Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
451,881 - 451,900 of 538,662 Comments Last updated 10 min ago

“Greater Love Than This”

Since: Aug 08

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow's opinion of Romans 10:9 is not the same as yours or most other evangelical protestants. I'm trying to understand why.
Why???

Here try this ..good site so far ..this,is about salvation

http://www.thepropheticyears.com/comments/How...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"A SAVED CHURCH MEMBERSHIP" is saved.
A person who confesses and believes per Romans 10:9 is not.
???
What is it about "shalt be" that you don't understand????

If I say to you "I shall go to your house"....does that mean I are there now????? Or does it mean at some point in time I will go to your house???

Try this one: Ripe apples are red in color. Green apples shall be ripe when they turn red!!!!!!

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
He isn't plowing new ground. He's repeating the teachings of the Church. Read up then post.
never have I read about a pope washing the feet of a woman, and to speak of gay priests? they were of the devil, not god, now all of a sudden a change in attitude? and the reason is what I already stated, finding men to become a catholic priest is getting harder an harder, so in the near future you will see gay priests and women priests,I'd say with in the next ten to fifteen years.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
People can see that a god was never guiding the words of anybody in religion ... yet they continue to play the games.
in the beginning you had to play the game or be beaten until you did.
Plain Jane

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No one said it didn't happen. But it didn't happen the way these protestants say it did. Unfortunately we have to lump you in with the rest of the protestants.
Lump him in with Protestants?

That's harsh.
Plain Jane

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>never have I read about a pope washing the feet of a woman, and to speak of gay priests? they were of the devil, not god, now all of a sudden a change in attitude? and the reason is what I already stated, finding men to become a catholic priest is getting harder an harder, so in the near future you will see gay priests and women priests,I'd say with in the next ten to fifteen years.
Gay priests? You don't say!

:o)
Plain Jane

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

"Cardinal Law had difficulty with his memory under oath today. He could only remember three commandments. Under oath, Cardinal Law said 'I do not recall' 43 times. I'm telling you, this guy is presidential material." —David Letterman

"The House Transportation Committee is now considering a bill that would allow pilots to carry guns for protection. I've got a better idea, why not give guns to altar boys, give them a fighting chance." —Jay Leno

"In Boston, it looks like Cardinal Bernard Law isn't going to be punished. It turns out he's getting transferred to Rome, which is kind of like a promotion. He said today he wanted to thank all the little people." —Jay Leno
Plain Jane

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

"The U.S. Cardinals said they are going to develop a code of ethics to help them deal with the sexual scandal. Wait a minute, I thought their already was a code of ethics, it's called the Bible." —Jay Leno

This is all so unfair. But to whom.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

DNF wrote:
<quoted text>UNTRUE about the RCC ALWAYS condemning gays and lesbians. And I otta know as a gay man who has dealt with this for 50 years now.
There is evidence that the RCC blessed SS unions during the Middle ages. And under Pope John Paul ii Ratzy helped formulate the new dogma that says gays and lesbians are just fine as long as they remain celibate.
Christianity, like most other religions has always had divisions and controversies over doctrines and dogma. And like any other religion, it's always in need of a group to scapegoat.
I haven't shared this on this thread yet but it was due to a Catholic friend I had as a toddler that I knew I was gay. And to the pervs no we weren't messing around. He was my best friend and a neighbor. One day when we were out playing Cowboys and Indians or something like that he told me I was his best Friend. I told him He was my best friend. He said he loved me. I said I loved him.
Then he dropped the bomb. He said that when we grew up he hoped we could get married. I told him boys don't marry other boys. Then he asked the question that haunts me to this day. "Why Not?" he asked.
He was 4 I was 5. Neither of us had even heard of gays or lesbians or what homosexual meant. Yet somehow, at that moment I knew what I was and that if others found out I'd be teased and tormented.
It was also that incident that started me on my spiritual journey of learning about different faiths and reading different sacred texts and other spiritual writings.
In 6th grade I did a book report on the Book,
Divine Law:
The rejection of homosexual behavior that is found in the Old Testament is well known. In Genesis 19, two angels in disguise visit the city of Sodom and are offered hospitality and shelter by Lot. During the night, the men of Sodom demand that Lot hand over his guests for homosexual intercourse. Lot refuses, and the angels blind the men of Sodom. Lot and his household escape, and the town is destroyed by fire "because the outcry against its people has become great before the Lord" (Gen. 19:13).
Throughout history, Jewish and Christian scholars have recognized that one of the chief sins involved in God’s destruction of Sodom was its people’s homosexual behavior. But today, certain homosexual activists promote the idea that the sin of Sodom was merely a lack of hospitality. Although inhospitality is a sin, it is clearly the homosexual behavior of the Sodomites that is singled out for special criticism in the account of their city’s destruction. We must look to Scripture’s own interpretation of the sin of Sodom.
Jude 7 records that Sodom and Gomorrah "acted immorally and indulged in unnatural lust." Ezekiel says that Sodom committed "abominable things" (Ezek. 16:50), which could refer to homosexual and heterosexual acts of sin. Lot even offered his two virgin daughters in place of his guests, but the men of Sodom rejected the offer, preferring homosexual sex over heterosexual sex (Gen. 19:8–9). Ezekiel does allude to a lack of hospitality in saying that Sodom "did not aid the poor and needy" (Ezek. 16:49). So homosexual acts and a lack of hospitality both contributed to the destruction of Sodom, with the former being the far greater sin, the "abominable thing" that set off God’s wrath
jethro:"gays and lesbians are just fine as long as they remain" celibate. You have been celibate all these years??

