Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 691853 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#469061 Aug 6, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So much for your theory that papal primacy was a development AFTER the schism. lol.
Go ahead, be done. Take your marbles and go home. I'll keep playing without you.
So one dude thinks the Pope is supreme so this means Papal Primacy was in development. I think the Pope is Jewish . Does this mean the Pope Jewishness Thinking is " in development"?
In development means there may more than 1 or 12.The question is 1 how many 2 in the East? 3 that were Orthodox?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#469062 Aug 6, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU WOULD SAY THAT IT HAS BEEN NEAR 2000 YEARS SINCE JESUS SPOKE OF THE PRINCE OF THIS WORLD COMING,( AND HAVING NOTHING IN HIM)..
TIME IS NOT OF ESSENCE IN GOD'S ECONOMY...
2000 YEARS IS JUST MOMENTS TO GOD.... FIGURE IT OUT FOR YOUR SELF.
2Pe_3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
ALL THIS HAS COME INTO MOTION WHEN JESUS THE STAR OF TH DRAMA...
HAS BEEN SET ASIDE...AND
THE SUPPORTING ACTORS AND PROPS OF THE STAGE IN THEWHOLE DRAMA ARE BEING WORSHIPED.
IT SUPPOSED TO BE ALL ABOUT JESUS..
1Co 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
1Co 1:28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
1Co 1:29 ==> That no flesh should glory in his presence. <==
1Co 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
1Co 1:31 That, according as it is written,
He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.
You certainly can't be referring to the Catholic Church because only worship of God in the Blessed Trinity is permitted.

Maybe you're referring to self anointed preachers who think they've been called and speak for God while they worship their paper and ink bibles?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#469063 Aug 6, 2013
StarC wrote:
The Catholic Church is the Mystical Body of Christ
by Fr. William G. Most
Speaking of full membership in the Church, Pius XII, in his Encyclical on the Mystical Body, said it is the society of those who have been baptized, and who profess the faith of Christ, and who are governed by their bishops under the visible head, the Pope, the Bishop of Rome.
THE CATHOLIC CHURCH..
The Church came into being when Christ died on the
Cross, but it was formally inaugurated on
Pentecost, when He sent the Holy Spirit as He had
promised. St. Paul speaks of all Christians as
members of Christ, so that with Him, they form one
Mystical Body (Cf. 1 Cor 12:12-31; Col 1:18;
2:18-20; Eph. 1:22-23; 3:19; 4:13). St. Paul did not use the word Mystical. It was developed more recently to bring out the fact that this union is unique, there is no parallel to it. It is not the same as the union of a physical body, nor that of a business corporation.
The Church, the Mystical Body, exists on this earth, and is called the Church militant, because its members struggle against the world, the flesh and the devil. The Church triumphant is the Church in heaven. The unity and cooperation of the members of the Church on earth, in Heaven is also called the Communion of Saints. When St. Paul uses the word "Saints" in opening an Epistle, he does not mean they are morally perfect. He has in mind Hebrew qadosh, which means set aside for God, or coming under the covenant. Being such means of course they are called to moral perfection. But of course, not all have reached it in this world.
http://www.ewtn.com
"The Catholic Church is the Mystical Body of Christ
by Fr. William G. Most"

There is as much support for the following as there is for this trash by Most....

Pigs do fly......
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#469064 Aug 6, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
" and I will give to thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."
"Jesus said to him, Feed my sheep"
For all the railing by both Greek and Russian Orthodox patriarchs against

"Vaticanism" and "a single organizational structure" marking the visible

Unity of the Church, there remains the verdict made in 1967 by Fr. Robert

A. Taft, S.J., the leading scholar on the majestic Byzantine Greek Liturgy

of St. John Chrysostom used in all the Greco-Slav Orthodox Churches:

"There is ‘de facto’ no Magisterium in Orthodoxy today... A lamentable

anarchy pervades the organization and theology of modern Orthodoxy."

(Diaconia, vol 2, no. 3)

Theodore Abu Qurrah, a Syrian Catholic bishop (died c. 820 A.D.), one of the first Christian theologians to write in Arabic as well as in Greek, and who deserves to be better known to Catholic apologists.

