Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 690621 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#469143 Aug 7, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
There are a few people on this forum who wish to talk about the Lord, hoping to clarify some misunderstandings.
But there are many here who just want to fuss at and scold somebody. A few hope to dismiss God altogether.
I am going to find something better to do with my time.
Blessings to all of you who love the Lord AND PEOPLE. I hope that the rest of you may discover that God is GOOD, and He commands that we "do unto others as we wish them to do to us".
KayMarie
Sorry to see you go KayMarie! You have been a "breath of fresh air as a Christian" on this forum, who worships. believes and loves the Lord and sees the same in other Christians, regardless of their religious affiliation and beliefs, be it either Protestant or Catholic. Gods Blessing to you and your family!

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#469144 Aug 7, 2013
For those of you that believe in "SOLA SCRIPTURE",I'd like to bring this to your attention...

http://www.biblestudytools.com/kjva/john/21-2...

Therefore I ask is the Bible really that only source that we should use to learn Gods word?

The above scripture tells us that there were many other things that Christ did that was not put into books and that were they put into books the whole world might not hold the number of books it might require to record all that Christ did. Just food for thought folks when you debate on Sola Scriptura.

PEACE!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#469145 Aug 7, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I tell him that.....it is not worth it at all and it makes no sense to argue the same ole stuff over and over again..God Bless you Rose....
You take care too ..God bless.

It's,sad to find myself. Angry when I'm on here at times.

Think to self..are you stupid or what!!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#469146 Aug 7, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Thanx. Very compassionate of you. You are perceptive. I was getting wound up. I will take your kind advice. God less you my friend.
You also ..You guys have each other ..a blessing .
Be thankful you can talk about the matters of faith
Wit someone you're in syn c h with.

Though ..hey a little debate might get the heart started ..Lol

I don't take my advice ..But some days would love to
Throw my tablet ..it can be like banging your head.

I told SERA..this thread is civil ..compared to some !!!
headlines

AOL

#469147 Aug 7, 2013

VATICAN - ISRAEL Talks setting up 7 YR TRIB.

