Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
452,201 - 452,220 of 537,385 Comments Last updated 13 min ago
finalprophecies

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Judged:

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST______

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are SUCH a phony!
You left Atheism to join back up with the Catholics who look down their noses at those in all other religions as being false.
lol, I knew that he was a phony a long time ago, didn't I Robert?
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

A person is saved when He believes that Jesus is the Lord of Creation and that Jesus saved them from their sins when He died and rose again.

Salvation is not achieved by reciting some words or by the obedience of being baptized in water in the name of Jesus. It is achieved by believing that God is righteous and merciful and gracious to save. It is believing that God provided a Savior for all mankind who trust and believe in Him for their salvation. Believers by confessing Jesus Christ are confessing to the actual meaning of the name of the person that God sent to save them. The name "Jesus Christ" actually means "the anointed Savior of Jehovah" The gospel of John said that God came into the world in the form of a man (Jesus) and the world did not know Him but as many as received Jesus He has given the power to become sons of God (John 1:12). So John said salvation comes by receiving Jesus.

http://www.thepropheticyears.com/comments/How...

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lol, I knew that he was a phony a long time ago, didn't I Robert?
As are you and all others who USE religion to try to create the illusion of being favorites of gods.

Religion is silly!

Terrace, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

marge wrote:
A person is saved when He believes that Jesus is the Lord of Creation and that Jesus saved them from their sins when He died and rose again.
You were fed lies by Christian theologians, and you nurture those lies each time you reinforce them as though they are of HIGH value.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
As are you and all others who USE religion to try to create the illusion of being favorites of gods.
Religion is silly!
BUT there is a difference between me and Robert.

I AM NOT A CHAMELEON

Terrace, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

At least this theologian spoke truth about theologians.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

The tendency to claim God as an ally for our partisan value and ends is the source of all religious fanaticism.

Reinhold Niebuhr ... theologian
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

The list of examples in the Bible that salvation comes by believing in Jesus + nothing is almost countless. Some say you must also have good works because it is the measure of faith but I say scripture teaches that some saved will not have many or any good works. Some believers living in flagrant sin in the time of Paul were turned over to the Devil for destruction of the flesh so that their soul would be saved in the judgment of Jesus.

1Co 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

1Co 5:5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

James tells us it is not enough to just know there is a God. He in effect says, you believe in one God, that is great, so do devils, but believing in one God is not what is required. You must believe in the Savior He sent for forgiveness of sins. You must believe God. James implies that true believers will show their faith by not just believing there is one God but by living through the power of the Holy Spirit to do His works. The apostle John tells us God's commandment is that we should first believe on the name of God's Son, Jesus Christ (1 Jo 3:23). For only by believing in Jesus will the laws be written in our hearts so we can obey God's commandments.

Human Being

Elton, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you read the WHOLE sentence.
Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith
By the way ... if you don't favor the Catholic religion as the one that will you believe will save you ... why are you not still a Protestant?
You are very dishonest Robert.
June:

I want to keep it simple, for simple-minded folk like myself.

So the Athanasian Creed starts out:

"•Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the Catholic [Apostolic/Universal] Faith, which except everyone shall have kept whole and undefiled, without doubt he will perish eternally.

•Now the Catholic Faith is this: We worship One God in Trinity and Trinity in Unity, neither confounding the Persons nor dividing the substance.

..."

So honesty is within the context. Seems simple enough for a fool like me.

The Catholic Faith is to worship God as Trinity, and Trinity in Unity....That will be way to difficult for me to explain to you.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the answer is very obvious to a Christian.
BEAUSE THE BIBLE TELS ME SO.
I showed you....it does no such of a thing....
Human Being

Elton, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are SUCH a phony!
You left Atheism to join back up with the Catholics who look down their noses at those in all other religions as being false.
June:

You have a new mantra in your modernist New Age Atheism:

"You are SUCH a phony!"

Say it a million times now, and not one less....
That will keep you busy for awhile..

Terrace, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

marge wrote:
The list of examples in the Bible that salvation comes by believing in Jesus + nothing is almost countless.
The new testament was authorized by Catholics FOR Catholics, just as the old testament was authorized by Jews FOR Jews and the Qur'an was authorized by Muslims FOR Muslims, and just as the modern Pagan religions were first authorized by those such as Gerald Gardner ... for those who would believe such as Gerald Gardner believed when he authorized that the "goddess curses homosexuals."

