Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683544 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#468994 Aug 6, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
Lol
Since I never made the statement, "According to you his "love" is only for you and other Catholics.", I deny making it, and I deny that it is true in any sense.
As for the question, "
Why are you a Catholic rather than a Protestant Robert???

:)
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#468995 Aug 6, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
He is more of a man than I could ever be. I am but a worm and coward, so I can't answer your question.
So god is more of a man than you??? WOW ... now coming from you and going to the god of the Jews ... that IS a compliment to the god! Hahahahaha

You might be a worm and a coward ... but still ... in order to believe you are saved, you have to believe you are a HOLY worm and a HOLY coward.

And there is much to be said about that issue ... or NOT.

June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#468996 Aug 6, 2013
I figure that before theologians put words in the mouths of gods, to be credible, those theologians had to first prove that they saw the gods with their own human eyes ... and witnessed their mouths move. And as we all know ... that is not possible.

It was not by chance that all things in religion were and are invisible.

"Watch my mouth" said the theologian. You can count on me to tell you the truth. Trust in ME, and I will speak on behalf of the god that speaks TO ME. You are too dumb to have a god speak directly to you."

To claim that spirit and soul exist in the sense of linking to gods, was and is the theologians' claim to fame.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#468997 Aug 6, 2013
Thomas Jefferson made it plain that although he never met "Jesus" personally ... he KNEW from studying the bible what Jesus would and would not have said to others.

Such blatant arrogance is often perceived by such preachers as truth ... when from my perspective, it is nothing more than bloated egotistical blather, spewing from the mouths or pens of mortal human animals.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#468998 Aug 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Not if you're in the lead.
I'd rather follow a chimpanzee, as he/she would comprehend that the real story of animals is all about survival of the fittest on earth.
I doubt that the chimpanzee worries about leading other chimps in how to attain a holy afterlife.
*removes the leash, throws it to the ground*

Then lead yourself!!

:o)
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#468999 Aug 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
A seed may take years yo come to fruit ..But when the Spirit calls its time to answer .
There is head knowledge ..And that which your spirit answers the Spirit
RoSesz:

Its the right conditions that God makes in our lives, which allows to sprout....I have awaiting me the questions of balance between God's Grace and the Human Will. A most difficult subject, with nearly two thousand years of trying to fathom it. I know, I shall not. But perhaps a glimpse is all I need for now.

I consider that the Christian must be whole, that is mind, body, and spirit. A rather quant holistic approach, but it works for me....
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#469000 Aug 6, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
*removes the leash, throws it to the ground*
Then lead yourself!!
GEE ... thanks!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#469001 Aug 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
GEE ... thanks!
You are welcome.

*reattaches the leash to you and then connects it to his pet chimpanzee*

He's supposed to be back to Beiber by 5pm today, so let's make it a quick jaunt!

Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#469002 Aug 6, 2013
All the texts we have are "manufactured" by men. You'll have to provide evidence and support for your claim the Bible was "God" inspired and no other texts were involved with this inspiration.
Please post the specific statement by "God" that shows that the only texts "He" inspired exist only in the accepted canon.
<quoted text>
Please stop projecting.
My life is not an illusion. The only thing that is, are the words men have placed in front of me, and for what I am to believe.
I'm like Jethro8 in many regards, I live in the reality we have present, some fantasy.
Christianity and other organized religions flips the fantasy around to what they to believe.
<quoted text>
New Age Spiritual Leader:

You now profess a certain "reality", and life is not an illusion, but this directly conflicts with your writings. So it is hard to narrow and address my response.

Of the little that I know, it sounds like you are saying you are a product of the Age in which we live.(And we are all influenced by it of course.) I have as of late been hearing a bit on the subject, and you are ripe within the concept of consequentialism. You might consider further investigation on the subject.

What I question is that Gnosticism is contrary to orthodox Christianity. And your "questions" to unsuspecting Protestants, does not include this bit of information. So I ask myself, "Why?"

Two solutions: Either you know, or you don't know this information. And if you do know, then you are avoiding disclosure.....

You just want some more to do the Hokey Pokey.(smiles)
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#469003 Aug 6, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
RoSesz:
Its the right conditions that God makes in our lives, which allows to sprout
god sprouted worminess and cowardice in you and you are PROUD???

How did you manage to sprout from Protestantism, to Catholicism, to flirt with Buddhism ... then to Atheism and back to Catholicism without bending your sprout mechanism completely out of shape?

