the ability to absolve others from the penalty of sin?
What is the man's role within the church?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#469447 Aug 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
So why does Paul consider himself chief of all sinners? Why does Paul talk about the struggle with his flesh? Because Christians still sin and you do too.
Besides...my point is that the Apostles were the same as Christians of today. Sorry you missed it.
~~~

BELIEVE WHAT YOU WILL...

I BELIEVE IN THE CLEANSING BLOOD OF JESUS...SORRY IF YOU DON'T.

i BELIEVE THE WORD OF GOD that says...

1Jn 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and

--> the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

1Jn_1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and

to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

evidently YOU DON'T BELIEVE GOD'S WORD
Dan

Atlanta, GA

#469448 Aug 8, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
"All authority [exousia] is "given unto me" in heaven and earth."
excusia.....authority....
power of choice, liberty of doing as one pleases
leave or permission
physical and mental power
the ability or strength with which one is endued, which he either possesses or exercises
the power of authority (influence) and of right (privilege)
the power of rule or government (the power of him whose will and commands must be submitted to by others and obeyed)
universally
authority over mankind
specifically
the power of judicial decisions
of authority to manage domestic affairs
metonymically
a thing subject to authority or rule
jurisdiction
one who possesses authority
a ruler, a human magistrate
the leading and more powerful among created beings superior to man, spiritual potentates
a sign of the husband's authority over his wife
the veil with which propriety required a women to cover herself
the sign of regal authority, a crown
God gave that authority to Jesus....*delegated authority* over heaven and earth.
There is no place anywhere that the authority of Jesus does not apply.
Jesus is the HEAD of the church (people).
NOT PETER.....
Peter was as Christ exercised His authority to make him head of His Church on Earth. This doesn't place Peter in primacy over Christ. Fallacy of logic on your part.
truth

Perth, Australia

#469449 Aug 8, 2013
your law is not my law..
today we have many law..

Your real Creator left law trough time and space in as well within you ..as well every element what your body need.
-who search
-who will find
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#469450 Aug 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
all Christians can perform a valid baptism upon another?

#469451 Aug 8, 2013
who="Dan"
I said "His" Church.

News flash:

The Apostle Peter has been dead for nearly 2,000 years.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#469452 Aug 8, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You first.

Do all Christians have the authority to absolve the penalty for the sins of another?
truth

Perth, Australia

#469453 Aug 8, 2013
Paul Paul Saul Saul..

Did you prosecuted me?

Who..me..but.. Who are you?
I am someone which you are prosecuted!!!
Did you?
Yes you are!
Paul Saul..please tell us .
How you become bigger then real Creator?

Who told you that you been on Cross Saul Paul?
No you are not Paul Saul you not bee on Cross.

I say to you..how its looks..complete love for you on Cross..with entire body hand legs body soul mind.

I am still alive.

What you think Paul Saul why God love me?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#469454 Aug 8, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Dan"
I said "His" Church.
News flash:
The Apostle Peter has been dead for nearly 2,000 years.
Good thing he and the other Apostles ordained others so Christ's ministerial authority would succeed them.

Since: Sep 09

Canada

#469455 Aug 8, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
MY BIBLE SAYS
Eph 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
Eph 5:7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them.
Eph 5:8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:
Eph 5:9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)
Eph 5:10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.
Eph 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
Eph 5:12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.
Eph 5:13 But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.
---
Joh 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
Joh 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
Joh 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
___
1Jn 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
I suggest that for a change you use these biblical words against your self ... rather than against others.

Now wouldn't THAT be fun for you as a home-study assignment?

:)
truth

Perth, Australia

#469456 Aug 8, 2013
o no no no

God give free Will.

Please tell me why I am wrong!

I think my God know why love exist even if I suffering.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#469457 Aug 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Peter was as Christ exercised His authority to make him head of His Church on Earth. This doesn't place Peter in primacy over Christ. Fallacy of logic on your part.
Christ represents the head of His body on earth.

Colossians 1:18

18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.

Christ directs His body.....

The head of Christ's body is in heaven and not on the earth.

No one on earth is the Head of the body, the church.

#469458 Aug 8, 2013
YOU ASK

Why does Paul talk about the struggle with his flesh...

~~~

OUR SPIRITS..have been redeemed...

but

our flesh will not be redeemed until our resurrection.

Rom 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

Rom 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit,

--> even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

#469459 Aug 8, 2013
who="Dan"
The average born again Christian was not personally selected by Christ while He was among us to be His Apostle, nor is he/she a minister nor is he/she a martyr nor has he/she been appointed personally by Christ to be head of His Church on Earth.
You asked why Peter is held in esteem in Christendom and I told you.

No Christian is called to be anything BUT an Apostle!

Heb 5:12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
Heb 5:13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
Heb 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#469460 Aug 8, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ represents the head of His body on earth.
Colossians 1:18
18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.
Christ directs His body.....
The head of Christ's body is in heaven and not on the earth.
No one on earth is the Head of the body, the church.
Christ didn't see it that way.

He conferred His authority to the Apostles adn gave Peter primacy over them. All in the Bible.

Since: Sep 09

Canada

#469461 Aug 8, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
You must stop telling people who believe in God they are silly.
You are silly.

You all position your selves as holy servants of god and point at others as servants of evil.

And the very silly part of the issue is that according to scripture the one and only god that you all believe you serve, created evil. So according to that premise ... all people whether evil or holy are serving the same supposed holy and evil god.

Silly stuff in deed!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min here 48,380
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 6 min WasteWater 2,027
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min Rosa_Winkel 971,621
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 15 min spinosaurus baryonyx 618,563
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 21 min Rosa_Winkel 445,708
Jesus and Muhammad were FRAUDS 25 min Truthiness 5
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 29 min Toby 105,567
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 281,238
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 hr Freebird USA 182,639
More from around the web