Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 672821 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#468199 Aug 2, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Oxbow"
There is no cure for your stupidity...
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
"He ordered His Apostles to baptize all nations. Mt. 28:19".
If this was a requirement to be born again, to meet His requirement to enter Heaven, it would be a parallel verse to the above Scripture quoted..it ain't...
Is there no one on this forum that know how to study the Word of God!!!!!!!???
I'm concerned about a cure for your scolding...it's called The Word of God.
I never said that baptism was a 'requirement' for any thing. Once again, YOU asked to be shown ONE time that Jesus spoke of baptism.
I did that...and He also said that 'he who believes and is baptized shall be saved'.
I am arguing nothing...just giving what you asked for. Believing in Jesus saves us. Following Jesus involves baptism. Nothing to argue about.
What do you believe about it?
KayMarie
The first rule in the art of lying is: Do not tell a lie that can be easily proven a lie.

You are saying I posted "Show me where He said one thing about being baptized". You are saying there was nothing else in my post....and that is a lie.

This is what I posted:

Show me where He said one thing about being baptized...

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

And...you cannot...because He did not.....

Lie numbero dos: I never said that baptism was a 'requirement' for any thing.

Your words: We believe baptism to be necessary.
KayMarie
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#468200 Aug 2, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You said you logged in months ago and saw us and Fr. Dye making fun of two Orthodox that were on here??
I don't remember any Orthodox on here except you two. And I sure as heck don't remember Fr Dye making fun of ANYONE.
Are you sure about this?
There were no Catholics making fun of the Orthodox. I don't think there was a single negative comment towards these two Orthodox until our Church was called an abortion. They don't represent Orthodoxy the way I know the Orthodox.

Location hidden

#468201 Aug 2, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I know. the Vatican had a child sex ring. I saw the news article about the allegation that you provided as well as the you tube 'news cast' about the story. lol. Do you have anymore slander you good provide for us?
You have a yellow streak down your back...a mile wide (slight exaggeration)...you are terrified of the truth...and cannot face it...so, you put your tail between your legs and slink away....

Does the following verses teach that Christ is God?????? It reveals the truth....that is the last thing Catholics want to face...so they turn tail and run...cowards...!!!!!

But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Then, after speaking in many and varied ways through the prophets, "now at last in these days God has spoken to us in His Son":(Heb. 1:1-2).

For He sent His Son, the eternal Word, who enlightens all men, so that He might dwell among men and tell them of the innermost being of God (see John 1:1-18).

Jesus Christ, therefore, the Word made flesh, was sent as "a man to men." He "speaks the words of God" (John 3;34), and completes the work of salvation which His Father gave Him to do (see John 5:36; John 17:4)

And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

BTW..Your denomination teaches Christ is the incarnate Son of God...the redeemer of the human Race...why do you not believe what your vatacan teaches????
truth

Madeley, Australia

#468202 Aug 2, 2013
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaa
youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuu
zlopamtilo
zlo;pamtil
pozla goro pozlila si se
pozla po zlu black as evil
oil=black
a you lio
di si bio
kumo lijo jel si bio
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

who can forgive
can open door spiritual as well any door

now
mr/mrs jambopomajo pomajo po maj u=u jamo p j a mop
mopati=cleaner=who?
mop map mip mep mup
is there someone aass secrect
no any secret heaven sweare to earth
is in mup ass what spy
as your police volice ne volice
yep

pum=pum=as cat aaaaaaaaaaaa
kunic pumic
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooo
ne kumin se
kamin komin kemin kimin kumin
who is in com com com dot com www.com od pozla gora
kama=death
see read who is in kakekikoku=is any bird there as svraka s=$vra vrak vrag rak kvar kvarc
'kvarc'=iskra is;kra krakovici kradljivci=thief
as come=death as thief in night
'nobody know time when my father come'
'as come as thief in night'
who.kvarc=as varka carka vrag

now
garvo as principe
is your principal gay or drug as drug burg=as grub
pro 14;3
proverb=grub g rub=cosak cozik