"You should understand that the head of the Apostles was St. Peter, to whom Christ said,‘You are the rock; and on this rock I shall build my church, and the gates of hell will not overcome it.’ After his resurrection, he also said to him three times, while on the shore of the sea of Tiberius,‘Simon, do you love me? Feed my lambs, rams and ewes.’ In another passage, he said to him,‘Simon, Satan will ask to sift you like wheat, and I prayed that you not lose your faith; but you, at that time, have compassion on your brethren and strengthen them.’ Do you not see that St. Peter is the foundation of the church, selected to shepherd it, that those who believe in his faith will never lose their faith, and that he was ordered to have compassion on his brethren and to strengthen them? As for Christ’s words,‘I have prayed for you, that you not lose your faith; but you, have compassion on your brethren, at that time, and strengthen them’, we do not think that he meant St. Peter himself. Rather, he meant nothing more than the holders of the seat of St. Peter, that is, Rome. Just as when he said to the apostles,‘I am with you always, until the end of the age’, he did not mean just the apostles themselves, but also those who would be in charge of their seats and their flocks; in the same way, when he spoke his last words to St. Peter,‘Have compassion, at that time, and strengthen your brethren; and your faith will not be lost’, he meant by this nothing other than the holders of his seat.

Yet another indication of this is the fact that among the apostles it was St. Peter alone who lost his faith and denied Christ, which Christ may have allowed to happen to Peter so as to teach us that it was not Peter that he meant by these words. Moreover, we know of no apostle who fell and needed St. Peter to strengthen him. If someone says that Christ meant by these words only St. Peter himself, this person causes the church to lack someone to strengthen it after the death of St. Peter. How could this happen, especially when we see all the sifting of the church that came from Satan after the apostles’ death? All of this indicates that Christ did not mean them by these words. Indeed, everyone knows that the heretics attacked the church only after the death of the apostles – Paul of Samosata, Arius, Macedonius, Eunomius, Sabelllius, Apollinaris, Origen, and others. If he meant by these words in the gospel only St. Peter, the church would have been deprived of comfort and would have had no one to deliver her from those heretics, whose heresies are truly ‘the gates of hell’, which Christ said would not overcome the church. Accordingly, there is no doubt that he meant by these words nothing other than the holders of the seat of St. Peter, who have continually strengthened their brethren and will not cease to do so as long as this present age lasts." (pp. 68-69)
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#469065 Aug 6, 2013
In another tract "On the Death of Christ", our Syrian theologian transmits the orthodox tradition concerning the relationship of the Popes’ Petrine Primacy to the first six Ecumenical Councils held in the First Millennium of the Church’s history:

"As for us, through the grace of the Holy Spirit, our sole goal is to build ourselves on the foundation of St. Peter, he who directed the six holy councils. These councils were gathered by command of the Bishop of Rome, the city of the world. Whoever sits on that city’s throne is authorized by Christ to have compassion on the people of the church, by summoning the ecumenical council, and to strengthen them, even as we have demonstrated in other places. We ask Christ to confirm us in this forever, that we might inherit through it his kingdom, in that we have joined with it the doing of his commandments. To him be praise, along with the Father and the Holy Spirit, forever and forever." (p. 128)
The above constitute an extraordinary witness to the place of the See of Peter in the Church by an Eastern bishop long before Byzantine Greeks began to waver in their allegiance to the Pope whom many times before they had acknowledged to be the heir of Peter’s Primacy in the Church and as "head of all the churches" of the Catholic communion. They give the lie to all those who claim that pre-Schism Eastern theologians only admitted a vague "primacy of honor" to the visible head of the Church Militant.

http://credo.stormloader.com/Ecumenic/theodor...

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#469066 Aug 6, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>So one dude thinks the Pope is supreme so this means Papal Primacy was in development. I think the Pope is Jewish . Does this mean the Pope Jewishness Thinking is " in development"?
In development means there may more than 1 or 12.The question is 1 how many 2 in the East? 3 that were Orthodox?
That "dude" is venerated as a saint in the east. Go ahead, pick up your marbles and go home....
youtubeNews

AOL

#469067 Aug 6, 2013
.

ISRAEL to give POPE "Custody" of Temple Mount --

http://youtu.be/Qt9kEQB4ti8

.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#469068 Aug 6, 2013
who="RoSesz"
In the bible aren't thrones here to be JESUS and the twenty four elders.
Peter being one ..isn't his throne still in heaven .
Or did I read it wrong ..
Apostles, 12
Sons,of Israel 12
Jesus on David's throne ..