http://youtu.be/Qt9kEQB4ti8

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#469148 Aug 7, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The devil ALSO believes on the Lord Jesus Christ and I would doubt "very much" if the devil is saved!!!!!!....
Your pick and choose "bible verse quoting" preaching (making bible verses mean ONLY WHAT YOU WANT THEM TO MEAN" is as bogus as your editorialized Protestant ministry!!..... This is exactly why sola scriptura was NEVER believed by anyone over 300 years after the Reformation because it contradicts itself (from one bible verse to another), it is unscriptural, unhistorical. untenable and it is not taught in scripture ANYWHERE!!!...It is a 19th century,man-made doctrine of fallacies and contradictions condemned by Jesus Christ HIMSELF!!!!!..The TRUTH of the TRUE DOCTRINE and the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the bible was established by the Early Church Fathers of the Catholic Church, who compiled and formed the Canon of Scripture in 382,393 and 397 AD giving you contradicting and inconsistent "fundies" the bible which you mis-interpret, misquote and "spin" to your own demise and destruction. The TRUTH has, is and will ALWAYS remain in Jesus Christ--in and through HIS One (and ONLY one) True Apostolic Catholic Church, that formed, established and inititated in Matthew 16:31-21 (and NO other)!!!!!
~~~

What I post here is consistent with the whole Bible...froM Genesis through Revelation..

I have posted Scriptures to prove what I have posted..

On the other hand you have nothing from the Bible to

give any credibility (to substantiate) what your religious system teaches.

YOU HAVE NO FOUNDATION FOR YOUR FABLES...

1Co 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

THE BEDROCK OF MY SALVATION IS JESUS CHRIST.

YOU HAVE REJECTED THE ROCK OF OUR SALVATION

Deu 32:1 Give ear, O ye heavens, and I will speak; and hear, O earth, the words of my mouth.

Deu 32:2 My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass:

Deu 32:3 Because I will publish the name of the LORD: ascribe ye greatness unto our God.

Deu 32:4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

God as a Rock
“He is the Rock,” a Rock indeed.

If we speak of strength, lo, He is strong; if of stability,

He is the Lord, and changes not—

the Ancient of Days.

Hast not thou heard and considered this, that the Almighty faints not, and wearies not?

He holds forth Himself in such a name to His people, a ready, all-sufficient, and enduring Refuge to all that trust in Him; and

this is the foundation that the Church is built on, against which the gates of hell shall not prevail.

God’s omnipotency for defenses, His eternity, faithfulness, and unchangeableness to make that sure,

YOU HAVE CHOSEN A CORRUPTIBLE UNSTABLE MAN NAMED PETER.
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#469149 Aug 7, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~

YOU HAVE CHOSEN A CORRUPTIBLE UNSTABLE MAN NAMED PETER.
"I will give you the keys to the kingdom of Heaven. Whatever you bind on Earth shall be bound in Heaven; Whatever you loose on Earth shall be loosed in Heaven."

Do you really go by the Bible alone? I don't think you do. I think you go by whatever Christianity you hope to see....using the Bible alone. Because you blatantly ignore everything the Apostles taught their Disciples when they explained the faith that Christ taught them; and when they implemented the hierarchy Christ instructed.
266 Bishops of Rome later, Pope Francis now has the keys and you do not. Unlike our beloved Pope, you change the word of God. That is Something our Pope wouldn't dare do because he'd be ousted.
I realize, in order for you to take down the Catholic Church, you need to eliminate the authority of the Bishop of Rome. That's why your ridiculous post above trashes Saint Peter. Your opinion on the man means nothin, and God will judge you in the same way you judged Peter.

#469150 Aug 7, 2013
His mercy and goodness make a hole in that Rock to enter in,

a ready access for poor shipwrecked and broken men, who have no other refuge.

This is our Rock, on which the Church is built,

Jesus Christ is the Rock of our salvation

(1Co_10:4; And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

HEBREW

H3444
&#1497;&#1513;&#14 73;&#1493;&#1468;& #1506;&#1492;
yeshu&#770;&#8219;a &#770;h.... JESUS OUR ROCK
yesh-oo'-aw
Feminine passive participle of H3467; something saved, that is,(abstractly) deliverance; hence aid, victory, prosperity:- deliverance, health, help (-ing), salvation, save, saving (health), welfare.

___

Salvation defined IN GREEK

G4991
&#963;&#969;&#964; &#951;&#961;&#953; &#769;&#945;
so&#772;te&#772;ria
so-tay-ree'-ah
Feminine of a derivative of G4990 as (properly abstract) noun; rescue or safety (physically or morally):- deliver, health, salvation, save, saving.

______

SALVATION FURTHER DEFINED IN GREEK
G629
&#945;&#787;&#960; &#959;&#955;&#965; &#769;&#964;&#961; &#969;&#963;&#953; &#962;
apolutro&#772;sis
ap-ol-oo'-tro-sis
From a compound of G575 and G3083; (the act) ransom in full, that is,(figuratively) riddance, or (specifically) Christian salvation:- deliverance, redemption.

IF God were inaccessible in Himself—

an impregnable Rook;

how would sinners overcome and

enter into Him to be saved from wrath?

Oh, how sad is the secret reproof contained in this commendation of God!

He hath been a Rock to us, our Refuge that we fled unto, and found sure, yet have we left our Rock,
gone out from our Strength;

He offers Himself a Rock unto us—

His all-sufficiency—and yet we leave the Fountain of living waters and dig broken cisterns;
had rather choose our own broken ship to toss up and down into.

He abides forever the same; though we change, He changes not.

How may it reprove our backslidings, that we depart from our Rock, and where shall we find a refuge in the day of indignation?

Is there any created mountain, but some floods will cover? Therefore it is folly and madness to forsake this Rock.(H. Binning.)

Pro 18:10 The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.

~~~~

PETER HAS NO POWER!...TO SAVE!...

HIS BLOOD WAS TAINTED WITH THE SIN OF ADAM.

HIS SPIRIT WAS SAVED/REDEEMED AND

and He is somewhere in the dust of the earth

awaiting the redemption of his body..

As is Mary the Mother of Jesus...

