Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665419 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#468625 Aug 4, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Show Scripture that says: He who believes that Jesus is the Lord of Creation and that Jesus saved them from their sins when He died and rose again is saved.
It can't be found anywhere in the old testament. Rumor has it that god forgot to write anything about Christian being saved in that book. Apparently at that time in history he was far too busy telling the Jews that THEY were his chosen few.

Tongue in cheek

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#468626 Aug 4, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
"shall be saved" is not "are saved".....
OH now ... must you be so picky with words?

Shall be saved and are saved is a matter of how far people go to jump the gun. All Christians who believe that Jew is in love with them and can't live without them is sure to believe they ARE saved.

After all ... do you believe that YOU are destined to spend eternity in hell???

Don't lie now ... as it's a sin to lie.

It was written, so it MUST be true.

:)
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#468627 Aug 4, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you are so smart, you should be able to answer this very simple question: If, as you say, they are one, why do they have different wives????!!!!!!
So, why are you not sharing this infinite wisdom????!!!!!
God's first wife was the nation of Israel.

The nation of Israel spiritual adultery.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#468628 Aug 4, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Willing to learn....
You first say that Christ is God (since I am several times smarter than you are.I believe that He is God and was God in His[ Surrogate] mothers womb. it became Biological after a few days.
wanna argue with me, Bring your Masters Degree in Biology with you.lol)
If, as you say, they are one, why do they have different wives????!!!!!!
Hosea 2:13-16

13 I will punish her for the days
she burned incense to the Baals;
she decked herself with rings and jewelry,
and went after her lovers,
but me she forgot,”
declares the Lord.

14 “Therefore I am now going to allure her;
I will lead her into the wilderness
and speak tenderly to her.

15 There I will give her back her vineyards,
and will make the Valley of Achor a door of hope.
There she will respond as in the days of her youth,
as in the day she came up out of Egypt.

16 <<<<<“In that day,” declares the Lord,
“you will call me ‘my husband’;
you will no longer call me ‘my master.>>>>>

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#468629 Aug 4, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Mt 10:22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
Mt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Mr 13:13 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Mr 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Joh 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
Ac 2:21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Ac 11:14 Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved.
Ac 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.
Ro 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
Ro 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
Ro 9:27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:
Ro 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Ro 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
1Co 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
Ok Ox

You do what you feel you need to be saved..Ok?

Take it all to God ..where it belongs

Let Anthony and the rest if us,do the same

You keep looking for some formula formula...legalism.

Only Jesus will judge

Let's leave thAt to HIM

I know I will
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#468630 Aug 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church that Jesus Christ started, Is the NEW Israel.
Figure out which Church that is, and you'll have arrived where you need to be.
2 Corinthians 11:2

2 I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy. I promised you to one husband, to Christ, so that I might present you as a pure virgin to him.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#468631 Aug 4, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the site I posted yesterday cowboy .
Before repentance comes,belief.
Noah ..Abraham ..the tied..he APOSTLES..all believed.
If you do not believe in a Saviour ..then you do not believe
What it is..your sins..And their consequences..He is saving you from.
The author goes on to say many things,
Including that demons may believe there is a God. But they do not
Know Jesus as Saviour.
I do wish you would read the whole thing ..That whole site is very fruitful
I agree if you TRULY BELIEVE as,opposed to Rote learning ..with all your heart that JESUS IS LORD ..You WILL REPENT.
I learned a lot about God..His Son..as a child ..had all the necessary sAcraments. And learning .
But nit until. I opened my heart and acknowledged WHAT HE REALLY DID .drank that sin cup so I might be free of it..did I really believe and let Him in to fill that GOD SUZED HOLE inside me.
Then I HAD no choice but TO REPENT .
And sinning even after one is saved requires FOR OUR SOULS ..repentance .
He already died for each and every sin ever
committed
And before you have belief, you MUST hear the Word of God.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#468632 Aug 4, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Know Jesus as Saviour.
I agree if you TRULY BELIEVE as,opposed to Rote learning ..with all your heart that JESUS IS LORD ..You WILL REPENT.
I learned a lot about God..His Son..as a child ..had all the necessary sAcraments. And learning .
But nit until. I opened my heart and acknowledged WHAT HE REALLY DID .drank that sin cup so I might be free of it..did I really believe and let Him in to fill that GOD SUZED HOLE inside me.
committed
He replied,“Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.”

Act on the Word of God....obedience....
Simple

United States

#468633 Aug 4, 2013
marge wrote:
A person is saved when He believes that Jesus is the Lord of Creation and that Jesus saved them from their sins when He died and rose again.
Salvation is not achieved by reciting some words or by the obedience of being baptized in water in the name of Jesus. It is achieved by believing that God is righteous and merciful and gracious to save. It is believing that God provided a Savior for all mankind who trust and believe in Him for their salvation. Believers by confessing Jesus Christ are confessing to the actual meaning of the name of the person that God sent to save them. The name "Jesus Christ" actually means "the anointed Savior of Jehovah" The gospel of John said that God came into the world in the form of a man (Jesus) and the world did not know Him but as many as received Jesus He has given the power to become sons of God (John 1:12). So John said salvation comes by receiving Jesus.
http://www.thepropheticyears.com/comments/How...
So what are you going to do with the part of the bible that deals with salvation that you leave out. If you approached a cake recipe like you do salvation you would never even get to cake batter much less a cake. You just believe and you are saved people are taking a lot of people yo hell if it exist.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#468634 Aug 4, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Mt 10:22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
Mt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Mr 13:13 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Mr 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Joh 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
Ac 2:21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Ac 11:14 Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved.
Ac 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.
Ro 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
Ro 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
Ro 9:27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:
Ro 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Ro 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
1Co 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
Concluding Affirmations

I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may KNOW that you have eternal life.

so that you may KNOW that you have eternal life......