**********

The Apostle's names will be on the 12 gates of the New Jerusalem. The names of the 12 tribes of Israel will be on the foundations of that city.

God sits on the throne in heaven, with Jesus beside Him.

KayMarie
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#469069 Aug 6, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
jesus gave the same authority to all His desciples
Joh 20:19 Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
Joh 20:20 And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord.
Joh 20:21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.
Joh 20:22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:
Joh 20:23 ==>Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained. <==
None other than St. Peter were given the keys. See Isaiah 22.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#469070 Aug 6, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
IN THE MILLENNIUM JESUS WILL REIGN..
Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Isa 9:7 ==> Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end,
upon the throne of David, and
upon his kingdom, to order it, and
to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever.
The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.
THE 12 APOSTLES WILL RULE THE 12 TRIBES OF Israel
Mat_19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
THOSE THAT HAVE BEEN CAUGHT AWAY IN THE BRIDE WILL REIGN WITH JESUS AS KING AND PRIEST
Rev_20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
Ok thanks ..think I had the foundation or gates...tribes.. mixed up with thrones.
And elders .

But PETERS throne is stillnreserved for Peter himself. And is NOT HERE YET ..until Jesus sit's on David's throne

Right??

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#469071 Aug 6, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
" and I will give to thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."
"Jesus said to him, Feed my sheep"
NABre.....pope approved Catholic Bible...

Of the several meanings given there to the metaphor, two are of special importance here: the giving of authoritative teaching, and the lifting or imposing of the ban of excommunication. It is disputed whether the image of the keys and that of binding and loosing are different metaphors meaning the same thing. In any case, the promise of the keys is given to Peter alone.

Note: image of the keys...image:A mental picture of something not real or present.

metaphor: A figure of speech in which a word or phrase that ordinarily designates one thing is used to designate another, thus making an implicit comparison, as in "a sea of troubles" or "All the world's a stage" (Shakespeare).

Note: A figure of speech.....
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#469072 Aug 6, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I already posted on this. Ketchup
So you were LOLing at your own question of whether he was pre or post-schism. Okie dokie.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#469073 Aug 6, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
jesus gave the same authority to all His desciples
Joh 20:19 Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
Joh 20:20 And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord.
Joh 20:21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.
Joh 20:22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:
Joh 20:23 ==>Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained. <==
Peter "the stone" WAS NO different from the rest of the apostles...

___

JESUS SAID

Mat 23:8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

Mat 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

Mat 23:10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

Mat 23:11 ==> But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.

Mat 23:12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted. <==

___

Luk 22:25 And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors.

Luk 22:26 But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve.

Luk 22:27 For whether is greater, he that sitteth at meat, or he that serveth? is not he that sitteth at meat? but I am among you as he that serveth.

Luk 22:28 Ye are they which have continued with me in my temptations.