'E'
http://biblehub.com/proverbs/14-5.htm
Simple

United States

#468203 Aug 2, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>as a medic and also a patient for over 6 months, I saw many soldiers that were worse off than myself, so my pitty party didn't last very long. I was alive, able to walk, tho not good, able to use my arms again. so I was fortunate that God saw fit to extend my life and I have nothing to complain about
So God decides who lives and dies?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#468204 Aug 2, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't hide your lyin' eyes
And your smile is a thin disguise
I thought by now you'd realize
There ain't no way to hide your lyin eyes
Finished with my woman 'cause she couldn't help me with my mind
people think I'm insane because I am frowning all the time
All day long I think of things but nothing seems to satisfy
Think I'll lose my mind if I don't find something to pacify

Can you help me occupy my brain?
Oh yeah

I need someone to show me the things in life that I can't find
I can't see the things that make true happiness, I must be blind

Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry
Happiness I cannot feel and love to me is so unreal

And so as you hear these words telling you now of my state
I tell you to enjoy life I wish I could but it's too late

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#468205 Aug 2, 2013
who="Clay "
Actually, America was founded by Catholics in 1492.(no disrespect to the natives. I'm speaking of the people who founded these shores on behalf of Europe)
Protestants didn't even exist then. It was your propaganda that shaped everyone's view of the Catholic Church. You guys maliciously forced Catholics out of towns and banned the Mass in all 13 Colonies except Maryland. There were terrible atrocities committed against us because of ignorance, rumors and slander at the hands of the moron bigots when didn't know how to interpret their freshly printed Bibles.

You must be the fellow who is re-writing the history books that are used in public schools! I am old enough to remember when our schools taught the truth.

The worst thing done to Catholics in the founding of this country, was that they were not allowed to hold public office, except maybe in Maryland. That 'ruling' was still in effect when JFK ran for president. He had to make a public statement that his FIRST loyalties would be to the U.S., not the VATICAN.

KayMarie
truth

Madeley, Australia

#468206 Aug 2, 2013
cosak=who wait as conner waiter
under which shape as geometric symbol
l=as levi levite tel lev
i<<<<=k
see k=11
see mum
11 train entering
||||||=TRAIN=straip vertical as baroko bar;oko=watching from bar=where safe
where is fast road usualy people not stand to much
a just like that
fastr
as what thief come in night
not meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ee

its mean
time they choose as night as thief

earth swear to heaven not will be secret verse vica
=thief feith as pronaucment faith as wrote fa it h=8

dectetive=s=why=as money$ setcetive set=6 e tive e vit v it as < or v
truth

Madeley, Australia

#468207 Aug 2, 2013
vanka lanka=who say that some say head is black=any secure ure jure 'pure' is like that
yepppppppppppppppppppppppppppp pppppppp
||||||=6 ffffff=look map of street near building as show direction..
words
de;crypt;ion or direction
https://www.google.com.au/search...

seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
every ghost is not holy spirit
under=dawn

Location hidden

#468208 Aug 2, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So Romans 10:9 isn't enough?
Oxbow wrote:
A SAVED CHURCH MEMBERSHIP
These are people that have been saved....

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

These people have not been saved...They do not meet the membership requirement to be members.

Glad to be of help....

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#468209 Aug 2, 2013
this didn't come from CIB, either.

Brazil researchers: Church inflated size of crowd celebrating Mass with Pope Francis in Rio

WaPo- Brazilian researchers say the Roman Catholic Church's estimate of the crowd that turned out to see Pope Francis celebrate Mass on Copacabana beach is inflated,

Location hidden

#468210 Aug 2, 2013
Simple wrote:
<quoted text>
So God decides who lives and dies?
He does have that Power, doesn't He?

