Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 568,415
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#468761 Aug 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you see how you use your religion to try to harm others who will not bend to joining your cult???
That has been the way the game was played when Catholics and Protestants burned others at the stake for not following their commands of "truth" that they claimed came from the same god.
You will wake out of your slumber ONLY when you so choose.
The onus is on YOU!.
I have not harmed anyone....

I have not asked anyone to join me.....I leave the calling up to God....

The Word of God is the Word of God....it has not changed and it will not change.....

You will either accept it and obey it or you will not accept it and will not obey it.....this is why God gives you free will....in which you will also be held responsible....and it doesn't look that you believe that you will be held responsible....

Time is getting short.....

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#468762 Aug 5, 2013
Most all religion teaches that non-human animals are not connected to the spirit of god as are humans.

How arrogant of theologians to down-grade other animals in order to make humans appear as special.

Such arrogance has no boundaries. It is stuck in bondage to itself.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#468763 Aug 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It's NOT an answer. It's simply YOUR concept.
The word sin at one time was from archery, and it meant to the archers that with their arrow, they either had a hit on target or a sin which meant missing the target.
It had nothing to do with sin offending a god. That terminology came into religion FROM archery and was USED by theologians for their own profits.
LOL.....

Oh boy...I will leave this one up to Preston.....

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

New Year

#468764 Aug 5, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholism did nothing for them so they searched other things.
only an opinion..they have been under the thumb of their priests, fir centuries..with evil curses,
I'm sure it was hard for them to become true believers,in Christ .
So they mixed them together .
Poor misled people
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#468765 Aug 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Which spirit? The one that loves only those in your Christian denomination?
:)
You wrote:

Which spirit?

Hmmmmmmmmmm.........

There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Terrace, Canada

#468766 Aug 5, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
And. it is my guess that you do not think that God wanted us to know the TRUTH?
How many times do I have to inform you that I no longer believe in the existence of a god before you GET it???

My "concept" is that maybe the universe always existed and that means to me that there IF that is true, there is no need for a god in my picture "frame."

Now please don't go on a rampage suggesting that I claim to know truth. Concept is NOT claiming to know truth. It is simply tossing about different opinions in wonder of the mystery of it all.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#468767 Aug 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It's NOT an answer. It's simply YOUR concept.
The word sin at one time was from archery, and it meant to the archers that with their arrow, they either had a hit on target or a sin which meant missing the target.
It had nothing to do with sin offending a god. That terminology came into religion FROM archery and was USED by theologians for their own profits.
tho the same Greek word is the same, that doesn't bother me for one very SIMPLE reason. the OT was written in Hebrew and sin was vey well known to have existed in times before the Greek Empire.

in fact there are many verbs and nouns used to describe sins and transgressions in the OT, none are used in connection with archery.

not even a nice try to discredit the Word of God.

sin is NOT just missing the mark(being close), since missing Heaven takes more effort than just "coming close", even tho ONE sin will keep you out of Heaven, that ONE sin has more implications than just ONE little act. and Jesus clarified it very clearly when He showed that ONLY TWO SINS were in clear violation of ALL OF THE LAWS.

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

New Year

#468768 Aug 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is you guys do a terrible job of presenting your side. You leave allot of room for someone to scratch their head and ultimately stay in Atheism. Evangelicals require people to submit to ignorance and forgo reason and logic. That's why its fairly easy for Atheist to refute any argument you've got. A person committed to science, reason and logic would never see things your way..
You know, bludgeoning people with Bible verses does nothing to help your cause.
As far as June goes, I highly doubt anything would convince her to convert. But she has every right to refute your misuse of sacred scripture too.
Maybe you should find another tactic instead of whipping around scripture verses, hoping they'll apply to your argument.
Heck, half the time the verses you use could more accurately describe the Evangelical churches. You think you're safe because you first announced the verse is about the 'Roman Catholic Church', so therefore- since you said it was - it must be!
I personally think your sinning by using the word of God like that. But you've been told this before, and it doesn't do any good. So have at it.
I disagree buy that's,ok

Thing is,I haven't seen any of her posts to and from.Catholics making an impression either ..quite the contrary ..

