Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654715 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#468456 Aug 3, 2013
Microbe Hunters by Paul de Kruif … published 1926

You have lately recovered from an attack of mumps, and you ask your father what is the cause of mumps and he tells you a mumpish evil spirit has got into you. His theory may not impress you much, but you decide to make believe you believe him and not to wonder any more about what is mumps—because if you publicly don’t believe him you are in for a beating and may even be turned out of the house. Your father is authority.

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#468457 Aug 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't hear the Catholic Church state how how many people were there. I heard the media say 3 million. The Brazilian authorities apparently stated 3 million. Any number the Church came up with would have been told to them by outside sources anyway.
Yet, you accuse the Church of lying about it? lol.
Hi Clay,

cowboy doesn't know much, always trying to start trouble.

Finally got a chance to watch Pope Francis last day in Rio 7.28.13,
WHAT an amazing sight. Successor of Peter brought in quite a crowd for JESUS!!!
Thanks be to God.

MOVE FORWARD TO THE CROWD AT THE BEACH. 23:25 and 24:20, and 36:21 hour
Looks like 3 million to me!!!!
Pope Francis 7.28.2013

PS Where is concerned in Brazil??? Wonder if he is in the crowd. LOL

Quesnel, Canada

#468458 Aug 3, 2013
Wilf Carter (known in the United States as Montana Slim) was kicked out of his fathers house when he was a young lad because his father who was a Christian pastor who believed that yodeling and cowboy songs were not suitable for a pastor's son.

They never did make up before the Pastor died.

“Happy 2016!!”

#468459 Aug 3, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...this is hysterical! You think every Catholic who posts here is me in disguise!! I love it! By the by, everyone who posts icons can change those already up. It's common knowledge, no secret. You know it, so stop with the lies and nonsense, Pres. Now go ahead and slander and hound me the way you did Karen for years on end.
"You Fool Me Not" has a great meme web site! You should visit it sometime.
And Hello! to all my fellow Catholics who are lurking (and laughing)!!
Greetings Regina!

LOL!!!!!!! He thinks that b/c is has multiply personalities and thinks everyone does too.

Quesnel, Canada

#468460 Aug 3, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
That's another key factor....
Yes. So many people "lose it" that it's impossible to trust humans to control emotions.

One of my friend's sons was trying to break up a fight between two other guys who were fighting over a cigarette of all things, and he was stabbed for his efforts. He is in critical condition in the hospital.

I believe all people of the world would be better off sedated with some form of an emotion-controlling drug.

Tongue in cheek, of course.

“Happy 2016!!”

#468461 Aug 3, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
not to forget the rows of cardboard people cutouts lining the beach to help bolster their numbers.
the only reason they showed up is because there is nothing else to do there.
You're kidding right....its Brazil plenty to do there...

All for the Glory of GOD!!! Thank you Jesus!!!!
Pope Francis 7.28.2013

Quesnel, Canada

#468462 Aug 3, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Clay,
cowboy doesn't know much, always trying to start trouble.
Finally got a chance to watch Pope Francis last day in Rio 7.28.13,
WHAT an amazing sight. Successor of Peter brought in quite a crowd for JESUS!!!
Thanks be to God.
Pope Francis 7.28.2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =q-iZAten9MIXX
PS Where is concerned in Brazil??? Wonder if he is in the crowd. LOL
Which side do you believe that the god that used to favor ONLY Jews will take in this issue?

:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Catholic Church confirms atheists still go to hell, after Pope Francis suggests they might go to heaven

Spokesman says people who choose not to enter the Church 'cannot be saved'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europ...

“Happy 2016!!”

#468463 Aug 3, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
http://www.catholicmemes.com/p ope/media-you-so-crazy/
Who am I too judge!![one of my favorite quotes, now]

Mt 7

;-)

<><

“Happy 2016!!”

#468464 Aug 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Which side do you believe that the god that used to favor ONLY Jews will take in this issue?
:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
Catholic Church confirms atheists still go to hell, after Pope Francis suggests they might go to heaven
Spokesman says people who choose not to enter the Church 'cannot be saved'
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europ...
June dear that's up to you. Who am I to judge!! lol

Quesnel, Canada

#468465 Aug 3, 2013
When Catholics put all their feet down, the god that used to favor only the Jews has no choice but to comply.

The god has no will of his own, as he gets yanked and pushed from pulpit to pulpit.

Tongue in cheek.

Religion is a sad state of affairs.

Quesnel, Canada

#468466 Aug 3, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
You're kidding right....its Brazil plenty to do there...
All for the Glory of GOD!!! Thank you Jesus!!!!
Pope Francis 7.28.2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =q-iZAten9MIXX
There's just nothing like a rock-star at a rock-concert to drive the crowds mad with emotion in a basic Catholic country!

I'd like to see what welcome the pope would receive in Iran.

Quesnel, Canada

#468467 Aug 3, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
June dear that's up to you. Who am I to judge!! lol
I asked you a question. Which side do YOU believe the supposed god takes in the issue ... the side of the new pope, or the other members of hierarchy who are "over-talking" him with their own opinions?

Quesnel, Canada

#468468 Aug 3, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Who am I too judge!![one of my favorite quotes, now]
<><
Oh stop with the humble B.S. You are sure the god that used to favor only Jews, now favors only Catholics and that you will be included in the chosen few.

That is what Catholic theologians promised would occur and you bought into those promises.

Quesnel, Canada

#468469 Aug 3, 2013
Can't you just picture those Catholics preaching to Muslims in Iran that they would have to be Catholic to be saved???