The one and ONLY reason you worship an imaginary Jew, IS that you are certain that Jew LOVES you. My guess is, you look down upon the real Jews on earth as simply a means to your "end."

If you are honest, you will admit it to your self and in turn, to others.
Human Being

Elton, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
shortened for length.(Human Being)

Religion is BUNK!
June:

Not tired of your old mantra? Everyone is tired of it.

"Religion is BUNK"

Say it a million more times to yourself. Are you convinced yet? It sure sounds like insanity to me, to repeat yourself over and over and over....ad infinitum.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU WROTE
I am telling the world that Anthony is as phony a Christian as a three dollar bill...his "Christian testimony" regards his "salvation" is on the net!!!!!
~~~
If he did not know how to express his feelings and chose to use the words of others to express his heart.
WHAT'S THAT TO YOU... TO JUDGE HIM?
Do you now his heart?
His relationship is ESTABLISHED between him and God...AND IT IS NONE OF YOUR AFFAIR.
I HAVE AT TIMES.... LISTENED TO OTHERS PRAY.
AND EXPRESS WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE SAID..
.AND I HAVE PRAYED... ME TOO... LORD. ME TOO...
THERE IS ONLY TWO.... THAT KNOW IF Anthony is as FOR REAL ...and that is Him and God...
WHY ARE YOU HIS ACCUSER...YOU DON'T KNOW HIS HEART....
Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
I PERSONALLY BELIEVE YOU SHOULD MIND YOU OWN BUSINESS.
I am not addressing his heart...I am addressing his words that tell me he does not have a testimony....

Catholics to not give testimonies of being saved....he didn't know what I was talking about!!!! After trying to "hit the target" with 4 or 5 other "testimonies" he ended up copying/pasting the guideline posted on an SBC site on how to become a Christian..and offered that as his testimony!!!!!

Terrace, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
I want to keep it simple, for simple-minded folk like myself.
You do a great job of being simple.

To believe a Jew loves you, a Catholic, and that he agrees with his Jewish father that all the Jews should go to Christian hell for not being Catholic ... is about as simple as simple gets.
Human Being

Elton, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lol, I knew that he was a phony a long time ago, didn't I Robert?
Preston:

Aw..., come on. Play nice!
Don't be a bully on the playground.

I think where we differ is on the issue of grace and free-will.
I am still open concerning the issue. You have closed the book.

I am more of the persuasion that the Holy Spirit draws/leads one to a decision to be a Christian. You? I don't know what your beliefs in this area are. Your writing seems to be intolerant of anyone outside of your "expertise".

Play nice!
Don't be a bully.
Human Being

Elton, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion is silly!
June:

Your old, New Age Atheist mantra:

"Religion is silly"

Since you religiously adhere to your beliefs in your Atheist Religion, you surely don't see how silly, you really are in in constantly chanting your mantra! lol, lol....
Human Being

Elton, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>BUT there is a difference between me and Robert.
I AM NOT A CHAMELEON
Preston:

A Christian needs to adapt to the culture one finds oneself in, not beat it into the natives!

Learn the language of love before you preach.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

marge wrote:
Salvation is not achieved by reciting some words or by the obedience of being baptized in water in the name of Jesus. It is achieved by believing that God is righteous and merciful and gracious to save. It is believing that God provided a Savior for all mankind who trust and believe in Him for their salvation. Believers by confessing Jesus Christ are confessing to the actual meaning of the name of the person that God sent to save them. The name "Jesus Christ" actually means "the anointed Savior of Jehovah" The gospel of John said that God came into the world in the form of a man (Jesus) and the world did not know Him but as many as received Jesus He has given the power to become sons of God (John 1:12). So John said salvation comes by receiving Jesus.
"A person is saved when He believes that Jesus is the Lord of Creation and that Jesus saved them from their sins when He died and rose again.".....

Show Scripture that says: He who believes that Jesus is the Lord of Creation and that Jesus saved them from their sins when He died and rose again is saved.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••