Terrace, Canada

#468769 Aug 5, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
only an opinion..they have been under the thumb of their priests, fir centuries..with evil curses,
Catholics are held in bondage under words written by Catholic theologians, and you are held in bondage under words written by Protestant theologians.

Terrace, Canada

#468770 Aug 5, 2013
Theologians were and are prophets for profits.

Terrace, Canada

#468771 Aug 5, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>tho the same Greek word is the same, that doesn't bother me for one very SIMPLE reason. the OT was written in Hebrew and sin was vey well known to have existed in times before the Greek Empire.
in fact there are many verbs and nouns used to describe sins and transgressions in the OT, none are used in connection with archery.
not even a nice try to discredit the Word of God.
sin is NOT just missing the mark(being close), since missing Heaven takes more effort than just "coming close", even tho ONE sin will keep you out of Heaven, that ONE sin has more implications than just ONE little act. and Jesus clarified it very clearly when He showed that ONLY TWO SINS were in clear violation of ALL OF THE LAWS.
The word sin was taken from another source to imply that a god was offended by human beliefs and actions.

THAT was just one lie piled on top of a high heap of lies, and you are playing into the lies with your own added lies ... and all for that one word ... salvation of your Protestant self.

You could care less about your images of Muslim children spending eternity in hell simply because they are not Christian. You are a heartless beast indeed!!!

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#468772 Aug 5, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
God LOVES everyone.....
How is letting a 13-yr old girl get rapped by 13 men, showing "He" loves?
http://www.examiner.com/article/more-than-a-d...

--OR--

Allowing a 10 year old girl to freeze to death on Christmas?
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/archive/NAT...

One would think that a loving god would have eliminated these horrendous acts before they even could occur.
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>God DOES NOT LOVE SIN.....
You don't know this, so please don't make a false claim and try to mislead others.

I've already proven with the articles above, that "God" does allow people to die, when "He" could have stopped them.

Your "God" love to see sins happen - namely getting killed and then allow people to take the blame for his "not" doing.
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>If you are under the BONDAGE OF SIN, you CAN NOT/WILL NOT have any relationship with God.....
Knowing the Word of God and having spiritual understanding....
I'm not under the bondage of sin, and I have a relationship with Jesus and "God". So - what is your point?

Are you jealous that you can't achieve this success?

Albuquerque, NM

#468773 Aug 5, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Is everyone worthy of God’s grace IF they are in the right relationship with God?
"IF"?

What? You aren't sure now?

Make up our minds, for "God's" sake!!

:o)

Albuquerque, NM

#468774 Aug 5, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Is everyone worthy of God’s grace IF they are in the right relationship with God?
Do you believe the Pope is infallible?

Location hidden

#468775 Aug 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The word sin was taken from another source to imply that a god was offended by human beliefs and actions.
THAT was just one lie piled on top of a high heap of lies, and you are playing into the lies with your own added lies ... and all for that one word ... salvation of your Protestant self.
You could care less about your images of Muslim children spending eternity in hell simply because they are not Christian. You are a heartless beast indeed!!!
there are TWO greek words that you feel are being used in the NT, and Paul uses those words in 1 Cor. and they are in reference to "fleeing fornication" in those two verses.

so now we see you "backing up" when I showed that you are mistranslating His Word..

so what other "source" are you implying this time?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#468776 Aug 5, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>LOL< who made me your Bible teacher?
you gots it backwards, ole coot.
The "foot in mouth" mode you stay in is very becoming to you!!!!!

Albuquerque, NM

#468777 Aug 5, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Billy Graham is a false teacher.....
To know the Word of God is to know who the false teachers are....
Please post all false teachers.

Unless you do not "know the Word of God".

Hmmmm....you are starting to sound spurious.