The Catholics would be screaming alright, but not with joy.
Plain Jane

Orlando, FL

#468470 Aug 3, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Plain Jane:
There are some here to dialogue, even be ecumenical(at times). There are a majority here that desire justification in their beliefs. And there are some that are just insane on this thread.
I have a variety of reasons why and to whom I post on here. One of them is to try to communicate spiritual ideas. This helps clarify them in my own mind.
Also, in a sense, I am curious to see where people are in their own spiritual journeys....
So Catholic forums, like most like-minded forums, are a little boring. Everyone agrees, yuck. Better to hone ideas with a variety of viewpoints. That makes sense.

I don't think 95% of Catholics really care about this topic per se. It makes very little sense in the modern world. Like Jesus had to leave someone in charge, as if Jesus was going far away. lol

Good to see the new guy talking and living real values.

“Happy 2016!!”

#468471 Aug 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
There's just nothing like a rock-star at a rock-concert to drive the crowds mad with emotion in a basic Catholic country!
“In October 2010, an Iranian official delivered a letter from President Ahmadinejad to Pope Benedict XVI in which the President said he hoped to work closely with the Vatican to help stem religious intolerance, the breakup of families and the increase of secularism and materialism. A return letter from Pope Benedict was hand-delivered by Jean-Louis Cardinal Tauran, President of the Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue, according to Passionist Father Reverend Ciro Benedettini, Vice-Director of the Vatican Press Office in a statement issued November 10, 2010. The papal letter's contents were not disclosed. Cardinal Tauran met personally with the Iranian leader while Tauran was participating in a three-day meeting on Muslim-Christian relations, along with Iranian Catholic leaders. The meeting was a joint initiative of the Vatican Interreligious Council and the Teheran-based Islamic Culture and Relations Organization.”

“ In the early days of his papacy, Francis has set a tone of humility and simplicity that has struck a chord with ordinary Catholics and also with other religious leaders. Soon after his election as pope, Francis sent a message to Riccardo Di Segni, the chief rabbi of Rome, pledging a spirit of “renewed collaboration.” Rabbi Di Segni attended Wednesday’s meeting and praised the new pope’s outreach.

“It’s a good start,” Rabbi Di Segni said in an interview.“Hopefully, we’ll not have any accidents.” But, pointing out that disagreements are inevitable, the rabbi added,“What is important is the good will to solve them.”

Imam Yahya Pallavicini, vice president of the Italian Islamic Religious Community, shook hands with Pope Francis and presented him with a book exploring the contemplative dimensions of Islam. He said he was touched when Francis expressed his gratitude for the presence of Muslim leaders in the room, and he predicted that the new pope would deepen the relationship between Catholics and Muslims.

“I think he will take interreligious dialogue among people, he will make it closer to people, not confined to theological exchanges among scholars, or political, territorial and international conflicts,” he said.“
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#468472 Aug 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
How many popes have gone to Israel? Matthew 15:24, "He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#468473 Aug 3, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
“In October 2010, an Iranian official delivered a letter from President Ahmadinejad to Pope Benedict XVI in which the President said he hoped to work closely with the Vatican to help stem religious intolerance, the breakup of families and the increase of secularism and materialism. A return letter from Pope Benedict was hand-delivered by Jean-Louis Cardinal Tauran, President of the Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue, according to Passionist Father Reverend Ciro Benedettini, Vice-Director of the Vatican Press Office in a statement issued November 10, 2010. The papal letter's contents were not disclosed. Cardinal Tauran met personally with the Iranian leader while Tauran was participating in a three-day meeting on Muslim-Christian relations, along with Iranian Catholic leaders. The meeting was a joint initiative of the Vatican Interreligious Council and the Teheran-based Islamic Culture and Relations Organization.”
“ In the early days of his papacy, Francis has set a tone of humility and simplicity that has struck a chord with ordinary Catholics and also with other religious leaders. Soon after his election as pope, Francis sent a message to Riccardo Di Segni, the chief rabbi of Rome, pledging a spirit of “renewed collaboration.” Rabbi Di Segni attended Wednesday’s meeting and praised the new pope’s outreach.
“It’s a good start,” Rabbi Di Segni said in an interview.“Hopefully, we’ll not have any accidents.” But, pointing out that disagreements are inevitable, the rabbi added,“What is important is the good will to solve them.”
Imam Yahya Pallavicini, vice president of the Italian Islamic Religious Community, shook hands with Pope Francis and presented him with a book exploring the contemplative dimensions of Islam. He said he was touched when Francis expressed his gratitude for the presence of Muslim leaders in the room, and he predicted that the new pope would deepen the relationship between Catholics and Muslims.
“I think he will take interreligious dialogue among people, he will make it closer to people, not confined to theological exchanges among scholars, or political, territorial and international conflicts,” he said.“
Apparently your precious pope never read the Koran? "Slay them wherever ye find them and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter." - Sura 2:191 http://www.wvinter.net/~haught/Koran.html
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#468474 Aug 3, 2013
&fe ature=share&list=PL592A95F E81AFF282

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#468475 Aug 3, 2013
Plain Jane wrote:
<quoted text>
So Catholic forums, like most like-minded forums, are a little boring. Everyone agrees, yuck. Better to hone ideas with a variety of viewpoints. That makes sense.
I don't think 95% of Catholics really care about this topic per se. It makes very little sense in the modern world. Like Jesus had to leave someone in charge, as if Jesus was going far away. lol
Good to see the new guy talking and living real values.
Agrees??? ON this thread???

You must be joking !!!! Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 8 min here 65,225
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 36 min who 281,989
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 57 min Rosa_Winkel 974,097
Where is all the females that will play on snap... 1 hr Jtwyatt 1
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 1 hr DENG 39,122
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 1 hr Johnny 864
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 2 hr ImFree2Choose 2,614
first gay experience? (Sep '14) 4 hr j4snowyfox69 47
More from around the web