Obtaining eternal life.....Isn't that being saved?
Simple

United States

#468635 Aug 4, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
A German woman who went through world-war II in Germany wrote that some of the young Germans who earlier preached of "peace" become some of Hitler's most cruel thugs.
I suggest you don't believe those who preach sermons concerning how to be filled with love ... because when push comes to shove ... the beast that lusts to survive has a tendency to take over.
My friend you should have registered as June of Bark.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#468636 Aug 4, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Someday you may get your wish ..
If THST happens,in your lifetime..let me suggest...look very hard fir a bible:)
:) If what happens in my lifetime? I'm sure if I need a bible at any point in time, it will not be hard to find one ;)

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#468637 Aug 4, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
And before you have belief, you MUST hear the Word of God.
Absolutely ..THAT is,our duty the Great Commission.

Go out and tell the world .

Location hidden

#468638 Aug 4, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
From my perspective religion holds people in bondage because of fear, arrogance and fake humility.
Fear of being disowned by a god or gods ... arrogance of believing the self to be wise enough to choose the "right" religion ... proud enough to give the arrogant impression that the god sees them as deserving eternal bliss while admitting in fake humility that ultimately it's god's choice not their own that will make the final judgment ... et cetera.
Religion is all based on the premise ... "What's in it for me."
I completely agree. It is very nice to no longer be in the grip of such an ego.

Location hidden

#468639 Aug 4, 2013
marge wrote:
A person is saved when He believes that Jesus is the Lord of Creation and that Jesus saved them from their sins when He died and rose again.
Salvation is not achieved by reciting some words or by the obedience of being baptized in water in the name of Jesus. It is achieved by believing that God is righteous and merciful and gracious to save. It is believing that God provided a Savior for all mankind who trust and believe in Him for their salvation. Believers by confessing Jesus Christ are confessing to the actual meaning of the name of the person that God sent to save them. The name "Jesus Christ" actually means "the anointed Savior of Jehovah" The gospel of John said that God came into the world in the form of a man (Jesus) and the world did not know Him but as many as received Jesus He has given the power to become sons of God (John 1:12). So John said salvation comes by receiving Jesus.
http://www.thepropheticyears.com/comments/How...
The problem with this is that there are many different religions, with many different "Jesus" figures. How are you to know that you have the right son of "god".

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#468640 Aug 4, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
:) If what happens in my lifetime? I'm sure if I need a bible at any point in time, it will not be hard to find one ;)
If as you said you WANTED there are NO more,real.Christians,around.
To ruin your world

I'd say look in that bible..just saying ..might be a good idea,

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#468641 Aug 4, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with this is that there are many different religions, with many different "Jesus" figures. How are you to know that you have the right son of "god".
Only one JESUS Christ.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#468642 Aug 4, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
God's first wife was the nation of Israel.
The nation of Israel spiritual adultery.
and that is what Jesus addressed when He called them an {adulterous generation} but the Truth makes no difference to Oxbore, just ignore his senile rants.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#468643 Aug 4, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Know Jesus as Saviour.
committed
RoS. I have my own opinion of what the Bible teaches, I don't refer to someone elses Opinion, and never will.

I got Salvation the {old fashioned way} on my knees after I was convicted of my sins by the Holy Ghost and was then drawn by Him to an old wooden altar where I found satisfaction for my soul.

reading opinions from a lot of people takes away from the Work of God and DOM is a good example of that.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#468644 Aug 4, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok Ox
You do what you feel you need to be saved..Ok?
Take it all to God ..where it belongs
Let Anthony and the rest if us,do the same
You keep looking for some formula formula...legalism.
Only Jesus will judge
Let's leave thAt to HIM
I know I will
It is not "up to Him". It is up to each individual to make a decision where he will spend eternity....that is as plain as day in the Scripture I posted....

Its cut and dried....you believe...you shall be saved...you don't believe...you have already condemned yourself to hell.

The only thing God does here is provide the accommodations...it is your decision which one will be yours...

I was, am, will always be saved.

I showed you Scripture after Scripture that speaks of "shalt be saved" which does not equate to "is saved"..

You can be baptized any way you want, every day, for your life time. You can confess your sins as they happen. You can repent. Believe. Stand on one leg and do your rosary chant. Burn every candle you find in your church. Say novenas...Sell all of your possessions and give the money to charity. Live the life of mother Theresa....etc etc etc...and you will not be saved.

If you are not born again from above, per Jesus Christ, you will never see Heaven...

Quote:
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 6 min Buck Crick 225
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 15 min Joe Fortuna 619
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 18 min gundee123 1,243
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 19 min Joe Fortuna 88,296
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 27 min RiversideRedneck 977,411
Drake obsession with Doris Burke same stupid stuff 28 min Doctor REALITY 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 52 min X Pendable 184,765
The Future of Politics in America 6 hr Buck Crick 270
More from around the web