Albuquerque, NM

#468778 Aug 5, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Time is getting short.....
...for what?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#468779 Aug 5, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"It is impossible to deny that, even before the appearance of local primacies, the Church from the first days of her existence possessed an ecumenical center of unity and agreement. In the apostolic and Judeo-Christian period, it was the Church of Jerusalem, and later the Church of Rome – presiding in agape, according to St. Ignatius of Antioch. This formula and the definition of the universal primacy contained in it have been aptly analyzed by Fr Afanassieff and we need not repeat his argument here. Neither can we quote here all testimonies of the fathers and the councils unanimously acknowledging Rome as the senior church and the center of ecumenical agreement. It is only for the sake of biased polemics that one can ignore these testimonies, their consensus and significance."
Alexander Schmemann, prominent 20th century Orthodox Christian priest, teacher, and writer.
"The doctrine of the primacy of the Roman Bishops, like other Church teachings and instructions, has gone through a development. Thus the establishment of the primacy recorded in the Gospels has been gradually more clearly recognized and its implications developed. Clear recognition of the consciousness of the Primacy of the Roman Bishops, and of the recognition of the Primacy by the other churches appear at the end of the 1st century…St. Ignatius elevated the Roman community over all the communities using in his epistle a solemn form of address. Twice he says of it that it is the presiding community, which expresses a relationship of superiority and inferiority."
Ludwig Ott, Catholic theologian and Medievalist
=========

"PRESIDING IN AGAPE"- Agape- in love. PRIMACY OF HONOR not Authority. That's already conceded.What is not conceded is that this primacy of love of honor, involved any Authority beyond the Western See.

Writers such as Nicholas Afanassieff and Alexander Schmemann have declared that the phrase "presiding in agape", used of the Church of Rome in the letter that Ignatius of Antioch addressed to it in the first years of the 2nd century, contains a definition of that Church's universal primacy;but the Roman Catholic writer Klaus Schatz warns that it would be wrong to read as statements of the developed Roman Catholic teaching on papal primacy this letter and the even earlier First Epistle of Clement (the name of Clement was added only later), in which the Church of Rome intervenes in matters of the Church of Corinth, admonishing it in authoritative tones, even speaking in the name of God.

It was only later that the expression of Saint Ignatius could be interpreted as meaning, as agreed by representatives of both the Roman Catholic and the Eastern Orthodox Churches, that "Rome, as the Church that 'presides in love' according to the phrase of St Ignatius of Antioch (To the Romans, Prologue), occupied the first place in the taxis, and that the bishop of Rome was therefore the protos among the patriarchs".

For Ignatius each church under a bishop is complete – the original meaning of "catholic". For Ignatius the church is a world-wide unity of many communities. Each has at its center a bishop "who draws together the local community in the Eucharistic celebration."This then is the unity of the church – each church united to its bishop -each of these churches united to each other.

There is no evidence of him accepting a single supreme bishop-of-bishops as the bishops authority is localised to a particular church.[14]

"Just as the Father is the principal of unity within the Holy Trinity, so the bishop is the center of the visible unity of the Church on earth."[15]
Ignatius sets out what he believes consists of the church in an epistle to the Trallians;

There is no reference to another tier above bishop. For Ignatius, the bishop is supreme, not the bishop because he is in communion with the bishop in Rome.[17][18][19][20][21]

The first bishop to claim primacy in writing was Pope Stephen I (254-257)
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#468780 Aug 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston's answer went right over your head.....

Who says Muslin children are spending eternity in hell.....are children capable of KNOWING what sin is? Don't the children have to HEAR the Word of God and be taught?

If anyone has OBEYED the Gospel of Christ and have stayed faithful until the end, how can they end up in hell?

Aren't we capable of REPENTING? Sin is what separates us from God....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 min Clearwater 796,230
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 19 min Shlomo Soahstein 512
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 20 min Rick in Kansas 267,547
Is colin powell a traitor??? (Oct '08) 30 min swedenforever 535
Keystone pipeline wins Senate vote in victory f... 39 min TeaBagging for Am... 6
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 56 min Grunt56 221,549
Bush, First Lady Lay Wreaths At Ground Zero (Sep '06) 1 hr swedenforever 64
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 hr truth 607,250
Scientific proof for God's existence 6 hr Make World peace ... 617
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 6 hr Ntakudyaunya 12
More from around the web