Rom 8:21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

Rom 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

NOTE
Rom 8:23 And not only they,

but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit,

even ==>we ourselves groan within ourselves,

waiting for the adoption, to wit,

the redemption of our body. <==

Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Simple

United States

#469151 Aug 7, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
When Noah was told to bring all those animals into the ark,those of you that swallow the events you have been erroneously taught in your church houses,how did he get to places like South America to gather those animals. How did he get to the arctic to gather those different species of animals?
When you discuss the scriptures with me I like to make you think.
You have succeeded in making me think. I think you do know know what you are talking about. In fact I am sure you do not.

#469152 Aug 7, 2013
Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

PETER HAD NO POWER TO SAVE..

HIS POSITION/DESTINY/REWARD... IS NO DIFFERENT THAN THE OTHER APOSTLES

Mat 19:27 Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee;

what shall we have therefore?

Mat 19:28 And Jesus said unto them,

Verily I say unto you,

That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration

when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory,

ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Mat 19:29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and

shall inherit everlasting life.

Mat 19:30 But many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first.

#469153 Aug 7, 2013
266 Bishops of Rome later, Pope Francis now has the keys and you do not. Unlike our beloved Pope, you change the word of God. That is Something our Pope wouldn't dare do because he'd be ousted.

YOU SERVE YOUR POPE...

I AM A SERVANT OF GOD THROUGH JESUS CHRIST..MY SAVIOR

IF YOU THINK THAT YOUR POPE BRINGS YOU SALVATION..

HAVE AT IT....

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS IS NOT THE FIRST THAT HAVE REJECTED GOD/JESUS CHRIST...IT IS NOT ANY THING NEW

FOR OTHERS HAD TO CONTEND WITH INFIDELS SUCH AS YOUR SELVES...

Jos_24:14 Now therefore fear the LORD, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the LORD.

Jos_24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD,
choose you this day whom ye will serve;

whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood,

or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell:

but as for me and my house,

we will serve the LORD.
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#469154 Aug 7, 2013
YOU SERVE YOUR POPE...
I AM A SERVANT OF GOD THROUGH JESUS CHRIST..MY SAVIOR
IF YOU THINK THAT YOUR POPE BRINGS YOU SALVATION..
HAVE AT IT....
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS IS NOT THE FIRST THAT HAVE REJECTED GOD/JESUS CHRIST...IT IS NOT ANY THING NEW
FOR OTHERS HAD TO CONTEND WITH INFIDELS SUCH AS YOUR SELVES...
Jos_24:14 Now therefore fear the LORD, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the LORD.
Jos_24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD,
choose you this day whom ye will serve;
whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood,
or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell:
but as for me and my house,
we will serve the LORD.
The truth is protected through the Church. Its not protected by 100,000 private interpretations of sacred scripture.

If Jesus Christ let the truth be hidden until 1903 when the Welsh revival aka Pentecostal movement began, then Our Lord was a fraud. Jesus was never the Christ if your scenario was accurate.
Actually, if Jesus waited until 1550 to reveal it to Martin Luther, then He was a fraud too.

Yeah I know, you convinced yourself the Church became corrupted and murdered 500 million. That's why you feel justified in declaring yourself a pope..
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#469155 Aug 7, 2013
Mat 19:27 Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee;
Verily I say unto you,
Mat 19:29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and
When Peters ultimate test came, he was apprehended and executed for Christianity- as were the next 30 successors of the Bishop of Rome. These men died giving you a Bible just so you could turn around and stab them in the back.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#469156 Aug 7, 2013
Verily I say unto you,
Thanks,for the scripture about PETERS THRONE.

It's not here on earth NOW ..

throne in Rome dies,NOT rule over ISRAEL.

But wait..any truth to talks they are TRYING to??

Or is that just internet nonsense
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#469157 Aug 7, 2013
<quoted text>
YOU HOMOSEXUALS MAY BE FILTHY RAGS..
BUT MY BIBLE TELLS ME THAT THE BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN IS REGENERATED...
You and Gerald Gardner of the Wiccan religion were on the same page in that belief.

You believe that god curses homosexuals, and he believed that the goddess curses homosexuals.