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
As for gay marriage, after France legalized it, against the vigorous protests of the Church, the new pope rebuked legislators for following “fashions and ideas of the moment,” and subsequently taught in Lumen Fidei:“The first setting in which faith enlightens the human city is the family. I think first and foremost of the stable union of man and woman in marriage”—prompting the Advocate to complain,“Pope Francis, Benedict Jointly Condemn Same-Sex Marriage.”
http://www.firstthings.com/onthesquare/2013/0...
the church can bitch all they want, there is money to be made in gay marriages, and no government is going to pass that up, soon there will be gay weddings in the catholic church,why? MONEY!,LICENSES COST MONEY, USE OF THE CHURCH COST MONEY, A PRIEST COST MONEY, YOU THINK THE PAGAN/CHRISTIAN CHURCH IS GOING to pass this up? not on your life, once they figure out how to present it as being ok with god to do this, they will start doing gay weddings.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

DNF wrote:
<quoted text>The washing of the feet is an interesting point IMO.
When Mary washed the feet of Jesus it was a shock to the Disciples for the very reason you pointed out. The washing of the feet was something only male sanctified priests did.
To me it's clear Jesus was sending a message that a new order was in the works.
Jesus is not sending any message, it's coming from the Vatican council of men, they are slowly introducing new teachings at a very slow pace to get people us to I so they can install gay priests and women priests, otherwise there out of business, men are not signing up to the priest hood because of the scandal, you putt on the priest uniform people are going to look at you and wonder, is he one of them? your guilty by association.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>It was YOU making fun of them to him...yes I am sure.
I will take the time and find the post and IF I am wrong, I will cut out my heart a send it to you.
Interesting. You're accusing me of 'making fun of Orthodox' to a Catholic Priest.
I can't imagine what that's all about. I assure you, that didn't happen. You seem to be on your own frequency. You should quit being stubborn and admit your sin of spreading known slander towards the Catholic Church by implying they had a child sex ring at the Vatican. You tried to do a drive by smear tactic, knowing the accusation you were forwarding was baseless.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. jethro: this is a lie, proof Pope Benedict IX (c. 1012 – 1065/85)
Benedict became pontiff at a very young age, thanks to the political prowess of his father, who had managed to get the papacy reserved ahead of time for his son. With little actual training or preparation that qualified him to act as pontiff, Benedict led a highly immoral life, and was accused of various rapes, adulteries, and murders. According to St. Peter Damian, Benedict was “a demon from hell in the disguise of a priest,” and his carousing eventually caused him to be forcefully expelled from Rome.

Benedict managed to regain his throne, but then – surprise, surprise!– he was sidetracked by a prospective marriage (to his cousin) and sold the papal chair for a significant amount of money to his godfather, a priest who named himself Pope Gregory VI. His later repentance and attempt to resume his position created quite a controversy, forcing the German King Henry III to intervene. Benedict was subsequently excommunicated from the church.

“His life as a pope,” wrote Pope Victor III,“was so vile, so foul, so execrable, that I shudder to think of it.”

JETHRO: if you read his story,Benedict became pontiff at a very young age, thanks to the political prowess of his father, who had managed to get the papacy reserved ahead of time.... this alone proves apostolic succession exists, which is what the church bases it's crazy idea of being the true church.jesus/god had nothing to do with him becoming pope, money put him in the chair, so the catholic church is nothing, it is not a divine church being lead by Jesus through a pope, it all phony unholy crap.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

good night people.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Why???
Here try this ..good site so far ..this,is about salvation
http://www.thepropheticyears.com/comments/How...
Catholics already know about salvation.
youtubeNews

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

ISRAEL to give POPE "Custody" of Temple Mount --

http://youtu.be/Qt9kEQB4ti8

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Go find the posts. Calling my Church an abortion was when I saw you for what you are.
And we saw you for what you were back in 2012....your a slow learner...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting. You're accusing me of 'making fun of Orthodox' to a Catholic Priest.
I can't imagine what that's all about. I assure you, that didn't happen. You seem to be on your own frequency. You should quit being stubborn and admit your sin of spreading known slander towards the Catholic Church by implying they had a child sex ring at the Vatican. You tried to do a drive by smear tactic, knowing the accusation you were forwarding was baseless.
Well Clay I spent 5 hours going back trying to find that post and it does exist.Trust me....I will find it and I found other things posted that I am copying and saving for a rainy day from your buddies.You see the problem is which I am learning now is that I will have to prove what YOU CATHOLICS SAY because you will never admit when your wrong.So in the future,I will be able to refer back to my LYING CATHOLIC file...that's what I named it..lol....but anyways be patient.You have been here now for how many years? Your not going anywhere now.Also,I never implied the catholic church had a CHILD sex ring.What I posted was a MALE PROSTITUTION RONG IN THE VATICAN......I will repost that to refresh your memory....from reputable sources as you requested in the past....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min onemale 257,785
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Buck Crick 732,581
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 min EdmondWA 94,614
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 min Holy dr Shrink 599,754
The REALITY of workplace unhappiness for millio... 10 min Doctor REALITY 2
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 21 min Dave Nelson 226,180
ferguson and the real race war 32 min Bev Jamison 17
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 37 min Freebird USA 173,260
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••