By the way ... are you finished sprouting, or is it possible that you will sprout Protestant wings once again before you fly off to wherever your hot air takes you?
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#469004 Aug 6, 2013
<quoted text>
You are welcome.
*reattaches the leash to you and then connects it to his pet chimpanzee*
He's supposed to be back to Beiber by 5pm today, so let's make it a quick jaunt!
Chimps are only in a hurry in order to escape some of god's more vicious creatures ... such as lions, sasquatches, or humans.

For that reason chimps would rather I didn't follow.

June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#469005 Aug 6, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
New Age Spiritual Leader:
You now profess a certain "reality", and life is not an illusion, but this directly conflicts with your writings. So it is hard to narrow and address my response.
Self!

Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#469006 Aug 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you a Catholic rather than a Protestant Robert???
June:

I consider myself a Christian.(Though some/many doubt that on this thread.(smiles)

All mainstream Protestant denominations exhibit signs of massive corruption, mainly due to modernism. Smaller churches are not immune and many Christians have escaped to them.

Catholicism has time on its side. It has weathered storms within, and outside of its walls. I am not so involved in its history as some others. Its basic beliefs, I believe. The writings of people are a very rich source of learning....(I am not in favor of oppression, or the use of spiritual values as a tool for oppression by some within the ranks of Catholicism.) Catholics are sinners, and I one of the more wretched one at that....
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#469007 Aug 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So god is more of a man than you??? WOW ... now coming from you and going to the god of the Jews ... that IS a compliment to the god! Hahahahaha
You might be a worm and a coward ... but still ... in order to believe you are saved, you have to believe you are a HOLY worm and a HOLY coward.
And there is much to be said about that issue ... or NOT.
June:

Holiness for me is in part separation. It is order out of chaos. Virtue from previously one very vice-ridden human being. Robert F.
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#469008 Aug 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
god sprouted worminess and cowardice in you and you are PROUD???
How did you manage to sprout from Protestantism, to Catholicism, to flirt with Buddhism ... then to Atheism and back to Catholicism without bending your sprout mechanism completely out of shape?
By the way ... are you finished sprouting, or is it possible that you will sprout Protestant wings once again before you fly off to wherever your hot air takes you?
June:

How perceptive of you!

But rather than being bent, I was chopped and crushed, like deadwood down to the ground. It was a very difficult experience.
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#469009 Aug 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Self!
June:

Lol!

But of course!

And yet Self is an Illusion!

I can never narrow it down for him....Its like describing what fog is to someone who has never left the fog....

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#469014 Aug 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
A seed may take years yo come to fruit ..But when the Spirit calls its time to answer .
There is head knowledge ..And that which your spirit answers the Spirit
you wrote

Speaking of seeds

There are fig seeds, that were found at Masada which were evidently

put/carried there in and around A.D. 70..when Jerusalem was sacked by

the Romans and the Jews there chose rather to ended their own lives than be to be take captive by the Romans...

Last I read Some of them have been planted and germinated ..

They were growing fig trees

that has been lost.... to the point of being extinct ..for at least a

thousand years almost two...

Mar 13:28 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near:

Mar 13:29 So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors.

Mar 13:30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.

Mar 13:31 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.
Mar 13:32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

Mar 13:33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.

Could this be more than just an incident..?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#469015 Aug 6, 2013
Seed from Masada is the oldest to germinate
The World
June 13, 2008|Wendy Hansen | Times Staff Wr

Scientists using radiocarbon dating have confirmed that an ancient Judean date palm seed among those found in the ruins of Masada in present-day Israel and planted three years ago is 2,000 years old -- the oldest seed ever to germinate.

The seed has grown into a healthy, 4-foot-tall seedling, surpassing the previous record for oldest germinated seed -- a 1,300-year-old Chinese lotus, researchers reported Thursday in the journal Science.

The tree has been named Methuselah after the oldest person in the Bible. It is the only living Judean date palm, the last link to the vast date palm forests that once shaded and nourished the region.

Sarah Sallon, who directs the Louis L. Borick Natural Medicine Research Center in Jerusalem, became interested in the ancient date palm as a possible source of medicines. She enlisted Dr. Elaine Solowey of the Arava Institute for Environmental Studies at Kibbutz Ketura to coax the seeds out of dormancy.

One sprouted. Scientists estimated that it was about 2,000 years old based on carbon dating of other seeds found at the site, but they had no way of directly testing the planted seed without risking its chance of germinating.

After the Methuselah seed germinated, Solowey found fragments of the seed shell clinging to the roots -- enough for dating.

