Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 22,580)

Showing posts 451,581 - 451,600 of511,921
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

who="Anthony MN"
A very helpful and TIMELY piece here considering our present conversation written by one of my favorite guys, a former protestant minister who converted to the Catholic Church;
http://chnetwork.org/2013/07/in-christ-and-st...
Grodi says:

"A person normally becomes in Christ through baptism and faith, but sometimes only by faith, if a person has not been told about the necessity of baptism".

I differ on this point. One becomes in Christ BY FAITH, then is 'baptized into His death'. It's kind of like a wedding: the couple pledge their vows to each other, THEN the minister delares them to BE husband and wife.(No 'faithful till death' vow equals an incomplete 'wedding'.) Without our testimony of having received Him, a baptism will do nothing.

KayMarie
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I know,..And I said so..
Both KAY and I were trying to say ..don't worry about whatever it is,OX
seems to want you to say or do..That seems to be what all those posts were about .
it's not him you have to answer to...:)
Thanks Rose.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Rom 3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

The only way to overcome when one is judged is by Baptism of the Holy Spirit, water baptism does not cut it.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN"
A very helpful and TIMELY piece here considering our present conversation written by one of my favorite guys, a former protestant minister who converted to the Catholic Church;
Grodi says:
"A person normally becomes in Christ through baptism and faith, but sometimes only by faith, if a person has not been told about the necessity of baptism".
I differ on this point. One becomes in Christ BY FAITH, then is 'baptized into His death'. It's kind of like a wedding: the couple pledge their vows to each other, THEN the minister delares them to BE husband and wife.(No 'faithful till death' vow equals an incomplete 'wedding'.) Without our testimony of having received Him, a baptism will do nothing.
KayMarie
You said it much better here Kay Marie.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~~~~
I am telling the world that Anthony is as phony a Christian as a three dollar bill...his "Christian testimony" regards his "salvation" is on the net!!!!!
You have attempted to launch your self into the position of God
Anthony has made a public confession of Jesus Christ as his persona savior.
Whether or not it is genuine is not your call. Only He and god knows
You need to mind you own business...
and let the holy spirit perform maintenance in his life
Let Him under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, work out His own salvation in fear and trembling...
Php_2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
He did no such thing....he does not have a testimony...he copied what he thought was a testimony from an SBC site...it is a guideline on becoming a Christian....

Your words prove that you know he is not saved...quote: Let Him under the guidance of the Holy Spirit,work out His own salvation in fear and trembling...

Pure logic...if he is saved he has no need to be "under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, to work out His own salvation in fear and trembling...
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

who="Anthony MN"
That's good, but why?
Jesus said that baptism 'fulfills all righteousness'. It is a public testimony that WE HAVE TAKEN A STAND FOR/WITH THE LIVING GOD, agreeing with Him that HE alone is our salvation.
It may seem simple (not a great theological explanation) to you, but I see it like cleaning up a crusty pot. You scrub all the junk loose with a Brillo pad (forgiveness), then dip the pot in rinse water to wash away all the scum. That works for me.
KayMarie
I think it's a good analogy. We believe baptism (water and the Holy Spirit) is what washes away the scum.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

who="Oxbow"
Are there any other Catlicks on this forum that would like to share their "testimony"????
If you need help...contact Ant...he knows where to copy and paste ready made ones!!!!!!
From what you are saying you are saved as much as my donkey!!!!!

Go easy on him, Oxbow. He has made it plain that he believes that testimony, regardless of where he copied it.

Our purpose in this discussion is to 'let us reason together'(Isaiah), so that we may all see God's plan more clearly. Being 'right' is not so important as seeing that the Truth is presented in such a way that others can receive it.

"Though I speak with the tongues of MEN AND ANGELS and have not LOVE, I am just a 'noise'."

Acid on our tongue will destroy the effect of all the good things we may say. Jesus said, "I am not come to condemn the world, but that the world THROUGH ME might be saved."