Luk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

Luk 22:30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

~~~~~~`

TRUE TO THE WORDS OF JESUS ABOVE THE (GENTILE) ROMAN CATHOLIC HAS FULFILLED HIS WORD HERE HERE

Luk 22:25 And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors.

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS APPOINTED THE POPE AS A BENEFACTOR

ABOUT PETER

Jesus called him...

Joh_1:42 And he brought him to Jesus. And when Jesus beheld him/PETER, he said,

Thou art Simon the son of Jona:

thou shalt be called Cephas, which is by interpretation,

A stone.

NOT THE STONE...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#469074 Aug 6, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
" and I will give to thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."
"Jesus said to him, Feed my sheep"
Some persons have argued from these words of our Saviour, in favour of the supremacy of St. Peter above the rest of the Apostles. But such an opinion is altogether groundless. For, if our Lord used these words with a view of commanding St. Peter to feed all his sheep and lambs without any exception, it is certain that he was wanting in his duty, for he never exercised any acts of supremacy over the rest of the Apostles; on the contrary, when sent by them, he obeyed, Ac 8:14; and, when reproved by St. Paul, he held his peace; and was so far from feeding all the sheep of Christ, that he never fed any of the province of St. Paul.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#469075 Aug 6, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
In another tract "On the Death of Christ", our Syrian theologian transmits the orthodox tradition concerning the relationship of the Popes’ Petrine Primacy to the first six Ecumenical Councils held in the First Millennium of the Church’s history:
"As for us, through the grace of the Holy Spirit, our sole goal is to build ourselves on the foundation of St. Peter, he who directed the six holy councils. These councils were gathered by command of the Bishop of Rome, the city of the world. Whoever sits on that city’s throne is authorized by Christ to have compassion on the people of the church, by summoning the ecumenical council, and to strengthen them, even as we have demonstrated in other places. We ask Christ to confirm us in this forever, that we might inherit through it his kingdom, in that we have joined with it the doing of his commandments. To him be praise, along with the Father and the Holy Spirit, forever and forever." (p. 128)
The above constitute an extraordinary witness to the place of the See of Peter in the Church by an Eastern bishop long before Byzantine Greeks began to waver in their allegiance to the Pope whom many times before they had acknowledged to be the heir of Peter’s Primacy in the Church and as "head of all the churches" of the Catholic communion. They give the lie to all those who claim that pre-Schism Eastern theologians only admitted a vague "primacy of honor" to the visible head of the Church Militant.
http://credo.stormloader.com/Ecumenic/theodor...
Unfortunately he was just another sympathizer who was out of touch with REAL orthodoxy...lol.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#469076 Aug 6, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Peter "the stone" WAS NO different from the rest of the apostles...
___
JESUS SAID
Mat 23:8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.
Mat 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.
Mat 23:10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.
Mat 23:11 ==> But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.
Mat 23:12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted. <==
___
Luk 22:25 And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors.
Luk 22:26 But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve.
Luk 22:27 For whether is greater, he that sitteth at meat, or he that serveth? is not he that sitteth at meat? but I am among you as he that serveth.
Luk 22:28 Ye are they which have continued with me in my temptations.
Luk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
Luk 22:30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
~~~~~~`
TRUE TO THE WORDS OF JESUS ABOVE THE (GENTILE) ROMAN CATHOLIC HAS FULFILLED HIS WORD HERE HERE
Luk 22:25 And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors.
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS APPOINTED THE POPE AS A BENEFACTOR
ABOUT PETER
Jesus called him...
Joh_1:42 And he brought him to Jesus. And when Jesus beheld him/PETER, he said,
Thou art Simon the son of Jona:
thou shalt be called Cephas, which is by interpretation,
A stone.
NOT THE STONE...
None of these verses cancel out Matt. 16. Sorry

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#469077 Aug 6, 2013
There are a few people on this forum who wish to talk about the Lord, hoping to clarify some misunderstandings.

But there are many here who just want to fuss at and scold somebody. A few hope to dismiss God altogether.

I am going to find something better to do with my time.

Blessings to all of you who love the Lord AND PEOPLE. I hope that the rest of you may discover that God is GOOD, and He commands that we "do unto others as we wish them to do to us".

KayMarie

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#469078 Aug 6, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
None other than St. Peter were given the keys. See Isaiah 22.
look at the cross reference.

And {the key of the house of David} will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.

Revelation 3:7
"To the angel of the church in Philadelphia write: These are the words of {him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David.} What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open.

sorry, Anthony, but in this cross reference we find that the angel is talking about Jesus Christ, NOT PETER!!!

BOTH VERSES ARE SPEAKING OF JESUS.

Is. had never even heard of Peter back then, but he knew Jesus.

try using some common sense once in awhile!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#469079 Aug 6, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
If he spoke that way and wasn't a heretic pre-schism, why would those who spoke this way post-schism be considered heretics by you easterners?
Ok on a different note.

Just had a Catholic post that a priest invented the BIG BABNG THEORY .

IS THAT TRUE ???

And I'm nit making that up

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#469080 Aug 6, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
None other than St. Peter were given the keys. See Isaiah 22.
IS THIS SUPPOSED TO BE THE POPE...

Isa 22:25 In that day, saith the LORD of hosts, shall the nail that is fastened in the sure place be removed, and be cut down, and fall; and the burden that was upon it shall be cut off: for the LORD hath spoken it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 min Trump Whines 45,694
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 59 min el rey de los cam... 8,526
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 1 hr el rey de los cam... 385
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Robert F 990,673
Mista Shrink Doo Doo Bwain! 8 hr Doctor REALITY 2
mamba......... 8 hr Doctor REALITY 3
Is it fine watching porn with family members?? (Dec '09) 14 hr Doctor REALITY 8
More from around the web