I perceive both of you as egotistical buffoons, blathering your homophobic theologies as truths from on high.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#469158 Aug 7, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>And before I dismiss you,I'd like to bring another scripture to your attention since you trust that you are holier than everyone else...
All people who study the bible find scriptures "suitable" to put others down and their selves UP.

There is NO other reason to go to a bible.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#469159 Aug 7, 2013
It seems that within Christianity there are two hells separate from each other.

One is for anti-Catholics and the other is for anti-Protestants.

The Catholics and Protestants must split all other heretics of other religions, Atheists and Agnostics between the two hells

At least they share something.

:)
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#469160 Aug 7, 2013
Back when I still believed that a god existed and loved every body without condition, I never conjured up any images in my mind of anything OTHER than eternal bliss for everyone.

I believed that pure love could not divide and that only fear within humans on earth cause division.

Placing faith in evil, a devil and hell is what causes humans to point at others as evil-doers and their selves as holy-doers.

Such religion is NOT good for anything but causing division and animosity among believers.
truth

Perth, Australia

#469161 Aug 7, 2013
mr or mrs choro pooro
choro=its blande when you can't see or have one eye..yep
how its look poky in eye=
<^>
,^.

you are joker..one jok and 2 no

what a sham who $ham
evilllllllllllllllllllllll
darkness is there in iron gate
o really
yepppppppppppppppppppppppppppp ppppppp

is not nice someone stupid
where you touch yourself most..n..
not yet over= o revo=my revo=over who..n..no no no
i am as i am as i alwayes been remo
you liked game remi
no no no shah mat tika tak

see my words
be good
o well its deference remi then revon..no no no

o remoooooooooooooooooooooooo

you are remo
cara bara
not rava vara

remuljasu remuljasu remuljasu
ja sum ja sum..who liked say like that
e pa sum posum
pasum pesum pisumposum pusum
oces pusu dear cmok
kiss me in hand

ja ne ljubil
i neizgubil..

nightmare=8
nobody time when my father come
thief coming in night=as night-mare..
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#469162 Aug 7, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>So how does this play out in scriptures. Where do we see Peter using the keys, and how were they used. What do the scriptures tell in regards to what the keys really are?
There is ample evidence in the New Testament that Peter was first in authority among the apostles. Whenever they were named, Peter headed the list (Matt. 10:1-4, Mark 3:16-19, Luke 6:14-16, Acts 1:13); sometimes the apostles were referred to as "Peter and those who were with him" (Luke 9:32). Peter was the one who generally spoke for the apostles (Matt. 18:21, Mark 8:29, Luke 12:41, John 6:68-69), and he figured in many of the most dramatic scenes (Matt. 14:28-32, Matt. 17:24-27, Mark 10:23-28). On Pentecost it was Peter who first preached to the crowds (Acts 2:14-40), and he worked the first healing in the Church age (Acts 3:6-7). It is Peter’s faith that will strengthen his brethren (Luke 22:32) and Peter is given Christ’s flock to shepherd (John 21:17). An angel was sent to announce the resurrection to Peter (Mark 16:7), and the risen Christ first appeared to Peter (Luke 24:34). He headed the meeting that elected Matthias to replace Judas (Acts 1:13-26), and he received the first converts (Acts 2:41). He inflicted the first punishment (Acts 5:1-11), and excommunicated the first heretic (Acts 8:18-23). He led the first council in Jerusalem (Acts 15), and announced the first dogmatic decision (Acts 15:7-11). It was to Peter that the revelation came that Gentiles were to be baptized and accepted as Christians (Acts 10:46-48).

http://www.catholic.com/tracts/peter-and-the-...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 46 min Paul McCartney is... 659
Poll What's the most exotic/hottest mixed race group? (Jan '13) 1 hr Doctor REALITY 23
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 hr Quirky 42,522
Are your Topix comments helping...or hurting ot... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 4
Why it's high time to get rid of billionaires 1 hr Paul McCartney is... 65
Am I Starting To Like My Step-Cousin? 2 hr IDontWantThis 1
HOLLYWOOD striving to delete prayer from scripts 3 hr haha 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 hr Aura Mytha 989,879
More from around the web