Hopefully, the fruit of our words will lead people to Christ.

KayMarie
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

who="Anthony MN"
Grodi says:
KayMarie
Disagree.“… for in Christ Jesus, you are all sons of God, through faith. For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ”(Gal 3:26,27).

Faith is what brings one to baptism in which we are baptized "into" and "put on Christ".

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
Rom 3:3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?
Rom 3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.
in other words....
I love "Paul's" expression of this, but I can't find any teaching on the subject by Jesus.
~~~~
Rom 3:3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?
BELIEVE WHAT...
JESUS SAID..WHOM TO BELIEVE IN
Mar_16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Joh_3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Joh_3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Joh_3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
Joh_5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
Joh_6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
Joh_6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
Joh_7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
Joh_11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
...and yet you won't believe him with this teaching.....

(17) Jesus says:

"I will give you what no eye has seen, and what no ear has heard,
and what no hand has touched, and what has not occurred to the human mind."

NOTE: "what has not occurred to the human mind."
- Yes GiF - the human mind is what he mainly expresses - our perception of the world and ourselves.

Fail.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

who="Oxbow"
He did no such thing....he does not have a testimony...he copied what he thought was a testimony from an SBC site...it is a guideline on becoming a Christian....
Your words prove that you know he is not saved...quote: Let Him under the guidance of the Holy Spirit,work out His own salvation in fear and trembling...
Pure logic...if he is saved he has no need to be "under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, to work out His own salvation in fear and trembling...

Truth will always triumph over 'logic'. Jesus said that "When He (the Holy Spirit) is come, HE will guide you in all Truth." He did not say that,'He HAS GUIDED' you in truth. We need Him all the time.

KayMarie

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

marge wrote:
The only way to overcome when one is judged is by Baptism of the Holy Spirit, water baptism does not cut it.
Then why do so-called claim to have the HS within them, when there is no support for this claim?

Calling themselves such is blatant lying to others.

Looks like you still fall short.

Self.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

marge wrote:
~~~

THE APOSTLE PETER PREACHED

1.Repentance

2.WATER BAPTISM AND

3. RECEIVING THE HOLY SPIRIT

Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles,

Men and brethren, what shall we do?

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them,

1. Repent, and

2. be baptized (in water) every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ

for the remission of sins, and

3. ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

who="Anthony MN"
Disagree.“… for in Christ Jesus, you are all sons of God, through faith. For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ”(Gal 3:26,27).
Faith is what brings one to baptism in which we are baptized "into" and "put on Christ".

Not to be disagreeable, but I came to Christ in a VERY real experience, but it was several months before I had opportunity to be baptized. I was IN CHRIST, and He definitely was in me all the while until then.

Those were baptized into Christ BECAUSE they had 'put on Christ'.

KayMarie

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

who="Oxbow"
Are there any other Catlicks on this forum that would like to share their "testimony"????
If you need help...contact Ant...he knows where to copy and paste ready made ones!!!!!!
From what you are saying you are saved as much as my donkey!!!!!
Go easy on him, Oxbow. He has made it plain that he believes that testimony, regardless of where he copied it.
Our purpose in this discussion is to 'let us reason together'(Isaiah), so that we may all see God's plan more clearly. Being 'right' is not so important as seeing that the Truth is presented in such a way that others can receive it.
"Though I speak with the tongues of MEN AND ANGELS and have not LOVE, I am just a 'noise'."
Acid on our tongue will destroy the effect of all the good things we may say. Jesus said, "I am not come to condemn the world, but that the world THROUGH ME might be saved."
Hopefully, the fruit of our words will lead people to Christ.
KayMarie
You forgot to add these:

(10) Jesus says:

"I have cast fire upon the world, and see, I am guarding it until it blazes."

(16) Jesus says:

(1) "Perhaps people think that I have come to cast peace upon the earth.
(2) But they do not know that I have come to cast dissension upon the earth: fire, sword, war.
(3) For there will be five in one house: there will be three against two and two against three,
father against son and son against father.
(4) And they will stand as solitary ones."