Or are you trying to limit that Power?
truth

Madeley, Australia

#468211 Aug 2, 2013
in my case family
who divided two from box as bones
https://www.google.com.au/search...
wife and husbund
sikira=exes
is kira is k ira <
irudice prokletnice=holy ilija holy elia
kira=holy ilija

who? is kira rika raka tika taka=o'clock
about what?
bumich kumic com dot tom..ah sam sem sim som sum
sim card which one
who

shut up evil people
where
sad..very sad..
>->
._..-.=two bamp two face two way tel phone
if phone its mean will be phone up or down
who is down who is up

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#468212 Aug 2, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Finished with my woman 'cause she couldn't help me with my mind
people think I'm insane because I am frowning all the time
All day long I think of things but nothing seems to satisfy
Think I'll lose my mind if I don't find something to pacify
Can you help me occupy my brain?
Oh yeah
I need someone to show me the things in life that I can't find
I can't see the things that make true happiness, I must be blind
Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry
Happiness I cannot feel and love to me is so unreal
And so as you hear these words telling you now of my state
I tell you to enjoy life I wish I could but it's too late
"Paranoid" Anthony? Of what?

It is kinda odd that you think Ozzy and Black Sabbath may be of help.

But hey, it is a good song nonetheless.
truth

Madeley, Australia

#468213 Aug 2, 2013
Plain Jane

Orlando, FL

#468214 Aug 2, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
"....in all but three of the 13 original colonies, Catholics were the subject of penal measures of one kind or another during the colonial period."
Source:
http://www.traditioninaction.org/History/B_00...
https:\\vpn.bluestembrands.com
Good point. But then again - where was the supposed ONLY TRUE church on this issue - Freedom of Conscience?

In fact, who were the first people to grant Catholics the right to vote? Hint- certainly not other fellow Catholics, lol.

Being the "ONLY TRUE" church should imply a history of moral leadership. Why did your supposed ONLY TRUE church fight against things like democracy and freedom of religion for so long?

Have fun making sense of that.
Plain Jane

Orlando, FL

#468215 Aug 2, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, America was founded by Catholics in 1492.(no disrespect to the natives. I'm speaking of the people who founded these shores on behalf of Europe)
Protestants didn't even exist then. It was your propaganda that shaped everyone's view of the Catholic Church. You guys maliciously forced Catholics out of towns and banned the Mass in all 13 Colonies except Maryland. There were terrible atrocities committed against us because of ignorance, rumors and slander at the hands of the moron bigots when didn't know how to interpret their freshly printed Bibles.
Sorry tinkerbell, you are correct. I meant the USA.

But you do bring up a nice contrast - the Catholic majority American countries vs the Protestant/other America.

Catholics are good for cheap labor.

#468216 Aug 2, 2013
who="Dan"
"....in all but three of the 13 original colonies, Catholics were the subject of penal measures of one kind or another during the colonial period."
Source:
http://www.traditioninaction.org/History/B_00...
https:\\vpn.bluestembrands.com

Interesting Catholic article. It reveals a strong hatred of Catholics against what they called the Americanist. That hatred was the reason that they encountered hostility.

It shows why Catholics do not perceive Protestants as Christian. They've been TAUGHT to hate them.

KayMarie

#468219 Aug 2, 2013
who="Plain Jane"
Good point. But then again - where was the supposed ONLY TRUE church on this issue - Freedom of Conscience?
In fact, who were the first people to grant Catholics the right to vote? Hint- certainly not other fellow Catholics, lol.
Being the "ONLY TRUE" church should imply a history of moral leadership. Why did your supposed ONLY TRUE church fight against things like democracy and freedom of religion for so long?
Have fun making sense of that.

Check this one from Clay. You will be amazed at what it teaches.

http://www.traditioninaction.org/History/B_00 ...
(You can just click on it in my last post. This one didn't turn blue.)

KayMarie

#468220 Aug 2, 2013
I see that the addy did 'come alive' after I posted it.

KM

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min New Age Spiritual... 104,442
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 8 min New Age Spiritual... 445,837
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 37 min servants of satan 981,134
Gay/bi Skype Sex ? (Mar '14) 1 hr Mylilsexcrete 19
Dem Libs Has Need Of Gay Rabbits 1 hr WTF 1
News Michael Jackson's doctor: 'I told the truth' (Aug '09) 1 hr Spotted Wee 388
Ryan et al The Infinity Code 2 hr maher86 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Choir Loft 286,298
More from around the web