The shell fragments initially dated to AD 295, give or take 50 years, but a small percentage of "modern" carbon incorporated as the seed germinated made it appear 250 to 300 years younger. Correcting for this factor, the researchers reported that the seed dates from 60 BC to AD 95, similar to the other seeds from the site.

That placed the seed at Masada a few years after the Roman siege there in 73, when, according to the ancient historian Josephus, nearly 1,000 Jewish Zealots in the Masada fortress committed mass suicide rather than capitulate to the Romans. They burned most of their food stores, leaving a single cache to show that they did not starve to death.

"These people were eating these dates up on the mountain and looking down at the Roman camp, knowing that they were going to die soon, and spitting out the pits," Sallon said. "Maybe here is one of those pits."

Archaeologists excavating the ancient fortress of Masada unearthed the seeds in 1965, and they sat in storage for four decades before being planted.

The seeds probably survived for so long because of the extremely arid conditions of the Masada mesa, said Cary Fowler, seed preservation expert and executive director of the Global Crop Diversity Trust, which maintains the Svalbard Global Seed Vault in Norway.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#469016 Aug 6, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
you wrote
Speaking of seeds
There are fig seeds, that were found at Masada which were evidently
put/carried there in and around A.D. 70..when Jerusalem was sacked by
the Romans and the Jews there chose rather to ended their own lives than be to be take captive by the Romans...
Last I read Some of them have been planted and germinated ..
They were growing fig trees
that has been lost.... to the point of being extinct ..for at least a
thousand years almost two...
Mar 13:28 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near:
Mar 13:29 So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors.
Mar 13:30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.
Mar 13:31 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.
Mar 13:32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.
Mar 13:33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.
Could this be more than just an incident..?
Seeds,planted in this generation generational from the time of Jesus
Now producing fruit ???

Well ambiguity as I read says every thing in the bible
means,something and that's,not coincidence .

Isn't there something 're the end ..having to do with trees blossoming
And grapes in the land???

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#469017 Aug 6, 2013
The following post was presented in Topix. It listed quotes (Catholic site) from Orthodox that were used to illustrate that Orthodox in the early centuries recognized the Supremacy of the Pope.

I will provide the first the quote from the Catholic site then an illustration of how it is used to mislead the reader into believing it means more than it does and it is more significant than it is.
==========
CATHOLIC SITE QUOTE: Macedonius, Patriarch of Constantinople (466-516)

Macedonius declared, when desired by the Emperor Anastasius to condemn the Council of Chalcedon, that 'such a step without an Ecumenical Synod presided over by the Pope of Rome is impossible.'(Macedonius, Patr. Graec. 108: 360a (Theophan. Chronogr. pp. 234-346 seq.)

CATHOLIC SITE QUOTE: St. Nicephorus, Patriarch of Constantinople (758-828)
Without whom (the Romans presiding in the seventh Council) a doctrine brought forward in the Church could not, even though confirmed by canonical decrees and by ecclesiastical usuage, ever obtain full approval or currency. For it is they (the Popes of Rome) who have had assigned to them the rule in sacred things, and who have received into their hands the dignity of headship among the Apostles.(Nicephorus, Niceph. Cpl. pro. s. imag. c 25 [Mai N. Bibl. pp. ii. 30]).

----------
BEHIND THE CURTAIN:

It is interesting that Macedonius and state that no Ecumenical Synod could occur without the Pope since the Pope did not attend any of the 7 Ecumenical Councils.
Usually The Pope usually sent 2 legates and at tops 5 people.
The Pope presided over none. His legates presided over none.

==========
Some claim that Ossius of Cordoba, who presided over Nicea 1 was a representative of the Pope. However Ossius was ecclesiastical adviser to Emperor Constantine I, and Constantine's trusted associate so it is highly more likely that he was Constantine's representative

==========
The most credible claim regarding the Pope having a representative who presided at a Council was Cyril , Bishop of Alexandria.

Cyril had been at the forefront of battling the heresy of Nestorius. Cyril persuaded Pope Celestine I to convoke a synod at Rome, which condemned Nestorius, and then did the same at his own synod in Alexandria. Celestine directed Cyril to depose Nestorius, and in 431,

Cyril presided over the third General Council at Ephesus, attended by some two hundred bishops, which condemned all the tenets of Nestorius.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 min Here For Now 619,684
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 23 min Aura Mytha 15,295
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 40 min Buck Crick 983,028
Sex 2 hr Supersquirrel69 1
O.J. Simpson is about to be a free man once again. 3 hr Unanimous 7
Venting Against FAKE Americans 5 hr Mint Julep 3
JakeDover34 Add me on snap!! 7 hr Jakedover34 1
More from around the web