Looks like being a "solitary one" in Jesus' eyes, is the right move I've made.

Why do believe men over Jesus?

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect.

For Catholicism, a chiild's "faith" did not bring the child to be baptized, but in fact, it was the faith of the child's parent that brought them to their baptism.

Why are you trying to mislead people.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
While salvation ultimately involves the redemption of the whole man,
our soul/SPIRIT is what has been saved until
the redemption of the body that will come when Jesus catches us away.
-->REDEMPTION OF THE BODY IS OUR EARNEST EXPECTATION.<
~~~
Rom 8:19 --> For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
Rom 8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
==>WE WILL BE DELIVERED FROM THIS BODIES BONDAGE OF CORRUPTION<
Rom 8:21 ==> Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
NOTE
Rom 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
Rom 8:23 AND NOT ONLY THEY BUT
OURSELVES ALSO,
which have the firstfruits of the Spirit,
even we ourselves groan within ourselves,
waiting for the adoption, to wit, THE REDEMPTION OF OUR BODY.
Make you a bet....not one catlick on this forum can tell you they are a son of God and know how they got to that status.

Nor can they tell you that they are perfect as their Father is perfect in Heaven...

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
...and yet you won't believe him with this teaching.....
(17) Jesus says:
"I will give you what no eye has seen, and what no ear has heard,
and what no hand has touched, and what has not occurred to the human mind."
And here is the Catholic indoctrination coming back to surface.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
THE APOSTLE PETER PREACHED
1.Repentance
2.WATER BAPTISM AND
3. RECEIVING THE HOLY SPIRIT
Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles,
Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them,
1. Repent, and
2. be baptized (in water) every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ
for the remission of sins, and
3. ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Christianity 101

Acts was written by Luke and not Peter. SO this would be Luke making the statements.

DOH!!

"Tradition holds that the text was written by Luke the companion of Paul (named in Colossians 4:14) and this traditional view of Lukan authorship is “widely held as the view which most satisfactorily explains all the data.”[1] The list of scholars maintaining authorship by Luke the physician is lengthy, and represents scholars from a wide range of theological opinion.[2] However, there is no consensus, and according to Raymond E. Brown, the current [1997] opinion concerning Lukan authorship was ‘about evenly divided’"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorship_of_Lu...

Back to the study group......*sighs*......

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

JESUS SAID..WHOM TO BELIEVE IN
So why aren't you following HIS commands as should be your will???
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed.(Leviticus 20:9)

If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die.(Leviticus 20:10).

If a man sleeps with his father's wife... both him and his father's wife is to be put to death.(Leviticus 20:11)

If a man sleeps with his wife and her mother they are all to be burnt to death.(Leviticus 20:14)

If a man or woman has sex with an animal, both human and animal must be killed.(Leviticus 20:15-16).

If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be "cut off from their people" (Leviticus 20:18)

Psychics, wizards, and so on are to be stoned to death.(Leviticus 20:27)

If a priest's daughter is a whore, she is to be burnt at the stake.(Leviticus 21:9)

People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God (Leviticus 21:17-18)

Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community.(Leviticus 24:14-16)

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
All actions of Self.
Thanks for promoting the Self.
Why don't you believe Jesus when he expressed the same?
If as according to you Christians are only half-following the will of Jesus ... do you believe that you are following the WHOLE will of Jesus ... by any chance???

:)

Silly people!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 451,581 - 451,600 of511,921
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

470 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min It aint necessarily so 679,807
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 12 min USA-1 37,845
I want a sugar daddy. 18 min Dean 11
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 38 min The Hindu Forum 216,689
Say hello to everyone and I am new here 49 min Cisco Kid 7
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr buystripbenoquin 4,410
Proof Jesus never existed (Aug '09) 1 hr Some1 Else 12,232
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 1 hr mercy_lad 231
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Toby 89,503
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 hr Sheilaa 109,510
•••
•••
•••